HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The New OT Thread: Spring Training is Here!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 12:59 PM
  #376
joestevens29
Registered User
 
joestevens29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 25,232
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
You bet if I'm having a few pops I might as well do it at a place that show's hockey.
You watch Californication?

joestevens29 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:15 PM
  #377
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,946
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Anyone catch Shaye Ganam snap at Mike Soble on the Morning News over Minor Hockey Week?

__________________
The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:25 PM
  #378
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
You watch Californication?
Not yet downloaded it last night but didn't get a chance to watch it.

I haven't watched many TV shows yet this year but in December I did well as I finished up Breaking Bad and was able to get in season 8 of It's Always Sunny and Season 4 of the League.

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:26 PM
  #379
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
Anyone catch Shaye Ganam snap at Mike Soble on the Morning News over Minor Hockey Week?
No but please elaborate.

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:40 PM
  #380
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,946
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
No but please elaborate.
It was around 7:30, they just did a story on Minor Hockey Week in which they recapped a game then went over to Sobel for the weather. Sobel asked how Ganam's son's team did in the tournament as they were panning over and he became extremely agitated. Apparently Mike asked the question a couple times before and my guess is that Ganam thought Sobel was trying to rub it in on the air.

The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:46 PM
  #381
Jepprey
Creeper
 
Jepprey's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 3,657
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
I'm going to Vegas over Super Bowl long weekend and now with hockey back on does anyone who's been to Vegas before know any places that show NHL games or Oiler games that are on or near the strip?
I'll be going down as well!

What my buddies and I so is put some money on the game and ask the sportsbook to put one of their tv's on the hockey game. Works every time we are down there. Especially if its only basketball and hockey on in te evening. They'll sacrifice one of their tv's for your pleasure lol.

Jepprey is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:48 PM
  #382
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
It was around 7:30, they just did a story on Minor Hockey Week in which they recapped a game then went over to Sobel for the weather. Sobel asked how Ganam's son's team did in the tournament as they were panning over and he became extremely agitated. Apparently Mike asked the question a couple times before and my guess is that Ganam thought Sobel was trying to rub it in on the air.
So did Shaye actually say something or just looked pissed?

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:19 PM
  #383
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Just saw a picture on Twitter that the Idle No More crowd did follow through with their protest today and have all 4 lanes of QE2 northboud blocked. Also heard the the EPS are assisting with this illegal protest.

I generally don't rag on the police but that is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard.

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:32 PM
  #384
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,946
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
So did Shaye actually say something or just looked pissed?
You couldn't see him as the camera was focused on Mike. I can't remember the exact words he used "Your freaking kidding me. You have asked that several times already. You keep bringing it up."

The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:36 PM
  #385
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
You couldn't see him as the camera was focused on Mike. I can't remember the exact words he used "Your freaking kidding me. You have asked that several times already. You keep bringing it up."
Sobel's kids team probably beat his kids team and he is pissed lol. That's my assumption.

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:52 PM
  #386
The Head Crusher
Moderator
 
The Head Crusher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,946
vCash: 18821
Send a message via MSN to The Head Crusher
Or Sobel's kids made it farther cause Gannam's kid lost the first two game an were out of the tourney.

The Head Crusher is online now  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:14 PM
  #387
SerbianEagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Edmonton
Country: Serbia
Posts: 3,540
vCash: 500
I listed my car for sale, and I keep getting emailed/called by these scam artists that want $500 and they guarantee the sale...

Getting annoyed at having to constantly say ******* O**...

SerbianEagle is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:16 PM
  #388
Oilbleeder
Moderator
Lead us to glory.
 
Oilbleeder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 22,819
vCash: 81
Anyone else hearing this Manti Te'o thing and shaking their head?

__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v200/nemesis15/QuadSig-OB.gif <-- Credit goes to The Nemesis.
Oilbleeder is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:32 PM
  #389
Eytinge
Registered User
 
Eytinge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 10,780
vCash: 500
This Manti t'eo story is messed up.

Eytinge is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:11 PM
  #390
Doc Scurlock
Registered User
 
Doc Scurlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Just saw a picture on Twitter that the Idle No More crowd did follow through with their protest today and have all 4 lanes of QE2 northboud blocked. Also heard the the EPS are assisting with this illegal protest.

