HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

*ALL* Luongo Talk (News/Speculation/Rumors/Proposals) ‎

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
LPH
[hello] :)

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by htpwn View Post
If its all about Gardiner, then the return better be all about Kesler.
Gardiner isn't worth Kesler, but nice try

Old
01-17-2013, 11:46 AM
MikeK

vCash: 8000
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
Plus they have Khabby to mentor him as well. A totally different situation than Toronto where Reimer really struggled last year.
Agreed.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:47 AM
93gilmour93

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKassian9 View Post
Gillis never wanted Kadri, nor did any Canucks fan. It's all about Gardiner.

Gardiner, Reimer(backup), 2nd
For
Lu, Sauve, Alberts(depth), 3rd
How do you know gillis wouldn't want kadri?

Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by live playoff hockey View Post
Hey. I was expecting a Bozak and Kadri offer for Kesler! At least we're making some progress here.

Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
Because he wants NHL players

Old
Didact
Nonis lost his mind

no chance Luongo can get dealt to the Leafs this season. Hopefully this nonsense can end for this season.

Old
ZKassian9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeK View Post
IDk, Dubnyk looked real good at the Spengler Cup. He's a big young goalie who has definitely paid his dues and worked his way up the right way. Why wouldn't they give him the chance? I totally believe Tambo.
Yeah, believe Tambo, Edm has done so well under him. Last, last and last. All while losing entry level years off his rookies and his teenagers suffering serious injuries. Dubnyk has accomplished nothing at any level.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:49 AM
93gilmour93

Quote:
Because he wants NHL players
So what your saying is you know nothing,

Old
htpwn

Quote:
I never said straight-up, but the concept isn't terribly difficult. If Gardiner goes to the Canucks, Kesler better be coming back.

You will not get a 22-year-old all-rookie defenseman for a 33-year-old goalie with 10 years left on his contract.

Old
Kass Effect

vCash: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stats01 View Post
Yet you guys were quite comfortable putting EDM as a possible destination trying to prove that there's more interest lol. Time for you guys to wake up and get back to reality.
The one where:

-Luongo says he's fine playing in Van until something gets worked out?
-Canucks have a great team and have the depth to deal with injuries?
-Have the capspace to roll with both goalies?
-Gillis has full trust from ownership?
-Luongo is on track to crack the top-10 alltime wins for a goalie, and likely enter the HHOF?
-Cap-circumventing contracts are illegal because they give unfair advantage?
-Its possible another team(s) become interested because their own goaltending doesn't work out?
-Toronto is more desperate to win than Vancouver?

Old
01-17-2013, 11:50 AM
Stats01

Quote:
that is just plain false. I understand the fact that you guys drafted him and wanted to see what you have in Kadri, but the notion that a deal would be Luongo + for Kadri is downright laughable
It's laughable, but yet there is Luongo still in Vancouver. Prices are just too high, it's gotta change or your stuck with him.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:51 AM
ZKassian9

Quote:
Originally Posted by 93gilmour93 View Post
I'm sure he wouldn't mind him, but Leafs overvalue him. Offensive dmen is the Canucks organization weak spot. Gardiner or Rielly or the deal isn't getting done. Not saying straight up, could be a bigger package.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:52 AM
Stats01

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProspectProphet View Post
The one where:

-Luongo is on track to crack the top-10 alltime wins for a goalie, and likely enter the HHOF?
-Its possible another team(s) become interested because their own goaltending doesn't work out?
Toronto is not more desperate to win, Luongo is willing to stick it out this year but what up the summer when the cap goes down, value dips even more. Canucks have depth to deal with injuries..ok sure if thats what you call Ebbett lol.

Old
TML g u n n e R s*
EDC 2013

Send a message via MSN to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Yahoo to TML g u n n e R s* Send a message via Skype™ to TML g u n n e R s*
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZKassian9 View Post
I'm sure he wouldn't mind him, but Leafs overvalue him. Offensive dmen is the Canucks organization weak spot. Gardiner or Rielly or the deal isn't getting done. Not saying straight up, could be a bigger package.
To bad thats never happening

Old
vanwest

Quote:
It's laughable, but yet there is Luongo still in Vancouver. Prices are just too high, it's gotta change or your stuck with him.
We'll just muddle through with our Jennings winning duo then.

Old
Skead

Quote:
IDk, Dubnyk looked real good at the Spengler Cup. He's a big young goalie who has definitely paid his dues and worked his way up the right way. Why wouldn't they give him the chance? I totally believe Tambo.
They don't have any other choice, they have to give him the chance. The question remains would they jump on the opportunity to change him out.

I have a feeling they would; especially what reporters have been saying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wizeman View Post
I remember when GLEN HANLON was drafted. You arent in much of a position to tell me what a Canuck fan is , when I have been following the team TWENTY YEARS before you were born.

I can understand you are upset because I wrote something you disagree with. As far as Schneider goes, he stated before he even extended his new contract he deserved to be the starter and he had earned it . Put in his time etc.........I guess you missed all that.

All of the trade proposals -that never end up happening- have all been talked out months ago, and all that is left is the Leafs going with the goaltending they have now and the canucks still stuck with Luongo and his massive contract.

