HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Rochester Americans / Minors Thread '12-'13 Ed.

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 07:57 PM
French Connection

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
Bingo without their top 4 scorers and both of their goalies are absolutely shredding the Amerks. Gauthier-Leduc is a -4 and Schiestel is a -3. B-Sens 5-1 after 2.
Let me get this strait, you play a day man who hasn't been on the ice in a month and only played at that position for three games all year with a rookie who isn't ready and we question why this is happening? He is being thrown to the wolves!

I want to see what the organizations reaction is going to be.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:06 PM
ckg927

vCash: 400
Send a message via Yahoo to ckg927
Quote:
Originally Posted by French Connection View Post
Let me get this strait, you play a day man who hasn't been on the ice in a month and only played at that position for three games all year with a rookie who isn't ready and we question why this is happening? He is being thrown to the wolves!

If that were me, I'd be on the phone to EVERY team and reading the waiver wire to see who the Sabres can pick up for Rochester.

Then again, I'm not Darcy Regier, who will likely deal with this the same way he usually does...sitting on his ass and doing NOTHING.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:08 PM
hockeylover1

Yeah the defence make mistakes but they can't be blamed for all the goals. This team as a whole do not play a defensive style game. Many times the d get puck to the winger who can't get it out. Forwards have no for check and can't even hold on to the puck with no pressure. Bingo go untouch through neutral zone. Bingo d have not felt a hit all night. Clearly amerks as a whole play no system.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:52 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:

Development! In Darcy's dream world. Guy told Harrington a week ago that Foligno and Hodgson would be replaced. Hasn't happened. Told Kevin O a couple nights ago that Finley would be replaced. Hasn't happened.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:15 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrefan27 View Post
Development! In Darcy's dream world. Guy told Harrington a week ago that Foligno and Hodgson would be replaced. Hasn't happened. Told Kevin O a couple nights ago that Finley would be replaced. Hasn't happened.
To be fair, I personally didn't expect anything (whatever it may be) to happen until tomorrow when all the players leaguewide need to be sent down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckg927 View Post
If that were me, I'd be on the phone to EVERY team and reading the waiver wire to see who the Sabres can pick up for Rochester.

Then again, I'm not Darcy Regier, who will likely deal with this the same way he usually does...sitting on his ass and doing NOTHING.
What waiver wire? There was one round of waivers and it was extremely underwhelming. Today we'll see the real waivers.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:06 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
To be fair, I personally didn't expect anything (whatever it may be) to happen until tomorrow when all the players leaguewide need to be sent down.

What waiver wire? There was one round of waivers and it was extremely underwhelming. Today we'll see the real waivers.
Spot on.
Wait to see who Sabres put on waivers today.
Pardy?
Ellis or McCormick? (depends if Gerbe and McCormick go on IR)

Wait to see who Isles put on waivers today.
Joe Finley? (may not be in the top 7 D, but may make it as an enforcer)

Old
01-17-2013, 05:11 AM
Jacob582

Quote:
I agree. They threw Schiestel to the wolves- with JGL throwing the puck all over the place.

They should do what they should have done with Brennan 4 years ago - move him to forward.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:14 AM
Jacob582

I watched most of the first 2 periods of last night's game online.
I thought Leggio was pulled and Connor Knapp went in.
No? Looking at the the game summary this morning Leggio stayed in.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:20 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
If Finley gets assigned, Buffalo has the option to reclaim him and put him back in Rochester. With Pardy's contract, I suspect he'll clear waivers if exposed. Too many things have to break in the organizations favor right now...

01-17-2013, 05:27 AM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainshot View Post
If Finley gets assigned, Buffalo has the option to reclaim him and put him back in Rochester. With Pardy's contract, I suspect he'll clear waivers if exposed. Too many things have to break in the organizations favor right now...
At least they'll get to see Armia next year

Hopefully Buffalo can do right by Rochester here, but I suspect another disappointing season when it's all said and done.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:32 AM
Chainshot
Global Moderator
Give 'em Enough Rope

Awards:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
At least they'll get to see Armia next year

Hopefully Buffalo can do right by Rochester here, but I suspect another disappointing season when it's all said and done.
I'm reminded of the old adage: Leopards do not change their spots. This is Regier's MO and has been for 10 years. As an Amerk fan, it's tiresome. And as most know, I'm a proponent of building a winning environment to develop prospects.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:33 AM
LaxSabre

vCash: 213
AMERKS REVISE TELEVISION SCHEDULE, ADD TWO MORE ROAD BROADCASTS -
http://www.amerks.com/newsX.asp?type=News&aID=671

Rochester’s home games on Friday, March 8 versus Abbotsford and Friday, April 12 versus Oklahoma City will now be broadcast on TWCSC (Rochester/Buffalo) in place of the games on Friday, Jan. 25 versus Wilkes-Barre/Scranton and Friday, April 5 versus Lake Erie.

LaxSabre: Not a surprise these two games were removed - don't want to go head to head with the Sabres on MSG those two nights.

In addition, the Amerks road games on Saturday, March 2 at Syracuse and Sunday, March 3 at Lake Erie will be televised in both Rochester/Buffalo on TWCSC. (LaxSabre: The Amerks-Crunch game should also be televised on TWCSC in Syracuse as well.)

LaxSabre: Cool - nice to see an away game from somewhere other than Syracuse and Binghamton. Also we have a Amerks-Sabres double-headers on both days too - March 2 - Sabres vs Devils at 3:00 pm ET and Amerks-Crunch at 7:30 pm ET. March 3 - Amerks-Monsters at 4:00 pm ET and Sabres at Rangers at 7:00 pm ET.

