HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zack Bogosian to Detroit

Old
01-16-2013, 11:13 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

vCash: 500
LOL red wings prospects are so severely overrated I cant believe it.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Bogosian is being shopped around by Winnipeg.
He's been a disappointment.
Huge trade centered around Kane/Bogosian.
Buying out Bouwmeester
Bogosian maybe in a bad situation with Atlanta/Winnipeg
Buying out JayBo was an interesting point huh? If you're going to trade for him might as well ride out the year and a half. But Regner rarely has information from the Wings that isn't good as far as who they are talking about. I expect it to be more but I could see the JEts shopping Bogosian especially after the WJC Trouba put in. Realistically shortly Big Buff and Trouba are in both RD top 4 positions. As untouchable as Bogo might be to Jets fans this might be the time to get a legitimate scoring option to go along with Kane and Scheifele. Could see a d-man going back the other way (hopefully Quincey) and maybe one of Jurco/Pulkkinen/Frk. That is a pretty big package if that is where they upgrade this to. Nyquist alone is an understandable no, but it could point to just how high Detroit feels the Jets are on Nyquist in the early discussions.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

vCash: 50
While Bogosian was almost considered a complete mess and hopeless a year ago, he's completely turned himself around...

Looking at guys who have more d-zone starts than o-zone starts and faced decent matchups (>0 RelQoC for stat heads) Bogosian had 4th highest scoring rate per minute for even strength.
Higher than Carle, Seabrook, OEL, Weber, Carlson, Suban, Suter, whatever...
Now don't take me for a fool... I'm not saying Bogo is currently even close to better than some of those names. What I am saying is in just one year of improvement he's in the mix with those guys, which speaks that he could pass a lot of those guys given that his chronic injury problem had been his wrist which should have 100% full recovery.

garret9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jiho

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
Summary of video (the writer doesn't seem plugged in at all) :

Bogosian is being shopped around by Winnipeg.
He's been a disappointment.
Huge trade centered around Kane/Bogosian.
Buying out Bouwmeester
Bogosian maybe in a bad situation with Atlanta/Winnipeg
This sounds like something Esa Tikannen would mumble.

jiho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
Vankiller Whale
Maybe HE can score

vCash: 5555
I don't see it happening. Nyquist+ I guess makes sense, but I have to believe that other teams would offer a better piece for him.

I doubt Winnipeg moves him anyways.

Vankiller Whale is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 PM
sjshark91

vCash: 2810
Why would Winnipeg do this? Makes no sense.

sjshark91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:22 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
LOL red wings prospects are so severely overrated I cant believe it.
A guy that has been at a point per game for four years running with an elite offensive skill set isn't one of them. Nyquist consistently rates in the top 30 on almost every talent evaluation site. You can question some of the other guys, but he is not overrated and as a starting point is an attractive piece to 29 other gms, it is the adds that will be important.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
They have two future top 4 RD guys, one is in place in Big Buff, the other is near ready (really is ready but cannot turn pro until after his freshman season) in Trouba.

They are looking for dynamic offensive players, Nyquist fits the bill as an important starting piece in negotiations.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:24 PM
P U L L H A R D

vCash: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjshark91 View Post
Great point. Why would WPG trade away a great Dman today and a future rock solid first pairing anchor for pieces that may be helpful, but may not pan out to be as effective as Bogo.

As a Wings fan, I realize its nice that we have some good pieces, but our prospects are never sexy to other clubs. Lets just cultivate Nyquist into a Z/D hybrid and take over the world! But seriously, we're going to get laughed out of this thread. Lets go back to our board and let Bob tell us what to think and feel.

P U L L H A R D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:25 PM
HavlatMach9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
Nyquist consistently rates in the top 30 on almost every talent evaluation site.
Doubt Jets would trade for some if any prospects in the top 5.

