HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Adam Pardy

Old
01-17-2013, 02:37 PM
Boose30

vCash: 500
Adam Pardy

Buffalo placed him on waivers today. Is he going to be one of the I buyouts that teams get this season or should we expect to see him in Rochester if he's not claimed?

Boose30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:38 PM
FlamesFan18

He wont be claimed

FlamesFan18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:41 PM
wej20

complete forgot the Stars trade him to Buffalo, he's getting paid far too much for what he is (6th/7th defender).

wej20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:42 PM
caley

To be bought out this year (Not in the summer), compliance buy-outs can only occur with players making more than $3 million per season. Pardy's overpaid, but he's not THAT overpaid.

He makes too much money for what he brings to the table (I said as much when Dallas signed him to that deal), and will probably end up in the AHL.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:43 PM
orange is better
than other colors...

wouldn't mind if the flyers claimed him... he's probably a better option than Gervais or Foster... but with that cap hit, can't see it happening.

orange is better is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:44 PM
La Cosa Nostra
The Future

How the hell did Pardy ever get 2 million a season from someone? He has negative value.I'm happy though that Buffalo is treating him for what he really is, a 7/8 dman and not playing him just because he's paid 2 mil a season.

La Cosa Nostra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:08 PM
Perro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
How the hell did Pardy ever get 2 million a season from someone? He has negative value.I'm happy though that Buffalo is treating him for what he really is, a 7/8 dman and not playing him just because he's paid 2 mil a season.
Capgekk has him at 1.1M.
He won't be bought out as it is the last year of deal.

Perro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:10 PM
caley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Capgekk has him at 1.1M.
Capgeek is subtracting the 900k amount that teams can bury in the AHL, his contract will still count for $1.1 million, even in the AHL. His overall cap hit, if he stayed in the NHL, would be $2 million.

caley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:14 PM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perro View Post
Capgekk has him at 1.1M.
Capgeek is prorating, and yes, he's UFA this summer so no point in wasting a buyout on him.

Leino is the only Sabre I can see being bought out, and that will only happen if this season is as bad as last. He's showing good chemistry with Grigorenko and Ott, so who knows what will happen this summer.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:16 PM
MeestaDeteta

I think somebody will pick him up. Lots of teams looking for help on the blue line.

MeestaDeteta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Tim Murray
HoF Turd Shiner

I can see someone picking him up. Yeah he's probably overpaid but it's still only 2 million. Easy to fit.

Tim Murray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Reddawg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregor View Post
I can see someone picking him up. Yeah he's probably overpaid but it's still only 2 million. Easy to fit.
Considering how the Islanders are snapping up lesser defensemen left and right, wouldn't surprise me if they took him too.

Reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:59 PM
GeoffL19

Islanders will claim him.

GeoffL19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
Boose30

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
most likely, they need those high salary guys to reach the cap floor

Old
01-17-2013, 04:02 PM
JawandaPuck
Lost Art of Dynasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffL19 View Post
I doubt it. Too much money for #6 or 7 for NYI when they have much cheaper options with negligible skill level variance.

01-17-2013, 04:20 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Layne Staley View Post
Dallas needed to reach the cap floor last season so they overpaid a few guys to get there.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:29 PM
Boose30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly Like a C5 View Post
Dallas needed to reach the cap floor last season so they overpaid a few guys to get there.
you know it wouldn't shock me if Dallas claims him seeing as they have a little over 18 mil in cap space available and a lacking depth on defense

Old
01-17-2013, 04:31 PM
FrailSwan
A-B-We Stole Your C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
you know it wouldn't shock me if Dallas claims him seeing as they have a little over 18 mil in cap space available and a lacking depth on defense
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeell no.

It was a gift to get rid of him. Our rookies could do twice the job he could.

FrailSwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Fly Like a C5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boose30 View Post
Dallas already got rid of Pardy once; they won't bring him back. Dallas also just traded Fistric so they must feel pretty comfortable with the D group they have right now. They might make an offer to Redden, but most likely they go with the group they have right now. Guys like Rome, Benn, and Dillon are all better options than Pardy.

Fly Like a C5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:15 PM
Zippy316

He used to be a great, cheap 7th D in NHL11, usually claimed off waivers as well.

