HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Notices

Free Coyotes Scrimmage Tonight

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 09:51 PM
  #26
kingbrutis
Registered User
 
kingbrutis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 1,066
vCash: 500
Well I thought Bulduc was the hungriest forward tonight. Played hard. Took a tough penality, but, it wasnt a lazy play. Gormley is a monster. I thought he was the best player on the ice. I really enjoyed watching his skill and poise. Good turnout. Everyone I talked to was stoked for hockey. I actually couldnt believe how fast most people knew about the Lombo trade. Yes we are a small group but understand the game and really apreciate what Tip and Maloney have done. Sorry for the spelling.

kingbrutis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 09:53 PM
  #27
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 1329
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMurdocktor View Post
Wow. I was pretty close to you. I was in that section, Row S, right on the aisle.
I stole the pic from twitter. Stayed home for this one.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:28 PM
  #28
clayman
Registered User
 
clayman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tigard, Oregon
Country: United States
Posts: 235
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIG View Post
Where's Doan?
I was thinking the same thing!

clayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  #29
Lyotes
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 196
vCash: 500
Awesome turn out tonight. It felt so good to be back in the arena!

Lyotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:34 PM
  #30
Vip
Das it mane
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayman View Post
I was thinking the same thing!
He's out with a lower body injury. Pretty sure it's minor.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:39 PM
  #31
Guest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 5,249
vCash: 500
I was genuinely impressed by the turnout. The crowd, while small, was pretty enthusiastic and we were able to get a couple of chants going. I was walking the concourse during the intermission but I heard there was a big ovation when the Lombo trade was announced.

It reminded me how much I missed watching hockey live and I'm that much more excited for the big game Sunday.

Guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:44 PM
  #32
BUX7PHX
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 896
vCash: 500
Things looked well and good.

Sullivan is a little different than Whitney. But I think he will work well with the Czechs as he figures out where to be defensively. Moss plays big and appears to be better in the corners than Pyatt. I tried to follow all of the additional players. For some reason, Conner's hustle stood out, but I don't remember huge plays from him. Bissonnette got to experience offense a little more than he would expect, and did not look wildly out of place. He did have a pass or two that could have been better. Both Shinnimin and Klinkhammer also had some hustle to their games. Miele is just good at moving his feet - thought he had drawn an interference call in the late 2nd along the boards, but bad refs - still not sure if either Shinnimin or Miele can squeeze themselves in and out of the bigger bodies, but it is entertaining to see them play.

I always feel like you can't tell too much from a scrimmage, as I feel like the players are not going out of their way to separate man from puck. That, and the officiating was awful. At least 2 missed offsides in a 4 minute span and Vrbata started to actually skate towards the penalty box after he took some when down on the sidewall and seemed genuinely shocked there was no call.

We do look like we are moving our feet better on offense and get in proper position, but again, that may also be reflective of defense that is not at the same level as us to opposing teams, or the opposition to us.

Addition of Lombardi makes this a very interesting group. Liked how some of the line combos flowed when the team went to 4 v 4 at start of 3rd period. Makes for some interesting things since I am pretty certain the Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata line is likely the one that is just about set in stone for the opener. Still don't know if we wind up slotting Lombardi at #3 with Korpi, or if we give him another shot with Doan. May happen later in the season.

That's about the best synopsis of scrimmage I could get out there. D is still awesome. Smith needs to eye the puck better on dump-ins, but he's so positionally sound. If I had to describe the team in one word, I'd say: effective

BUX7PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:04 PM
  #33
Vip
Das it mane
 
Vip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Mexico
Posts: 13,756
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Things looked well and good.

Sullivan is a little different than Whitney. But I think he will work well with the Czechs as he figures out where to be defensively. Moss plays big and appears to be better in the corners than Pyatt. I tried to follow all of the additional players. For some reason, Conner's hustle stood out, but I don't remember huge plays from him. Bissonnette got to experience offense a little more than he would expect, and did not look wildly out of place. He did have a pass or two that could have been better. Both Shinnimin and Klinkhammer also had some hustle to their games. Miele is just good at moving his feet - thought he had drawn an interference call in the late 2nd along the boards, but bad refs - still not sure if either Shinnimin or Miele can squeeze themselves in and out of the bigger bodies, but it is entertaining to see them play.

I always feel like you can't tell too much from a scrimmage, as I feel like the players are not going out of their way to separate man from puck. That, and the officiating was awful. At least 2 missed offsides in a 4 minute span and Vrbata started to actually skate towards the penalty box after he took some when down on the sidewall and seemed genuinely shocked there was no call.

We do look like we are moving our feet better on offense and get in proper position, but again, that may also be reflective of defense that is not at the same level as us to opposing teams, or the opposition to us.

Addition of Lombardi makes this a very interesting group. Liked how some of the line combos flowed when the team went to 4 v 4 at start of 3rd period. Makes for some interesting things since I am pretty certain the Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata line is likely the one that is just about set in stone for the opener. Still don't know if we wind up slotting Lombardi at #3 with Korpi, or if we give him another shot with Doan. May happen later in the season.

