Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Bruins Board 2013 NHL Draft Thread

Old
01-13-2013, 06:36 AM
BruinsPortugal

vCash: 500
Sooo, now that we will pick 30 again... Who are the studs likely to fall to us?

Or would we better off just by trading 2 firsts and 2 seconds to Montreal for Subban?

BruinsPortugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 12:39 PM
CamDegs13
Nose Face Killah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsPortugal View Post
Sooo, now that we will pick 30 again... Who are the studs likely to fall to us?

Or would we better off just by trading 2 firsts and 2 seconds to Montreal for Subban?
Ryan Hartman

CamDegs13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 01:08 PM
Topshelf8188
Boston Strong

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
Ryan Hartman
I'd be a fan of that pick.

Topshelf8188 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-13-2013, 04:18 PM
bigbadbruins7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamDegs13 View Post
Ryan Hartman
would be a great pick i think if we are in the late 20's and hopefully 30th. He can play a skilled and phsyical game. something all bruins fans like to see

bigbadbruins7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-14-2013, 08:26 AM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
If you want to follow up on the Stat leaders from the OHL that are eligible for the draft, here you go

http://ohlwriters.com/articles/draft...ers-week-16--2

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 07:38 AM
Dom - OHL

In case you missed NHL Central Scouting's mid-term rankings, they were released yesterday

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643

Old
01-16-2013, 09:23 AM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
In case you missed NHL Central Scouting's mid-term rankings, they were released yesterday

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=85643
Why is Kujawinski ranked so low? 69th among NA skaters. That seems very low to me but what do I know. I was really surprised to see Remi Elie ahead of Kujawinski. Maybe it's my Knights bias but I think Zadorov should be rated quite a bit higher than 30th among NA skaters. I think ISS has him in their top 10 including euro's.

A couple other OHL guys I'm surprised to see ranked so low are Hunter Garlent and Jordan Subban. BTW, is Myles Bell not playing D anymore? They have him listed as a LW.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 11:17 AM
Montecristo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaaaaB's View Post
Why is Kujawinski ranked so low? 69th among NA skaters. That seems very low to me but what do I know. I was really surprised to see Remi Elie ahead of Kujawinski. Maybe it's my Knights bias but I think Zadorov should be rated quite a bit higher than 30th among NA skaters. I think ISS has him in their top 10 including euro's.

A couple other OHL guys I'm surprised to see ranked so low are Hunter Garlent and Jordan Subban. BTW, is Myles Bell not playing D anymore? They have him listed as a LW.
I can answer a few of those questions. Kujawinski hadn't been consistent at all. He tore it up last year after being traded, then again to start the year, and then went ice cold. Then he picked it up a little and then cold. He would be a good 2nd-3rd round pick because his potential is still that of a top 6 center, but the consistency issues make him a risk.

Subban is probably listed low because of his size and defensive potential. He might only top out as a 3rd pairing D with PP minutes.

Montecristo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 04:46 PM
DaaaaB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montecristo View Post
I can answer a few of those questions. Kujawinski hadn't been consistent at all. He tore it up last year after being traded, then again to start the year, and then went ice cold. Then he picked it up a little and then cold. He would be a good 2nd-3rd round pick because his potential is still that of a top 6 center, but the consistency issues make him a risk.

Subban is probably listed low because of his size and defensive potential. He might only top out as a 3rd pairing D with PP minutes.
Thanks, I didn't realize Kujawinski has been so inconsistent. You're likely right that it's Subban's size and weak defensive play(which has a lot to do with his size). If he has a late growth spurt, he could turn out to be a mid-round steal.

DaaaaB's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:40 PM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Gimme Rychel. Just put Hartman in his place. Hartman will be a pain in the ass to play against. Hes a banger.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-16-2013, 06:43 PM
WBC8

Man Horvat is all over the place. Love them Knights.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:11 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
Gimme Rychel. Just put Hartman in his place. Hartman will be a pain in the ass to play against. Hes a banger.
Certainly has the ability, but too inconsistent not only from game to game but shift to shift.

Goal scorer who has scored in less than 50% of his games (19 of 42 and 5 of those 19 were multiple goal games). So when he's on he's on. He'll be hard pressed to match last season's goal total but maybe the return of Koko will help. Not sure if that's good for a third year Junior.

If someone can keep the fire lit under his arse, he'll be all he can be, if not, he'll continue to be inconsistent.

Not knocking his potential, because it's there.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:16 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Certainly has the ability, but too inconsistent not only from game to game but shift to shift.

Goal scorer who has scored in less than 50% of his games (19 of 42 and 5 of those 19 were multiple goal games). So when he's on he's on. He'll be hard pressed to match last season's goal total but maybe the return of Koko will help. Not sure if that's good for a third year Junior.

If someone can keep the fire lit under his arse, he'll be all he can be, if not, he'll continue to be inconsistent.

I can see why you are so high on Nurse. Hes gonna be a good one. Strong- great positioning.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:18 PM
WBC8

Quote:

Damn he may not be a Bruins type player. Curtis Lazar is. Solid.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:21 PM
WBC8

Getting a big crush on Zadorov too.

Funny to hear the analyst speak highly of Bigras. My boy Dom has pimped him for 4 months now!

Old
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Getting a big crush on Zadorov too.

Funny to hear the analyst speak highly of Bigras. My boy Dom has pimped him for 4 months now!
Zadorov proved when Harrington and Maatta were at the worlds that given quality minutes he'll do okay. But when they returned and London signed Dakota Mermis, he slipped back. People praise his offensive ability but IMO it was non existent early on, but has gotten better. People rave about it, but there comes a point where you have to produce no?

