HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zack Bogosian to Detroit

Old
01-16-2013, 10:41 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Zack Bogosian to Detroit

One of the Wings more plugged in media guys Art Regner posted a video blog on Fox Sports Detroit that hints the Wings are zeroing in on a long-time target.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/01/1...07&feedID=3701

Ken Holland and Wings brass has never hid their desires for him, what is surprising to me at least is the package he believes will accomplish this.

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

As much as Wings fans like Nyquist I would think they would have to do this. Of course it would make sense since they have seven d-man and would waive one assuming Bogosian is good to go with his wrist to send one back the other way, but we will see.

Would rather offer a package of Tatar, one of Kindl/White/Quincey and Pulkkinen/Andersson but just have a feeling Regner is off on the package just as I might be. Regner even hints they are trying for the real unlikely homerun on somehow trying to get Kane as well. Was surprised to hear it and expect Jets fans not to like it, but Regner is pretty well connected with Detroit brass and there is quite a history of chasing Bogosian in the rumor mills around Detroit. Nyquist would offer a dynamic forward to Winnipeg who is ready for a top 6 NHL role with them in my opinion.

Thoughts? What would the Jets really want from the Wings to make this trade?

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:42 PM
stakesishigh
how swede it is

vCash: 500
Not enough going the Jets way.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:45 PM
Ziggy Stardust
Master Debater

The Jets won't be giving up Bogosian that easily.

Ziggy Stardust is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
capitalsrock

Awful return for Bogosian. Wings add a lot more.

capitalsrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:47 PM
jiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
One of the Wings more plugged in media guys Art Regner posted a video blog on Fox Sports Detroit that hints the Wings are zeroing in on a long-time target.

Ken Holland and Wings brass has never hid their desires for him, what is surprising to me at least is the package he believes will accomplish this.

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

As much as Wings fans like Nyquist I would think they would have to do this. Of course it would make sense since they have seven d-man and would waive one assuming Bogosian is good to go with his wrist to send one back the other way, but we will see.

Would rather offer a package of Tatar, one of Kindl/White/Quincey and Pulkkinen/Andersson but just have a feeling Regner is off on the package just as I might be. Regner even hints they are trying for the real unlikely homerun on somehow trying to get Kane as well. Was surprised to hear it and expect Jets fans not to like it, but Regner is pretty well connected with Detroit brass and there is quite a history of chasing Bogosian in the rumor mills around Detroit. Nyquist would offer a dynamic forward to Winnipeg who is ready for a top 6 NHL role with them in my opinion.

LOL..The Jets will NEVER make that trade for Bogosian. The organization/fans love him and feel he will be an elite #1 D-man in the future. I highly doubt they could package anything to get him.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
iPunch
Leafs Fan

vCash: 133
Jets get hosed if that's the whole deal.

iPunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:48 PM
Sterling31
Takin' Over

Tatar + Kindl
for
Bogosian

Sterling31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
jgoud

Quote:

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

WPG will likely not trade either Bogo or Kane let alone both of them, those are the young guys that they'll be building around in the future. Nyquist will be good, be he alone is not enough to bring in Bogosian (at least right now he's not). You would probably have to add a 2nd rounder or a defensemen like Kindl

jgoud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:50 PM
Jack de la Hoya

Good value in NHL 13.

Nyquist is a very good starting point, but I'd think that the Jets would need a healthy plus.

Nyquist + Brendan Smith would be a better starting point, I'd think.

Jack de la Hoya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:52 PM
p.l.f.
mvp

nyquist LOL

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Brokencow

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

Brutal trade. Red wings need to add.

Brokencow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
JetsWillFly4Ever

Not happening. Bogo isn't going to move, and the value is terrible for us.

JetsWillFly4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:54 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Good value in NHL 13.

Nyquist is a very good starting point, but I'd think that the Jets would need a healthy plus.

Nyquist + Brendan Smith?
The idea is to put Smith and Bogosian together, I have feeling they have to throw in Kindl but Smith is unlikely.

