HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Notices

Training Camp '13 (Starts Sunday 1/13)

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 10:21 AM
  #876
Kovalev27
BEST IN THE WORLD
 
Kovalev27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 960
vCash: 500
dolan- i just bought you ungrateful ******** rick nash you are welcome!

Kovalev27 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:23 AM
  #877
rick063092
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Seeing Hagelin flying around the ice again, I'm freaking pumped for this season to start....agreed, too many commercials and Trautwig...

rick063092 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:27 AM
  #878
wolfgaze
Interesting Cat
 
wolfgaze's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,047
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick063092 View Post
Seeing Hagelin flying around the ice again, I'm freaking pumped for this season to start....agreed, too many commercials and Trautwig...
I'm DVRing it and going to start watching it in a little while so I can fast forward through all the commercials....

wolfgaze is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:30 AM
  #879
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,491
vCash: 300
Lol Hagelin

"I'm so tired, yo"

JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:32 AM
  #880
Melrose_Jr.
Registered User
 
Melrose_Jr.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Providence, RI
Country: United States
Posts: 10,692
vCash: 500
No stream for this, huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
Well when plenty of other teams are giving out discounts on merchandise and concessions.....
All of which are funded by the big 10 fan bases. Congrats NYR fans. Now you're not only propping up unsustainable franchises, you're also buying their "fans" dinner.

Melrose_Jr. is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:35 AM
  #881
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,488
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
All of which are funded by the big 10 fan bases. Congrats NYR fans. Now you're not only propping up unsustainable franchises, you're also buying their "fans" dinner.
Can I write that off?

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:38 AM
  #882
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melrose_Jr. View Post
No stream for this, huh?



All of which are funded by the big 10 fan bases. Congrats NYR fans. Now you're not only propping up unsustainable franchises, you're also buying their "fans" dinner.
I'm a Ranger fan that relocated to Nashville last year. I've been looking for about an hour - no stream that I can locate. Bummer.

NYR1967 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:40 AM
  #883
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
OCD, one cool dude? LOL Al...

RangersFan is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:42 AM
  #884
JeffMangum
A Love Supreme
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 54,491
vCash: 300
Henrik Lundqvist is certainly OCD, one cool dude.


JeffMangum is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:46 AM
  #885
Ail
k.
 
Ail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Mysidia
Country: United States
Posts: 15,920
vCash: 500
Hahahaha, someone will change their username to onecooldude.

Ail is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:00 AM
  #886
rick063092
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
I'm a Ranger fan that relocated to Nashville last year. I've been looking for about an hour - no stream that I can locate. Bummer.
Going to the Ryman for a couple of concerts in April, staying at Hilton a block away..any bars etc. that are a must do?

rick063092 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
  #887
RangersFan
Registered User
 
RangersFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: LA, CA & NY, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 6,658
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to RangersFan Send a message via MSN to RangersFan
nash to gabby, goal, what a shot. hope we see some of that in games.

RangersFan is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
  #888
rick063092
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
If you took Miccheletti and the over on "quick release" congrats you're a winner...he's in mid-season form...

rick063092 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:24 AM
  #889
NYR1967
Registered User
 
NYR1967's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: New York, N.Y.
Country: United States
Posts: 626
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rick063092 View Post
Going to the Ryman for a couple of concerts in April, staying at Hilton a block away..any bars etc. that are a must do?
To be honest, I just bought a house here at the end of August and then pretty much immediately went back to work (I'm a touring musician), so I haven't had the time to explore Nashville as much as I would like.

Basically the downtown area where the Ryman is consists of a long string of bars that have amateur country bands playing in them - very touristy, but a good way to kill an evening, and you should probably bar hop a bit just to say you did it. Once you're sick of that, I would recommend going to Broadway Brewhouse if you want to stay close to the hotel - lots of tap and bottled beer, good atmosphere, mix of young and older people. Aside from that, it's the usual stuff you would expect to find in a small city (Hooters, Hard Rock etc).

East Nashville, where I am, is the closest thing Nashville has to the East Village or (ugh) Williamsburg. The hipster overload can be a little annoying, but there are some decent bars and restaurants in this area. Beyond the Edge is a pretty laid back sports bar with decent bar grub, and if you don't like it, there are a ton of other options right around it. The Pharmacy has excellent burgers, Rosepepper Cantina has really good Chile Verde, and Family Wash is a great place to see bands that aren't bar bands playing for the tourist crowd. The Gerst Haus, though technically in East Nashville, is a short walk over the river from downtown and has some nice beers brewed on the premises and decent but VERY filling German food.

Close to the 12th Ave south Neighborhood, I would HIGHLY recommend going to La Hacienda Taqueria - 2615 Nolensville Road - and ordering the Molcajete - possibly the best thing I have ever put into my head hole. It's a drive from downtown, and nothing else over here really worth investigating, but worth the drive imho.

The West End neighborhood, near Vanderbilt University is VERY collegiate - I'm 45, so I tend to avoid this neighborhood, but I've been once or twice and there are decent bars and restaurants, but I'm not familiar enough to give you specifics, but there is a Ruth's Chris, which is always very good.

I would avoid Italian food like the plague in Nashville - having grown up in Brooklyn, it's not even worth the effort to try and find a decent Italian place or Pizza place.

Another place you should try and get to is Hog Heaven - 115 27th Avenue North - a tiny little shack that is a drive from downtown, but their BBQ sandwiches are incredible.

Hope this helps!

NYR1967 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:41 AM
  #890
turcotte8
Registered User
 
turcotte8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,869
vCash: 500
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-2013/...s-in-practice/

On MSG, Dave Maloney says that Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 straight shots in a shootout/penalty shot drill at the end of practice earlier in the week.

