HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Ottawa Senators
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bingo vs Crackchester|January 16th, 2013|7:05 pm w/ stream

Old
01-16-2013, 10:36 PM
Berserker*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WasTeD View Post
Not yet. Aaron Paul just tweeted a few weeks ago that he had just gotten the first script in the mail.
So far from what I've seen in season 5, I liked season 4 better. It will be interesting to see what they do with the second half of the season.

Berserker* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:40 PM
SensForLife11

Henceforth, when Da Costa does this goal celly, we must refer to it as "The Eiffel Tower"

SensForLife11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:09 PM
Icelevel
little bit better

Can't stop winning.

Icelevel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
derriko

Corey Cowick and Derek Grant could be 2/3's of our 4th line sometime in the future. Though they are going to be in tough considering how many players we have just like them.

Also cant wait for Breaking Bad. Though its gotten a little stale this past season, the end of the show should be intense. Only 6 more months!

derriko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:26 PM
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensForLife11 View Post
Henceforth, when Da Costa does this goal celly, we must refer to it as "The Eiffel Tower"

Haha, I love it. Wherever you are immediately after scoring the goal, just stop dead in your tracks and lift your arms, and let your teammates come to you to celebrate.

I'd love for that to become his "Mike Foligno"-style trademark celebration.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:50 PM
DrEasy
Get well soon, BM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruiser View Post
So far from what I've seen in season 5, I liked season 4 better. It will be interesting to see what they do with the second half of the season.
It's because season 5 has been shorter. It's a size issue.

DrEasy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:56 PM
FolignoQuantumLeap
A mad Mup

Quote:
Originally Posted by SensForLife11 View Post

Incroyable!

Baguette

FolignoQuantumLeap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:06 AM
General Granny*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hale The Villain View Post
I said at the start of the year that we should give him a couple years in Bingo, now I think we need to give him a couple years.

Extremely raw player still. Got the tools to be a player, needs time to refine his game.
Agreed 100%.

He should follow the development cycle of a Ryan and Kessler, they seem to have a similar skill set and style, and they took their time developing until they were 22/23 years old. Not too mention Zib has had 2 major concessions in the past 2 seasons that have really limited him.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:19 AM
Drama

Just wondering if there is any chance Da Costa gets a chance to play for the big club this year? He seems to be doing well in Bingo so is his size really that big of a factor to not let him have a chance with the big club?

Drama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:05 AM
ZekeA
The Pride is Back...

Final stats...

Rochester Americans 1 at Binghamton Senators 5
Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - Broome County Veterans Memorial Arena

Rochester 1 0 0 - 1
Binghamton 2 3 0 - 5

1st Period-1, Binghamton, Cowick 5 (Pageau), 7:32 (SH). 2, Rochester, Adam 9 (Crawford, McNabb), 14:50 (PP). 3, Binghamton, Cowick 6 (Jessiman, Pageau), 18:21. Penalties-Da Costa Bng (tripping), 6:32; Jessiman Bng (roughing), 12:52.

2nd Period-4, Binghamton, Da Costa 7 (Pageau, Cowick), 9:13. 5, Binghamton, Downing 1 (Dziurzynski, New), 11:51. 6, Binghamton, Da Costa 8 (Stone, Zibanejad), 14:33. Penalties-Da Costa Bng (tripping), 7:02.

3rd Period- No Scoring.Penalties-Roy Rch (roughing), 4:01; Blood Bng (unsportsmanlike conduct), 4:01; Cowick Bng (delay of game), 11:25; Dziurzynski Bng (boarding), 16:11; Tarnasky Rch (slashing), 16:15.

Shots on Goal-
Rochester 13-13-10-36.
Binghamton 14-17-7-38.

Power Play Opportunities-
Rochester 1 / 5;
Binghamton 0 / 1.

Goalies-Rochester, Leggio 18-12-1 (38 shots-33 saves). Binghamton, Lawson 2-1-0 (36 shots-35 saves).

Three Stars:
1. BNG - C. Cowick
2. BNG - S. Da Costa
3. BNG - N. Lawson

ZekeA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:20 AM
Mercurial
#lalala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drama View Post
Just wondering if there is any chance Da Costa gets a chance to play for the big club this year? He seems to be doing well in Bingo so is his size really that big of a factor to not let him have a chance with the big club?
The Turris trade has made if very difficult for him to make the big club in his natural role. I could see him being a significant trade piece down the road. If he doesn't get a shot soon, it's going to make his RFA contract discussion very interesting this summer.

Mercurial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
God Says No

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercurial View Post
The Turris trade has made if very difficult for him to make the big club in his natural role. I could see him being a significant trade piece down the road. If he doesn't get a shot soon, it's going to make his RFA contract discussion very interesting this summer.
yeah the only way he makes it this year if there is injury to either turris or spezza. or he gets moved to the wing (which i think should happen)

God Says No is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:24 AM
sens83

Quote:
Being a top six pick I would assume that they want to try and maximize his potential.

Also Breaking Bad is a ****ing awesome show, have they started airing the second half of season 5 yet?
Quote:
Power forwards tend to take longer to develop, so I guess it depends on if they're contempt in letting him top out as a 2nd/3rd line tweener or let him try and develop his puck skills more and hopefully be a great top 6 player

EDIT: tweener, not tweeker. Too much Breaking Bad lately.
Quote:
Not yet. Aaron Paul just tweeted a few weeks ago that he had just gotten the first script in the mail.
Quote:
I think we should get Heisenberg on this squad as an assistant coach.

sens83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
danishh
Dat Stache

Quote:
Originally Posted by sens83 View Post
I think we should get Heisenberg on this squad as an assistant coach.
heisenberg is already erik karlsson's partner in ottawa.

danishh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:09 PM
Qward
Because! That's why!

