HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zack Bogosian to Detroit

Old
01-16-2013, 11:49 PM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

vCash: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Sorry but year after year I hear and see their names high in the prospect ranks, but have yet to see what they can do in the NHL. Is that brendan Smith dude ever gonna make it?
He is on the second pairing to start this year.

That is how Detroit develops for the last 20 plus years. You can downgrade them for it or listen to guys like Smith and Zetterberg talk about how much that helped them in the long run. I understand thinking they are failing but that isn't the case with most of these guys, it is how Detroit wants to operate.

The Zetterberg Era is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 PM
BigTuna49
RIP KevFist

vCash: 1165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
That isn't a luxury that they have, yet.
Exactly. Don't know why anyone would think otherwise when at worst Bogosian will be a #3 defenseman.

BigTuna49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:58 PM
TheFactor
Johnny Malkin

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
He is on the second pairing to start this year.

That is how Detroit develops for the last 20 plus years. You can downgrade them for it or listen to guys like Smith and Zetterberg talk about how much that helped them in the long run. I understand thinking they are failing but that isn't the case with most of these guys, it is how Detroit wants to operate.
Fair enough. I still think theyre a little overrated because they're detroit prospects but ill give them a couple of years to see how they'll do.

TheFactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
Minnesota
L'étoile du Nord

vCash: 50
Wings would have to add to the Nyqust-explosion.

Minnesota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:05 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFactor View Post
Fair enough. I still think theyre a little overrated because they're detroit prospects but ill give them a couple of years to see how they'll do.
Everyone overrates their prospects. Detroit fans are no different and they do get a certain benefit of the doubt with a lot of the media even though they haven't hit on one in a big way in a little while I understand that. But Jarnkrok, Smith and Nyquist are legit. Arguments about how good Ouellet, Sproul, Sheahan and Mrazek really can be had. But the top three deserve most of the praise they get and are accomplished pro hockey players at this point.

Most feel this is as deep as the Wings prospect pool has been since the late 80's to early 90's. They are an impressive group but time will tell. They have started holding on to more picks during the last CBA. They have a plan and they follow it sometimes very painfully for a lot of Wings fans that think these guys should be up much earlier than when they do actually bring them up.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:06 AM
Dark Knight
#WeTheNorth

Quote:
Originally Posted by stakesishigh View Post
Not enough going the Jets way.
If Gustav Nyquist reaches his potential we're looking at a first liner there.

01-17-2013, 12:07 AM
99 steps
to the top

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiho View Post
LOL..The Jets will NEVER make that trade for Bogosian. The organization/fans love him and feel he will be an elite #1 D-man in the future. I highly doubt they could package anything to get him.
He's still young, but I think you are being optimistic.

99 steps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:14 AM
Aerial

Bogosian isn't going anywhere. Chevy said outright at one point that the Jets will be looking to build their D around him; Coach Noel once said in an interview he thought it was nuts to consider trading a young guy like that (when rumours were that Atlanta was shopping him, before the team was sold). He is awfully happy living in Winnipeg, pretty vocal about digging the team and coaches, and has hinted at wanting to commit long-term, so there's no way he'd be fishing for a trade. He's evolving into a key leader in the room as well, from what we hear.

Additionally, we're still so thin all over that there's no *realistic* trade that will make the Jets better while losing Bogosian; when you add the other things the organization clearly values in him, he ain't getting traded.

Aerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Stormcrow

One of Detroit's top sports radio personalities, Art's passion for athletics has made him connect with the fans in a unique way that can be best described as "hardcore," and he's considered one of Motown's "hockey gurus."

Bahaha this made me lol hard.
hardcore and a hockey guru?
This is wishful thinking by a Red Wing blogger to drum up interest in a team that has lost it's hall of fame Captain.

Stormcrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:29 AM
DespoticNewt

vCash: 234
The Jets really need to build up the prospect pool, and after Bogo, Enstrom, and Buff, are really thin on D. There is absolutely no chance of moving Bogosian right now.

DespoticNewt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:39 AM
Gump Hasek
Spleen Merchant

vCash: 1250
The entire premise behind this report is bizarre.