Rick Nash finally beat Lundqvist with a backhand.

turcotte8 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:43 AM
  #891
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,488
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-2013/...s-in-practice/

On MSG, Dave Maloney says that Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 straight shots in a shootout/penalty shot drill at the end of practice earlier in the week.

Rick Nash finally beat Lundqvist with a backhand.
That's very impressive. It should be noted that its probably not the equivalent of of stopping 31 straight in the regular season, because he likely faced Bickel, Eminger, Rupp, Asham, Segal etc. Still incredible though.

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
  #892
Clowes Line
Cally's Chicken Parm
 
Clowes Line's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: New Yawk
Country: United States
Posts: 12,544
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by turcotte8 View Post
http://snyrangersblog.com/2012-2013/...s-in-practice/

On MSG, Dave Maloney says that Henrik Lundqvist stopped 31 straight shots in a shootout/penalty shot drill at the end of practice earlier in the week.


Rick Nash finally beat Lundqvist with a backhand.
My God.

Clowes Line is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
  #893
pwoz
Registered User
 
pwoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,452
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
That's very impressive. It should be noted that its probably not the equivalent of of stopping 31 straight in the regular season, because he likely faced Bickel, Eminger, Rupp, Asham, Segal etc. Still incredible though.
Who knows which one of them could pull of a Malik?

pwoz is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
  #894
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
31 is pretty incredible. He faced gabby, Nash, Richie, Cally, and stepan at least once, maybe twice.

I also predict that 31 will be the number of wins Lundqvist will get this season.

The streak will continue.

You heard it here first.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
  #895
Brian Boyle
portnor, pls
 
Brian Boyle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,488
vCash: 659
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
31 is pretty incredible. He faced gabby, Nash, Richie, Cally, and stepan at least once, maybe twice.

I also predict that 31 will be the number of wins Lundqvist will get this season.

The streak will continue.

You heard it here first.
How many games are you predicting he will start?

Brian Boyle is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
  #896
Bleed Ranger Blue
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 14,627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriks Broadway Hat View Post
31 is pretty incredible. He faced gabby, Nash, Richie, Cally, and stepan at least once, maybe twice.

I also predict that 31 will be the number of wins Lundqvist will get this season.

The streak will continue.

You heard it here first.
The more incredible feat is that Richards somehow got out of bed with the flu and was able to participate in a shootout.

Bleed Ranger Blue is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
  #897
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by -31- View Post
How many games are you predicting he will start?
31. Duh.



Maybe he starts around 36-38? That's just below 80%. He played 62 last year, which is just below 76%.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
  #898
Rangers Fail
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Rangers Fail's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: NY
Country: United States
Posts: 17,486
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The more incredible feat is that Richards somehow got out of bed with the flu and was able to participate in a shootout.
He sounded pretty good in yesterday's interview. Teams usually isolate guys with the flu so that it doesn't spread.

Rangers Fail is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:00 PM
  #899
rick063092
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 39
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYR1967 View Post
To be honest, I just bought a house here at the end of August and then pretty much immediately went back to work (I'm a touring musician), so I haven't had the time to explore Nashville as much as I would like.

Basically the downtown area where the Ryman is consists of a long string of bars that have amateur country bands playing in them - very touristy, but a good way to kill an evening, and you should probably bar hop a bit just to say you did it. Once you're sick of that, I would recommend going to Broadway Brewhouse if you want to stay close to the hotel - lots of tap and bottled beer, good atmosphere, mix of young and older people. Aside from that, it's the usual stuff you would expect to find in a small city (Hooters, Hard Rock etc).

East Nashville, where I am, is the closest thing Nashville has to the East Village or (ugh) Williamsburg. The hipster overload can be a little annoying, but there are some decent bars and restaurants in this area. Beyond the Edge is a pretty laid back sports bar with decent bar grub, and if you don't like it, there are a ton of other options right around it. The Pharmacy has excellent burgers, Rosepepper Cantina has really good Chile Verde, and Family Wash is a great place to see bands that aren't bar bands playing for the tourist crowd. The Gerst Haus, though technically in East Nashville, is a short walk over the river from downtown and has some nice beers brewed on the premises and decent but VERY filling German food.

Close to the 12th Ave south Neighborhood, I would HIGHLY recommend going to La Hacienda Taqueria - 2615 Nolensville Road - and ordering the Molcajete - possibly the best thing I have ever put into my head hole. It's a drive from downtown, and nothing else over here really worth investigating, but worth the drive imho.

The West End neighborhood, near Vanderbilt University is VERY collegiate - I'm 45, so I tend to avoid this neighborhood, but I've been once or twice and there are decent bars and restaurants, but I'm not familiar enough to give you specifics, but there is a Ruth's Chris, which is always very good.

I would avoid Italian food like the plague in Nashville - having grown up in Brooklyn, it's not even worth the effort to try and find a decent Italian place or Pizza place.

Another place you should try and get to is Hog Heaven - 115 27th Avenue North - a tiny little shack that is a drive from downtown, but their BBQ sandwiches are incredible.

Hope this helps!
Thanks for the quick response... between pre and post show will probably just bar hop near the Ryman..

rick063092 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:02 PM
  #900
Jabroni
Moderator
The Corporate Mod
 
Jabroni's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Country: United States
Posts: 6,532
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleed Ranger Blue View Post
The more incredible feat is that Richards somehow got out of bed with the flu and was able to participate in a shootout.
Richie is back on the ice.

__________________
Jabroni is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:02 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.