That's about the best synopsis of scrimmage I could get out there. D is still awesome. Smith needs to eye the puck better on dump-ins, but he's so positionally sound. If I had to describe the team in one word, I'd say: effective
Thanks for the insight.

Vip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 PM
  #34
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Kinda pissed. Tippett's presser shows they had a full camera crew tonight. Would it have killed them to stream the damn game?

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
  #35
SniperHF
Global Moderator
Ryantology
 
SniperHF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Phoenix, Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 14,525
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
Would it have killed them to stream the damn game?
THE COYOTES, HAVING FAN FRIENDLY COVERAGE!@?!


Yes, it would have killed them.

SniperHF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:37 PM
  #36
Naurutger
#FreeMax
 
Naurutger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Maricopa County
Country: United States
Posts: 5,087
vCash: 1329
It was annoying to not have something.

Naurutger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:55 PM
  #37
Redcoyote
Hungry
 
Redcoyote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 1,206
vCash: 500
Have Rundblad and Gormley closed the distance between themselves and Schlemko, Stone and Summers?

I think they have benefited the most from getting time in the AHL to develop.

Did Klinkhammer look better than Johnson and Biz?

Redcoyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:46 AM
  #38
RafaNadal
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Country: Sweden
Posts: 293
vCash: 500
Any standouts in the scrimmage tonight? How did the young players look?

RafaNadal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
  #39
XX
... Waiting
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: 48th State
Country: United States
Posts: 27,189
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheTrollhunter View Post
Any standouts in the scrimmage tonight? How did the young players look?
Maloney mentioned Rundblad by name in his presser.

XX is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
  #40
Naych_PHX
Are you, kidding me?
 
Naych_PHX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: phoenix
Posts: 5,663
vCash: 500
I got there with like 6 mins left in the 3rd. Torres stood out to me immediately. Could tell he is ready. Brown looked solid on his skates. The whole Sullivan experiment seemed off in the beginning, like as if him and Vrby kept getting on there offwing and being confused. Great to see a Hanzal faceoff win right to Vrby who just snuck it past Smith. Shinnimin intrigues me, he earned this call up and you can see why. He got a goal and just looked involved. Thought I would see more from Szwarz, Klink and Miele. Klink can throw his size around, but idk about much else. Johnson was very vanilla I guess. Took a couple weak shots. Was funny seeing Biss get a couple odd man breaks.

Stone looks good, not worried about him. Rundblad made a couple of those patented turnovers but still tee'd it up a couple times past the goalies head. Didn't notice Gormley that much, except for the fact he wore #33 and I was like "what the f is Aucoin doing", but that's not so bad. He seems to be going with the flow right now and I don't blame him, he has time. Loved seeing Z back out there. A lot of other things to mention but hey, the season will be here before you know it and this will be worthless.

And finally, Labarbera wins a shootout. Somehow he stopped OEL, Boeds and Korpi plus a couple others.


Last edited by Naych_PHX: 01-17-2013 at 12:55 AM.
Naych_PHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:05 AM
  #41
Kaibur
Registered User
 
Kaibur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,378
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUX7PHX View Post
Things looked well and good.

Sullivan is a little different than Whitney. But I think he will work well with the Czechs as he figures out where to be defensively. Moss plays big and appears to be better in the corners than Pyatt. I tried to follow all of the additional players. For some reason, Conner's hustle stood out, but I don't remember huge plays from him. Bissonnette got to experience offense a little more than he would expect, and did not look wildly out of place. He did have a pass or two that could have been better. Both Shinnimin and Klinkhammer also had some hustle to their games. Miele is just good at moving his feet - thought he had drawn an interference call in the late 2nd along the boards, but bad refs - still not sure if either Shinnimin or Miele can squeeze themselves in and out of the bigger bodies, but it is entertaining to see them play.

I always feel like you can't tell too much from a scrimmage, as I feel like the players are not going out of their way to separate man from puck. That, and the officiating was awful. At least 2 missed offsides in a 4 minute span and Vrbata started to actually skate towards the penalty box after he took some when down on the sidewall and seemed genuinely shocked there was no call.

We do look like we are moving our feet better on offense and get in proper position, but again, that may also be reflective of defense that is not at the same level as us to opposing teams, or the opposition to us.

Addition of Lombardi makes this a very interesting group. Liked how some of the line combos flowed when the team went to 4 v 4 at start of 3rd period. Makes for some interesting things since I am pretty certain the Sullivan-Hanzal-Vrbata line is likely the one that is just about set in stone for the opener. Still don't know if we wind up slotting Lombardi at #3 with Korpi, or if we give him another shot with Doan. May happen later in the season.

That's about the best synopsis of scrimmage I could get out there. D is still awesome. Smith needs to eye the puck better on dump-ins, but he's so positionally sound. If I had to describe the team in one word, I'd say: effective
You know it's finally hockey season, when the fans are *****ing about bad officiating during a scrimmage!

Kaibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:52 AM
  #42
pacerhimself
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 1,243
vCash: 500
This sounds like it would've been a good time. I contemplated going, but I'm going to be making enough trips to the Jobing already this season.

pacerhimself is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.