HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Montreal Canadiens
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

P.K Subban Thread 2.0

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 12:52 AM
LaTenderness

vCash: 500
Mother ****er

Old
01-17-2013, 12:55 AM
ottawa*
go habs go

vCash: 50
This is getting ridiculous

Old
01-17-2013, 01:10 AM
habtastic

would be a good time for someone to adopt a

"No contract". "No excuses". for numéro 76.

Subban is now officially trolling me.

I know what the other 29 teams feel like and it aint good.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:34 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheed36 View Post
Looks like both sides are playing a game of when you have something different to offer you contact us.

I hope you enjoy watching your teammates play Saturday from your couch PK.
He will most likely hate every seconds of it. You think he genuinely rather sit out that game?!

The ******** of some people here is staggering.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:15 AM
Rozz

Quote:
Originally Posted by habtastic View Post
would be a good time for someone to adopt a

"No contract". "No excuses". for numéro 76.

Subban is now officially trolling me.

I know what the other 29 teams feel like and it aint good.
Way ahead of you.. been rocking it for a few days now lol

Old
01-17-2013, 05:23 AM
PricePkPatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rozz View Post
Way ahead of you.. been rocking it for a few days now lol
Hey. Better have the troll on your side than against you.

(which will always staggers me that we traded freakkin' Lapierre).

Old
01-17-2013, 06:02 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

with his agent making the 'he might not be signed by opening night' comment, makes me think that he's just posturing.

I love PK and hope he's signed but I want Bergevin to stay strong and not give into some insane demands. If he's out opening night, so be it.

If Bergevin wants to give him a 2 year bridge contract then i don't know why PK or his agent won't take it. He could be in for a bigger pay day in 2 years. If I'm not mistaken the cap will be going up and we'll have shed some major salary by then. Or is it not this simple?

Old
01-17-2013, 06:11 AM
Habruti!

The problem is...

The problem here is more fundamental then this... It is all about who pk compare his self with... He is no Dougthy or Eriksson. Once he understands that we will be fine. I for one hope our PP does very well in his absence with Markov in the lineup. It will give more ammunition to Bergevin.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:20 AM
dackelljuneaubulis02

I guess this thread might be as good as any so what is the cap going to look like in the years to come? Is there a set formula or hard figures(ha!) in place?

Old
01-17-2013, 06:22 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by makbowles View Post
with his agent making the 'he might not be signed by opening night' comment, makes me think that he's just posturing.

I love PK and hope he's signed but I want Bergevin to stay strong and not give into some insane demands. If he's out opening night, so be it.

If Bergevin wants to give him a 2 year bridge contract then i don't know why PK or his agent won't take it. He could be in for a bigger pay day in 2 years. If I'm not mistaken the cap will be going up and we'll have shed some major salary by then. Or is it not this simple?
It's strange how some side with the GM. What makes you think his demands are insane? Why should he take a 2 year bridge contract? If your agent showed you comparables and said you could get a 5 or 7 year contract why would you settle for 2?

Old
01-17-2013, 06:30 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
pk is a great player and will be a star but i hope bergevin holds his stance on this even if it means pk misses a good part of the season

Old
01-17-2013, 06:31 AM
The Gal Pals
Breaking Hab

vCash: 1549
The problem here are agents like Don Meehan. He is one of the best if not the best agent at extracting large dollars for his clients when they don't always deserve it. And then players wonder why the owners lock them out to tighten the rules... Meehan also somehow manipulated PG into giving Markov a 3-year contract for 5.75M after hobbling around on one leg and injured back for 2-years. The only way I see this ending is Subban getting the money he wants.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:34 AM
hockeyfan2k11

Quote:
Originally Posted by airic000 View Post
The problem here are agents like Don Meehan. He is one of the best if not the best agent at extracting large dollars for his clients when they don't always deserve it. And then players wonder why the owners lock them out to tighten the rules... Meehan also somehow manipulated PG into giving Markov a 3-year contract for 5.75M after hobbling around on one leg and injured back for 2-years. The only way I see this ending is Subban getting the money he wants.
I'll agree with you here. I think the biggest problem is Meehan. I can't stand the guy.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:36 AM
Malakhov

Send a message via MSN to Malakhov
Quote:
markov had this contract as a thank you from the organisation for sticking arounf. markov could of signed for big time money back when he had the possibility to become a ufa and the habs organisation appreciated him staying her for reasonable money, absolutely different and nothing to do with this case

Old
01-17-2013, 06:47 AM
ZARTONK
Headscratcher!

vCash: 50
He's signing today, I'm calling it!

Old
01-17-2013, 06:49 AM
vokiel
#NoTradesWithEDM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malakhov View Post
pk is a great player and will be a star but i hope bergevin holds his stance on this even if it means pk misses a good part of the season
Even if it means PK gets frustrated and doesn't play up to the standards we're hoping? I hope Bergevin ditches his plastic guns on this one. Not sure holding them helps in any way. The CBA is ratified and the opportunity to regulate those contracts is gone, live with it.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcv View Post
If what Spector is saying is true (Habs and PK agreed on $4M per but Habs wants 3 years and PK want 5), the habs are crazy saying no to that. Five years @ $4M per is a GREAT deal for Subban, I have a hard time believing it's true.
Bergevin would have to be nuts not to sign him for 5 years 20 mil.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:33 AM
Monctonscout
Monctonscout

Quote:
Markov could have made more money as a UFA. Not sure how you interpret it as "Meehan manipulating Gauthier".

Old
01-17-2013, 07:55 AM
FireBergevin
ultimate warrior

Quote:
This. This right here. Although I'd hesitate to say he manipulated the Markov deal because that was signed pretty quick. Certain agents are just more bloodthirsty than others, trying to squeeze an extra couple million when presented with a very fair market value offer. These guys are the worst thing to happen to the game.

Players need to get more aggressive with their agents and cut out the middleman if he's trying to dick everyone around. Ovechkin did it, Lidstrom did it.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:00 AM
Roulin

Molson used his leverage to make more money off this next CBA and locked out Subban for 34 games. Now that Subban has the leverage, I don't blame him for taking his time and putting pressure on ownership. As a fan, I'd love to see him on the ice on Saturday. As a human, I don't blame him for holding out for the best possible contract, especially given what happened this fall.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habruti! View Post
The problem here is more fundamental then this... It is all about who pk compare his self with... He is no Dougthy or Eriksson. Once he understands that we will be fine. I for one hope our PP does very well in his absence with Markov in the lineup. It will give more ammunition to Bergevin.
Yes, he might not be Doughty or Karlsson (I'm assuming that's who you meant)...

But the coaching staff uses him like he is Doughty or Karlsson

We may not like it as fans, but he does have a case...

We all know the minute PK is back in the lineup, he's going to be playing heavy minutes and being used as a #1 dman...so why would he accept a deal that pays him like he's the 4th or 5th best dman on the team?

Last edited by 417: 01-17-2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old
01-17-2013, 08:01 AM
ClasslessGuy

I wonder how you feel at home when you miss the first game...

I mean, PK is not a Yashin... he care about hockey etc. I believe that this issue will be fixed for the florida's game

Old
01-17-2013, 08:05 AM
PunkinDrublic*

PK will accept 4-5 years at 5 million per today or tomorrow. ( speculation )

Old
01-17-2013, 08:08 AM
DAChampion

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
PK will accept 4-5 years at 5 million per today or tomorrow.
Is this from your inside source or is it a hunch?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourBuddy View Post
PK will accept 4-5 years at 5 million per today or tomorrow.
sounds about right...there's really no reason he shouldn't be making at least 4.5M at the very least.

Closed Thread