HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New Jersey Devils
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

All Jersey Talk (Game Worn, Replica, Authentic, etc.) Part Scott Stevens

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 AM
sbell44

vCash: 500
Now that Zajac signed long-term, I need to strip my Parise North Dakota Jersey and make it into a Zajac. Glad I will still be able to wear my UND jersey. One of the nicest jerseys out there.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:53 AM
jasonthenicest
Because The Internet

So what should I do with my retro signed (back number) captain patch Parise jersey? strip it? what do I do with the auto'd number? Is it worth selling? I don't have COA since I went to get it signed at a Ford dealership... What would be the best way to salvage the jersey?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:54 AM
Cowbell232

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonthenicest View Post
So what should I do with my retro signed (back number) captain patch Parise jersey? strip it? what do I do with the auto'd number? Is it worth selling? I don't have COA since I went to get it signed at a Ford dealership... What would be the best way to salvage the jersey?
Just keep it... It's really that serious?

In a few years you'll probably be fine wearing it again... haha

Old
01-17-2013, 11:37 AM
Scott04

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowbell232 View Post
Just keep it... It's really that serious?

In a few years you'll probably be fine wearing it again... haha
This is what I would do. I have an auto'd Gomez jersey from years back. I've honestly just kept it. Haven't worn it or done anything with it. Probably have it just hanging in my closet as if it wasn't autographed, but whatever. If he didn't leave I would have taken more care of it (like I have with my Stevens auto'd jersey), but it is what it is. Not worth going through all of that hassle by that point.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:38 PM
devils892003

I have a Salvador autographed jersey and was wondering if anyone knew a place to get a C put on before the home opener?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:42 PM
Zippy316

Quote:
Turn it into a Butler jersey. If you don't have money, hockey tape and sharpie can turn in into a makeshift Butler jersey.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:02 PM
Jersey Man
Mad Dog

I have an autographed Langs jersey with the C on it. Never wearing it though haha

Old
01-17-2013, 09:05 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

I'll still wear my Langs jersey with the SCF patch every once in a while.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:11 PM
BrodeursCups
Zajac flat out sucks

Send a message via AIM to BrodeursCups
Give it a year or so and you'll see some Parise jerseys out again. These things need time to cool off

Old
01-21-2013, 09:44 PM
Gourley

Can anyone give me any insight on these jerseys. Pickedup from a local. Yes I know the white one is blank without a NJ dev crest, but it was "supposed" to be the NJ devs blank before any num,bers or name was put on. Thanks.

Yes its green stripes, iphone makes it look black sorry

Last edited by Gourley: 01-21-2013 at 09:55 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 09:52 PM
RHilla619

Anyone roughly remember what the Devils Den charged last year for an adult home jersey with a custom name and number? Had a Parise for the last 3 seasons, time to treat myself to a new one tomorrow night now that im working!

Old
01-21-2013, 10:02 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gourley View Post
Can anyone give me any insight on these jerseys. Pickedup from a local. Yes I know the white one is blank without a NJ dev crest, but it was "supposed" to be the NJ devs blank before any num,bers or name was put on. Thanks.

They're both old CCM/Maska jerseys, as you already saw. I have a mid 90's Blues jersey made of the same material as your red one and my white vintage Devils jersey is the same as yours, though it has the crest lol.

From what I understand, these were basically the retail jerseys fans could get back then, before companies started to realize we'd shell out lots of monies for the full on, on-ice jerseys.

With mine, those sizes are basically equivalent to tshirts I have, no extra space added for pads. The larges fit smaller than some of the mediums I have that were made later on.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:11 PM
Gourley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
They're both old CCM/Maska jerseys, as you already saw. I have a mid 90's Blues jersey made of the same material as your red one and my white vintage Devils jersey is the same as yours, though it has the crest lol.

From what I understand, these were basically the retail jerseys fans could get back then, before companies started to realize we'd shell out lots of monies for the full on, on-ice jerseys.

With mine, those sizes are basically equivalent to tshirts I have, no extra space added for pads. The larges fit smaller than some of the mediums I have that were made later on.
Yea they fit small, thanks for the insight. I've been researching and the game worn crest looks very different, but most fan owned vintage jersey's have this style crest. Now the decision, do i unsew the crest and sew it on the white, or leave as is?

Old
01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
Yea they fit small, thanks for the insight. I've been researching and the game worn crest looks very different, but most fan owned vintage jersey's have this style crest. Now the decision, do i unsew the crest and sew it on the white, or leave as is?
Yea I found basically the same thing with the crests.

Hmm, well the red throwbacks are obviously more common, so having a white vintage jersey is a pretty cool thing to have, though I guess it depends on if you can have it removed and put on the white jersey without damage to the red one. I'm pretty sure it isn't glued on, though I could be wrong.

Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
HenriquesJawLine

Anyone else have this jersey that can talk about the quality? This price looks low for an authentic
http://www.devilsfanshop.com/ilya-ko...ls-jersey.html

Old
01-21-2013, 10:20 PM
Gourley

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZNDevil View Post
Yea I found basically the same thing with the crests.

Hmm, well the red throwbacks are obviously more common, so having a white vintage jersey is a pretty cool thing to have, though I guess it depends on if you can have it removed and put on the white jersey without damage to the red one. I'm pretty sure it isn't glued on, though I could be wrong.
Nope crest isn't glued on, stitched around the edge. I wonder if anyone knows if retro/vintage crests are available or can be made? Thanks for the help!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriquesJawLine View Post
Anyone else have this jersey that can talk about the quality? This price looks low for an authentic
Doesn't look legit to me...

If you want a kovy jersey, look here. I pickedup one earlier this year. Authentic reebok with new style logo. Tackle twill with stitching on the outside of the letters and numbers, just not on the white parts.
http://www.sportsk.com/kovalchuk-ree...ls-jersey.html

Last edited by Gourley: 01-21-2013 at 10:27 PM.
Old
01-21-2013, 10:26 PM
AZNDevil
Yay band.

Quote:
I've never ordered stuff from that site, but a couple of the pictures they have for jerseys there are of cheap knockoffs, so I don't know how legitimate the jersey may be. And that's pretty cheap for a customized authentic, though I could be wrong and it could be a total steal of a deal hah.

Quote:
Nope crest isn't glued on, stitched around the edge. I wonder if anyone knows if retro/vintage crests are available or can be made? Thanks for the help!
Dorholt Custom Sports could probably do a vintage crest for you. He posts on here from time to time and multiple posters here have bought from him (including me).

Old
01-21-2013, 11:19 PM
deekortiz3
HFBoards Sponsor

Any good deals around for customized Reebok Premieres?...

The local place by me is offering 25% off on all their stuff right now which brings the total (with tax and shipping) to $164.89 for a Reebok Premier with sewn on numbers and patches.

My issue is that I am mostly looking to order a customized Boston Bruins (Rask) or Minnesota Wild (Heatley) 3rd Jersey. The site only offers normal home and away jerseys from teams besides the Sharks.

Anyone know of any similar deals anywhere for a Bruins or Wild 3rd with sewn on patches?

Oh and here is a link to the deal I mentioned above...
http://www.sharksoutlet.com/index.html
Use the coupon code gosharks

*edit* whoops thought I only searched the main forum section. Didn't realize I was in your sub-forum.

Old
01-21-2013, 11:31 PM
NYRFAN218
Mac Truck

Quote:
Authentics don't come in size 48's, they're knockoffs.

01-23-2013, 12:24 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYRFAN218 View Post
Authentics don't come in size 48's, they're knockoffs.
This is false. I have a size 48 authentic.

Does anyone know of a local (NJ/NYC) place that strips jerseys? I have a game-issued jersey I want strip but I don't feel like waiting 8-10 weeks for EP to do it.

Old
01-23-2013, 12:45 PM
Scott04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Caller View Post
This is false. I have a size 48 authentic.

Does anyone know of a local (NJ/NYC) place that strips jerseys? I have a game-issued jersey I want strip but I don't feel like waiting 8-10 weeks for EP to do it.
Any local hockey stores/ice rink pro shops are a good bet. I went to the one at Floyd Hall Arena to get a blank jersey stitched, but I asked them about stripping and putting a new name on it (for a different jersey of course). I know they said they can do it. May still take 2 weeks (that's what it took to get mine personalized), but I know they can do it. I want to say they charge between $40-50 because of the amount of stitching they need to tear out though. Not sure how competitive that pricing my be.

Old
01-23-2013, 10:20 PM
Loyal Patrik
I Like Hockey.

Quote:
If you want a kovy jersey, look here. I pickedup one earlier this year. Authentic reebok with new style logo. Tackle twill with stitching on the outside of the letters and numbers, just not on the white parts.
http://www.sportsk.com/kovalchuk-ree...ls-jersey.html
SportsK is awesome. Got a fully stitched Henrique in September. Thinking about getting the Zajac North Dakota they have.

Old
01-23-2013, 11:36 PM
waltdorholt

I can swap out all your jerseys old name and numbers if they are sewn on.

And I finally have the white vintage authentic style jerseys in stock!

Old
01-23-2013, 11:58 PM
Unknown Caller

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdorholt View Post

How long would it take for a stripping/customizing?

Old
01-24-2013, 07:30 AM
Zajacs Bowl Cut
Nova Nation

Send a message via AIM to Zajacs Bowl Cut Send a message via Yahoo to Zajacs Bowl Cut
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltdorholt View Post

I am very interested in this for my Parise (Authentic RBK from ~4 years ago with fight strap)

think I want to make it a Kovalchuk

how much would that be approximately?

Closed Thread