HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 10:54 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuukka Time View Post
Agreed with Looch's post. It's just common sense, people.

Having said that, the street scalping biz is going to be interesting this year. I've never been a big fan of buying my tix that way in a normal year; but in a year with no hard tickets and only pieces of paper floating around, there's just no way I can see myself going that route.

I hear ya. I believe there will be a higher rate of copied/fake tickets floating around. But the guys who work the street are not going to intentionally sell fake tickets. I'm not saying that one of them won't accidentally buy a fake pair of paper tickets from a guy looking for some drug money or what not. But they will not intentionally be scamming people. The same guys work every game. They know word would get out and NO ONE would buy from the if they screwed people.

If I have extra's when I go to games, I generally sell to the scalpers. I may try for 5 mins to see if I can sell directly a buyer. But after that I'm not sticking around to work the street. I'm happy to take (hopefully) 75 cents on the dollar of whatever he is going to sell for. The majority of the time I had extras last year they were paper print outs. It didn't make a difference. They sold them right along side the hard tickets.

01-17-2013, 10:57 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Stupid question but is "scalping " legal in Boston? Sorry i'm cluless on this subject.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
dtam83

vCash: 50
^nope, but they don't really enforce it

Old
01-17-2013, 11:04 AM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergyMeister View Post
Stupid question but is "scalping " legal in Boston? Sorry i'm cluless on this subject.
Only if you are a licensed tickets broker. You simply have to pay a fee to the state and you are good to go.

Drive 30 mins north to the great Live Free or Die state, and no license is required This said, cops see scalpers selling tickets n Causeway on a routine basis...the scalping laws are not enforced.

I always liken selling tickets above face in MA to driving 70mph in a 65 on the highway. When is the last time you got pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit? Granted, some probably want the speed limit strictly enforced. Just like some what the scalping laws strictly enforced.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:13 AM
NASCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
Only if you are a licensed tickets broker. You simply have to pay a fee to the state and you are good to go.

Drive 30 mins north to the great Live Free or Die state, and no license is required This said, cops see scalpers selling tickets n Causeway on a routine basis...the scalping laws are not enforced.

I always liken selling tickets above face in MA to driving 70mph in a 65 on the highway. When is the last time you got pulled over for going 5mph over the speed limit? Granted, some probably want the speed limit strictly enforced. Just like some what the scalping laws strictly enforced.
Sold Stanley Cup Finals tickets to off-duty cop. I've flipped tickets for cops. They know the deal.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by schmautzy View Post
I just feel sorry for these poor college students and also the single parent who wants to take their kid to his/her first Bruins game this Saturday night.
I wish they would just forgive all the student loans so these pennyless kids could enjoy a Bs game and possibly have a beer or two.
The real and true fans will eventually win when this team goes in the tank.
I remember a few years ago when there were some $10 seats . I am not talking 50 years ago. When I first started postiing here there were.

Also before Thanksgiving you could buy one ticket / get one free.

"Real" fans are not just the people who attend the games. There are many "real" fans who can not afford to go at all but love the B's.

01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
This is the only problem I have with people who want to *****. They only want to see the yankees, rangers, heat, lakers etc. If you compare prices across the board for the entire season right now, they are cheaper than they were during this same time frame last year. Most by at least 25%. From December on last year there weren't many games you couldn't get any seat in the building for under $100. Lower level seats for a mid week game against an .500 team was running $150+.

Right now there are several options for seats around the $50 range. And lower level seats can be had for many games pretty damn close to season ticket price. Boston is a sports city. Always has been and always will be. I understand people hoping to be able to afford a reasonably priced game after a ridiculous lockout that never should have occurred. But to expect cheap tickets for OPENING NIGHT when it is on the weekend (isn't usually) and is one of the most sought after opponents on the entire schedule...it's never going to happen.

I was surprised the market for opening night wasn't higher demand right out of the gate. Where it is right now is what I expected. I know people who are still looking for Saturday night tickets don't want to hear it, but the prices right now are the same as prices were for the Saturday Rangers game in the second half of the year last season.

If you want to see a weekend game, go see the islanders on 1/25 or lightning on 2/9. If you want to see the Rangers, go see them on TUESDAY 2/12. If you want to go to a home opener, go next year vs the Panthers. If you want to ss the Rangers, on opening night, on the weekend...it will always be one of the most expensive tickets of the season.

I've seen several posts from people wondering if they should buy now for the rest of the season or buy later. They want to know if prices are going to rise. Anyone who tells you they know the right answer is full of it. It depends how the B's play, mostly.

I don't think anyone expected B's prices to get as high as they did last year. I certainly never did. But the Cup win combined with the early season win steak, sent prices through the roof...and they stayed there for the most part. The same thing could happen this year if they get on a hot streak. Then again, if they play below .500 hockey, prices may take a dip. If I had to guess they are more likely to rise. We seem to have a good young team. Chances are they are going to compete and being a contender...but nothing is certain.