Still in my top 10 from the O, but you know me, I don't go with the general consensus all the time and I've done alright with it

Here's some reading for you at intermission time

Quote:
The one ranking that really jumped out at me was Nikita Zadorov's (and not Domi's). Zadorov seems to be universally considered a top 15 selection at this point (or at least around that mark). I know blog friend Dominic Tiano (of the OHL Writers) has had Zadorov lower on his list all season because he doesn't see the offensive upside in his game (at least to the extent that others do). I have to admit, the last few times I've seen Zadorov play, he actually hasn't played well (starting to chase the hit defensively, and turnovers with the puck). But I still think he has too much upside for where they have him ranked.
http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...3-midterm.html

Old
01-16-2013, 07:39 PM
WBC8

Quote:
Zadorov proved when Harrington and Maatta were at the worlds that given quality minutes he'll do okay. But when they returned and London signed Dakota Mermis, he slipped back. People praise his offensive ability but IMO it was non existent early on, but has gotten better. People rave about it, but there comes a point where you have to produce no?

Still in my top 10 from the O, but you know me, I don't go with the general consensus all the time and I've done alright with it

Here's some reading for you at intermission time

http://ohlprospects.blogspot.ca/2013...3-midterm.html
Love it. Domi looks very small in stature out there. Horvat looks very big and powerful. Id take him top ten based on this game and reading about his streak and goal scoring. Not sure if that's too high. Lol

Old
01-16-2013, 07:41 PM
WBC8

Dom are you telling this color guy what to say or has he been ripping off your material all game?

Old
01-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Love it. Domi looks very small in stature out there. Horvat looks very big and powerful. Id take him top ten based on this game and reading about his streak and goal scoring. Not sure if that's too high. Lol
And Horvat does it playing third line. Trust me he's the real deal. He'd be a number one center on most teams in the O. 6' 200+ pounds and knows both ends of the ice.

Domi is 5'10 200 pounds but his lower body strength is exceptional. Hard to knock off the puck. That and his skating, ability to beat guys one on one and find open lanes and get into the open himself make him an offensive threat. Problem is his defensive game.

Under the right coach/system, defense can be taught/learned. Offensive ability is a natural thing. You can't teach it.

Old
01-16-2013, 09:14 PM
reffree

For those who watch the game, how was Dauphin?

reffree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 12:33 AM
Bruin4Life

Trade up and draft Ryan Hartman and then draft Jordan Subban.

For a team that is tied for second last (only 2 goals off last place) for goals for ; Subban has put up the most points for Belleville with 31 points (8 goals and 23 assists) out of a possible 115. Not bad for a defender.

Not only that but is also effective in the shootout .

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:15 AM
WBC8

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
He got rocked early by Hartman (IIRC) but then turned it on... His line was great... Was with Petan, again if my memory doesn't fail me, but he was very, very noticeable in a good way, which is great for him in a game like this.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:16 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by reffree View Post
Nice player, not 100% sure but he wasn`t initially to be included in last night`s game until an injury occured. I have had the opportunity to watch him play with Chicoutimi when he visits and the kid has nice talent. Even more impressive is he`s tough, not in the fisticuff sense tough, but he`ll go to any dirty area for the betterment of the team and he took a real nice hit from Ryan Hartman, got right back up etc....

Hartman`s game will be remembered for the big hits, reminds me a bit of Phaneuf in that he`ll go out of his way to make that crowd pleasing hit which opens up opportunities for opponents but the kid has skill.

This was my first chance to watch Malcolm Subban, no clue what Mom and Pop Subban put in their kids water but man, had no idea this Subban had that skill. Didn`t necessarily translate onto the score sheet but....

I love this game for the intensity, the problem often with this game is some will put far too much stock in a kid`s one game performance, and others will say "his stock dropped" by a game in which he didn`t dominate or make a huge impression.

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:34 AM
WBC8

Quote:
And Horvat does it playing third line. Trust me he's the real deal. He'd be a number one center on most teams in the O. 6' 200+ pounds and knows both ends of the ice.

Domi is 5'10 200 pounds but his lower body strength is exceptional. Hard to knock off the puck. That and his skating, ability to beat guys one on one and find open lanes and get into the open himself make him an offensive threat. Problem is his defensive game.

Under the right coach/system, defense can be taught/learned. Offensive ability is a natural thing. You can't teach it.
Was a real fun game... Did anyone hurt / help their stock in your opinion? Do scouts put a huge emphasis on this game?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:22 AM
Dom - OHL

Quote:
Was a real fun game... Did anyone hurt / help their stock in your opinion? Do scouts put a huge emphasis on this game?
It's an opportunity to see some of the top players go head to head, but no, this isn't make or break it for these guys. It's the total package, from the beginning of the season to the end.

I'd like to think it's over a couple of season's (going back to their pre-draft season) but if that was the case, someone would have drafted Even McEneny last year despite playing only two games Sorry, had to put that in there.

Did anyone help/hurt their stock IMO? Well I'll only speak about the players I know. (in order)

Chris Bigras (pronounced Bee-Graw BTW) really helped his cause. Great game and as you know, been pretty high on him. I think he made the strongest case for himself more than anyone else.

Spencer Martin - Thought he was good when he had to be. You can see he's great in positioning, anticipation - reading plays etc. Rumor has it he's been playing on a sore knee for the last month which is why his stats were down, but he looked in fine form last night.

Bo Horvat - Can see why the kid is on the rise... excellent game and he's basically a third liner in London

Nurse and Subban - what you saw in those two paired together is what you get every night. The fact that they did it on that stage bodes well for both of them - although Subban will have the size issue follow him no matter what he does.