HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL VII - NHL Hockey Returns!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 03:39 PM
  #801
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
oh my lanta that would be outstanding!!
It's not GameCenter though, so who knows how good it is. I might get both just to see which one I stick with for a full season next year.

sba is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:46 PM
  #802
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
It's not GameCenter though, so who knows how good it is. I might get both just to see which one I stick with for a full season next year.
well CI is already ordered, I'll be honest I don't even know what Game Center is?

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:54 PM
  #803
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHNBOY View Post
well CI is already ordered, I'll be honest I don't even know what Game Center is?
GameCenter is the NHL's online/mobile package.

https://gamecenter.nhl.com/nhlgc/sec...&nav-video-gcl

sba is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:55 PM
  #804
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
In other news, former Sabre property Mike Kostka is in Toronto's top 6.

Heh.

sba is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:08 PM
  #805
drinking bleach irl
don't be so serious
 
drinking bleach irl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Country: Ras al-Khaimah
Posts: 11,677
vCash: 436
ahahaha what the **** are you doing Toronto

drinking bleach irl is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
  #806
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 39,514
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
In other news, former Sabre property Mike Kostka is in Toronto's top 6.

Heh.
You mean Marlies, right?

New Sabres Captain is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
  #807
La Cosa Nostra
The Future
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
It's a slight overpayment (with the cap coming back down), but they couldn't let him walk this summer. But it's workable...they can amnesty buyout someone if they need to, and the cap will probably rise back quite a bit before the end of that deal anyways.
LOL at "slight". 9% of the cap for a guy with only 2 45+ point seasons in 6 years. Scored 20+ goals only two times. Zajacs career PPG is actually lower then Drew Staffords, I guess Drew is a steal compared to Zajac.

Zajac is a 2nd line center no more. 5.75 mil is a huge overpayment. He is literally New Jerseys version of Stafford and they just paid him like an all star type player.

La Cosa Nostra is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:13 PM
  #808
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
LOL at "slight". 9% of the cap for a guy with only 2 45+ point seasons in 6 years. Scored 20+ goals only two times. Zajacs career PPG is actually lower then Drew Staffords, I guess Drew is a steal compared to Zajac.

Zajac is a 2nd line center no more. 5.75 mil is a huge overpayment. He is literally New Jerseys version of Stafford and they just paid him like an all star type player.
You obviously don't watch Devils games.

Myllz is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:18 PM
  #809
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
LOL at "slight". 9% of the cap for a guy with only 2 45+ point seasons in 6 years. Scored 20+ goals only two times. Zajacs career PPG is actually lower then Drew Staffords, I guess Drew is a steal compared to Zajac.

Zajac is a 2nd line center no more. 5.75 mil is a huge overpayment. He is literally New Jerseys version of Stafford and they just paid him like an all star type player.
Legitimate 2nd line centers get paid well, just fyi. Valuing any player by points is folly, especially Zajac which is akin to valuing someone like M. Koivu based on points totals along.

Rob Paxon is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:19 PM
  #810
La Cosa Nostra
The Future
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
You obviously don't watch Devils games.
Love this line. I doubt you watch them as much as you will imply also. I watch them when they play the Sabres and if theyre on Versus, but Im sure you watch all 30 teams' games .

If your getting paid near 6 million a year you better be more then a 50 point player. I don't care how good you are defensively you have to produce more then Zajac has. They overpaid because they lost Parisr, just like we did with Vanek when Briere and Drury left. Difference is, Vanek actually produced to somewhat warrant his contract. Zajac has scored 45+ points Two times since 2006, that superior production is well worth $5.75 million a year for the next 8 seasons


Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Paxon View Post
Legitimate 2nd line centers get paid well, just fyi. Valuing any player by points is folly, especially Zajac which is akin to valuing someone like M. Koivu based on points totals along.
Again, you need to be well rounded to deserve 5.75 a year. Good, he's very good defensively.... So are a lot of players, and yet they dont make almost 6 million. Zajac may be a 2nd line center in terms of production , but he's getting paid to be a 1st line center. It's funny, whenever you bring up goals and points it's tossed aside for "intangibles" and defensive ability. Being able to score is just as if not more important then being adequate defensively.

Zajac is a Drury type player and getting paid Drury bucks. Rangers learned from that, you don't give 2nd line centers who are good defensively but just above average offensively mega bucks. Zajac averages 49 points a season.You can discredit offensive numbers all you want and point to his 2 way game, but unless your a perennial Selke winner, $5.75 million a year is an overpayment for Zajacs production. Even in the playoffs, Zajac was merely above .5 PPG. That's not $5.75 million a year worthy.


Last edited by La Cosa Nostra: 01-16-2013 at 05:25 PM.
La Cosa Nostra is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:32 PM
  #811
Myllz
ARF ARF ARF ARF ARF
 
Myllz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Seattle
Country: United States
Posts: 13,460
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Love this line. I doubt you watch them as much as you will imply also. I watch them when they play the Sabres and if theyre on Versus, but Im sure you watch all 30 teams' games .

If your getting paid near 6 million a year you better be more then a 50 point player. I don't care how good you are defensively you have to produce more then Zajac has. They overpaid because they lost Parisr, just like we did with Vanek when Briere and Drury left. Difference is, Vanek actually produced to somewhat warrant his contract. Zajac has scored 45+ points Two times since 2006, that superior production is well worth $5.75 million a year for the next 8 seasons
I like how you arbitrarily put your point cap at 45 so you can exclude 2010-2011. It's cute. You can look at his stats all you want. His game is massively vital to any success the Devils have, and on that team he's worth what he got paid.