HavlatMach9 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:25 PM
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist

Detroit is lacking the RH d-man department so it makes sense for them to want Bogosian. Unless Winnipeg thinks Olli Jokinen is going to solve their need for a no. 1 center, I wouldn't be surprised to see Filppula being a part of this deal.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:26 PM
scelaton

Quote:
Like I said this isn't my proposal this is a well connected member of the Detroit media, I think he might be off.

But basically your counter in terms of your system is someone asking for Mark Scheifele, Jacob Trouba and a 1st. Those are Detroit's top two guys and both are NHL ready. They weren't top 10 picks but most of their status is actually earned in pro hockey. I cannot imagine the package they are available for, they weren't put in together for Rick Nash.

I understand wanting that package it is just one that is highly unlikely to be trotted out by Detroit. I can see Nyquist and Kindl, I do think they need to add to Nyquist but how much is the real question.

I like Bogosian and he is young but two top 30 NHL ready prospects and a first is more than I think the Jets are getting in all honesty.
RedWings 19405, listen to this:
I hear the Jets are really interested in Pavel Datsyuk and that the Red Wings are shopping him around because they want to get younger.
The Jets are offering Alexandre Bermistrov, another very talented Russian centre, not quite as accomplished, but with youth and potential. They may have to add something, but...

Now, I'm not comparing Bogosian and Datsyuk in terms of raw talent, but Bogo is just as important to the Jets' future as Datsyuk is to Detroit's present. That media rumour is nothing short of preposterous.

BTW-if Detroit is looking for a good defensive defence man, who is smart, has leadership qualities and could mentor their youth, the Jets might offer up Hainsey, once Bogo is back from injury.That's the best you get. And the price might be Ouellett--current value for future potential.

scelaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:27 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

So would Quincey, Nyquist and Jurco not get it done?

I expected it not to get great reviews but surprised Nyquist is dismissed this quickly as a building block towards a trade.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Detroit is lacking the RH d-man department so it makes sense for them to want Bogosian. Unless Winnipeg thinks Olli Jokinen is going to solve their need for a no. 1 center, I wouldn't be surprised to see Filppula being a part of this deal.
They would need Filppula to agree to an extension before that in my opinion, the add after that probably would not be Nyquist at that point although maybe Tatar would still be in play.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:30 PM
danishh
Dat Stache

bogo being shopped: plausible
wings being interested: probable
for just nyqvist? Impossible.

01-16-2013, 11:31 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Like I said this isn't my proposal this is a well connected member of the Detroit media, I think he might be off.

But basically your counter in terms of your system is someone asking for Mark Scheifele, Jacob Trouba and a 1st. Those are Detroit's top two guys and both are NHL ready. They weren't top 10 picks but most of their status is actually earned in pro hockey. I cannot imagine the package they are available for, they weren't put in together for Rick Nash.

I understand wanting that package it is just one that is highly unlikely to be trotted out by Detroit. I can see Nyquist and Kindl, I do think they need to add to Nyquist but how much is the real question.

I like Bogosian and he is young but two top 30 NHL ready prospects and a first is more than I think the Jets are getting in all honesty.
Except they're not as highly regarded as Schiefele and Trouba. Best prospect = best prospect is a fallacy. Otherwise Yakupov for Toffoli would be a conversation.

Why the hell would Winnipeg want Nyquist and Kindl? Do you see Detroit making that trade if the tables were turned? Not in a million years. Would you trade Smith for Klingberg and Postma if Smith broke out better than in your wildest dreams? I'm gonna go on a limb and say no.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Romang67
BitterSwede

vCash: 545
So, it appears that the Jets are shopping Bogosian... Any signs that makes him think so, or did he just miss the last season?

Romang67 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:32 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
Yeah, if there's anyone gonna be going around solving people's needs at 1C it's Valteri Filpulla.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
One of the Wings more plugged in media guys Art Regner posted a video blog on Fox Sports Detroit that hints the Wings are zeroing in on a long-time target.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/01/1...07&feedID=3701

Ken Holland and Wings brass has never hid their desires for him, what is surprising to me at least is the package he believes will accomplish this.