Reminder - Fridays home game vs Syracuse will be televised on the TWCSCs in Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse starting at 7:00 pm ET.

Last edited by LaxSabre: 01-17-2013 at 05:43 AM.
Old
01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by PattyLaLa16 View Post
Bingo without their top 4 scorers and both of their goalies are absolutely shredding the Amerks. Gauthier-Leduc is a -4 and Schiestel is a -3. B-Sens 5-1 after 2.
Gauthier-Leduc has been horrible all year. Why do they have him on the PP with Mancari on the other point??? makes NO sense- your worst defenseman and one of your worst defensive forwards. Can Biega or Pysyk not run a PP, i am sure they have both done so in the past?

I wish they would put Adam and Mancari together, both of them being so slow maybe would work with one another. I can't stand watching either of them loaf around the ice. 2 big bodies who won't play physical, it is amazing. They should take some notes from the kid on how to use a big frame.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
2 Amerks selected to play in the AHL ALL STAR GAME in Providence, RI

Center and Captain Kevin Porter and Defenseman Brayden McNabb

Old
01-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPurp26 View Post
2 Amerks selected to play in the AHL ALL STAR GAME in Providence, RI

Center and Captain Kevin Porter and Defenseman Brayden McNabb
Wait.. how is McNabb an All-Star?

Old
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
sabrefan27

The AHL is a really pathetic league sometimes. McNabb an all star is a joke.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:03 PM
JPurp26

vCash: 300
Quote:
The AHL is a really pathetic league sometimes. McNabb an all star is a joke.
I was going to write something like, "And being rewarded for his great play this season, McNabb makes All-Star game"

Old
01-17-2013, 06:03 PM
ottsabrefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
Gauthier-Leduc has been horrible all year. Why do they have him on the PP with Mancari on the other point??? makes NO sense- your worst defenseman and one of your worst defensive forwards. Can Biega or Pysyk not run a PP, i am sure they have both done so in the past?

I wish they would put Adam and Mancari together, both of them being so slow maybe would work with one another. I can't stand watching either of them loaf around the ice. 2 big bodies who won't play physical, it is amazing. They should take some notes from the kid on how to use a big frame.
Probably because he was lights out in the Q last year offensively and the Sabres are trying to develop him. It's a development league, why not use his best asset.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
Probably because he was lights out in the Q last year offensively and the Sabres are trying to develop him. It's a development league, why not use his best asset.
Because he's terrible and he's not developing anything by playing in a situation he doesn't belong in. He's been getting worse.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:18 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottsabrefan View Post
haha you can't be serious? are you watching these games? His best asset? he is AWFUL on the pp, constantly turning the puck over and missing passes on his tape....him being lights out in the "Q" is not transferring to the "A"...

Old
01-18-2013, 07:35 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmerksPuck View Post
haha you can't be serious? are you watching these games? His best asset? he is AWFUL on the pp, constantly turning the puck over and missing passes on his tape....him being lights out in the "Q" is not transferring to the "A"...
And I hate that attitude. "Well he scored X amount of points in juniors, so he's awesome". The guy wasn't a top 5 pick. Lots of players have lit up the QMJHL and done absolutely nothing in pro hockey. I'm not writing him off by any means, but Gragnani was better offensively and defensively when he first came to Rochester.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:35 AM
French Connection

Quote:
And I hate that attitude. "Well he scored X amount of points in juniors, so he's awesome". The guy wasn't a top 5 pick. Lots of players have lit up the QMJHL and done absolutely nothing in pro hockey. I'm not writing him off by any means, but Gragnani was better offensively and defensively when he first came to Rochester.
Being not ready isn't entirely the players fault. The A, the premier developmental League of the NHL requires teaching and coaching which is in short supply here. JDL is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Having said that we must understand that this league is also to develop coaches, ref's, equipment manager's and even the skate sharpener. If it is to develop your orginizational talent please avoid giving the impression the Amerks is just a dumping ground without lifelines.

There are clear indicators to reasons why teams do not consistanly win, the way a farm system is operated may be one of them.

Last edited by French Connection: 01-18-2013 at 08:40 AM.
Old
01-18-2013, 08:40 AM
sabrefan27

Quote:
Being not ready is not entirely the players fault. The A, the premier developmental League of the NHL requires teaching and coaching which is in short supply here. JDL is stuck between a rock and a hard place. Having said that we must understand that this league is also to develop coaches, ref's, equipment manager's and even the skate sharpener. If it is to develop your orginizational talent please avoid giving the impression the Amerks is just a dumping ground without lifelines.
I totally disagree about coaching. The Sabres should not be hiring a developing coach to develop their prospects. It should be a proven coach who knows what he's doing at the pro level. I think they failed with Rolston.

I think the ECHL would be good for Leduc, though I know many people here think the league is a joke. Maybe 10 years ago. It's much improved.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
AmerksPuck

Quote:
I hear ya and agree on not giving up on him. I just don't think he should be getting PP time, especially when you have a SLOW forward on the other point.

Speaking of the PP, I know they are or were last game # 2 in the league but I don't see the benefit of having Mancari on the point. He obviously has a great shot but he doesn't have a good one timer. I'd put hiom out front or in the middle of the box as he is too much a liability playing D. If he had a one timer like Brennan, that would obviously be a different story. I can't think of one goal he has scored from the point on a PP this year.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:47 AM
joshjull

Who should have been on the point instead of JGL? With Brennan up, who else could have been?

Closed Thread