I generally don't rag on the police but that is just the stupidest thing I've ever heard.
No kidding. If it were those guys who protest for the legalization of weed or some other group I guarantee you that the cops would have actually done something about it. Blocking traffic. Smart and totally safe. I'm sure pissing regular people off will make them sympathetic to the cause.

Doc Scurlock is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:47 PM
  #391
Moonlapse Vertigo
Katz n' MacT BFFs
 
Moonlapse Vertigo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 17,070
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Head Crusher View Post
You couldn't see him as the camera was focused on Mike. I can't remember the exact words he used "Your freaking kidding me. You have asked that several times already. You keep bringing it up."
Eh, it's probably nothing. Ganam always looks and sounds like he has a stick up his arse.

Moonlapse Vertigo is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:28 PM
  #392
dustrock
Too Legit To Quit
 
dustrock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,873
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Anyone else hearing this Manti Te'o thing and shaking their head?
Great work by the crew at Deadspin.

Hard to believe someone would completely fake a sick then dead girlfriend to boost one's legacy.

dustrock is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:29 PM
  #393
Doc Scurlock
Registered User
 
Doc Scurlock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 976
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlapse Vertigo View Post
Eh, it's probably nothing. Ganam always looks and sounds like he has a stick up his arse.
Which is good for the weekday morning news. I hate overly cheery people, which is why I don't care much for Jennifer Crosby.

Doc Scurlock is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
  #394
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilbleeder View Post
Anyone else hearing this Manti Te'o thing and shaking their head?
Very messed up story at this point....seems like either 1 of 2 things happened. He believed he had a full relationship with someone he had never met. Which is completely messed up on its own considering the guy is one of the biggest stars in college football. Or he completely made up a fake girlfriend.

And now it also becomes the question of how long was this covered up for? It sounds like it was for some time so it wouldn't hurt his Heisman voting.

jsho is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:12 PM
  #395
superskid
Registered User
 
superskid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 114
vCash: 500
I wasn't sure where to put this request, but I am doing my draft tonight and I was wondering if anyone had a list done in excel already of players and maybe the last 2 years stats on separate tabs. I like to use formulas to use some of my own calculations for drafting purposes.

If not I can build it by cut and pasting off yahoo etc.. it just doesn't paste into excel nicely, usually have to go to a text file and import. If someone has it please PM me, if you live in the city I'm sure I can arrange a 6-pack for you.

superskid is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:31 PM
  #396
Reimer
Tambo Troll Face
 
Reimer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,322
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsho View Post
Very messed up story at this point....seems like either 1 of 2 things happened. He believed he had a full relationship with someone he had never met. Which is completely messed up on its own considering the guy is one of the biggest stars in college football. Or he completely made up a fake girlfriend.

And now it also becomes the question of how long was this covered up for? It sounds like it was for some time so it wouldn't hurt his Heisman voting.
Haha I was just gonna say I don't know who this is but I assume it's a football player.

Reimer is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:15 PM
  #397
jsho
Registered User
 
jsho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Oil Country
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,250
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reimer View Post
Haha I was just gonna say I don't know who this is but I assume it's a football player.
Yeah he was a Linebacker for Notre Dame. Likely a first round draft pick for the upcoming NFL draft and was the runner up for the Heisman this season.

jsho is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 04:34 AM
  #398
Gretzky90
Rookie User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Country: Germany
Posts: 8
vCash: 500
Hi folks! Just wanna say hello. I'm from germany and fired up for the season.


Last edited by Gretzky90: 01-19-2013 at 04:41 AM.
Gretzky90 is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 07:51 AM
  #399
Fourier
Registered User
 
Fourier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Waterloo Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,711
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gretzky90 View Post
Hi folks! Just wanna say hello. I'm from germany and fired up for the season.
Welcome to the Board!

Fourier is online now  
Old
01-19-2013, 10:29 AM
  #400
Philly85
Moody'
 
Philly85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 12,131
vCash: 500
That Manti Te'o story is unbelievably stupid, no matter how you slice it.

Philly85 is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.