Myllz is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 05:48 PM
  #812
sba
....
 
sba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Islip Terrace, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 9,400
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to sba
He's the C version of Pominville.

sba is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 07:31 PM
  #813
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES
 
JOHNBOY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Denver NC
Country: United States
Posts: 10,151
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
He's the C version of Pominville.
Exactly, to everyone on HF except Sabres fans he is "overpaid". Buffalo fans know he is well worth the contract though..

JOHNBOY is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:04 PM
  #814
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Leafs Lombardi to PHX for a conditional pick

__________________






BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:10 PM
  #815
Rhett4
KALETA REBORN
 
Rhett4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Cassidy Must Go
Country: United States
Posts: 11,795
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
Leafs Lombardi to PHX for a conditional pick
Open the trading flood gates

Rhett4 is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:42 PM
  #816
BUCKSHOT
w00t !!
 
BUCKSHOT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Country: Ukraine
Posts: 17,680
vCash: 500
Send a message via Yahoo to BUCKSHOT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhett4 View Post
Open the trading flood gates
sounds like the Leaves are taking on some of the salary too

BUCKSHOT is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 08:43 PM
  #817
BuiltTagonTough
Stand still laddy!
 
BuiltTagonTough's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Buffalo
Country: United States
Posts: 10,536
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUCKSHOT View Post
sounds like the Leaves are taking on some of the salary too
Let the complicated cap calculations begin!

BuiltTagonTough is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:09 PM
  #818
brian_griffin
Measured Intangibles
 
brian_griffin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Z4QQQ batman symbol
Country: Vatican City State
Posts: 6,724
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zman5778 View Post
Not sure where to put this, so I'll drop it here:

$50 for either Center Ice or NHL Game Center.


LOVE the price.
Girlfriend got it for me for the new house she just bought. I'm using a week of rollover vacation next week to paint it for her. Fair trade. Right.

brian_griffin is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:18 PM
  #819
McTank
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,820
vCash: 500
Not sure where to put this but need some help from the fantasy guys on this board.
First Trade:
I give up: Vanek, Pavelski, Schneider
I get: Parise, Gaborik, Hiller

Second trade, keep in mind I am deep at center (Sedin, Benn, Getzlaf, Rot and can only dress two, D is a need for me)
I give up: H.Sedin and Ryan Whitney
I get: Letang and Myers

McTank is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:56 PM
  #820
La Cosa Nostra
The Future
 
La Cosa Nostra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 6,748
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myllz View Post
I like how you arbitrarily put your point cap at 45 so you can exclude 2010-2011. It's cute. You can look at his stats all you want. His game is massively vital to any success the Devils have, and on that team he's worth what he got paid.
Add in 10-11. He has a very average 44 points in 82 games. Zajac has had 4 40 seasons. Only 2 of them were over 45 points. He averages 49 points a year, any way you slice it he is a 2nd liner in terms of production getting paid like a star player. Zajac is overpaid. I don't understand all the backlash on that thought, if my team is paying someone $5.75 mil long term I want him to chip in a lot more then 49 points a year. The last season Zajac was healthy he was 37th for centers in shtoi/g. His defensive ability is overrated here if people are pointing to that as a reason he "deserves" almost 6 million a season. This past year he got as much PK time as Ilya Kovalchuk. Zajac is a player similar to Drew Stafford, same age, same draft year, and same inconsistent career.

La Cosa Nostra is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:23 AM
  #821
SECRET SQUIRREL
Registered User
 
SECRET SQUIRREL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Clarence
Country: Ireland
Posts: 1,213
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheyAreGoodScaryGood View Post
Not sure where to put this but need some help from the fantasy guys on this board.
First Trade:
I give up: Vanek, Pavelski, Schneider
I get: Parise, Gaborik, Hiller

Second trade, keep in mind I am deep at center (Sedin, Benn, Getzlaf, Rot and can only dress two, D is a need for me)
I give up: H.Sedin and Ryan Whitney
I get: Letang and Myers
You win first trade, 2nd one is close but I would prolly do it as well.

SECRET SQUIRREL is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 07:47 AM
  #822
WhoIsJimBob
Circle the Bandwagon
 
WhoIsJimBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Rochester, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 16,653
vCash: 500
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-pu...5013--nhl.html

That is freaking awesome!

WhoIsJimBob is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 09:10 AM
  #823
HockeyH3aven
#Flynnsanity
 
HockeyH3aven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Buffalo NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by sba View Post
He's the C version of Pominville.
Pommers produces more than Zajac, and by a pretty decent margin.

HockeyH3aven is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:19 AM
  #824
Sabreality
Registered User
 
Sabreality's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Country: United States
Posts: 3,885
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LegomyLeggio View Post
so he spent the lockout following Phish?

Sabreality is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:22 AM
  #825
Rob Paxon
⚔Z E M G U S⚔
 
Rob Paxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: corfu, ny
Country: United States
Posts: 18,789
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Rob Paxon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabreality View Post
so he spent the lockout following Phish?
Maybe he resents being named one of the NHL's 30 most handsome players

Rob Paxon is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:51 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.