HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Edmonton Oilers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Proposal Thread: Part X Rated Rumors

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 12:15 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Okanagan Oil View Post
Potter for Thornburn.
Thorburn is a pretty usefull player and I don't see him being moved for a #7 defenseman. I don't know what APG stands for, but I'm guessing that's the source of the rumour. I'm also guessing that the Oilers would prefer a pick for Potter since there was another rumour where Tambo didn't want a player coming back in a potential Omark deal.

01-17-2013, 12:19 PM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

vCash: 500
Can or should we pick up either Henrik Karlsson or Leland Irving? At worst, they're serviceable AHL players, and they've still both got some potential. Any idea on why the Flames went crazy on that? Who's their backup for Kipper... Iginla?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:20 PM
McDangler97
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nofool6110 View Post
Can or should we pick up either Henrik Karlsson or Leland Irving? At worst, they're serviceable AHL players, and they've still both got some potential. Any idea on why the Flames went crazy on that? Who's their backup for Kipper... Iginla?
I believe they have 2 top goalies in the AHL. That might be why?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
misfit
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Originally Posted by joestevens29 View Post
Maybe I'm a little mixed up, but wasn't Zajac suppose to be named captain? Kinda one of the reasons he was so valuable?
I don't think Zajac's deal is even all that bad. He's their #1C, their best player after Kovalchuk, and they have very little in the way of quality coming down the pipe (not to mention no 1st round pick this year). They really couldn't risk the chance of losing him in the free agent market.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:21 PM
Draiskull

vCash: 777
Quote:
You cant pick up players for AHL.. The whole point of waivers is to give these players a shot at NHL..
The person you pick plays on your NHL club.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:22 PM
Mcnofool6110
#bringbacktheTeddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugie Boy View Post
I believe they have 2 top goalies in the AHL. That might be why?
Right... Butler? Brust? or something...

Eh. I don't plan to make sense of the Flames.

^At the comment above, that makes much more sense. My bad - I thought they were up in the big club and being assigned down to the A. Should read more.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:23 PM
joestevens29

vCash: 2627
Quote:
Unless you think one is better than Bulin you don't pick them up. You can't just send them to OKC, they'd have to clear waivers again.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:24 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by misfit View Post
I don't think Zajac's deal is even all that bad. He's their #1C, their best player after Kovalchuk, and they have very little in the way of quality coming down the pipe (not to mention no 1st round pick this year). They really couldn't risk the chance of losing him in the free agent market.
So was horcoff and look how well that turned out.

I know they were in tough, but just because he's your #1 doesn't mean you give a deal like a #1 center should get.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:25 PM
Draiskull

Quote:
Zajac deal is a lot like the Horcoff deal.. Both were #1C of their respective clubs.. both unproven offensively but are preceived to be hard working\ solid 2-way \ good on faceoffs \ future leaders by the GM..

Old
01-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Asher

Quote:
Assuming he can stay healthy I think he'll be fine for the next 3-4 years. It's after that that I see the **** hitting the fan.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:28 PM
Draiskull

Quote:
So was horcoff and look how well that turned out.

I know they were in tough, but just because he's your #1 doesn't mean you give a deal like a #1 center should get.
Zajac ala Horcoff would be overpaid by ~2M\yr the last half of his contract but should still be a serviceable 3rd liner also ala Horcoff.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:29 PM
Bryanbryoil
Magician

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnicks17 View Post
It's the Palmieri in Anaheim, Kyle, who looks like a solid prospect.

Nick isn't all that good.
I'd definitely put in a claim for Nick, he's a good transitional player who could turn into a good top 9 NHLer. He has size and good hands. I was quite impressed with him in his games against OKC this season. Claim him and send Paajarvi down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 402 View Post
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Elkins (ANA). Yonkman, Wright, Caruso (FLA). Pelech, McCarthy, Kearns (SJ). Plante, Byers, House (EDM). Porter, Tarnasky, Pardy (BUF).
@TSNBobMcKenzie: Smith, Holzapfel, Peters, Reese, Grant, Phil Dupuis, Strait, Ferriero (PIT). Anderson, Frazee, Leach, Sestito, Wiseman, Zalewski (NJD).
@TSNBobMcKenzie: More waiver(s): Santorelli (FLA). Everybody put on waivers yesterday except Keith Aucoin (TOR to NYI) cleared.

