HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Buffalo Sabres
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Around the NHL VII - NHL Hockey Returns!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  #851
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
It's not like they are against the cap or anything....Perhaps he refused to waive his NTC?
**cue Luongo rumors**

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:51 AM
  #852
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
GrigsAndGirgs caught that. If someone claims him, the salary and cap hit goes to the claiming team.

I can't see anyone claiming TC at $4.75M though. Even prorated that's nuts.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
  #853
Jame
Dream '16
 
Jame's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Palm Harbor, FL
Country: Pitcairn Islands
Posts: 33,387
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehDoak View Post
It's not like they are against the cap or anything....Perhaps he refused to waive his NTC?
the Leafs gave Connolly a NTC ?

Jame is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:55 AM
  #854
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?
 
1point21Gigawatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The future
Country: United States
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
GrigsAndGirgs caught that. If someone claims him, the salary and cap hit goes to the claiming team.

I can't see anyone claiming TC at $4.75M though. Even prorated that's nuts.
yeah, not one of BB shining moments (not that he had all that many in Toronto). Desperate clubs might take a risk, though.

Either way, i can't say i am that surprised that TC was waived.

1point21Gigawatts is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:56 AM
  #855
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jame View Post
the Leafs gave Connolly a NTC ?
Modified, but yeah... LOL.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
  #856
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beechsack View Post
GrigsAndGirgs caught that. If someone claims him, the salary and cap hit goes to the claiming team.

I can't see anyone claiming TC at $4.75M though. Even prorated that's nuts.
I think he may be bought out.


He doesn't fit in their plans and they would like him to move on. Buy him out and mission accomplished.

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:59 AM
  #857
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
Quote:
reporterchris Source on whether the #leafs intend to pursue an accelerated buyout for Tim Connolly. "Hasn't been discussed."
http://twitter.com/reporterchris/sta...45544845254657

jfb392 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
  #858
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
I guess not then

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
  #859
SackTastic
Embrace The Suck
 
SackTastic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 5,061
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I think he may be bought out.


He doesn't fit in their plans and would like him to move on. Buy him out and mission accomplished.
For that purpose, yes, I agree. I don't think they have two other players that it makes sense to use compliance buyouts on, so just cutting bait and moving on would be legit.

There's just no financial benefit to it.

SackTastic is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  #860
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?
 
1point21Gigawatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The future
Country: United States
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I think he may be bought out.


He doesn't fit in their plans and would like him to move on. Buy him out and mission accomplished.
Seems to be the general consensus of TSN analysts. Waiving TC and trading Lombardi is a pretty clear indication that they are making room for their youth.

I like this youth movement. Should keep the leafs in the basement for a few more seasons

1point21Gigawatts is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
  #861
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I think he may be bought out.


He doesn't fit in their plans and they would like him to move on. Buy him out and mission accomplished.
Buyout doesn't solve anything since he's FA at end of year. Leafs still on hook for same cap hit/salary for this year since buyout doesn't change any of that until next year (where he costs $0 anyways because he's not under contract). So better to save the buyout since there are limited number of them they can use than use it to not change their cap status anyways.

They could send him to the AHL, or if they don't want him in their system they could even loan him to another AHL club (like we did with Schiestel) or to Europe (as we did with Kotalik). He's already out of their plans for next year to begin with since he's not under contract.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:05 AM
  #862
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Isles claim Keith Aucoin from the Leafs/Marlies. They may be giving him a look on their 4th line. He wasn't half bad for the Caps last year in the playoffs.

Zip15 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
  #863
jfb392
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,112
vCash: 500
NYI with yet another waiver claim: Keith Aucoin.

jfb392 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:06 AM
  #864
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
Buyout doesn't solve anything since he's FA at end of year. Leafs still on hook for same cap hit/salary for this year since buyout doesn't change any of that until next year (where he costs $0 anyways because he's not under contract). So better to save the buyout since there are limited number of them they can use than use it to not change their cap status anyways.

They could send him to the AHL, or if they don't want him in their system they could even loan him to another AHL club (like we did with Schiestel) or to Europe (as we did with Kotalik). He's already out of their plans for next year to begin with since he's not under contract.
I was saying if they simply wanted to get rid of him. Not to save cap space but to just have him move on. I'm well aware that his cap hit stays with them.

But jfb quoted a tweet that says thats not in the cards (buying him out that is)

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:08 AM
  #865
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I was saying if they simply wanted to get rid of him. Not to save cap space but to just have him move on. I'm well aware that his cap hit stays with them.

But jfb quoted a tweet that says thats not in the cards (buying him out that is)
Got it. But there are ways to get rid of him without using a buyout, and that might be what they are pursuing.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:10 AM
  #866
stokes84
Registered User
 
stokes84's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charleston, SC
Country: United States
Posts: 6,799
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to stokes84
CBJ cuts Tim Erixon. Is this a surprise? I thought he should be with them, no?

stokes84 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:11 AM
  #867
JPurp26
Registered User
 
JPurp26's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Country: United States
Posts: 5,224
vCash: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfb392 View Post
NYI with yet another waiver claim: Keith Aucoin.
came here to post this. Lol they are trying to field a team of waiver acquisitions

JPurp26 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
  #868
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
How does Gragnani clear waivers, but Finley gets picked up?

At least Grags has decent amount of NHL experience.

And I would laugh so hard if the Rangers pick up Erixon off waivers. Or even better, the Flames.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:16 AM
  #869
Zip15
Registered User
 
Zip15's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,117
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
How does Gragnani clear waivers, but Finley gets picked up?

At least Grags has decent amount of NHL experience.

And I would laugh so hard if the Rangers pick up Erixon off waivers. Or even better, the Flames.
Erixon was a rookie last year. How is he on waivers?

Zip15 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:17 AM
  #870
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Erixon was a rookie last year. How is he on waivers?
I guess he isn't...I misread "cut" as "waived" in the previous post.

So he's just going back down to the AHL.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:20 AM
  #871
1point21Gigawatts
hell's a gigawatt?
 
1point21Gigawatts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: The future
Country: United States
Posts: 1,175
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zip15 View Post
Erixon was a rookie last year. How is he on waivers?
I am guessing CBJ organization is in the position it's in because of bad decisions. This might be one of them? Actually don't know too much about the kid, but after a cursory look he might just need more development time. Hell of a risk to waive a 1st round pick, though...

1point21Gigawatts is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:24 AM
  #872
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrCryceratops View Post
I am guessing CBJ organization is in the position it's in because of bad decisions. This might be one of them? Actually don't know too much about the kid, but after a cursory look he might just need more development time. Hell of a risk to waive a 1st round pick, though...
John Davidson is in control there now. He helped turn around St.Louis. I expect in a few years for them to be in good shape.

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
  #873
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
In other news, Bryce Salvador named new Devils captain.

So that makes Zetterberg in Detroit, Giroux in Philly, and Salvador in NJ. Still no word on the Jackets captain, but my money is on JJ.

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:31 AM
  #874
joshjull
Moderator
 
joshjull's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Hamburg,NY
Country: United States
Posts: 32,713
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrigsAndGirgs View Post
In other news, Bryce Salvador named new Devils captain.

So that makes Zetterberg in Detroit, Giroux in Philly, and Salvador in NJ. Still no word on the Jackets captain, but my money is on JJ.
I would be honored

joshjull is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
  #875
New Sabres Captain
ForFriendshipDikembe
 
New Sabres Captain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 38,357
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshjull View Post
I would be honored
You are aware that we are talking about the Blue Jackets, right? I mean, is a C enough of a bribe to get you to sign with them?

New Sabres Captain is online now  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.