HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The Luongo Thread: Sympathy For The Devil

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Samzilla
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by philer Bozel View Post
Just wondering do most fans feel like Schneider is better then Lou thus making him at the least a top 4 goalie ? Or do you guys want to trade Lou because Schneider has the potential to be better the Lou with a better contract?
I believe Schneids will be an indisputable top 4 goalie in this league.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:52 PM
Bourne Endeavor
HFBoards: Night's Watch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Dreger citing this as VAN's demand is asinine. What would be the hold up in that deal? Kadri?

I guess McCowan must be off on his Kadri + Gardiner demand...?
Supposedly, Kadri is the hold up. Leafs do not want to give him up. I have my doubts with Dreger though.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:55 PM
me2
Seahawks 43

vCash: 1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLinden16 View Post
To be honest, Lu looks very relaxed out there, he's not crushed by the weight of the city and its fan's expectations anymore. If the offers don't improve, hold him till the offers improve, and they will. I don't buy Reimer, Lindback or Crawford as legitimate options at #1, and I feel like at least one of the three is going to crumble.

I can see a Chicago offer as a good (and fair) fit if Crawford comes out of the gate cold.
Stevie Y is out, no way he can deal 2nd+2nd+3rd for Lindback and then go after Luongo and keep his job. He'll be forced to live or die with Lindback and their goalie prospects.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
KISSland

God help us all if that's the pile of **** we get in return for Lu.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Pseudonymous

Toronto is in complete rebuild mode now, i think theyre purposely tanking to get some high picks. If they dont end up with another couple top 5 picks. They are going to be screwed because this rebuild is around nobody that special.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:01 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figz14 View Post
God help us all if that's the pile of **** we get in return for Lu.
It'll keep me off HFboards for a while, thats for sure!

I love the Toronto spin...

Nonis' cousin floats some BS, the day the leafs waive a veteran for a 'youth movement' as TSN is calling it...

... TSN then floats Bozak as a #1 NHL center and Kadri as a #3 NHL center, and then suggest these two are over and above the cost for a backup.....

thanks bell....tsn...MLSE, and Dreger's cousin....love your 'reporting'!

I love Nonis' interviews with TSN....look at all the young talent I developed in Vancouver....it is now their core!

Guess what Nonuts, you also gave up youth to get that team a franchise goalie, which helped get it over the hump.....

Old
01-17-2013, 07:05 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Gets better. Dreger is now saying if either Bozak or Kadri "shine" that Gillis will have to soften and only accept one and a second.

Yeah...

Old
01-17-2013, 07:07 PM
arsmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bourne Endeavor View Post
Gets better. Dreger is now saying if either Bozak or Kadri "shine" that Gillis will have to soften and only accept one and a second.

Yeah...
What did he say about Leafs goaltending, what if Reimer looks like the plug he is, and Scrivens lets in more goals from center?

Will Nonis have to give more....I hate that these reports make me so mad, but they do....

Old
01-17-2013, 07:09 PM
I in the Eye

Quote:

Yeah...
lol...

I thought the closer it gets to the end of training camp, the Toronto media and fans would get ugly... But this is grotesque...

What are the steps of mourning?

Old
01-17-2013, 07:10 PM
Vancouver_2010
Go Canucks & Oilers

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post
What did he say about Leafs goaltending, what if Reimer looks like the plug he is, and Scrivens lets in more goals from center?

Will Nonis have to give more....I hate that these reports make me so mad, but they do....
Gillis needs to be fired before that trade proposal becomes reality.

Old
opendoor

If Toronto is turning down an offer like that, I'd personally prefer to see Luongo sent to Florida for whatever crap they'll give up, as long as onerous salary doesn't come along with it. It's obviously where he wants to go so you might as well make the player happy and let Toronto continue their march towards a decade with no playoffs.

Old
Timmer44

Quote:
Originally Posted by I in the Eye View Post
lol...

I thought the closer it gets to the end of training camp, the Toronto media and fans would get ugly... But this is grotesque...

What are the steps of mourning?
Lol, let them run with Reimer. Good luck TO. Decade without the playoffs.

Old
vanwest

Quote:

Yeah...
On the positive side the odds of Bozak or Kadri 'shining' don't seem too high.
Nonis did not sound at all confident in Reimer and Scrivens. In fact, that is the weakest defence of a goaltending duo I've ever heard.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:11 PM
Drop the Sopel
Feaster famine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleach Clean View Post
Dreger citing this as VAN's demand is asinine. What would be the hold up in that deal? Kadri?

I guess McCowan must be off on his Kadri + Gardiner demand...?
They might be reluctant to move Bozak AND Kadri. Losing Bozak hirts their chances of making the playoffs and Kadri is a boom or bust prospect that could come back to bite them.