If he had offered the Lightning Luongo for Ryan Malone he would have been gone months ago. Gillis needs to stop thinking he can get young quality players and or picks for his aging goalie without a starting job.

He would have been traded long ago if that was realistic. I say lets move on . Trade him for another good aging player with a long contract. Ryan Malone would help us and his contract aint that bad.
I'm not upset; I just think as a Canucks fan that's been following as long as you have should know there hasn't been any issues whatsoever in the dressing room about Luongo / Schneider, it's a rare relationship where they both (in my opinion) help each other to raise their game to the absolute best they can in a "no-drama" way.

I agree it's time to move on, but don't agree with giving him away especially that goalies play much longer and can perform well into the late 30's (Broduer, Thomas, Heck even Khabby had moments, in addition to Roloson).

It's a matter of patience, if Gillis is willing to wait for a team that wants Luongo's for more than a low pick and a "B" Prospect, then I am happy to wait.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:53 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Yet you guys were quite comfortable putting EDM as a possible destination trying to prove that there's more interest lol. Time for you guys to wake up and get back to reality.
In all fairness, Edmonton fans have said the upgrade would be useful. Whether that has them on a list or not I have no idea, but even Toronto's interest is speculative given comments from Burke, Nonis, Anselmi, Gillis and even Luongo.

Quote:
Making up these silly things in your head about what if the Leafs still trade for Luongo while getting rid of Connolly and Lombardi HARDI HAR HAR..it's ridiculous..Come on
Is that a Gob Bluth reference?

Seriously though, I think you think Canucks fans are way too into this entire "hate the Leafs" ideal. Most of us are happy keeping Lu for the shortened season, one team out the 15 or 20 where Luongo would be a big upgrade will get desperate eventually. Happens every year. If it's Toronto...great I guess (well, not for you guys), but my money, as well as Nash's and The Kassian Train's, has been on "elsewhere" when asked about Luongo to Toronto. A lot of Leafs fans are going that way now too.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:54 AM
FakeKidPoker*

Luongo entering the hall of fame?

um... LOL.

Need alot more then a few wins as a goalie to get in.

Luongo has no Vezinas or Cups.

He is Curtis Joseph and CuJo ain't getting in.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:55 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Toronto is not more desperate to win, Luongo is willing to stick it out this year but what up the summer when the cap goes down, value dips even more. Canucks have depth to deal with injuries..ok sure if thats what you call Ebbett lol.
Now you're stretching. If the offer was Bozak plus what ever then there is little risk to the Canucks hanging onto Luongo. On the plus we have two great goalies. On the minus we miss out on Bozak to play on our third line. A pretty low risk, IMO.

Old
Samzilla

vCash: 934
Quote:
The one where:

If there's one thing we know, it's that Toronto's not desperate to win in the least. And from some posts in here, it actually seems like they're desperate to lose to get a 1st or 2nd overall. Face it, everybody wants to rebuild like Edmonton these days.

Old
madmike77

Quote:
The one where:

I'd dispute those two.

For depth, look at Van's 2nd line to start the year.

And finally Van needs to win within the Sedins' window. They're in their early 30s now so that window won't be open too long.

Toronto isn't desperate to win at all. The fans know they're not great and expect pretty much nothing.

Currently there's a lot more pressure on the Canucks to win than the Leafs.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:56 AM
Cogburn

Quote:
Just going to go on record here. Kadri might be more valuable, but even lowly Andrew Ebbett has proven more at the NHL level then Kadri has. Or Colborne. Or any Leafs forward prospect. It's not all about youth, although, we have Schroeder from the same draft as Kadri ready to fill in too.

Besides, if Kadri still isn't ready, Nonis just moved both viable veteran center options to replace him. So...risk?

Old
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeKidPoker View Post
Luongo entering the hall of fame?

um... LOL.

Need alot more then a few wins as a goalie to get in.

Luongo has no Vezinas or Cups.

He is Curtis Joseph and CuJo ain't getting in.
Who cares if he gets in the Hall.
He's a good goalie.

Old
MikeK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skead View Post
They don't have any other choice, they have to give him the chance. The question remains would they jump on the opportunity to change him out.

I have a feeling they would; especially what reporters have been saying.
Reporters don't know a thing. Shannon all but proved that with his "Luongo to T.O. is done" BS. For over a month has claimed that.

As far as EDM and Dubnyk goes. They have more assets then most teams in the league. If they truly wanted another option in goal it wouldn't be too hard for then to make it happen. Seems like you're only believing what you want to believe and dismissing the reality of the situation.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:58 AM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmike77 View Post
[/B]

I'd dispute those two.

For depth, look at Van's 2nd line to start the year.

And finally Van needs to win within the Sedins' window. They're in their early 30s now so that window won't be open too long.

Toronto isn't desperate to win at all. The fans know they're not great and expect pretty much nothing.

Currently there's a lot more pressure on the Canucks to win than the Leafs.
Agreed. I want a team that tries to win every year. I hope Gillis feels pressure to win. We went through a lot of years too when winning was not expected. Gillis has changed the whole culture of the team.

Closed Thread