HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
Ron Wilson*

vCash: 500
Friend of mine close to TML scout said Nonis reduced his offer after Booth went down with injury.

Makes perfect sense. After reading Gillis's recent comments about "no pressure" via TSN article today, it's obvious he is even more desperate. Well done Nonis. Way to adapt to the market and situation.

Komeserek + Conelly + conditional 3rd/4th (PHX Pick from Lomb. trade) is all you will get Vancouver

Old
01-16-2013, 11:14 PM
miked1101

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Wilson View Post
Friend of mine close to TML scout said Nonis reduced his offer after Booth went down with injury.

Makes perfect sense. After reading Gillis's recent comments about "no pressure" via TSN article today, it's obvious he is even more desperate. Well done Nonis. Way to adapt to the market and situation.

Komeserek + Conelly + conditional 3rd/4th (PHX Pick from Lomb. trade) is all you will get Vancouver
Go home Ron, you're drunk.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:16 PM
Flowzak
I saw, I conquered.

I'm hoping Edmonton gets him. I have the entire first line on my hockey pool, and they might not be negative on the +/- scale if Luongo's in net.

Old
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vankiller Whale View Post
Our defense and goaltending is rock solid. If when the season start we find we aren't generating enough offense, we might trade some picks for rentals, as most of the "holes" are only temporary anyways. Both Kesler and Booth will be back for when it counts. Our short term goal is simply to make the playoffs.
Canucks had 3 defenseman in the top 25 and Garrison make 4 in the top 31 among D. Aside from the obvious strength in net, and of course the Sedins, the mobile defense on the Canucks is the team's biggest strength and is very underrated in the league. Kesler and Booth had bad seasons last year with 49 & 30 points. The team is deep enough to win without them. Higgins and Hansen had 43 & 39. That's better than many second line players.

Old
Avs44

vCash: 130
Quote:

Yes, we should totally believe someone on the internet who claims they have a friend who knows a scout who apparently knows Nonis lowered his offer on Luongo.

And since you said so, I'm sure that's all Vancouver will be able to get. Komeserek, Conelly, and a 3rd/4th.

Old
vanwest

Quote:

Makes perfect sense. After reading Gillis's recent comments about "no pressure" via TSN article today, it's obvious he is even more desperate. Well done Nonis. Way to adapt to the market and situation. Komeserek + Conelly + conditional 3rd/4th (PHX Pick from Lomb. trade) is all you will get Vancouver
Good for him. Always nice to see a GM take a stand in his last season as a GM. We'll make a deal with Burke's errr....Nonis' successor this summer.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
I'm confused though, don't the Canucks kind of HAVE to make a trade? Asides from having 10 mil on goaltending and one that will become disgruntled having to be a backup, more importantly who's centering the 2nd line with Kesler gone? Schroeder? That can't be too good.
Canucks don't HAVE to make a trade until end of training camp next season, IMHO... Maybe it's longer, but I don't think so... Until Kesler gets back, Schroeder and Ebbett are going to duke it out... Higgins also can play center... I imagine the Canucks are going to get depth this trade deadline as usual for 2nd, 3rd or 4th pick... Throughout the season, as usual, the Canucks will rely on their competitive advantage, outstanding goaltending...
Every game the Canucks play, the Canucks should have at least equal, and often better, goaltending... which is a huge difference maker...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Ron Wilson*

You guys need a veteran D man (Komi), you need a 1st/2nd line center on a short contract so Kes/Booth reprise roles (Conelly) + you need a pick to make it look somewhat ok for you guys (3rd/4th) plus you need to take back salary, ala Komi and Conn.

Hate it all you want but that, or something close to it is all you will get.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
bobbyt91
you must quote me :P

Nash>>>>Luo and look what Nash drew. I expect the best player in the deal to be a 40pt forward a middle prospect and at best a 2nd. So Bozak+Colbourne+2nd is as high as I expect the Leafs to offer and I expect Gillis to not accept now but if still no takers by the deadline then it will be even less and if still no takers after the deadline then it gets ever worse!. I could honestly see Luo staying and Schneider going if Luo isn't gone by next off season. Why give Luo away for next to nothing next year when Schneider will draw a strong return or Gillis could take the best offer on the table before the season.

Mac or Frattin in the pkg is too much(with Bozak+Colbourne+2nd). The Leafs will be able to get a descent goalie next off season and still have their players.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:19 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avs44 View Post
Yes, we should totally believe someone on the internet who claims they have a friend who knows a scout who apparently knows Nonis lowered his offer on Luongo.

