Jamie Benn

Old
01-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
60ish points in 48 games??? I`m going to assume your speaking about his production in a full year?

Sorry, for a 1st line centerman with the skill he has, I want more production consistently from him however, it appears very much so that he is here to stay and I am hoping that he brings "it" on a consistent basis knowing full well that it`s near impossible to have it each and every night.

Maybe it`s just me (most likely) maybe it`s because it appears as though he just moves so slow, glides too often that it rubs me the wrong way as a lack of effort. Ironically, where I appreciate his game most is in his own end where that effort is there, just like to see him push that puck quicker and I`ll never be convinced that a player who doesn`t have quick puck movement belongs on the PP
Yes, I do mean a full season.

I think that's placing too much emphasis on line numbers. He has proven himself over a few seasons. No need to trade him just because he appears lazy.

I think Seguin will likely be a better PP option.

Jack Donaghy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:57 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODAAT View Post
60ish points in 48 games??? I`m going to assume your speaking about his production in a full year?

Sorry, for a 1st line centerman with the skill he has, I want more production consistently from him however, it appears very much so that he is here to stay and I am hoping that he brings "it" on a consistent basis knowing full well that it`s near impossible to have it each and every night.

Maybe it`s just me (most likely) maybe it`s because it appears as though he just moves so slow, glides too often that it rubs me the wrong way as a lack of effort. Ironically, where I appreciate his game most is in his own end where that effort is there, just like to see him push that puck quicker and I`ll never be convinced that a player who doesn`t have quick puck movement belongs on the PP
Just because Krejci doesn't go 100 mph with the puck doesn't mean lack of effort. I'm sort of gobsmacked that anyone would think that way after watching him play on a regular basis, but if that's the popular opinion, it would explain a lot.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:24 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Just because Krejci doesn't go 100 mph with the puck doesn't mean lack of effort. I'm sort of gobsmacked that anyone would think that way after watching him play on a regular basis, but if that's the popular opinion, it would explain a lot.
Like I said, admittedly stated that I questioned whether I`m seeing things right or not but my "impression" is far too often that he`s gliding, not putting forth the effort.

I love his skill set, what I`d love to see is him use that skill set, and move that puck quicker at certain times. I noticed often last year, defenseman play him differently than we`ve seen in the past knowing that the odds are, he wasn`t going to either take the puck outside (doesn`t have blazing speed but) or move the puck up ice, he was going to gain the blueline, then immediately stop, I`d like to see him mix it up more.

I don`t think it`s popular opinion that he doesn`t play hard, I have long been in the minority here with my personal assessment (totally untrained) about him, I think that he, like many, has stretches where he appears disinterested. Having seen him play all out during that Cup run, I know that he`s capable of bringing more on a consistent basis, that`s all I want, and I don`t expect him to be an 80-90pt player, not on this team with a roll 4 line mentality.

Only one player in my years of watching this game had the ability to slow things down and make the right play constantly, he wore 99# and I`m not sure we`ll ever see another like em

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:39 AM
Bruin4Life

People should be talking about trading Lucic instead of Krejci.

Playing will in the season means nothing. It's those that rise in the playoffs that count and Krejci is one of those players

Bruin4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:51 AM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
People should be talking about trading Lucic instead of Krejci.

Playing will in the season means nothing. It's those that rise in the playoffs that count and Krejci is one of those players
How about not trading either one?

Not for Benn, anyway. He's not going anywhere. Any time a player has contract trouble or goes on waivers some people want the Bruins to get him.

Artemis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:59 AM
GodTukka*

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastern View Post
I agree but damaged goods is a rough tag for horton. Give him some time then we can discuss throwing around names like that.

But Benn is good I just don't see the B's blowing up their top line for him just yet.
Fair enough, with the whole concussion thing i just feel another Savard like thing coming (which is a damn shame)

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:05 AM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Make-Believe View Post
I disagree (almost) completely. Not only does that offer not improve this team, but Marchand is part of the core here and not someone you can easily replace at all.
Sorry but in no way do I consider Marchand part of the "core" of this team. Before you ask, Bergeron, Chara, Krejci, Seguin, and now Hamilton, yes before he plays his first game, would be my core.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruin4Life View Post
21 points in 32 playoff games and can be counted on to score at least 20 goals a year and could push 30 goals a couple times (can come close) is the easiest player to replace

NO! Just no ok! A player like Kelly is easily replaced.
Sorry but I doubt if replacing Marchand with Kelly in the deal would get you Benn.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:07 AM
Fire Julien

vCash: 1340
Quote:
Originally Posted by don View Post

Sorry but I doubt if replacing Marchand with Kelly in the deal would get you Benn.
It wouldn't, which is why the Kelly's of this league are easily replaceable.

Fire Julien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:22 AM
ODAAT

Quote:
Originally Posted by LancelotLink View Post
Yes, I do mean a full season.

I think that's placing too much emphasis on line numbers. He has proven himself over a few seasons. No need to trade him just because he appears lazy.

