HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Toronto Maple Leafs
Notices

Leafs to play Home Opener (01/21/13 vs. Buffalo) for FREEEEEEE ($0.00)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
  #76
Leo Trollmarov
I was in the pool!!
 
Leo Trollmarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 3,543
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 81inblueandwhite View Post
a real fan is someone who tries to boost their teams spirits at the games because they care so much

trust me, it will be loud as ****..bring a decibal meter and compare
I am thinking I might need ear plugs on Monday, I predict it is going to be insane in there.

Leo Trollmarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:23 PM
  #77
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
That's why I told you to read how to get them, because I knew you weren't aware. They will go to the rabid fans more often than not which is why the arena may be a little more jumping come game day.

You said you thought the "diehards" are the ones who buy tickets to the games. If you are judging a fans status off how many games they go to, I said that you are also implying that all "diehards" make a nice salary each year.
Yep, you were right and it may be jumping more. I'll let you know Tuesday.

You can buy tickets to one game without making a lot of Money.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:29 PM
  #78
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
Yep, you were right and it may be jumping more. I'll let you know Tuesday.

You can buy tickets to one game without making a lot of Money.
Sure you can. But a lot of people can't afford to throw 100-300 down for a game. What about the fans that live in P.E.I. or down in Windsor, Ontario? It's a little more time consuming and costly for them to go to games. You shouldn't judge the diehard leaf fans by how many games they go to. Instead, how much they follow them and for how long of their lives they have been following them. Just my opinion at least.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:36 PM
  #79
The Big Swede
Registered User
 
The Big Swede's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Gatineau,Quebec
Country: Canada
Posts: 12,189
vCash: 500
Wow MLSE we might actually get real fans into the building

The Big Swede is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
  #80
Disgruntled Observer
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,480
vCash: 500
Pretty nice gesture by ownership. Especially considering that MLSE probably wanted nothing to do with this lockout in the first place.

Disgruntled Observer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  #81
ACC1224
Burke was right.
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 27,730
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
Sure you can. But a lot of people can't afford to throw 100-300 down for a game. What about the fans that live in P.E.I. or down in Windsor, Ontario? It's a little more time consuming and costly for them to go to games. You shouldn't judge the diehard leaf fans by how many games they go to. Instead, how much they follow them and for how long of their lives they have been following them. Just my opinion at least.
I've never done that.

ACC1224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
  #82
Aplayaz2000
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,348
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Swede View Post
Wow MLSE we might actually get real fans into the building
implying that "real fans" never over spend to watch their Blue and White

Aplayaz2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:47 PM
  #83
alcanalz
whys and wherefores
 
alcanalz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,691
vCash: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Pretty nice gesture by ownership. Especially considering that MLSE probably wanted nothing to do with this lockout in the first place.
Yeah, this.

Surprising

alcanalz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:48 PM
  #84
Eb
TML
 
Eb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,444
vCash: 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACC1224 View Post
I've never done that.
'The "diehards" are the ones who pay for tickets.'

Not everyone can pay for tickets.

Eb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
  #85
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Disgruntled Observer View Post
Pretty nice gesture by ownership. Especially considering that MLSE probably wanted nothing to do with this lockout in the first place.
Phoenix payed us back for all the BS we suffered by taking most of Lombardi's contract and paying for this home opener!

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:50 PM
  #86
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eb View Post
'The "diehards" are the ones who pay for tickets.'

Not everyone can pay for tickets.
Season tickets aren't free, you know.

Someone is paying for them!

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:52 PM
  #87
Raym11
Phaneuf sucks
 
Raym11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 4,748
vCash: 500
people on the main forum are RIDICULOUS. They arent kidding about everyone hating the leafs. Apparently its a crime to give away free tickets because most of the people receiving them don't live off food stamps.

Raym11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
  #88
Woll Smoth
Registered User
 
Woll Smoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Mississauga
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,028
vCash: 1205
This cuts directly into the players share of HRR

Nice move, MLSE.


Woll Smoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:02 PM
  #89
p.l.f.
mvp
 
p.l.f.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Toronto, CANADA
Posts: 34,627
vCash: 500
is this RC's little birdie news?

p.l.f. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
  #90
FishManSam
Bobs Yummy Burgers!
 
FishManSam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: I Bet You Hate T.O
Country: Croatia
Posts: 4,869
vCash: 500
Gonna spend a lot of time downtown this weekend...