Zippy316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by caley View Post
To be bought out this year (Not in the summer), compliance buy-outs can only occur with players making more than $3 million per season. Pardy's overpaid, but he's not THAT overpaid.

He makes too much money for what he brings to the table (I said as much when Dallas signed him to that deal), and will probably end up in the AHL.
Yeah, me too. Easily a bad contract from the start, but it didn't handcuff us, or the Stars for that matter, like Redden and Gomez could have handcuffed their respective teams if they weren't bought out.

Us Sabres fans saw this coming from the moment we made the trade; we were just wondering when it'd happen. We'll tell you, we were more than pleased to take him off the Stars' hands as long as Ott was coming with him though, so Pardy wasn't going to be any problem to us, under either the old or new CBA. Under the old, he would have been buried and we'd have taken no cap hit and paid his salary for the year, much like we did with Shaone Morrisonn last year. Under the new, all we take is the $1.1M cap hit and still get Pardy, most likely, down for the Americans to use, who just lost Finley this week to the Isles. Of course, any team is also welcome to claim him from us. Although the $1.1M cap hit shouldn't likely bother us, even barring any in-season or trade deadline acquisitions, we'd love it if another team wanted to save us some actual dollars and take him off our hands. Of course, I don't expect that to really happen, so I'm counting on him heading to Rochester to help an already bleak defense and Pegula paying his salary for the year, no qualms about it.

I think Pardy can be an alright bottom-pairing, ideally seventh guy in the NHL but he's really not that great and saying that, I'd love for a rival team in need of defense to claim him, such as the Flyers, perhaps? He's overpaid but not by too much, maybe $500K or so. However, from the moment we got him, we knew he wasn't going to make our roster, as we have too many defensemen and all, including Weber, who himself has been bad lately, were all better than Pardy. This move also most likely signifies that we won't expose T.J. Brennan to waivers, thus earning him a roster spot to start the year. At this point, I think even Brennan is better than Pardy and if he had been waived, probably would have been claimed considering how young he still is and the potential he still has. I feel for Pardy, just as I felt for Morrisonn, even though I think Morrisonn was better when he was here than Pardy is now, but there was going to be an odd man out and his cap hit didn't help. I hope Pardy just takes it as a professional and looks to hit free agency again this summer in hopes of another chance elsewhere. He could really help the Amerks in the meantime.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:50 PM
SuperSaiyanSTARS

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...ked-blue-line/

LOL and he was hating on Stars' coaches for not playing him.

SuperSaiyanSTARS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Rivet52
Sabres & Blackhawks

Send a message via AIM to Rivet52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSaiyanSTARS View Post
http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/sab...ked-blue-line/

LOL and he was hating on Stars' coaches for not playing him.
A part of me, like I said, does feel bad for the guy. I'm talking about because of now, not because of his Dallas time. He was excited and seemed motivated to come in here and hopefully find a good situation and now he'll likely be in a worse one than he was in last year: riding the bus and playing in the minors instead of still being on an NHL team despite almost never playing. Sucks for the guy he wanted a new start, so I feel bad for him, but at the same time, it's a business and the best players will play and contracts will also affect it. All of that went against Pardy here from the get-go. As the article states, maybe the reason we took him was just to get Ott, with intentions of him playing in the minors all along. Unfortunately for him, us Sabres fans knew this was true from day one. We knew there was a next to nil chance he'd ever play a game for us and that the real reason why we took him was because Ott was the real prize to us, plain and simple. Ott's who we wanted in that trade and we took Pardy as long as it meant we'd get Ott coming with him. Again, sucks for Pardy but I hope he acts like a professional, although I feel sorry for him as a person. I'm sure he's a nice guy but as I said before, Ott was the prize the Sabres really wanted. Just as Regehr was the prize we wanted a year before in that trade and Kotalik was the player thrown aside, the same happened to Pardy here.

Warning: Never wear #27 in Buffalo.

Rivet52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
3rdEye
@HawnzDynasty

Hope he finds a home. Met him at a bar when he was in Calgary and did a shot with him. Nice guy.

3rdEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
JOHNBOY
BUFFALO SABRES

Send a message via AIM to JOHNBOY
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivet52 View Post
Warning: Never wear #27 in Buffalo.
This makes me miss Teppo Numminen...

JOHNBOY is offline   Reply With Quote