Sorry posted to soon more guys up for grabs
Santorelli has been in the NHL the last 2 years has he not?

01-17-2013, 12:33 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petro Points View Post
Zajac ala Horcoff would be overpaid by ~2M\yr the last half of his contract but should still be a serviceable 3rd liner also ala Horcoff.
What good is that? Especially with the lack of being able to bury guys?

The worse thing is on these long deals you expect a player to drop towards the end, but you also expect that somewhere down the line you are going to get a player that plays better than his cap hit. When exactly is that going to happen?

Old
01-17-2013, 12:43 PM
Draiskull

Quote:
What good is that? Especially with the lack of being able to bury guys?

The worse thing is on these long deals you expect a player to drop towards the end, but you also expect that somewhere down the line you are going to get a player that plays better than his cap hit. When exactly is that going to happen?
The good is that they dont lost Zajac to free agency like Parise after this season.. It will also help Henrique and Josefson develop some more before moving up the depth chart. With Elias\Zubrus\Brodeur close to retirement, NJ will have plenty of cap space.

The bad , If Henrique outperforms Zajac this year, he will look for a big contract after this season as well.

Old
01-17-2013, 12:58 PM
OilerTyler
Fire MacT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Bravo View Post
Jets interested in potter APG! looooool
Get it done Tambo.

I'll drive him to the airport.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:08 PM
belair

vCash: 68
Quote:
I don't understand why SJ traded Mashinter. He cleared waivers so why not keep him in the minors until you need him?

Is he just that overrated or did Wilson just throw this kid a bone?
Apparently he was having a **** season in the A and San Jose was done with him. I assume that trade was all about roster management.

Quote:
Originally Posted by oilers4life5 View Post
Who is the backup in Calgary?
Karri Ramo.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:11 PM
Asher

Quote:
Originally Posted by OilerTyler View Post
Get it done Tambo.

I'll drive him to the airport.
I'm no big fan of Potter's but if and when someone gets injured who are you bringing in? Teubert? Peckham? Plante?

Old
01-17-2013, 01:14 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asher View Post
I'm no big fan of Potter's but if and when someone gets injured who are you bringing in? Teubert? Peckham? Plante?
Depending on what their plan is, if they still want to go with 7 d-men once Peckham is healthy than someone goes on waivers. Maybe they just figure they can get something for one of potter/peckham now, so take it.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:15 PM
MisterD
5-14-6-1

Quote:
Peckham is capable of filling in on a short term basis, assuming he's healthy.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:18 PM
Asher

Quote:
Depending on what their plan is, if they still want to go with 7 d-men once Peckham is healthy than someone goes on waivers. Maybe they just figure they can get something for one of potter/peckham now, so take it.
They need someone who can move the puck a bit. They barely have 3 guys like that now. Potter is a perfect #7 for this team.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:22 PM
joestevens29

Quote:
They need someone who can move the puck a bit. They barely have 3 guys like that now. Potter is a perfect #7 for this team.
I really have nothing against Potter as a #7, but if they are going to lose one of the two for nothing just take what you can for whoever.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:29 PM
belair

vCash: 68
Quote:
It really isn't.

The term is just so tough to swallow. And the Horcoff comparisons are rightly so.

Much like the Hemsky deal, he was only given a small raise on his previous season's salary. So it's difficult to criticize his paycheque at this point in time. But the fact that we've got 8 years to assess it makes it all the more likely that it could make Lamorello look foolish in the longterm.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:32 PM
Pennertration

Quote:
I actually would like to see the Oilers pick up one of those guys. Irving still has potential and I think Karlsson is a decent backup. Couldn't we waive Khabibulin or, if his injury is bad, put him on LTIR?

Old
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
The Nuge
Global Moderator
Some Say...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennertration View Post
I actually would like to see the Oilers pick up one of those guys. Irving still has potential and I think Karlsson is a decent backup. Couldn't we waive Khabibulin or, if his injury is bad, put him on LTIR?
Yep. I'm all for picking up Irving. The other thing is, if he sucks for us, we can simply waive him and give him back. You know Columbus won't go after him because they have Mason and Bob already, so this is a perfect opportunity to complete our goalie tandem

Old
01-17-2013, 01:45 PM
joestevens29

Kovalev makes the Panthers.

Closed Thread