Phaneuf jersey, Leafs zephyr hat, Leafs Old Time Hockey hat, Marlies Scarf, Marlies Flag, Marlies Western conference Finals Tee's and Dougie Gilmour jersey.

Gonna find a way to wear it all.

FishManSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
  #91
spor 13
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 28
vCash: 500
So we have 18000 (I believe ACC holds ~19000 seats) season ticket holders? No wonder its so hard to buy tickets!

spor 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:09 PM
  #92
Pi
Registered User
 
Pi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 25,920
vCash: 100
CTV News just said that tickets will be given tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday all around the city to guys wearing blue and white.

They're also handing out sweaters, gloves, pucks, Marlies tickets etc.

Look for a car/truck with the Leafs logo blue/white stripes.

Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:13 PM
  #93
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 500
Seriously, the main board is such a buzz kill

Leafs fanbase are as bullet proof as they come. I didn't expect Leafs fans to get anything of this magnitude because of that very fact. People can't give credit for a business giving away more than 2M in revenue as a good gesture when the reality is that those seats would have been sold at full price regardless.

Apparently you're a horrible fan if you leave a game early.

And people have to analyze to death the numbers to try and take away from the Sabres breaking their own record in ticket sales.

It may just kill people on this forum to give any credit where it's due.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:14 PM
  #94
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi View Post
CTV News just said that tickets will be given tomorrow, Saturday, and Sunday all around the city to guys wearing blue and white.

They're also handing out sweaters, gloves, pucks, Marlies tickets etc.

Look for a car/truck with the Leafs logo blue/white stripes.
Nice little marketing move.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:14 PM
  #95
Bomber0104
Registered User
 
Bomber0104's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Canada
Posts: 7,206
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by p.l.f. View Post
is this RC's little birdie news?
Affirmative.

Bomber0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:16 PM
  #96
L Corncrick
NHL Outsider
 
L Corncrick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Planet Funk
Country: St Vincent and the Grenadines
Posts: 636
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyCrazed101 View Post
Seriously, the main board is such a buzz kill

Leafs fanbase are as bullet proof as they come. I didn't expect Leafs fans to get anything of this magnitude because of that very fact. People can't give credit for a business giving away more than 2M in revenue as a good gesture when the reality is that those seats would have been sold at full price regardless.

Apparently you're a horrible fan if you leave a game early.

And people have to analyze to death the numbers to try and take away from the Sabres breaking their own record in ticket sales.

It may just kill people on this forum to give any credit where it's due.
You gotta stay away from the main boards. The type of creeps who cheer for the Canucks and Ottawa hang out in there.

L Corncrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:19 PM
  #97
Sergei Berezin
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 5,992
vCash: 500
I walked into 3 Canadian tires today in Ottawa and walked away with 3 pairs of tickets to 3 different Sens games.

I hate the Sens, but will enjoy cheering for Carolina, Buffalo and Washington... but imagine if the Leafs did something like that?

There would riots haha



Also, I realize this isn't an overnight decision, or anything, but does anyone think the turnout for the free practice worried MLSE? I mean, we got shown up but some American markets...

Sergei Berezin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  #98
stakesishigh
how swede it is
 
stakesishigh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Sweden
Posts: 4,419
vCash: 500
Wish I had the means to wander the streets of Toronto wearing Leaf gear all weekend.

stakesishigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:22 PM
  #99
Ari91
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,444
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergei Berezin View Post
I walked into 3 Canadian tires today in Ottawa and walked away with 3 pairs of tickets to 3 different Sens games.

I hate the Sens, but will enjoy cheering for Carolina, Buffalo and Washington... but imagine if the Leafs did something like that?

There would riots haha



Also, I realize this isn't an overnight decision, or anything, but does anyone think the turnout for the free practice worried MLSE? I mean, we got shown up but some American markets...
All of those turnouts in the American markets were on the Sunday when training camp started. The Leafs didn't hold open practice on the Sunday. All of their open practices were held during the week in the morning. Adults are working, students are in school - I don't think it's a realistic expectation to have them fill the ACC on a Thursday morning.

Ari91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:53 PM
  #100
Rockinz
Leafs 4 the cup
 
Rockinz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Leaf Land
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,111
vCash: 500
That's HUGE

nice

Rockinz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:46 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.