HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Florida Panthers
Notices

Dmitry Kulikov?

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-16-2013, 11:40 PM
  #201
Ghoste
Vigo the Carpathian
 
Ghoste's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: San Diego, CA
Country: United States
Posts: 2,929
vCash: 835
Kuli's situation is like the lockout all over again. I'm always checking to see if its over yet.

I'm still hoping this ends with Tallon locking him up. Can't help but to think that he just gets better every season. Like to see stay healthy. I remember reading Tallon saying that he likes to see where defensemen are at when hitting 300 games and Kuli still needs to play 102 games to hit that mark.

-ghoste

Ghoste is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:07 AM
  #202
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,944
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghoste View Post
Kuli's situation is like the lockout all over again. I'm always checking to see if its over yet.

I'm still hoping this ends with Tallon locking him up. Can't help but to think that he just gets better every season. Like to see stay healthy. I remember reading Tallon saying that he likes to see where defensemen are at when hitting 300 games and Kuli still needs to play 102 games to hit that mark.

-ghoste
I hate to say it, but I don't see Kuli getting locked up for a while.

MillarWithASave is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:15 AM
  #203
TheMightyPanther85
Registered User
 
TheMightyPanther85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't see Kuli getting locked up for a while.
I wouldn't expect it to take too long. Isn't there usually a deadline to get RFA's signed before they become ineligible to play for the season? I can't recall there's been so much going on with all of this rush for teams to prep for the shortened season.

TheMightyPanther85 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 12:50 AM
  #204
JPG
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Bloomfield Hills, MI
Country: United States
Posts: 374
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyPanther85 View Post
I wouldn't expect it to take too long. Isn't there usually a deadline to get RFA's signed before they become ineligible to play for the season? I can't recall there's been so much going on with all of this rush for teams to prep for the shortened season.
I think usually there is but if I remember correctly, they are making an exception to that for this lockout shortened season and getting rid of the deadline. It'll be back next year.

JPG is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:47 AM
  #205
TheMightyPanther85
Registered User
 
TheMightyPanther85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Florida
Country: United States
Posts: 255
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPG View Post
I think usually there is but if I remember correctly, they are making an exception to that for this lockout shortened season and getting rid of the deadline. It'll be back next year.
I stand corrected. Thanks for the info.

TheMightyPanther85 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 04:06 AM
  #206
flapanthersfan
Registered User
 
flapanthersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Miami, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 1,691
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
I hate to say it, but I don't see Kuli getting locked up for a while.
disagree. the news looks bleak right now, but actions speak louder than words. kulikov leaving his team in lokomotiv leads me to believe he's told his agent to get something done soon.

he could sign on saturday morning and be in the lineup at night, he doesn't need training camp...he's been playing this entire time overseas. so from his perspective, they know they can wait as long humanly possible before opening night to sign. but his leaving lokomotiv tells me he's ready to play. and it's probably a good negotiating tactic considering the panthers need of healthy bodies on the blueline right now.

flapanthersfan is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:07 AM
  #207
RainingRats
Registered User
 
RainingRats's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 9,635
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by flapanthersfan View Post
disagree. the news looks bleak right now, but actions speak louder than words. kulikov leaving his team in lokomotiv leads me to believe he's told his agent to get something done soon.

he could sign on saturday morning and be in the lineup at night, he doesn't need training camp...he's been playing this entire time overseas. so from his perspective, they know they can wait as long humanly possible before opening night to sign. but his leaving lokomotiv tells me he's ready to play. and it's probably a good negotiating tactic considering the panthers need of healthy bodies on the blueline right now.
I think him leaving the team is so he doesn't get injured.

RainingRats is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:19 PM
  #208
Don Tibbles
Nothing to see here
 
Don Tibbles's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 3,252
vCash: 500
This situation is annoying. Just like the lockout.

Don Tibbles is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
  #209
Dr Beinfest
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Orlando, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 606
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainingRats View Post
I think him leaving the team is so he doesn't get injured.
Either way he's not playing. The Panthers need him and he needs the Panthers. Even if they're not close, it's not going to be long before they decide to get close.

Dr Beinfest is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 05:39 PM
  #210
CanadianPanther
One Patient Panther
 
CanadianPanther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Caledon, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,384
vCash: 50
Im Ryan from Ontario, Canada. This is my first post, popping that cherry
I've been a Panther fan since day one, was LA but now rocking FLA. Tallon is the GM to lead this organization in the right direction. We had a taste of the playoffs last year and were hungry for some more.

Why wouldnt Kuli want to re-sign?
He has the potential and opportunity to be this franchise's #1 man on the blue line as Campbell gets older and shifts down in a couple years. His role and minutes would go up as would his stardom and the potential for a blockbuster contract in 4-5 years. This team just won the Southeast title, battled 7games against a Devils organization that has won 2 cups, a top rated prospects pool, a renewed fanbase and unbelievable weather to enjoy for 7-9 months of the year.

What Kuli is worth?
I feel a fair long term deal is 5year-$22.5million(4.5) with $24million(4.8) being the maximum.
That would instantly make him the second highest player on the team behind Campbell.

A fair short term deal is 2 year-$7.5million(3.725)

Remember at the end of this year we may have to re-sign Weiss(possibly $5-6mil/yr), Mueller(possily $2.5mil/yr), Mathias(possibly $2.5mi/yr), Ellerby(possibly $2.5mil/yr) and possibly Theodore($1.5million/yr)

A possible trade if he doesnt re-sign would be trying to acquire Getzlaf from Anaheim for Kulikov and a 2nd round pick and possible cash. Getzlaf would become our #1 center, hes a power forward and has 75-90pt potential in a 82gm season which we havent seen since the Bure days. Getzlaf would compliment Steeger and Flash better than Weiss would. Some pressure taken off Weiss would allow him to mentor a young Mueller and Hubredeau making for a solid top two lines.

Robak and Petrovic could come up and earn their spot with Kulikovs' exit. That would leave the door open at trade deadline or seasons end to fill that spot with a 2nd line d-man via trade or free agent signing. I say NO to the Luongo trade, Markstrom will transition nicely this year with alot of back to back games. I see Theo playing 20-25 games, Clem playing 10-15 and Marky playing 7-10.

Im pumped for puck drop Saturday, Carolina is a better team than last year and will be a good test right off the bat. I wanna see those rats fly in South Florida. Ill be cheering from the cold North.

I SEE RED

CanadianPanther is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 06:48 PM
  #211
Panthers Rock
Moderator
Slumpin' Like A Soph
 
Panthers Rock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Winter Springs, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 5,458
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Panthers Rock
Closing this thread as Kulikov is now signed/signing. See other thread.

__________________

Jonathan Huberdeau: 2013 Calder Trophy Winner
Panthers Rock is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:29 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.