HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > National Hockey League Talk > Polls - (hockey-related only)
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2

Rick Nash or Marion Gaborik?

View Poll Results: well
Nash 51 37.50%
Gaborik 85 62.50%
Voters: 136. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 01:53 PM
  #1
Puckgenius*
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: At the rink
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,558
vCash: 500
Rick Nash or Marion Gaborik?

Who will have more goals this year? Has it been determined that Nash plays with Richards and Gaborik with Stephan cause Gaborik has no chemistry with Richards? Gaborik is the better goal scorer, even playing on the 2nd line he still put up 41 goals last year playing with Stefan/Anisimov.

Puckgenius* is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:57 PM
  #2
Le Magnifique 66
Let's Go Pens
 
Le Magnifique 66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Montreal
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,258
vCash: 500
Rick Nash

Le Magnifique 66 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 02:20 PM
  #3
Affinity
Registered User
 
Affinity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Toms River, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 7,070
vCash: 500
What is up with all the Rick Nash threads... There's 3 right next to each other right now!

Went with Gaborik, he's a better goalscorer and already has established chemistry with Stepan, Nash might take a bit to settle in with Richards. Won't be too sad with either outcome

Affinity is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
  #4
bp spec
Registered User
 
bp spec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 9,941
vCash: 50
Nash

bp spec is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
  #5
Baggie
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 184
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Affinity View Post
What is up with all the Rick Nash threads...
Perhaps if we try hard enough, there will be a poll where Nash is winning...

Baggie is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:05 PM
  #6
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,203
vCash: 500
Gaborik will. Gaborik if healthy is a lock for 40 goals (full season) Nash might have a more complete game but Gaborik is vastly superior offensively.

Gaborik has consistently put up better offensive numbers on offensively dead Wild and Rangers teams that were no better than what Nash had to work with right up until last season when he finally had 2 good centers.

Nash's need for a good center to reach full potential has ultimately deemed him a complimentary player. I'm not trying to knock him, he might afterall be the best complimentary scorer in the league, we'll see what he does. But Gaborik is the offense, and doesn't need anyone to put up numbers.

Make no mistake, they can go out and get Nash and Richards to help him all they want, Marian Gaborik is the lifeblood of the New York Ranger's offense.

__________________
Official 2014-15 Dan Girardi Own Goal Tally: 0

"It's Mario Götze!" -Ian Darke
Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:11 PM
  #7
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,726
vCash: 2940
What's with all the Nash polls?

__________________
Kane One is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:21 PM
  #8
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Where any of the Nash polls started by Ranger fans?

bigbuffalo313 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:26 PM
  #9
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
Where any of the Nash polls started by Ranger fans?
Nope. Obviously everyone else just admires our big free agent signing

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  #10
Kane One
Global Moderator
🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨
 
Kane One's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Brooklyn, New NY
Country: United States
Posts: 27,726
vCash: 2940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
Nope. Obviously everyone else just admires our big free agent signing
It's funny how people use Nash as an example of how "the Rangers buy everyone," even though they traded for Nash.

Kane One is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:36 PM
  #11
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
It's funny how people use Nash as an example of how "the Rangers buy everyone," even though they traded for Nash.
We can't make trades, we have no farm system. This post is blasphemous

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:55 PM
  #12
bigbuffalo313
Registered User
 
bigbuffalo313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: New York
Country: United States
Posts: 2,681
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Machinehead View Post
We can't make trades, we have no farm system. This post is blasphemous
That is why we had to sign people like Lundqvist, Callahan, and McDonagh.


Last edited by bigbuffalo313: 01-17-2013 at 08:41 PM.
bigbuffalo313 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:57 PM
  #13
Bure All Day
Registered User
 
Bure All Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Isl.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Gaborik may be the better pure goal scorer, but I think Nash is just the better player to win a Cup with, gritty, physical, and gets lots of goals... can't ask for a better player than that.

Bure All Day is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
  #14
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckgenius View Post
Who will have more goals this year? Has it been determined that Nash plays with Richards and Gaborik with Stephan cause Gaborik has no chemistry with Richards? Gaborik is the better goal scorer, even playing on the 2nd line he still put up 41 goals last year playing with Stefan/Anisimov.
Did you hedge your bets and spell Stepan 2 different ways? You still got it wrong, lol. Anyway, he started off poorly with Richards and was moved to Stepan's wing. He got reunited with Richards back in March and they were good until the playoffs when Gaborik got hurt (played hurt).

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:29 PM
  #15
I Will Son
An Army of One
 
I Will Son's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Nashville
Country: United States
Posts: 7,985
vCash: 500
Gabi

I Will Son is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 12:59 AM
  #16
TaLoN
All Hail the FBJ!
 
TaLoN's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Farmington, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 13,522
vCash: 50
Gaborik has the sickest wrist shot since Sakic... so... yeah... Gaborik.

