HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Ben Lovejoy to Minnesota

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 10:26 PM
  #1
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions
 
Dragon Priest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metalheaven
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Ben Lovejoy to Minnesota

The Penguins have a deep pool of defensive depth and are going to either have to waive one or move one via trade within the next day or so. The Wild seem like they could use another depth defensemen as a 5th/6th/7th guy. Lovejoy was on the Penguins roster when Mike Yeo was an assistant coach with the Penguins a few years back so there is a familiarity there. What would the Penguins receive in return?

Dragon Priest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:31 PM
  #2
Black Label
Registered User
 
Black Label's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: København
Country: Denmark
Posts: 1,543
vCash: 500
Lovejoy has next to no value. He is a fringe NHLer at best.

Black Label is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:35 PM
  #3
Dr Jan Itor
Registered User
 
Dr Jan Itor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: MinneSNOWta
Posts: 9,943
vCash: 500
We don't really need depth. A top 4 guy would be the target.

Dr Jan Itor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:37 PM
  #4
BonkTastic
"Small Sample Size!"
 
BonkTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Jakarta, IDN
Country: Canada
Posts: 11,952
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Label View Post
Lovejoy has next to no value. He is a fringe NHLer at best.
This right here.

BonkTastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:38 PM
  #5
BigBenSF*
Worst Behavior
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: bay area
Country: United States
Posts: 2,797
vCash: 1441
We'll get a mid-to-late draft pick if we deal him.

BigBenSF* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:43 PM
  #6
Captain Hook
Olli Määttä
 
Captain Hook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Country: United States
Posts: 13,439
vCash: 500
He's a fairly big kid at about 6'2" with good speed. I think someone will take him on the cheap but his value certainly isn't real high.

He may not fit what the Wild need. I don't know. The Wild do have Chuck Fletcher and Mike Yeo who are very familiar with the Pens players/prospects so they may like one of the Pens expendable D. We'll find out soon enough.

Captain Hook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 10:44 PM
  #7
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,284
vCash: 50
Can't be much worst than Prosser.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:35 PM
  #8
Minnesota
Moderator
L'Étoile du Nord
 
Minnesota's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 14,722
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
The Penguins have a deep pool of defensive depth and are going to either have to waive one or move one via trade within the next day or so. The Wild seem like they could use another depth defensemen as a 5th/6th/7th guy. Lovejoy was on the Penguins roster when Mike Yeo was an assistant coach with the Penguins a few years back so there is a familiarity there. What would the Penguins receive in return?
You speculate this guy's about to get waived, then try to trade him?

Also, the Wild don't need depth d-men.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:26 AM
  #9
Dragon Priest
Elvenlegions
 
Dragon Priest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Metalheaven
Country: United States
Posts: 2,179
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minnesota View Post
You speculate this guy's about to get waived, then try to trade him?

Also, the Wild don't need depth d-men.
It might not necessarily be him that is waived. Does he have more value than another guy that might be waived instead? Debatable. I'm not saying the Wild would part with an important piece. Honestly, I'm thinking along the lines of a conditional 5th OR 6th or possibly a 7th round pick. Just trying to gauge his value at this point by using a team that I think he would fit on and could use him.

Dragon Priest is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:39 AM
  #10
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GunsnRosesPenguins91 View Post
It might not necessarily be him that is waived. Does he have more value than another guy that might be waived instead? Debatable. I'm not saying the Wild would part with an important piece. Honestly, I'm thinking along the lines of a conditional 5th OR 6th or possibly a 7th round pick. Just trying to gauge his value at this point by using a team that I think he would fit on and could use him.
We're out of contract slots, would need to move a body.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:56 AM
  #11
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
To MIN: Ben Lovejoy
To PIT: Zach Parise and Ryan Suter signed stick

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:16 AM
  #12
Billy Mays Here
Optimistic Pessimist
 
Billy Mays Here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Minnesota
Country: United States
Posts: 13,284
vCash: 50
One of our many journeymen/project d-men down in Houston for Lovejoy. Cuma, Kampfer, Medvec, Fredheim, Bagnall. Take your pick.

Billy Mays Here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:23 AM
  #13
MonsterSurge
Registered User
 
MonsterSurge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDhockeyfan View Post
One of our many journeymen/project d-men down in Houston for Lovejoy. Cuma, Kampfer, Medvec, Fredheim, Bagnall. Take your pick.
Bagnall and Caron?

MonsterSurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:00 AM
  #14
Sharppi
Nothing to see here
 
Sharppi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Finland
Country: Finland
Posts: 2,671
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Bagnall and Caron?
I am okay with this.

Sharppi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:36 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.