I think Seguin will likely be a better PP option.
I was on a big push to move his arse as recent as last year, I`m a touch more hesitant to do this now with the CBA and his contract not being crazy but that doesn`t mean that I don`t want more consistency from him.

I don`t view him as an elite centerman nor expect massive numbers but is it unrealistic to want those first line stats up? He is looked to and used in situations where I would like to see more from him. He`s got this system down, his teammates seem to love him, CJ trusts him so I have accepted the fact he`s going nowhere and I`m ok with that, this system requires players to play certain ways and it will, to a degree affect their numbers and to just move him with the expectation that a guy will suddenly come in here and post 100pts just isn`t happening and I get it.

I`m a Bruin fan, and don`t care who`s name is on the jersey, I want to win, I want him to show us that drive that we saw in 08/09, then from the 2nd round of the Cup year, consistently battling, pts aside, in every situation, THAT is the Krejci I would like to see again, he had a mentality that nobody was taking that puck from him

ODAAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:42 AM
BudMovin*
Mung Dealer

I don't think this roster needs a shake-up on the level of acquiring someone like Jamie Benn. We are like a 3rd line winger and maybe some D depth away from being top dogs again.

Our forward core is built on depth, not top heavy talent. No need to thin the herd to do that.

BudMovin* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:48 AM
ksp1957

vCash: 361
Send a message via AIM to ksp1957
Any team who wants to contend needs to make some moves to shake things up, particularly a team that lost in the first round last season. If acquiring Jamie Benn for a player that seems to be standing on his laurels is what's needed, then that's the way to go. I want to see a team that's hungry and wants to win it again, not some team that figures that we won it all two seasons ago and if we get to the conference finals, it's a successful season.

ksp1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:52 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caballo Blanco View Post
It wouldn't, which is why the Kelly's of this league are easily replaceable.
No Cage = No Cup in 2011. We lose round one without him.

He's an important part of a championship roster IMO.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:53 AM
WBC8

Send a message via AIM to WBC8
Quote:
Especially when people who are close to the team and see many things we don't say he is one of the top 5 hardest workers ..... and in that lockerroom that is saying a hell of alot.

WBC8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Chris21

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhamBamCam8 View Post
No Cage = No Cup in 2011. We lose round one without him.

He's an important part of a championship roster IMO.
I agree with this. I think he is pretty under appreciated/ under valued by some.

Chris21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:00 PM
don

Quote:
Originally Posted by BudMovin View Post
I don't think this roster needs a shake-up on the level of acquiring someone like Jamie Benn. We are like a 3rd line winger and maybe some D depth away from being top dogs again.

Our forward core is built on depth, not top heavy talent. No need to thin the herd to do that.
I don't know if it was this thread or the one in "Trade Roumers.........." but I'm on record as saying I'm satisfied with the team the way it is, but, IF, and I doubt they will, the stars trade Benn, I think we should difinately be in the hunt.

don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:18 PM
GodTukka*

This should all be put to rest soon, i would think Dallas would rather have Benn signed and ready to go for the season opener then go through a holdout

GodTukka* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GodTukka View Post
This should all be put to rest soon, i would think Dallas would rather have Benn signed and ready to go for the season opener then go through a holdout
Apparently there may be "good news" on the Benn front in the next few hours.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:24 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
How about not trading either one?

Not for Benn, anyway. He's not going anywhere. Any time a player has contract trouble or goes on waivers some people want the Bruins to get him.
I agree.

I agree again.

I was actually enjoying the lock-out come to think of it.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Mr Bru

Jamie Benn did an interview/feature story with The Hockey News (magazine) last season and was quoted saying that he would not like to play in a big market and is only comfortable playing in small markets.

He aint coming to the B's fellas and if he did through trade, I would be scared about that quote and how he play in Boston

Mr Bru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:32 PM
Dom - OHL
http://ohlwriters.co

Send a message via MSN to Dom - OHL
6 years at $6 million per is what it's going to take to sign a deal

Dom - OHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:28 PM
Mr. Make-Believe
Pass me another nail

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post

Um... No. I mean, he's a lovely player. Uh... But score me 30 goals or win something or something.

Mr. Make-Believe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:38 PM
TwineTickler
TheUltimateBruin

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrrOverGretzky View Post
Really? Was just reading someone who says he doesn't want 6 years. He wants 3-5.

TwineTickler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:14 PM
Rookie Chargers

Send a message via ICQ to Rookie Chargers
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwineTickler View Post
Really? Was just reading someone who says he doesn't want 6 years. He wants 3-5.
You still set a nail by hammering it's head. So it could have been 1-5 years too but not 6.

What is the difference between Benn and Subban? From what I know/see is 6 years

I would let them both sit out. Players get their over payment at some point. I don't see why after a lock-out there is this.

Rookie Chargers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:22 AM
Cory Trevor
Smokes, Let's go

Save the money for now, don't give anything up, Thomas is off the books next year and go after Semin.

Lather, Rinse, and Repeat..

Cory Trevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:22 AM
BostonBob
4 Ever The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by analog4ndy View Post
Save the money for now, don't give anything up, Thomas is off the books next year and go after Semin.

BostonBob is online now   Reply With Quote