If I was Nonis I would take a wait and see approach and sell off assets if they get off to a poor start, with the intention of drafting in the top 5. You only have to suffer through half as many disappointing games and the top end of the 1st rd is outstanding. New GM should feel comfortable with that scenario as well, as they're not going to fire him at the end of the year.

Florida or bust.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:13 PM
arsmaster

Lets see what the off season holds, even if it gets worse....might as well try and ride two great goalies one more time.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:14 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:

Yeah...
To be fair, Kadri has a huge pedigree and if he's lighting the NHL on fire to start the season, then yeah...

I Would probably pull the trigger on bozak, Kads, and a 2nd to be completely honest, get this ****in thing over with.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:14 PM
vanwest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop the Sopel View Post
They might be reluctant to move Bozak AND Kadri. Losing Bozak hirts their chances of making the playoffs and Kadri is a boom or bust prospect that could come back to bite them.

If I was Nonis I would take a wait and see approach and sell off assets if they get off to a poor start, with the intention of drafting in the top 5. You only have to suffer through half as many disappointing games and the top end of the 1st rd is outstanding. New GM should feel comfortable with that scenario as well, as they're not going to fire him at the end of the year.

Florida or bust.
That does sound like a good strategy. With that goaltending though I can't see how they don't get off to a bad start. If he's sticking with it then I think Nonis has already decided to tank. Knowing the Leafs though they'll get hot at the end and grab 9th spot.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by arsmaster View Post

He conveniently glossed over it, though did admit Toronto would have to address goaltending if Reimer or Scrivens falter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
On the positive side the odds of Bozak or Kadri 'shining' don't seem too high.
Nonis did not sound at all confident in Reimer and Scrivens. In fact, that is the weakest defence of a goaltending duo I've ever heard.
Aye, from the reports I've heard. It all sounds like posturing in hopes Gillis lowers the asking price. Hard to imagine they deal Bozak and Kadri now, given Connolly being waived. What could be interesting is if Lupul looks out of place and Reimer cannot keep from being buried. We may be about to buy low.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:23 PM
vanwest

Quote:
He conveniently glanced over it, though did admit Toronto would have to address goaltending if Reimer or Scrivens falter.

Aye, from the reports I've heard. It all sounds like posturing in hopes Gillis lowers the asking price. Hard to imagine they deal Bozak and Kadri now, given Connolly being waived. What could be interesting is if Lupul looks out of place and Reimer cannot keep from being buried. We may be about to buy low.
If they falter? How about if they play like they did last year.
I won't be shocked if the Leafs don't go hard after Luongo but I have to say that I am surprised they didn't try to get someone to improve their goaltending. I'm not that high on Reimer but one more year like last year and I think his confidence is shot. Even an old vet would help him.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:26 PM
Wisp

Dreger is Nonis' cousin. Anything he says about this trade is just Nonis posturing through him.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
lush
@jasonlush

I don't believe a word of what TSN is reporting. I am generally very surprised there haven't been more trades since last weekend when things opened for business and now. I guess there's one more day before the season starts which maybe sees some flood gates open but who knows. The lack of trades is proof to me that teams are content waiting to see how their seasons start. Maybe there's some hesitation making blockbuster deals with contracts like Luongo in fear they don't understand the details of the CBA and don't want to get burned. Either way the trade market is full of crickets.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:28 PM
Bourne Endeavor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanwest View Post
If they falter? How about if they play like they did last year.
I won't be shocked if the Leafs don't go hard after Luongo but I have to say that I am surprised they didn't try to get someone to improve their goaltending. I'm not that high on Reimer but one more year like last year and I think his confidence is shot. Even an old vet would help him.
Touche. I actually see a repeat of last year. An initial Leaf surge but one that gets eclipse by shoddy goaltending and they start to panic. That is when we taunt the Luongo trade their way.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:30 PM
m9

I don't get the Kadri hate. He's just as risky as a 1st round pick, he's just a couple years further in development. If the offer was a 1st, 2nd and Bozak would there be so much hate, or is it just a bias against Leaf prospects?

Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
Just another pawn

1) Trade Luongo to Florida for whatever crap they give us.
2) Luongo owns the Leafs posting shutouts in all their games against.
3) Nonis ends up trading draft picks and prospects for rentals feeling like Leafs could make the Playoffs.
4) Florida sneaks into the Playoffs edging out Toronto by 2 points.
5) All hell breaks loose in Toronto.

That alone would be worth the crappy trade.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Respect Your Edler
Thank You 52

I'll say it again. I'm happier with Luongo than with the Leafs' package. It seems to be lost in all this that we are actually trying to win the cup this year. It will be nice to get elite goaltending every night in a season where you can't ride your starter as hard.

Closed Thread