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

As much as Wings fans like Nyquist I would think they would have to do this. Of course it would make sense since they have seven d-man and would waive one assuming Bogosian is good to go with his wrist to send one back the other way, but we will see.

Would rather offer a package of Tatar, one of Kindl/White/Quincey and Pulkkinen/Andersson but just have a feeling Regner is off on the package just as I might be. Regner even hints they are trying for the real unlikely homerun on somehow trying to get Kane as well. Was surprised to hear it and expect Jets fans not to like it, but Regner is pretty well connected with Detroit brass and there is quite a history of chasing Bogosian in the rumor mills around Detroit. Nyquist would offer a dynamic forward to Winnipeg who is ready for a top 6 NHL role with them in my opinion.

Thoughts? What would the Jets really want from the Wings to make this trade?
Listened to the video, is this guy for real? Does he know that he is talking about hockey? Between all his "I believe the guy is 23", and "I believe he makes $6 point something"...not sounding very credible at all.

Not saying any player is untouchable, but the Jets are thrilled with Bogosian (as is the fanbase). This guy seems to think he knows there is a problem...us in Winnipeg know the exact opposite.

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:41 PM
Chacal667

I think with a guy like Trouba in their prospect pool, the jets have the luxury to trade bogosian, but maybe not for nyquist

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:42 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Except they're not as highly regarded as Schiefele and Trouba.
Not that I agree with everything they say but on hockeysfuture which is connected to this.

14.) Smith
32.) Schiefele
38.) Nyquist
49.) Trouba

I have always been high on Trouba and find that way too low. In fact that is low as I have seen the last three listed. But they are not as far apart in the hockey world as you're stating even though the Jets guys are much younger. You're evaluating Wings prospects on actual pro accomplishmetns though on the flip side.

I have a hard time making the leap from them to Yakupov vs.Toffoli at any rate even if you demand the Jets prospects are better which I might grant. Smith and Nyquist are pretty decorated guys with wattage to their names also.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:43 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chacal667 View Post
I think with a guy like Trouba in their prospect pool, the jets have the luxury to trade bogosian, but maybe not for nyquist
That isn't a luxury that they have, yet.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:45 PM
TCsmyth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romang67 View Post
So, it appears that the Jets are shopping Bogosian... Any signs that makes him think so, or did he just miss the last season?
This is exactly what I was thinking...does the guy know there was hockey last year, and that Bogosian played like a stud?

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:47 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
Except they're not as highly regarded as Schiefele and Trouba. Best prospect = best prospect is a fallacy. Otherwise Yakupov for Toffoli would be a conversation.

Why the hell would Winnipeg want Nyquist and Kindl? Do you see Detroit making that trade if the tables were turned? Not in a million years. Would you trade Smith for Klingberg and Postma if Smith broke out better than in your wildest dreams? I'm gonna go on a limb and say no.
You mean if we desperately needed a top six scorer and had two guys penciled in to our top 4 as RD next year. Plus they throw in a former first round pick that plays the left side. I would absolutely consider that deal and I am not kidding or just taking the homer approach. I don't like the idea of moving Nyquist, however I certainly would as part of a package for Bogosian though. Just like if my team needs were top 6 forwards I would be interested in how we get those.

Old
01-16-2013, 11:48 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

Quote:
A guy that has been at a point per game for four years running with an elite offensive skill set isn't one of them. Nyquist consistently rates in the top 30 on almost every talent evaluation site. You can question some of the other guys, but he is not overrated and as a starting point is an attractive piece to 29 other gms, it is the adds that will be important.
Sorry but year after year I hear and see their names high in the prospect ranks, but have yet to see what they can do in the NHL. Is that brendan Smith dude ever gonna make it?

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote