HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pre Game Talk: Penguins @ Flyers | 1/19/2013 | 3:00 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 03:17 PM
Rectify
I need a job.

vCash: 500
That is just unbelievable, as if the world didn't already hate us, then they come out with that gem.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:19 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

I think it's pretty funny because the Flyers owner also owns NBC now. I mean if you're a Flyers fan, not much room anymore to claim "NBC Bias" considering their owner writes the checks to everyone in the broadcast booth (AFAIK).

Old
01-17-2013, 03:21 PM
Shady Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
What if Vitale scored the goal and punched Bryzgalov after?
deal.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
Darth Vitale
Transitional Period

Too bad Morrow won't be in there or he could shatter his goalie mask to start the season right.

"Did you see that punk SOB Morrow tampering with the pucks before the game?! He did that **** on PURPOSE!"

Old
01-17-2013, 03:29 PM
MonsterSurge

They should call up Bobby Farnham for Saturday.

Farnham - Vitale - Glass

Old
01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Jag68Sid87

A VERY interesting way to kick things off. I have a feeling this game will look like Game No. 8 of last spring's playoffs. Fleury. Bryzgalov. Martin. Very few changes on either side.

These two teams bring out the best AND WORST in each other, which is why it is always so compelling. I don't think either team can help but get caught up in the rivalry. And that's why the defense looks like a jailbreak.

What I want to see early is if Simon Despres can be Kris Letang's 'Karl Alzner'. He's not a classic stay-at-home D but he needs to be Letang's defensive conscience. Pinch when you can, play an all-round game but he MUST take care of his own end. The way he played against Jagr in the playoffs last spring has me encouraged.

As for Tangradi, well I drafted Matt Cooke in my fantasy league for a reason. I give Bylsma 2 games before banishing him to Line 4.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
They should call up Bobby Farnham for Saturday.

Farnham - Vitale - Glass
They'd have to sign him to an NHL contract first. I think Farnham is going to make it, and it's going to be awesome when he does. He's a future mainboard darling, for sure.

As for the physical stuff, I honestly hope the Pens just play as gratingly as possible. I hope Neal fake glove drops anyone who challenges him.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:35 PM
Pancakes

Tangradi better make the most of this opportunity. This is probably just about his last chance to make an impression. If he ***** the bed in the first ten or so games, and nobody else grabs that spot on Malkin's line, Ray is gonna have to make a deal.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:56 PM
Sideline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pancakes View Post
Tangradi better make the most of this opportunity. This is probably just about his last chance to make an impression. If he ***** the bed in the first ten or so games, and nobody else grabs that spot on Malkin's line, Ray is gonna have to make a deal.
Or we could not judge a player based on 10 games.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:32 PM
Jag68Sid87

Can someone tell me more about Bobby Farnham?

Old
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
A real life 'NHL game' player. He can't fight at all, but he loves to start crap.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
DeadGator401

There's 3 threads at the top of the Flyers board about the Pens, and not one is a GDT. It's good to know that even know they Flyers beat the Pens last season, they still feel the need to talk about the Pens like they're the scrawny red headed kid looking at the Football star in Highschool. Jealousy is the highest form of Flattery.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:40 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
A real life 'NHL game' player. He can't fight at all, but he loves to start crap.
No thanks then.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:44 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
No thanks then.
Not everyone can be a superstar!

Old
01-17-2013, 04:45 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
He's a big time pest.

He plays a very physical game and has a motor that never stops, something happens every time he's on the ice and he's always noticeable. He takes a lot of penalties, but he usually takes someone with him.

His skating really sets him apart from other guys in the AHL with the same playing style, and he uses his speed to forecheck and win lots of icing races.

I said it earlier, but I do believe he'll be an NHLer.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:55 PM
End of Line
Human After All

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnMyOwn View Post
i love how there's like three penguin hate threads on the flyers board already... man they really love talking about us, haha. its kind of cute in a way.
We like to embrace the hate.

"I don't know what the stronger emotion would be, the joy of winning or the pain of losing"-Sidney Crosby.
Old
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM
SgtJoseph

Prediction.............Your Hulk Hogan look alike fan will be wearing Flyers gear by March ! Game on !

Old
01-17-2013, 05:24 PM
JTG

I am best friends with some guys from Philly. I went to college with them for 4 years, and I'll be the first to say, basing their hate as irrational is being nice. They go from being guys I'd do anything for, to being guys I cannot stand being within 2 miles of when we are playing them.

They hate every single thing they do, and it's not like that annoying hate where you just don't like them because they are rivals. It's deep seeded, "you ****ed my wife, and killed my mother, now you must pay" hate.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
SgtJoseph

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTG View Post
I am best friends with some guys from Philly. I went to college with them for 4 years, and I'll be the first to say, basing their hate as irrational is being nice. They go from being guys I'd do anything for, to being guys I cannot stand being within 2 miles of when we are playing them.

They hate every single thing they do, and it's not like that annoying hate where you just don't like them because they are rivals. It's deep seeded, "you ****ed my wife, and killed my mother, now you must pay" hate.
Its called passion !

Old
01-17-2013, 05:31 PM
Jaded-Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by End of Line View Post
We like to embrace the hate.

They never really got over Crosby and Malkin being on our team, and have been yapping at us like a french poodle ever since.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:40 PM
Ugene Malkin
Bück Dich Baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Til the End of Time View Post
for all the phila bashing, let's not forget how they straight up embarrassed the pens last season. one of the most embarrassing series of all-time, truly. thank god they didn't win the cup last year.

i feel like this pens team might be a little stale/lack that fire, so it will be interesting to see how they respond to playing their hated rivals.

also want to see how maf plays. he was obviously bad last season, and some people have suggested he hasn't been great in camp. also this talk about all the pens players chirping at fleury and giving him a hard time in practices? it sounds a little weird. plus he was m.i.a. all lockout.

hope he responds in a big way on saturday.
The two teams combined for like 45 goals in the first 4 games. I think they should both be embarrassed. Both teams gave up 22(Flyers) and 23(Pens) goals respectively. That was an NHL record by the way. The last two games saw 11 more goals piled on. Flyers 4 and Pens 7 bringing the total up to 56 goals in 6 games.

Final tally is: Flyers 26 goals and the Pens 30.

I would hope they would be just as embarrassed since they essentially got booted the next series pretty badly.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
JTG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Its called passion !
We'll go with that.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtJoseph View Post
Its called passion !
Uh, huh...

Old
01-17-2013, 06:00 PM
Cspeirs4

Went over to read the Flyers threads... Don't even want to get started on what they're saying... but noticed a lot of them think if will be a blood bath and a remake of last years playoffs. I think (and hope) that the Pens will play a completely different game. I'm sure they realized all that extra garbage in between whistle didn't help them win any games and I expect to see a disciplined team come Saturday.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:01 PM
Til the End of Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugene Malkin View Post
The two teams combined for like 45 goals in the first 4 games. I think they should both be embarrassed. Both teams gave up 22(Flyers) and 23(Pens) goals respectively. That was an NHL record by the way. The last two games saw 11 more goals piled on. Flyers 4 and Pens 7 bringing the total up to 56 goals in 6 games.

Final tally is: Flyers 26 goals and the Pens 30.

I would hope they would be just as embarrassed since they essentially got booted the next series pretty badly.
stats are nice.

but at the end of the day, our supposed playoff-proven club, finally-healthy, lost to our biggest rivals, a team that had just had a complete roster makeover.

giroux also made crosby his *****.

it boils my blood. hopefully it does the same to the pens.

Last edited by shureshot66: 01-17-2013 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Filter.
Closed Thread