Since I've now thoroughly pissed off everyone who is still looking for cheap tickets, I will offer this last bit of advise, if you do not care where you sit, and just want the cheapest lower level seats, or cheapest balcony seat, buy them last minute on day of game on Causeway. Yes, you have to deal with the scalpers. But if price is most important, this is almost always going to be your best price. And by almost always, I mean 90% of the time +. There are nice balconies that sold on the street for OPENING NIGHT last year for $100. Loges for $150. There was no opening night bigger than last year's in the history of the franchise.

One out of every 10-20 times you wait to buy on the street, you may pay a premium. But the other 90-95% of the time you are saving money, should more than make up for it. Happy buying...and selling!

signed,
The hated HFscalper
I don't hate you

Old
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
Hnidy Hnight

Im totally on board with free trade, and capitalism. Your possessions are worth what people are willing to pay, regardless of what you paid. What's the actual face value of a Ted Williams baseball card? A nickel? Would anyone expect to only pay a nickel for one? Same with the annual hottest Christmas toys. Its ok for these to be flipped on eBay for profit, but tickets are criminal?

Old
01-17-2013, 11:32 AM
SpokedLightning
3rd Line Grinder

vCash: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtam83 View Post
^nope, but they don't really enforce it
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASCL View Post
Sold Stanley Cup Finals tickets to off-duty cop. I've flipped tickets for cops. They know the deal.
thanks all. I was just curious as I've never tried to purchase tix like that. I live to far away to just go down and take a chance I can get a ticket.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:57 AM
BlackNgold 84

Quote:
This is the only problem I have with people who want to *****. They only want to see the yankees, rangers, heat, lakers etc. If you compare prices across the board for the entire season right now, they are cheaper than they were during this same time frame last year. Most by at least 25%. From December on last year there weren't many games you couldn't get any seat in the building for under $100. Lower level seats for a mid week game against an .500 team was running $150+.

Right now there are several options for seats around the $50 range. And lower level seats can be had for many games pretty damn close to season ticket price. Boston is a sports city. Always has been and always will be. I understand people hoping to be able to afford a reasonably priced game after a ridiculous lockout that never should have occurred. But to expect cheap tickets for OPENING NIGHT when it is on the weekend (isn't usually) and is one of the most sought after opponents on the entire schedule...it's never going to happen.

I was surprised the market for opening night wasn't higher demand right out of the gate. Where it is right now is what I expected. I know people who are still looking for Saturday night tickets don't want to hear it, but the prices right now are the same as prices were for the Saturday Rangers game in the second half of the year last season.

If you want to see a weekend game, go see the islanders on 1/25 or lightning on 2/9. If you want to see the Rangers, go see them on TUESDAY 2/12. If you want to go to a home opener, go next year vs the Panthers. If you want to ss the Rangers, on opening night, on the weekend...it will always be one of the most expensive tickets of the season.

I've seen several posts from people wondering if they should buy now for the rest of the season or buy later. They want to know if prices are going to rise. Anyone who tells you they know the right answer is full of it. It depends how the B's play, mostly.

I don't think anyone expected B's prices to get as high as they did last year. I certainly never did. But the Cup win combined with the early season win steak, sent prices through the roof...and they stayed there for the most part. The same thing could happen this year if they get on a hot streak. Then again, if they play below .500 hockey, prices may take a dip. If I had to guess they are more likely to rise. We seem to have a good young team. Chances are they are going to compete and being a contender...but nothing is certain.

Since I've now thoroughly pissed off everyone who is still looking for cheap tickets, I will offer this last bit of advise, if you do not care where you sit, and just want the cheapest lower level seats, or cheapest balcony seat, buy them last minute on day of game on Causeway. Yes, you have to deal with the scalpers. But if price is most important, this is almost always going to be your best price. And by almost always, I mean 90% of the time +. There are nice balconies that sold on the street for OPENING NIGHT last year for $100. Loges for $150. There was no opening night bigger than last year's in the history of the franchise.

One out of every 10-20 times you wait to buy on the street, you may pay a premium. But the other 90-95% of the time you are saving money, should more than make up for it. Happy buying...and selling!

signed,
The hated HFscalper
You're hated because you are evil, sir!!!.. evill i tell you.

Quote:

I've seen a ON duty cop scalp for tickets for his kids before a sox game a good 10 years ago when i thought they enforced it more. Its been a joke for a while though thats for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Im totally on board with free trade, and capitalism. Your possessions are worth what people are willing to pay, regardless of what you paid. What's the actual face value of a Ted Williams baseball card? A nickel? Would anyone expect to only pay a nickel for one? Same with the annual hottest Christmas toys. Its ok for these to be flipped on eBay for profit, but tickets are criminal?

I sell on stubhub similiar prices to what is being posted. I told some people what i wanted for opening night. I'm sure a few thought it was too much but looking at it now its about what the prices are going for. If you don't want to buy em, thats more than fine. I won't take it personal.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:11 PM
Looch
B's, C's & Sox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I don't hate you

Thanks Susan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post

I use those same analogies all the time. There will always be haters who see it their way though.

