HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Notices

Goalies waived

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 11:19 AM
  #1
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Goalies waived

Who is your back up goalie? Bobby Mac tweeted you waived both Karlsson and Irving. Possible trade?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:21 AM
  #2
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Ortio appears to be the only one left under contract. Unless they're signing Brossoit (or trading or picking another goalie up off waivers) ?

Very confusing move by Feaster, but I never have any idea what is going through that guy's head. Also, he didn't even say hi to me when I wished him good luck this season before the Subway Super Series game in Victoria. Jerk ...

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:22 AM
  #3
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Who is your back up goalie? Bobby Mac tweeted you waived both Karlsson and Irving. Possible trade?


Linkage please...our backup is supposed to be one of those two, unless Brust is getting a chance, or Ramo is coming over.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:25 AM
  #4
berto14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
More waivers: Blunden, St. Denis (MTL). Byron, Carson, Irving, Karlsson (CGY), Connor, C Johnson, N Johnson, Klinkhammer, Rechlicz (PHX).
https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/s...56629694464000

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  #5
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
Really strange....

Option 1: Trade of some sort.

Option 2: Signing Brust.

Option 3: Signing Ramo.

Should get interesting..

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:26 AM
  #6
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Sorry don't know how to link to twitter. It's on the main page too. Very interesting.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:30 AM
  #7
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Wonder if we could get a mod to change the title to Irving & Karlsson Waived...

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  #8
DBU
Bruinwagoner
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,681
vCash: 50
This is quite confusing... I thought for sure it was going to be one of these guys. Who else could it be? Maybe Ramo is coming over sooner than we though...?

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:35 AM
  #9
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Deleted.


Last edited by oilers4life5: 01-17-2013 at 11:41 AM.
oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:36 AM
  #10
Signature
Disreputable User
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 50
Well, this IS interesting. With three days to go before the Flames' opening night, who's playing backup? Or is Kiprusoff saying, "**** it, it's only 48 games, I can play the entire thing, have them develop in the AHL"?

But really, this points to a trade or a signing of Ramo. I think seeing Ramo is more likely, especially if Hartley has ever seen Ramo play in the KHL while he was coaching in the Swiss leagues.

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
  #11
berto14
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Looks like Bobby Mac is now saying Irving is not on waivers. Sorry for the confusion. Would be nice if Bobby doubled check his tweets before sending.
He originally posted it as "Irving Leland" and later said he transposed the names... don't see anywhere that McKenzie said he's not on waivers, only that he got the first/last names wrong.

berto14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:38 AM
  #12
Money Baer
4 8 15 16 23 42
 
Money Baer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Moose Jaw, SK
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,436
vCash: 50
I think Irving won't be going down? Mistake of some sort?

Money Baer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
  #13
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Looks like Bobby Mac is now saying Irving is not on waivers. Sorry for the confusion. Would be nice if Bobby doubled check his tweets before sending.
No he just had the first and last name swapped and was correcting himself I believe. I think they were both sent down.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:39 AM
  #14
DBU
Bruinwagoner
 
DBU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,681
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by wally31 View Post
I think Irving won't be going down? Mistake of some sort?
This can't be a mistake. GMs don't make those kinds of mistakes. Something else is going on.

DBU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
  #15
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Looks like Bobby Mac is now saying Irving is not on waivers. Sorry for the confusion. Would be nice if Bobby doubled check his tweets before sending.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autograph View Post
Well, this IS interesting. With three days to go before the Flames' opening night, who's playing backup? Or is Kiprusoff saying, "**** it, it's only 48 games, I can play the entire thing, have them develop in the AHL"?

But really, this points to a trade or a signing of Ramo. I think seeing Ramo is more likely, especially if Hartley has ever seen Ramo play in the KHL while he was coaching in the Swiss leagues.
I agree with you guys my intuition tells me they are signing Ramo.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:40 AM
  #16
Signature
Disreputable User
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,252
vCash: 50
I KNEW I should have attended the Flames' open practice today. Just to listen to the hearsay on the ice...

Signature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
  #17
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by berto14 View Post
He originally posted it as "Irving Leland" and later said he transposed the names... don't see anywhere that McKenzie said he's not on waivers, only that he got the first/last names wrong.
You are correct. Sorry for the confusion. Both goalies still on waivers.

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:44 AM
  #18
SickHandsNoShot
Registered User
 
SickHandsNoShot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 273
vCash: 500
This is really wierd. Maybe they are hoping one gets picked up, so that they can sign Taylor or Brust... Or that whoever doesnt get picked up gets the backup job... But I can't see them leaving this up to chance.

SickHandsNoShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
  #19
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by SickHandsNoShot View Post
This is really wierd. Maybe they are hoping one gets picked up, so that they can sign Taylor or Brust... Or that whoever doesnt get picked up gets the backup job... But I can't see them leaving this up to chance.
I was thinking maybe it was to clear space for an unrelated trade. Still, yeah leaving it to chance seems awfully strange.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
  #20
Oilercreeper
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Posts: 217
vCash: 500
Good one FEASTER! You better have a good plan for this one.....

Oilercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
  #21
Ynnek
Registered User
 
Ynnek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,048
vCash: 177
I wonder if anyone will put a claim in. This is a strange move.

Ynnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
  #22
oilers4life5
Registered User
 
oilers4life5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: City of Champions
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,324
vCash: 500
Maybe you are getting a backup along with another piece in a trade? Did you guys want an upgrade at backup?

oilers4life5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
  #23
n00bxQb
Registered User
 
n00bxQb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,015
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ynnek View Post
I wonder if anyone will put a claim in. This is a strange move.
The Islanders have been snapping up players on waivers like crazy. I fully expect them to claim Irving. Leafs may also put in a waiver claim.

n00bxQb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
  #24
HighLifeMan
HFB Partner
 
HighLifeMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,831
vCash: 152
It's called giving your team flexibility. Neither has taken the bull by the horns in training camp, so a little kick in the rear end is never a bad idea.

They have yet to decide who the backup will be, and this gives them the opportunity to freely send one of them down when they make a decision.

If one gets claimed then great we have found our backup for the season.

HighLifeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
  #25
InfinityIggy
Inflammatory Poster
 
InfinityIggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Calgary, AB
Country: Canada
Posts: 10,628
vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Maybe you are getting a backup along with another piece in a trade? Did you guys want an upgrade at backup?
Most Flames here thought Irving or Karlsson would fight for the spot. I can't imagine what backup we would want in a trade...There was talking of giving Brust a call up though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00bxQb View Post
The Islanders have been snapping up players on waivers like crazy. I fully expect them to claim Irving. Leafs may also put in a waiver claim.
Sigh, you are probably right. Would not be surprised if Irving is gone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighLifeMan View Post
It's called giving your team flexibility. Neither has taken the bull by the horns in training camp, so a little kick in the rear end is never a bad idea.

They have yet to decide who the backup will be, and this gives them the opportunity to freely send one of them down when they make a decision.

If one gets claimed then great we have found our backup for the season.
Good point, but if they are both claimed?

Also choosing a backup based on a process of who doesn't get picked up on waiver is a ****ing stupid idea.

So we are going to go with whichever backup is deemed worse by the NHL as a collective? How is that a logical plan lol.

InfinityIggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:16 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.