Like I said originally I don't myself believe it is enough but maybe the Jets are sky high on Nyquist. Regner is generally pretty good about putting out realistic deals and things he is actually hearing from Wings insiders, so while I think there is an add and I understand the Jets wanting more than just Nyquist, but I don't think it is going to be the killing I thought Winnipeg might get. They must be insisting on Nyquist but that does change what else is available.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:55 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack de la Hoya View Post
Good value in NHL 13.

Nyquist + Brendan Smith?
That would negate the whole point of trading for a young defenseman, to get rid of another.

Nyquist is probably a starting point though if Wings want to make a splash, because Smith is staying and Tatar doesn't hold the same value. But Nyquist would hardly be the only player if they want to trade for Bogo.

joe89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Winnipeg Jets
Lucky #7

vCash: 1580
Not gonna happen.

Winnipeg Jets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:56 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
The idea is to put Smith and Bogosian together, I have feeling they have to throw in Kindl but Smith is unlikely.

Like I said originally I don't myself believe it is enough but maybe the Jets are sky high on Nyquist. Regner is generally pretty good about putting out realistic deals, so while I think there is an add and I understand the Jets wanting more than just Nyquist, but I don't think it is going to be the killing I thought Winnipeg might get. They must be insisting on Nyquist but that does change what else is available.
Smith and Bogosian both play the same way.

It's probably Smith + Nyqvist + 1st, makes no sense for Winnipeg to ask for anything less unless I'm missing something that happened with him.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:57 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
I'll just say this:

No one is ever untouchable if the price is right...
but to most Jets' fans Bogosian is as close as it gets

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:58 PM
jetkarma

Bogo is still out for 4 to 6 more weeks , so this isn't happening , and never for that initial offer.

jetkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:59 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
HAHAHA I WISH.

More like Quincey + Nyquist + Jurco + 2nd (probably more, as this example is quantity and not quality)

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:59 PM
topcat986*

Nothing to see here really. Hockey has rumor and this one has no validity quite frankly.

topcat986* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:03 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Smith and Bogosian both play the same way.

It's probably Smith + Nyqvist + 1st, makes no sense for Winnipeg to ask for anything less unless I'm missing something that happened with him.
Like I said this isn't my proposal this is a well connected member of the Detroit media, I think he might be off.

But basically your counter in terms of your system is someone asking for Mark Scheifele, Jacob Trouba and a 1st. Those are Detroit's top two guys and both are NHL ready. They weren't top 10 picks but most of their status is actually earned in pro hockey. I cannot imagine the package they are available for, they weren't put in together for Rick Nash.

I understand wanting that package it is just one that is highly unlikely to be trotted out by Detroit. I can see Nyquist and Kindl, I do think they need to add to Nyquist but how much is the real question.

I like Bogosian and he is young but two top 30 NHL ready prospects and a first is more than I think the Jets are getting in all honesty.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:05 PM
HooliganX2

vCash: 772
Nyquist is being highly overrated by wings fans here.

HooliganX2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:06 PM
HavlatMach9

Summary of video (the writer doesn't seem plugged in at all) :

Bogosian is being shopped around by Winnipeg.
He's been a disappointment.
Huge trade centered around Kane/Bogosian.
Buying out Bouwmeester
Bogosian maybe in a bad situation with Atlanta/Winnipeg

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:11 PM
Phion Keneuf
Top Dawg Ent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Summary of video (the writer doesn't seem plugged in at all) :

Bogosian is being shopped around by Winnipeg.
He's been a disappointment.
Huge trade centered around Kane/Bogosian.
Buying out Bouwmeester
Bogosian maybe in a bad situation with Atlanta/Winnipeg
What?

Phion Keneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
nzoilerfan

Detroit has to add a lot to Nyquist. Think Kindl + Jurco. WPG will not budge a lot on Bogo. And dreaming if DET think they can get Kane.

nzoilerfan is offline   Reply With Quote