HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Nassau Coliseum Visitor FAQ

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
03-25-2012, 12:55 PM
  #401
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Those are fantastic seats, and you will have no trouble getting a train back to NYC after the game. Just get a cab to Mineola from the Marriott.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-25-2012, 01:17 PM
  #402
habsfan19
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 191
vCash: 500
cool
i noticed Westbury might be closer for trains? any difference?

and for stubhub, I guess if something goes wrong we won't have trouble getting cheap tickets at the game (scalpers) or upper level box office

habsfan19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
03-28-2012, 04:59 PM
  #403
BeauKnows19
Registered User
 
BeauKnows19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: New Jersey
Country: United States
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
On the Glass

I will be at the game this Thursday as they face the penguins. I am sitting in row a of section 124x. Are they good seats? Also, during the warmups do they let me go into the section that the penguins walk out? Finally, will I be bothered for cheering for the other team? LETS GO PENS

BeauKnows19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
  #404
strometotavares91
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Hey Guys! new poster here! i just bought my seats for opening night! there section 301 row s. how are they? can i see the hole ice good? are there any blocked views? i have been coming to the old barn for years but i have never sat that high up. my friends wanted to buy cheap seats! thanks and lets go islanders!!!!!!!!!!

strometotavares91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:05 PM
  #405
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by strometotavares91 View Post
Hey Guys! new poster here! i just bought my seats for opening night! there section 301 row s. how are they? can i see the hole ice good? are there any blocked views? i have been coming to the old barn for years but i have never sat that high up. my friends wanted to buy cheap seats! thanks and lets go islanders!!!!!!!!!!
301 is upper bowl, on the side the isles defend twice inbetween the blue line & faceoff circle. You'll definitely have a good view of the ice.

Row S, you'll probably have an obstructed view of the scoreboard. I think the scoreboard obstruction starts at either row P or Q.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:45 PM
  #406
strometotavares91
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
Ok thanks! So there won't be any thing blocking my view of the ice? I could careless about the score board. I know they have the tvs in the back rows

strometotavares91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 08:41 PM
  #407
strometotavares91
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
We had to choose 301 row s or 225 row j. We choose 301 because center ice and u can see the hole ice. Did I make the right decision? Or is 225 better seats?. Which one would have you chosen?

strometotavares91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:21 PM
  #408
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 234
Honestly I prefer to sit up high. When people say there isn't a bad seat in the house they mean it, no matter where you sit you'll have the whole view of the ice. Only thing "obstructed" is part of the center ice scoreboard the higher up you go.. Which is why I buy cheapest seats available theres really no difference, to me at least, between the upper deck deck and lower deck..

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  #409
penscup2013
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
does anyone know the sections that the visiting team comes out on the ice in between?

penscup2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:28 AM
  #410
strometotavares91
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NEW YORK
Country: United States
Posts: 4
vCash: 500
thanks everyone! thats all i care is that the seats are good enough to see the hole ice! i use to have tickets in 321 row h but i had to give them up after to moving out east on the north fork. the ride got to long to go to every game but i still go to about 15-20 games a year. LETS GO ISLANDERS!

strometotavares91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:57 PM
  #411
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by penscup2013 View Post
does anyone know the sections that the visiting team comes out on the ice in between?
113x and 114
Quote:
Originally Posted by strometotavares91 View Post
thanks everyone! thats all i care is that the seats are good enough to see the hole ice! i use to have tickets in 321 row h but i had to give them up after to moving out east on the north fork. the ride got to long to go to every game but i still go to about 15-20 games a year. LETS GO ISLANDERS!
W. The letter exists for a reason.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:42 PM
  #412
Isles Junkie
Registered User
 
Isles Junkie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 8,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunk Moreland View Post
Honestly I prefer to sit up high. When people say there isn't a bad seat in the house they mean it, no matter where you sit you'll have the whole view of the ice. Only thing "obstructed" is part of the center ice scoreboard the higher up you go.. Which is why I buy cheapest seats available theres really no difference, to me at least, between the upper deck deck and lower deck..
that's not entirely true.

If you sit in the corners then part of the defensive zone is cut off and it's also difficult to see down the boards at the other side of the ice.

But for the most part, NVMC has fantastic sight lines.

Isles Junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:55 PM
  #413
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,644
vCash: 500
Hey guys, 3 of my friends and I are coming down to NYC for our spring break. The Habs are in town one night, so we plan on catching them.

From what I gather, the easiest way from Manhattan to Nassau Coliseum is to take the LIRR from Penn Station to either Mineola, Hempstead or Westbury and cab from there. Is that correct? Do we have to transfer somewhere after leaving Penn Station or does it take us straight to one of those stops?

Also, after the game, is it easy to grab a cab outside the Coliseum? Or do we have to call one/reserve one to make it back to one of the train stations?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:59 PM
  #414
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bud2790 View Post
Hey guys, 3 of my friends and I are coming down to NYC for our spring break. The Habs are in town one night, so we plan on catching them.

From what I gather, the easiest way from Manhattan to Nassau Coliseum is to take the LIRR from Penn Station to either Mineola, Hempstead or Westbury and cab from there. Is that correct? Do we have to transfer somewhere after leaving Penn Station or does it take us straight to one of those stops?

Also, after the game, is it easy to grab a cab outside the Coliseum? Or do we have to call one/reserve one to make it back to one of the train stations?

