HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Zack Bogosian to Detroit

Old
01-17-2013, 06:41 AM
glenbuis

vCash: 500
If we couldn't get Jamie Benn for a package containing Subban would the Jets have interest in something around Bogo for Subban.

glenbuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:51 AM
professorchaos

Why would Detroit have to trade anyone for an elite defenceman? All they have to do is wait for this short season to end and then sign Edler as a free agent.

professorchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:02 AM
moose3322

if you want to know bogos value, think about it from winnipegs point of view:

-recent 3rd overall pick, still only 22 years old
-plays a complete game- is a beast physically; had 38 point pace playing 2nd unit PP behind enstrom/buff (one of the highest scoring D-men 5on5); and was given the toughest matchups and the most defensive zone starts, and excelled at it.
-took a massive step forward last year. Many people are still ignorant in thinking bogo is a borderline bust for his draft position, but he proved himself to everyone watching him or paying attention. Many think he is already the teams #1 dman, on par with enstrom, and better than buff.
-openly has taken a liking to winnipeg, and management has openly taken a liking to him, declared him the piece they are building around.
-finally got a chronic wrist injury fixed that has bothered him for a few years now. An expected full recovery can only benefit him.

You dont go trading a piece like this, especially for older prospects who havent played in the NHL! Even if other pieces were added, bogo is the least likely player in the organization to be traded, and is viewed as the franchise d-man.

Bogo is what trouba hopes to even come close to, and buff wishes he had bogos defensive game, so I dont see how bogosian is the odd RHD out that needs to be traded?

Last edited by moose3322: 01-17-2013 at 07:08 AM.
moose3322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:14 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingsfan2965 View Post
Honestly, I don't see many Wings fans drooling over him. Obviously, he'd be a nice asset to have, but I don't think many are willing to pay what the Jets would ask.

I'd rather inquire about Bouwmeester, and if the Flames are asking too much, just wait until he's bought out.
I think if your carrying the puck into the Detroit end, your hoping to be looking at Boumeester and not Bogosian. There is really no comparison there.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:14 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavlatMach9 View Post
If Bogosian was being shopped around, every other team would be competing to make the best offer.
This iam sure Brian Murray would fall out of his chair rushing to put together a package that will equal or better any Detroit offer

topshelf15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:19 AM
almostawake

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenbuis View Post
If we couldn't get Jamie Benn for a package containing Subban would the Jets have interest in something around Bogo for Subban.
No. I'm sure the Jets would like to have Subban in the lineup, but it seems a lateral move from the Jets perspective. Why trade the guy you know, that seems to like your city, that gets on well with your coaching staff, that is signed, etc. for a guy that may or may not satisfy those criteria?

If you're really looking to move Subban for a guy that could replace his minutes right away, I have a feeling Byfuglien could be discussed

almostawake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:19 AM
glenbuis

What? A better offer than Nyquist. come on. He's a 23 yr old ( 170 pd ) prospect. For a little guy like Bogosian.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:22 AM
glenbuis

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostawake View Post
No. I'm sure the Jets would like to have Subban in the lineup, but it seems a lateral move from the Jets perspective. Why trade the guy you know, that seems to like your city, that gets on well with your coaching staff, that is signed, etc. for a guy that may or may not satisfy those criteria?

If you're really looking to move Subban for a guy that could replace his minutes right away, I have a feeling Byfuglien could be discussed
No thanks, If he ever sat on the very end of the bench, he would send all our midgets to the rafters.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
almostawake

Quote:
No thanks, If he ever sat on the very end of the bench, he would send all our midgets to the rafters.
The real reason behind the Peluso waiver claim revealed.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:25 AM
solo16

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEIFey View Post
Nyquist is good, but Bogo is the Jets' best defenseman. You don't trade one of your best roster players for just a good prospect. Not if you're trying to become competitive.
I guess the real question is... Do scouts view Nyquist as a top 6 winger right now? If the answer is yes then I am not so sure how much "lack of NHL experience" matters. He dominated college as an underager (soph). He then came back as a junior regarded as the best player in the league and every team tried to shut him down and he dominated again. He then dominated his first two years in the AHL on a horrible griffins team being targeted each game. He looked adequate in his first nhl games (though slightly undersized). At this point it is reasonable to believe that scouts know exactly what he is.

I would argue he is a player 10 pounds away from being a top line winger. I see Alex Tanguay as his downside and Patrick Kane light as his upside pretty much locked in. There is real player trade value there not (prospect trade value).

If we think objectively Nyquist is probably a better prospect than Smith (who I agree is over-hyped).

Nyquist+Sproul/Oulette (blue chip younger D prospects) gets this done imo. Just enough to be painful on the wings side.

solo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:30 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by topshelf15 View Post
This iam sure Brian Murray would fall out of his chair rushing to put together a package that will equal or better any Detroit offer
OK, speaking of other teams out-bidding the Red Wings for Bogosian, here's a hypothetical situation for Jets fans:

Bryan Murray has his secretary get Cheveldayoff on the phone, says "My defence is hurting, and if I'm going to make a trade to address it, I don't want a short-term solution. I want a guy who will be here for a while.

Zibanejad for Bogosian. What do you say, Kevin?"

Let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that the Jets ARE in fact shopping Bogo. Do the Jets pull the trigger?

