HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

NHL Center Ice Online

Old
01-13-2013, 03:43 PM
luby3131

vCash: 500
NHL Center Ice Online

I have the NHL Center Ice DirecTv package at my house. I go to school out of state and obviously want to watch the Panthers online. Does anyone know if DirecTv allows subscribers to watch NHL Center Ice online, similar to what they do for NFL Sunday Ticket?

luby3131 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 03:58 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

I'm just going off of what I have done for the past 6-7 years with Center ice on regular cable, but I would have to assume that you do NOT get Gamecenter with Center ice on DirecTv, it's a separate fee. To be honest with you, I would get Gamecenter this year, since the Xbox, your Computer, PS3, Tablet, Phone can get gamecenter.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:10 PM
PantherboyHTR
An Old School Cat

Wondering if anyone from Canada has heard what Center Ice will cost for Bell ExpressVu this year?

PantherboyHTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 06:45 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

When did Xbox get Gamecenter?

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:04 PM
Knightmare

Speaking of Gamecenter, can anyone review it for me? I may be moving to Japan in March-April, and really want to watch games, especially come playoff time. Is their package worth it? Or would I be better off trying to find free streams online?

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:23 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightmare View Post
Speaking of Gamecenter, can anyone review it for me? I may be moving to Japan in March-April, and really want to watch games, especially come playoff time. Is their package worth it? Or would I be better off trying to find free streams online?
I use Gamecenter and I think it is worth it. I've been re-watching this past Panthers season on my PS3 all this time (to fill the lockout void). There sometimes is some lag on the PS3 compared to MLB.TV. But watching on the computer works fine and my computer is pretty old with out of date internal capabilities. And as far as playoffs go, they weren't live on Gamecenter and I had to find online streams so there is that.

I'm actually waiting for them to price this season's package so I can order.

-ghoste

Ghoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 08:35 PM
Knightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
I use Gamecenter and I think it is worth it. I've been re-watching this past Panthers season on my PS3 all this time (to fill the lockout void). There sometimes is some lag on the PS3 compared to MLB.TV. But watching on the computer works fine and my computer is pretty old with out of date internal capabilities. And as far as playoffs go, they weren't live on Gamecenter and I had to find online streams so there is that.

-ghoste
Thanks for the input, ghoste.

Knightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 09:13 PM
MillarWithASave
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
e3 2012.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 10:37 PM
LUUUUUIS
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
e3 2012.
Well shoot me down... Just in time for the lockout. I guess there'll be a good option for me if I ever get rid of my DirecTv. Cool.

LUUUUUIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 11:02 PM
zeroG

vCash: 540
Quote:

-ghoste
seconded. left center ice a couple of years ago. 2 HD games per night (usually - 1 early, 1 late) is unacceptable and that's what i was getting in boston. watching their SD was painful. gamecenter doesn't (or didn't - hopefully that begins to change) ) feel like you're watching cable but it's not bad and it is HD(ish). there isn't any stuttering, tho it's not as robust as it should be; sometimes i have to exit from a game and restart the stream. hoping that improves this year. all in all tho, much happier than with CI. you can watch from anywhere - your phone, a random PC, an internet cafe in ____... that's a really nice aspect of the package.

gamecenter does go off the air at the end of the regular season, as the nbc network picked up all of the playoff games. if you have a regular cable package, you should get all the playoff games, as they're on nbc sports network and cnbc (maybe msnbc as well). if not, you'll have to find streams or hit a sports bar.

zeroG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

NHL Gamecenter will be $49.99 for this season.

-ghoste

Old
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
harv3317

playoffs. last year i had a major problem with panther playoff games. see my rant thread about comcast. if the magic were playing on fox the same time the panthers were comcast would air the magic. problem there still was a local feed for fox for the panthers which was not available to me. when i tried nbc i was blacked out since there was a local feed. so if there is a local feed nbc will not air the game in that area! very frustrating!!!! this is true for first round at least.

harv3317 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:09 PM
dbhislife

I also have been looking into this as I moved to DC for graduate school and work (I actually live right across the street from the Caps practice center lol). I have numerous friends in the area who all say Game Center >>>> Center Ice, so I will be investing in it. Once I get it up and running next week, I will happily provide my thoughts on here for anyone. I may just wait a week because I will be out of town this weekend, and center ice is free on preview until the 31st, so I am going to wait until my financial aid drops.

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 05:13 PM
dbhislife

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3317 View Post
playoffs. last year i had a major problem with panther playoff games. see my rant thread about comcast. if the magic were playing on fox the same time the panthers were comcast would air the magic. problem there still was a local feed for fox for the panthers which was not available to me. when i tried nbc i was blacked out since there was a local feed. so if there is a local feed nbc will not air the game in that area! very frustrating!!!! this is true for first round at least.
This is a very common sports problem in areas where your desired team is the 2nd or 3rd team. The national media can't compete (for cable legal reasons) with a local feed, so they get blacked out way in advance, and then if there is a conflict on a station that sports two teams (Magic and Panthers for example), the local network obviously has to pick one, but if NBC showed the Panthers game than it would be competing in areas where the Panthers are broad casted instead of the Magic (like in Sunrise). Its dumb, but its because the national NBC broadcast is standard all over the state, where the local FoxSports can change what it shows from county to county. Its a **** show, but its unavoidable as far as I know....

dbhislife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 07:34 PM
Mogo
#GameOver

vCash: 814
Quote:

-ghoste
Where can I buy it? I can't find any link

Mogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:36 PM
Dr Beinfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis Gudbrunson View Post
Yeah I saw this the other day and I was sooo happy! I don't have to watch Panthers hockey on my laptop anymore! I have a perfectly good 47" LED TV to be put to use

(issue is that my laptop has every last port but an HDMI, so there was always an issue with audio or video going through)

Dr Beinfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:12 PM
k2737

Quote:

-ghoste
I think they auto-renewed my account earlier this year....if they reduced the price they better be crediting me some monies.

Last edited by k2737: 01-14-2013 at 09:24 PM.
k2737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 09:27 PM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mogo View Post
Where can I buy it? I can't find any link
https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/secure/gclsignup

-ghoste

Old
01-16-2013, 08:50 PM
parrosfan16

Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
e3 2012.
Is there an app to download or do you just access it through the internet explorer?

parrosfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:41 AM
floridashawn

Just a heads up for those purchasing GameCenter this year. I bought it yesterday and went to link it up on my Ps3, and the 2012-13 version of the app is not available yet. I called them and they said it will be available Feb 1 at the latest. So until the updated app is ready you will not be able to watch games on your ps3/xbox.

Just my 2c, GameCenter is way more useful than CI. ALL games in HD, both home and away feeds. Games available any time, plus great highlight packages after game ends. I have cable internet through Comcast and the picture is crystal clear 95% of the time.

floridashawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:47 AM
Ghoste
#CatsAreComing

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridashawn View Post
Just a heads up for those purchasing GameCenter this year. I bought it yesterday and went to link it up on my Ps3, and the 2012-13 version of the app is not available yet. I called them and they said it will be available Feb 1 at the latest. So until the updated app is ready you will not be able to watch games on your ps3/xbox.

Just my 2c, GameCenter is way more useful than CI. ALL games in HD, both home and away feeds. Games available any time, plus great highlight packages after game ends. I have cable internet through Comcast and the picture is crystal clear 95% of the time.
Right on, thanks for the heads up. And you are definitely right about the highlights for each game. Every night before bed I'll sit and watch the highlights of every game. Great stuff!

-ghoste