And since you said so, I'm sure that's all Vancouver will be able to get. Komeserek, Conelly, and a 3rd/4th.
The offers in the summer were LACK for Luongo, so having less of each of those players in a deal is actually an improvement.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:21 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

Quote:
You guys need a veteran D man (Komi), you need a 1st/2nd line center on a short contract so Kes/Booth reprise roles (Conelly) + you need a pick to make it look somewhat ok for you guys (3rd/4th) plus you need to take back salary, ala Komi and Conn.

throw in clarky mccarthur
we dont need him anymore

Old
01-16-2013, 11:22 PM
Nash

Quote:

Can we also trade for the rights to Armstrong's buyout and Lombardi's salary retention. It just doesn't feel right trading for CK without the LA.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
Hockey 4 Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash View Post
Can we also trade for the rights to Armstrong's buyout and Lombardi's salary retention. It just doesn't feel right trading for CK without the LA.
If we traded for lou though we would have a new LACK

Louongos
Albatross
Contract
Kills

The Toronto maple leafs cap flexability for the next decade.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:29 PM
I in the Eye

What does Vegas say are the Canucks chances to win a cup? What do the EA Sports forecasters say, the ones who run their statistical analysis and get great results? As is, the Canucks are a top team in the NHL... And that's with a top talent in goal sitting on the bench each night... This can't be ignored by Leaf fans laughing at the Canucks roster, and thinking that the Canucks are in some terrible position...

Old
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
Ron Wilson*

Laugh all you want but Leaf fans will laugh just the same the way they did at Boston.

LOL TML thinking Kaberle will fetch a prospect! LOL and a 1st!!! LOL and another pick!!!

ROFL we will give you a 5th for Kaberle, maybe 4th. LOL Toronto fans haha.

Yeah that's right, just wait Vancouver.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
At this point in time, I do not think Luongo is available. It makes much more sense for us to wait and see. So as tempting as offers of Connolly + Komisarek are, I'm afraid we'll have to decline.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:33 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
At this point in time, I do not think Luongo is available. It makes much more sense for us to wait and see. So as tempting as offers of Connolly + Komisarek are, I'm afraid we'll have to decline.
What? Gillis stop taking phone calls now?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:34 PM
Nash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post

Louongos
Albatross
Contract
Kills

Not sure if serious?!?

5.3 million a year for a top ten goalie. He will likely retire at 40 in 7 years. Cap recapture penalty those next 3 years is 2.5 million a year. For a team with garbage goaltending since the days of Cujo and Belfour, and a team willing to pay 3.5 million between buyouts and cap retention deals this year, how is that an Albatross of a contract?

Old
miked1101

Quote:
Laugh all you want but Leaf fans will laugh just the same the way they did at Boston.

LOL TML thinking Kaberle will fetch a prospect! LOL and a 1st!!! LOL and another pick!!!

I'm sure Boston fans feel really bad about Leaf fans laughing at them... LMAO ROFL

Old
Sittler 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey 4 Life View Post

Louongos
Albatross
Contract
Kills

Very well done.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:35 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankthetank91 View Post
So what do you guys plan on doing? Serious question, i'm curious. Kesler and Booth out that's 2 pretty big holes and considering it's a short season a bad start could be disastrous. Not exactly any good FA's available.
In what way could it be disastrous? They dont make the playoffs?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:36 PM
Vankiller Whale
All hail WMD

vCash: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
What? Gillis stop taking phone calls now?
At this point in time. I'm sure Gillis is fielding calls. But I don't think he'd risk trading Luongo now until we see where we're at on the ice, at least a couple of games in. Schneider hasn't been exactly stellar lately, and if we trade Luongo now and Schneider underperforms, we'd be in some pretty dire straits.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

Quote:
Our defense and goaltending is rock solid. If when the season start we find we aren't generating enough offense, we might trade some picks for rentals, as most of the "holes" are only temporary anyways. Both Kesler and Booth will be back for when it counts. Our short term goal is simply to make the playoffs.

As good as Kes and Booth are its not like they are the only guys doing any scoring for us. And as you mentioned our tending and D is quite good.

Heck how many games with we go without our top scorer last year?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:38 PM
nubber

such a short sprint though. 4 weeks would be like 2 months in a regular season plus less time to make up any lost ground. hope they can shore it up somehow?

Old
01-16-2013, 11:38 PM
Philly85
Moody'

Quote:

Boston won a Stanley Cup.

Last edited by spiny norman: 01-17-2013 at 12:40 AM. Reason: not needed
Closed Thread