Thanks for any help you can provide!
Train is exactly as you said. You may have to change at Jamaica, if so, the ticket taker will tell you, and the train will be waiting right across the platform. Cab from there.

To catch a cab going back to NYC, walk to the Marriott hotel across from the main entrance of the NVMC, a slew of cabs wait at the front door after every game. More trains go back to NYC from Mineola or Westbury than Hempstead.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:08 PM
  #415
Bud2790
Registered User
 
Bud2790's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Montreal
Posts: 3,644
vCash: 500
Great, thank you very much!

Bud2790 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 01:57 PM
  #416
swiss nhl fan
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bern, Switzerland
Country: Switzerland
Posts: 1
vCash: 500
Hi, me and a friend are coming to nyc for the first week of february. We already bought tickets for the islanders game on february 3rd against the devils. We will have our hotel right at the times square in nyc. So what I already figured out: we have to take the LIRR from penn station to mineola and a cab from mineola to nassau colliseum.

My questions now are:

- how long will this trip take ? especially the way backÖ
- do you think itís possible to be back in nyc fort he superbowl?
- if not, what would you recommend for watching it?

thanks for your help...

swiss nhl fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-21-2013, 05:02 PM
  #417
lost35*
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 799
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss nhl fan View Post
Hi, me and a friend are coming to nyc for the first week of february. We already bought tickets for the islanders game on february 3rd against the devils. We will have our hotel right at the times square in nyc. So what I already figured out: we have to take the LIRR from penn station to mineola and a cab from mineola to nassau colliseum.

My questions now are:

- how long will this trip take ? especially the way backÖ
- do you think itís possible to be back in nyc fort he superbowl?
- if not, what would you recommend for watching it?

thanks for your help...


-cab from mineola to nassau coliseum will probably take about 10-15 minutes, on the way back it will take longer as there will be traffic getting out of the Coliseum

- the game on the 3rd starts at 3 so I bet it ends around 5:30-45, Super Bowl is at 6:30, unless you leave the Isles game a little early, or don't mind missing a few minutes of the Super Bowl, probably not a chance you will make it back to NYC in time for the beginning of the game

- there is a Marriott Hotel across from the Coliseum that has a bar called Champions that I am sure will be showing the Super Bowl, there are also a few other places that are close to the Coliseum, but the Marriott is the only place I know that you don't really need to take a cab to

lost35* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 09:11 AM
  #418
DixonWard15
Registered User
 
DixonWard15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 887
vCash: 500
Buffalo transplant looking to go to the Isles/Sabres game tomorrow. This will be my first time to your building, two questions:

tickets are dropping under $10 on stubhub, how long do they typically go?
there are a few VIP tickets available, are they worth the extra $$$?

DixonWard15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:17 PM
  #419
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
Buffalo transplant looking to go to the Isles/Sabres game tomorrow. This will be my first time to your building, two questions:

tickets are dropping under $10 on stubhub, how long do they typically go?
there are a few VIP tickets available, are they worth the extra $$$?
Tickets so far on stubhub have been around $25.. I'm sure the blizzard combined with the past couple losses have contributed to the lower price.. VIP seats if I'm thinking of the same seats I had for a game last season are above the 200 section and only realt perk is they'll have someone come over and you can order food/drinks thru them.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
02-08-2013, 02:29 PM
  #420
Islander102
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 1,247
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DixonWard15 View Post
Buffalo transplant looking to go to the Isles/Sabres game tomorrow. This will be my first time to your building, two questions:

tickets are dropping under $10 on stubhub, how long do they typically go?
there are a few VIP tickets available, are they worth the extra $$$?
Most of the price drop is due to the storm.

Islander102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-15-2013, 05:37 PM
  #421
SaintTavares
Registered User
 
SaintTavares's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Brooklyn
Country: United States
Posts: 600
vCash: 578
Hey, does anyone know the price for Moe's Loudville section? I know last year it was 14, is it still the same?

SaintTavares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-27-2013, 11:38 PM
  #422
Russ2582
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Newark, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 146
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Russ2582
I know someone probably posted it up but I'm shopping around for tickets for the Islanders/Caps game on the 9th and Im looking for tickets in the 302-304 sections. In those sections, where are the rows that I should stay from because of the obstructed views?

Russ2582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
02-28-2013, 07:28 AM
  #423
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,872
vCash: 234
If your in the top three rows the top of the scoreboard might be obstructed but its really not that bad.. But it probably won't be a full house you could always move a section or a few rows down security doesn't really mess with people in the upper bowl.

Bunk Moreland is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-01-2013, 05:42 PM
  #424
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,118
vCash: 500
Hi to all,

One of my friend from Montreal is going to the game next Wednesday with the Isles and the Habs. He was wondering how to get to the rink from the Yotel in Manhattan. He's not planning to rent a car so what's the easiest way? Is there any shuttle he can take from New York to Long Island? Can he take the same transportation whether it's to go to Uniondale and to go back to New York? He is wondering if the same available transportation that could get him there would be the same as the one that would leave Long Island after the game. I know there's already some infos in this thread but was wondering if there was anything more precise in regards to Manhattan to Long Island. And the easiest way possible and cheapest way possible would be nice. Thanks for responding!

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
03-02-2013, 12:07 PM
  #425
Whitesnake
Habs of steel
 
Whitesnake's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lorraine, QC
Country: Canada
Posts: 47,118
vCash: 500
Would have really appreciated to have an answer regarding this....If this isn't the proper place to receive an answer...where is it?

Whitesnake is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:58 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.