I get that some people don't believe in it, or don't agree with it (selling tickets for profit). I shouldn't be surprised by the extent/venom of their hate any more. I get plenty of it for posting my email here. But every now and then it does surprise me

I obviously fully agree with free enterprise. It's the american way. I don't know many people who are against the stock market though.

Companies have public stock that is traded based on how their company is projected to perform. I usually tell people that my job is most comparable to being a day trader. If anything, I see the stock market as actually being more artificial than what I do.

I'd be willing to bet the majority of the scalper haters out their own some form of stock. They project how a company is going to do, and invest in it accordingly. I do the same thing same thing with tickets. They invest in stocks, I invest in tickets. Both have a degree of risk involved. Both are legal and take a little bit of skill/knowledge to know when to buy and when to sell. The haters likely have someone managing their stocks for them who is more knowledgable of the market.

I manage my stocks/tickets myself. I suppose the only reason they think they are better than me, is because they aren't getting their hands dirty? I dunno...that's the only thing I can figure anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
You're hated because you are evil, sir!!!.. evill i tell you.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
1 of the 14448

Quote:
Where were these "real" fans when the season ticket base was under 5,000?
I was there.

I was even there, literally, in the Executive VP's for Business Affairs (#2 behind Harry Sinden) office discussing how they could get that number back up.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:04 PM
NASCL

Whatever happened to that Fan Advisory Group?

Old
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
NordicBruin91
Bleed Black & Gold

Send a message via AIM to NordicBruin91
Looking for a ticket or two for Saturday. Any low price ones available?

Old
01-17-2013, 02:03 PM
striped
Rookie User

Just managed to get 2 loge seats behind the goal for $80 each from StubHub for Monday game. So excited! Want to say thank you to that person who sold it (name's Mark) for the price I can afford!

Old
01-17-2013, 02:36 PM
OOOOIIIO
Binary

Anyone ever buy tickets from TickPick before? Never heard of them until today, but their prices are cheaper then StubHubs.

Thoughts?

Old
01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
LetEmPlay

Quote:
June 15 2011 at around 11 eastern.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:14 PM
northeastern

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Brovalchuk View Post
Anyone ever buy tickets from TickPick before? Never heard of them until today, but their prices are cheaper then StubHubs.

Thoughts?
I've never heard of it either. And I consider myself somewhat savvy on boston tickets and sites like that.

I wouldn't do it unless I found a few positive reviews you trusted or use a credit card that way it will be easier to fight if something does go wrong.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
Artemis
Took the red pill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyfan View Post
I remember a few years ago when there were some $10 seats . I am not talking 50 years ago. When I first started postiing here there were.

Also before Thanksgiving you could buy one ticket / get one free.

"Real" fans are not just the people who attend the games. There are many "real" fans who can not afford to go at all but love the B's.
That's very true. Many, many people can't afford it (even when tickets were relatively cheap) and many others live too far from or can't make it to Boston. When I was in my teens I loved the Bruins, but how was I going to get to a game? And when I was in my 20s I was too freaking poor.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:51 PM
DarrenBanks56

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post

I sell on stubhub similiar prices to what is being posted. I told some people what i wanted for opening night. I'm sure a few thought it was too much but looking at it now its about what the prices are going for. If you don't want to buy em, thats more than fine. I won't take it personal.
yup.
im going opening nite, but im not gonna be able to go again until the 29th against buf.
then Im not sure when after that because alot of the games are stupid 1pm games.
if i couldnt make it sat, Id put them on stubhub for as much as i could get.
last i checked the min was like $140 a seat.

I wouldnt feel guilty at all selling for that, especially considering what we went through this lockout with payments and refunds and such. Plus, thats not too far off from box office prices.

my biggest sell on there was game 3 of the sc finals.
our seats were $102, we sold them for like $900 a seat.

We couldnt make the game, and my buddy ( who has the other ticket) owed me from alot of the other playoff games.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

Quote:
Originally Posted by striped View Post
Just managed to get 2 loge seats behind the goal for $80 each from StubHub for Monday game. So excited! Want to say thank you to that person who sold it (name's Mark) for the price I can afford!
Great !! Welcome to the board.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
BSNY87
Rookie User

I'm also trying to get to the game Saturday. The prices don't surprise me. It's Opening Night against the Rangers. My budget for 2 tix is $250 or below and if I can't find that on online brokers sites etc I'll try my luck with the fine gentlemen outside the Garden.

I'm sure I can grab two for less than $250 an hour before puck drop.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
last I heard they resolved pretty much all concerns including suggestions to Chiarelli how to build the team. That was back in 2009 not sure if there suggestions worked but they did win a Cup, have sellouts, and made many good suggestions that are now implemented

maybe if they suck again they'll bring it back

to be honest, the Red Sox really need this but Larry Lucchino would never go for it

Old
01-17-2013, 08:17 PM
kman22

Best guess, do people think beanpot tickets will get way cheaper as February gets closer.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:35 PM
dafoomie
Eat Mor Chikin

Send a message via AIM to dafoomie
They went on sale already? God damn it! I swear every year that I'll buy them the minute they go on sale but they manage to hide exactly when they go on sale every time.

They'll only get more expensive from here.

Closed Thread