TaLoN is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:44 AM
  #17
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbuffalo313 View Post
That is why we had to sign people like Lundqvist, Callahan, and McDonagh.
Just FYI, McDonagh was part of the Gomez deal. So while he wasn't signed, he was acquired for a massively overpaid FA. Which does still count in the world of players being bought; Ottawa didn't have the opportunity to spend that kind of money on Gomez and then trade him for McDonagh.

pdd is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:55 AM
  #18
pdd
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 5,578
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bure All Day View Post
Gaborik may be the better pure goal scorer, but I think Nash is just the better player to win a Cup with, gritty, physical, and gets lots of goals... can't ask for a better player than that.
Nash gets lots of goals?

Please, tell me about these goals he gets. He's supposed to be one of the top three or five goal scorers in the league and he has scored 30, 32, and 33 the past three seasons. In his four playoff games, he put exactly one in the net.

Nash isn't an elite goal scorer who gets lots of goals. He's a GOOD goal scorer who has had a couple of big seasons. Arguably the most overrated player in the league. He's broken 70 points once. Gaborik in his last five seasons: 76 in 82; 48 in 62 (63 in 82); 86 in 76 (93 in 82); 23 in 17 (111 in 82); 83 in 77 (88 in 82).

Nash has never come near that kind of scoring. The idea that Nash is a better player than Gaborik is, frankly, silly.

pdd is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:15 AM
  #19
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 50
I've never heard of Marion Gaborik or Stephan, and Patrik Stefan isn't a Ranger. Is it so hard to spell their names right?

Anyway, Gaborik will have more goals. He's more of a natural goalscorer than Nash and is familiar with the rest of the team.

M Gaz is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:43 AM
  #20
Jack Donaghy
Good God Lemon
 
Jack Donaghy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Somerville MA
Country: United States
Posts: 12,786
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaneone View Post
What's with all the Nash polls?
Well it's exciting stuff for hockey fans. I've always liked Nash but I never really knew how I felt about the "surrounded by good players" argument. Is it: a good player raises everyone around him? or is it: he can't do it on his own? He's an electrifying player and I love watching him on Team Canada.

Even as a lifelong Ranger hater, they will be fun to watch and I want Nash to succeed.

Jack Donaghy is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:29 AM
  #21
Bruinsfan_37
Stanley Cup Champs
 
Bruinsfan_37's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Laval
Country: Canada
Posts: 15,896
vCash: 500
Nash, Gaborik will get injured

Bruinsfan_37 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:46 AM
  #22
Machinehead
54★ 74★ 90★ 14★
 
Machinehead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: New York New York
Country: United States
Posts: 34,203
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Just FYI, McDonagh was part of the Gomez deal. So while he wasn't signed, he was acquired for a massively overpaid FA. Which does still count in the world of players being bought; Ottawa didn't have the opportunity to spend that kind of money on Gomez and then trade him for McDonagh.
Yes, clearly the only way to acquire McDonagh was by dealing the Superstar, future Hall of Famer, and all around demigod that is Scott Gomez

Machinehead is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:36 PM
  #23
SnowblindNYR
Registered User
 
SnowblindNYR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 17,237
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan_37 View Post
Nash, Gaborik will get injured
Ignorant comment. In 2 of the last 3 regular seasons he missed something like 4 games total.

SnowblindNYR is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 02:42 PM
  #24
M Gaz
Au revoir Shosanna!
 
M Gaz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 1,729
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowblindNYR View Post
Ignorant comment. In 2 of the last 3 regular seasons he missed something like 4 games total.
He missed 6 games in 2009-10. Aside from 2010-11 and the playoffs last season he's been healthy for the most part.

M Gaz is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:07 PM
  #25
Bure All Day
Registered User
 
Bure All Day's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Vancouver Isl.
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,124
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by eva unit zero View Post
Nash gets lots of goals?

Please, tell me about these goals he gets. He's supposed to be one of the top three or five goal scorers in the league and he has scored 30, 32, and 33 the past three seasons. In his four playoff games, he put exactly one in the net.

Nash isn't an elite goal scorer who gets lots of goals. He's a GOOD goal scorer who has had a couple of big seasons. Arguably the most overrated player in the league. He's broken 70 points once. Gaborik in his last five seasons: 76 in 82; 48 in 62 (63 in 82); 86 in 76 (93 in 82); 23 in 17 (111 in 82); 83 in 77 (88 in 82).

Nash has never come near that kind of scoring. The idea that Nash is a better player than Gaborik is, frankly, silly.
More to the game than scoring goals.. A LOT more...

Just wait to see how he plays this year with some motivation. Hard to play at a high level when your team is talking about throwing the season for the #1 pick

Pull this up at the end of the year, it'll be obvious Nash was more beneficial to the Rangers than Gaborik will have been

Bure All Day is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:53 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.