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 AM
Chacal667

Quote:
Bogosian is far from what subban is right now. You underestimate Subban

Chacal667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonkTastic View Post
OK, hypothetical situation for Jets fans:

Bryan Murray has his secretary get Cheveldayoff on the phone, says "My defence is hurting, and if I'm going to make a trade to address it, I don't want a short-term solution. I want a guy who will be here for a while.

Let's assume, for the sake of this argument, that the Jets ARE in fact shopping Bogo. Do the Jets pull the trigger?
We need to add a lot say michalek and our 1st for him not to hang up

Old
01-17-2013, 07:35 AM
TCsmyth

Quote:
OK, speaking of other teams out-bidding the Red Wings for Bogosian, here's a hypothetical situation for Jets fans:

Surely you are joking? And why does every proposal that an Ottawa poster in the last year put up include Zibanejad? Do you guys dislike him that much? Chevy hangs up the phone...

TCsmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:37 AM
topshelf15

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Surely you are joking? And why does every proposal that an Ottawa poster in the last year put up include Zibanejad? Do you guys dislike him that much? Chevy hangs up the phone...
zbad is going to be a decent nhler he just needs time ,but in no way would he be the main piece in a trade for a stud like bogo

Old
01-17-2013, 07:38 AM
BonkTastic
+/- =Worst Stat EVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCsmyth View Post
Fair enough. I figured we'd need to add something.

As for the "Zibanejad" question, it's a combination of him having the most value to address shortcomings. No one dislikes the kid. A lot of Sens fans would like to see us move an offensive prospect to get a defensive one. Zibanejad just has more value than Mark Stone, or Stefan Noesen, or Matt Puempel, or Stephane DaCosta, etc.. etc.. hence why he's usually included.

BonkTastic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
416Leafer

Having Enstrom + Byfgulien arguably make Bogosian expendable to upgrade another position while still having a decent top pairing longterm.

But they also lack depth on the blueline if they trade Bogosian. Second pairing would be what? Hainsey + Stuart?

I'm sure they would want more than what was in the OP though.

416Leafer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:48 AM
almostawake

Quote:

It wouldn't even start a discussion with the Jets.

If they were shopping Bogosian I'm pretty certain the first thing they'd do is pick up the phone, call the Avs and start talking about Ryan O'Reilly.

If Winnipeg traded Bogosian and they didn't get a good, young, NHL proven player in return, there would be riots in Winnipeg.

Unless there's something going on behind the scenes and Bogosian really wants out and is refusing to negotiate an extention, I cannot imagine him being traded.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:50 AM
Jetsfareast
Helly Yeah

vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedWings19405 View Post
One of the Wings more plugged in media guys Art Regner posted a video blog on Fox Sports Detroit that hints the Wings are zeroing in on a long-time target.

http://www.foxsportsdetroit.com/01/1...07&feedID=3701

Ken Holland and Wings brass has never hid their desires for him, what is surprising to me at least is the package he believes will accomplish this.

Zach Bogosian

Gustav Nyquist

As much as Wings fans like Nyquist I would think they would have to do this. Of course it would make sense since they have seven d-man and would waive one assuming Bogosian is good to go with his wrist to send one back the other way, but we will see.

Would rather offer a package of Tatar, one of Kindl/White/Quincey and Pulkkinen/Andersson but just have a feeling Regner is off on the package just as I might be. Regner even hints they are trying for the real unlikely homerun on somehow trying to get Kane as well. Was surprised to hear it and expect Jets fans not to like it, but Regner is pretty well connected with Detroit brass and there is quite a history of chasing Bogosian in the rumor mills around Detroit. Nyquist would offer a dynamic forward to Winnipeg who is ready for a top 6 NHL role with them in my opinion.

Thoughts? What would the Jets really want from the Wings to make this trade?
Nothing

Jets needed a top 4D more than they need a forward. Jets can score, bogo is their best defender.

So no

Jetsfareast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:54 AM
Zetterberg4Captain

Yes Bogosians name has been linked to detroit for what now, the past two years give or take?

All that said it would cost detroit more then Nyquist and to be perfectly honest it should

Winnipeg would want a ROSTER forward who could help now, a decent prospect and a pick.

The roster forward would have to be young so think Helm, the prospect would have to be decent so think tatar, ouellet, sproul or jurco and probably a 1st rd pick

personally I think Bogosian is worth that package but not to Detroit as I dont think Bogosian makes that big of an impact on detroits blueline above the 6 or 7 guys already there

Zetterberg4Captain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:58 AM
SiouxPride

I just LOL'd. I dont even think this trade would go through in NHL'13. SMH

SiouxPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 AM
joestevens29

vCash: 350
Did Bogosian get one leg cut off at the knee? That's an awful deal.

joestevens29 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
TOGuy14

If the offer is Nyqvsit straight up, I am thinking there are probably 20-25 teams in the league who would easily up that offer.

TOGuy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:26 AM
MisterD

vCash: 50
Bogosian will not be traded right now because of his injury. Even if the Jets were shopping him, they'd wait until he was healthy to get full value.

MisterD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:28 AM
JmanWingsFan
Your average Jman

I never realized Zach Bogosian was the second coming of Nicklas Lidstrom. You'd think that would be the case reading some of these comments... Give me a break. Nyquist is being criminally underrated here.

JmanWingsFan is offline   Reply With Quote