Bogosian has embraced this market and Jets fans basically love him in return; the GM even said they plan to build the D around him. After the GM said those words Bogosian had a fantastic breakout season. Bogosian had surgery over the summer and is on the shelf over the interim; GMs' as a rule do NOT shop injured players, and to do so would entail selling insanely low. Nothing in this blogger's story makes any sense whatsoever, it is completely divorced from reality - yet that hasn't stopped some Wings fans from apparently believing there to possibly be some truth to the matter. Party on, Garth.

Gump Hasek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:57 AM
Vander Teemuchuk

If this isn't the most ridiculous fantasy I've ever read on HFBoards, I'm not sure what is. There is nothing Detroit could give us that would get Bogo out of Winnipeg. Other than a 25 year old Lidstrom. Then we add 25 year old Dale Hawerchuk to Bogo to close the deal.

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:36 AM
Adirondack Flames

I watched the video and the guy clearly has no idea what he is talking about. He gives new meaning to the term talking out of your ass.

Adirondack Flames is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:42 AM
hockeyisforeveryone

vCash: 420
Just wanted to add something about B Smith and why he cannot be traded in the near future. He's been in the Wings system for going on 7 years. He's been nurtured so carefully and Brendan has shown perfect maturity by being patient and humble to the organization. Smith is expected now to flourish and there is a heavy weight of anticipation/expectation to be something special. He could be Detroit's last prospect D to play in the next few years. No way the Wings can let go of him at this point.

hockeyisforeveryone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:45 AM
I Hate Chris Butler
Backlund Fan Club

Classic HF. A young potential star for a bunch of bits and pieces.

I Hate Chris Butler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:46 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Datsyuk for Bogosian would be fairer than the trade OP posted...

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Sweech
COYS!

Not even close.

I think this guy is running off the old rumour that Bogo was available last year. He even says "he's been sort of a disappointment". Nope. The things he says about Bogosian show he has absolutely no clue. He was arguably the best dman on the entire team last year. Jets fans voted him as MVP last season.

The Jets would not be shopping him. Detroit may have inquired, but Winnipeg would 100% not be shopping him.

He's a perfect organizational fit for the Jets.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
jigglysquishy

vCash: 492
Bogosian is our future franchise d-man. There's really no way he leaves Winnipeg.

jigglysquishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:49 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Hate Jay Feaster View Post
Classic HF. A young potential star for a bunch of bits and pieces.
Because Nyquist isn't a young potential star...

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:50 AM
Concordski
Knockoff Jets FTW

vCash: 663
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Not as good as Bogosian, no. The Wings would have to try much harder than that.

Concordski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Of course he is, but a) Bogosian is muuuuuch more proven and b) Nyquist is older.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:52 AM
Wingsfan2965*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielBryanRoleModel View Post
Not as good as Bogosian, no. The Wings would have to try much harder than that.
Fair enough, but Nyquist has been exceeding expectations for awhile now. To call him "bits and pieces" is total BS.

Wingsfan2965* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:57 AM
The Zetterberg Era
Nyquist Explosion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jigglysquishy View Post
Bogosian is our future franchise d-man. There's really no way he leaves Winnipeg.
So is Big Buff going back to forward? At some point very soon Winnipeg will be forced to make a decision on one of Trouba, Buff and Bogosian. How many pairings in the top 4 can you name with two right handers? Heck in the history of the league how many have their been?

They might not do it now and Regner is probably off in total value I agree with that. But this idea that one of those three right handed d-man isn't going to hit the market at some point soon doesn't really scan with me. One of them can likely be had for the right package.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:59 AM
PAZ

Quote:
Fair enough, but Nyquist has been exceeding expectations for awhile now. To call him "bits and pieces" is total BS.
In comparison to Bogosian, it is.

It's like saying Gormley for Zetterberg. Gormley is an amazing prospect, but i'd consider him 'bits and pieces' in comparison to Zetterberg.

PAZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:01 AM
InjuredChoker

Yeah.. I wish.

I like Nyquist, a lot, but would do this in a second and never look back. The Jets sure as hell wouldn't. there has to be big + there to make this happen. Or +++.

Should have pushed that deal with Atlanta, now it's going to cost more. Or would cost more because I don't see this happening.

InjuredChoker is offline   Reply With Quote