I think DaCostas grit makes him perfect for the third line.

If we go three scoring lines

Spezza
Turris
DaCosta
Smith

Move Regin and JOB to the wings

Qward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:01 PM
Berserker*

Now having watched the game, that wasn't Dziurzynski's strongest game. The biggest thing he has to work on at this point is consistency. Some games he is really fast out there, skating hard and showing strong offensive potential, making high quality passes, reading the play well and stick handling through multiple defendors to get a shot off. When he plays like this, he shows the potential to be another Curtiss Glencross or showing similar ability to that of Colin Greening. Other games he is very physical making big hits, getting involved in scrums and fights. When he plays like this he shows the potential to be another Chris Neil. Then other games he just looks very mediocre; he looks a bit sluggish with his skating, he is fumbling or over skating the puck and not really engaged physically. When he plays like this, I can see why many fans may question his NHL upside.

As Tim Murray said at the start of the year when they signed Dzurzynski he was a very raw player. In his first year in Binghamton they felt that he could use some time in the ECHL but they kept him around. Then he started to develop and refine his game to the point this season where he looks like he has a decent shot of becoming an NHL player. As long as he becomes more consistent with his play he could be an NHL player as soon as next season.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:11 PM
ReginKarlssonLehner
Classless, no rispek

Quote:
Now having watched the game, that wasn't Dziurzynski's strongest game. The biggest thing he has to work on at this point is consistency. Some games he is really fast out there, skating hard and showing strong offensive potential, making high quality passes, reading the play well and stick handling through multiple defendors to get a shot off. When he plays like this, he shows the potential to be another Curtiss Glencross or showing similar ability to that of Colin Greening. Other games he is very physical making big hits, getting involved in scrums and fights. When he plays like this he shows the potential to be another Chris Neil. Then other games he just looks very mediocre; he looks a bit sluggish with his skating, he is fumbling or over skating the puck and not really engaged physically. When he plays like this, I can see why many fans may question his NHL upside.

As Tim Murray said at the start of the year when they signed Dzurzynski he was a very raw player. In his first year in Binghamton they felt that he could use some time in the ECHL but they kept him around. Then he started to develop and refine his game to the point this season where he looks like he has a decent shot of becoming an NHL player. As long as he becomes more consistent with his play he could be an NHL player as soon as next season.
Please, stop misinforming the people. I'm not even saying this as a person who's out to get you or DD. He has had his fair share of good looks but no where to the extent you're making him out to be. There hasn't even been a single game where I've said, DD was our best player tonight in the AHL so far; with a lot of depth and unsung heroes, that should mean something of his play on this team's depth chart.

I do agree he is still very raw and if there is one thing you advocate towards his play that is accurate, it's his physical ability. He is like a pest out there who can throw his body around but dear God, calling him inconsistent is an understatement. Glencross potential? Looooooooooooooooooool. 50 points in the league? If he gets called up to play on the fourth line, I think he can pack it in and call his career a success.

ReginKarlssonLehner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:23 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

DD is my biggest disappointment this far in the season out of all prospects that have been in Bingo this long as he has..

I dunno, his line w/Grant and Stone has been terrific early on but has fizzled out lately and DD seems to have been stuck on cruise control

Old
01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
General Granny*

I just don't see any type of offensive skills in game for him to play in the NHL, even guys like Condra, Daugavins, Greening, O'Brien put up points at the AHL level and they are bottom 6 guys in the NHL level.

General Granny* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:38 PM
Ouroboros

Dziurzynski is in the midst of a 33 game goalless streak - both of his goals came in the second game of the year.

I don't care what your role is, that is brutal.

Ouroboros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:49 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ski View Post
DD is my biggest disappointment this far in the season out of all prospects that have been in Bingo this long as he has..

I dunno, his line w/Grant and Stone has been terrific early on but has fizzled out lately and DD seems to have been stuck on cruise control
Richardson should probably break them up, I think it could be good for both of them to gets some ice time with some other players.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Berserker*

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Granny View Post
I just don't see any type of offensive skills in game for him to play in the NHL, even guys like Condra, Daugavins, Greening, O'Brien put up points at the AHL level and they are bottom 6 guys in the NHL level.
It is hard to assess DD's offensive potential unless you are watching every game. Like I said, he is inconsistent and doesn't show his offensive abilities every game. Aside from that, a lot of fans need to remember that this first half of the season has had a lot more talent in the AHL than any regular year. It can be hard to score in the AHL when you are taking shots on NHL calibre goalies and having NHL calibre defensemen defending against you.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:57 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
Richardson should probably break them up, I think it could be good for both of them to gets some ice time with some other players.
He did, somewhat..insert Downing for Stone, who moved 'up' to the 4th line w/ Da 'Eiffel Tower' Costa and Zibby..

Old
01-17-2013, 11:01 PM
Ski
Calder Cup Champs

Quote:
It is hard to assess DD's offensive potential unless you are watching every game. Like I said, he is inconsistent and doesn't show his offensive abilities every game. Aside from that, a lot of fans need to remember that this first half of the season has had a lot more talent in the AHL than any regular year. It can be hard to score in the AHL when you are taking shots on NHL calibre goalies and having NHL calibre defensemen defending against you.
That goes w/o saying, it effected ALL teams in the A..every team faced the same exact adversaries during that lock-out..