HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Calgary Flames
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Calgary Flames HFBoards Fantasy Hockey- Part 2; 1 Spot Available!

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-13-2013, 12:02 AM
  #776
drewskiv
Registered User
 
drewskiv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Victoria BC
Posts: 566
vCash: 50
Loooking to upgrade my centers need one now kesler is out pm woth offers

drewskiv is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 02:55 PM
  #777
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 50
FYI, I'll be making a document with everyone's prospect draft picks. It'll be posted within the next few days.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 05:01 PM
  #778
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
I'm a Canucks fan coming in peace but need the advice of Flames fans. I currently have Baertschi as one of my sleeper picks, but I'm thinking of dropping him in favour of Brayden Schenn (if Yahoo! decides to change his position from C to C/LW.)

I do have a couple of questions in regards to Baertschi. During the training camp who has he been lined up with? Does a top 6 role look feasible right now for him? Only reason why I have not dropped him is because....

1.) I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I currently have Simmonds and Vorachek as well. If I have Schenn it would seriously hamper my ability to compete in the pool if Philly craps the bed one night.

2.) Baertschi has been a great prospect for you guys, but by all accounts does it seem like he will strive? Again I want to make this decision as soon as possible...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one eyeing Schenn right now.

3.) Schenn is slated to be in a top 6 role either with Giroux / Couterier. Briere is currently hurt.

4.) I could also drop Simmonds in replacement for Schenn...but I have a feeling he's going to break out as well...expecting a 25-30pt year for him...(yes I know this is more flyers talk, but I love that team and have adopted them as my second favourite team)

Any help is appreciated and as much as I respect Baertschi being your top prospect at this point in time, I would appreciate an honest opinion rather than favourtism towards Baertschi!

Thanks!

The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 05:16 PM
  #779
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kassian Train View Post
I'm a Canucks fan coming in peace but need the advice of Flames fans. I currently have Baertschi as one of my sleeper picks, but I'm thinking of dropping him in favour of Brayden Schenn (if Yahoo! decides to change his position from C to C/LW.)

I do have a couple of questions in regards to Baertschi. During the training camp who has he been lined up with? Does a top 6 role look feasible right now for him? Only reason why I have not dropped him is because....

1.) I don't want to put all my eggs in one basket. I currently have Simmonds and Vorachek as well. If I have Schenn it would seriously hamper my ability to compete in the pool if Philly craps the bed one night.

2.) Baertschi has been a great prospect for you guys, but by all accounts does it seem like he will strive? Again I want to make this decision as soon as possible...I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one eyeing Schenn right now.

3.) Schenn is slated to be in a top 6 role either with Giroux / Couterier. Briere is currently hurt.

4.) I could also drop Simmonds in replacement for Schenn...but I have a feeling he's going to break out as well...expecting a 25-30pt year for him...(yes I know this is more flyers talk, but I love that team and have adopted them as my second favourite team)

Any help is appreciated and as much as I respect Baertschi being your top prospect at this point in time, I would appreciate an honest opinion rather than favourtism towards Baertschi!

Thanks!
As of now, it looks as if Sven will be in the top 6. According to training camp, here is the top 9:


Glencross - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Cammy
Hudler - Stajan - Stempniak

Of course, this is subject to change, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baertschi would stay in the top 6 all season. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Baertschi does well this season, considering he has impressed on all levels.(AHL, WHL) When he was in the AHL, he basically controlled his line. While Sven was injured (late november-early January), the team went 4-8-3.

However, with Schenn playing in the top 6, I wouldn't hesitate to drop Sven, especially since Schenn will have better teammates.

Just a question, who do you all have at centre?

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
01-14-2013, 05:34 PM
  #780
The Kassian Train
228 LBS of Pain
 
The Kassian Train's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,137
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
As of now, it looks as if Sven will be in the top 6. According to training camp, here is the top 9:


Glencross - Tanguay - Iginla
Baertschi - Backlund - Cammy
Hudler - Stajan - Stempniak

Of course, this is subject to change, but I wouldn't be surprised if Baertschi would stay in the top 6 all season. Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Baertschi does well this season, considering he has impressed on all levels.(AHL, WHL) When he was in the AHL, he basically controlled his line. While Sven was injured (late november-early January), the team went 4-8-3.

However, with Schenn playing in the top 6, I wouldn't hesitate to drop Sven, especially since Schenn will have better teammates.

Just a question, who do you all have at centre?
Malkin
Toews
RNH
Seguin (though he is currently slotted as a RW but can obviously play C as well)
Plekanec

Thanks for the tip on Sven! I'm going to see if Yahoo! adjusts Schenn's position eligibility as per my request, sent them two links such as TSN and Hockey Forecaster as well.

I also agree about Baertschi being successful in the NHL which is why I took him in my later rounds for my draft.


Last edited by The Kassian Train: 01-14-2013 at 05:39 PM.
The Kassian Train is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:02 PM
  #781
Feel The Heat
Registered User
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 50
Willing to trade Jamie Benn for the right price PM me or make an offer through Yahoo trade.

Feel The Heat is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:04 PM
  #782
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Willing to trade Jamie Benn for the right price PM me or make an offer through Yahoo trade.
What are you looking for?

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 09:12 PM
  #783
Feel The Heat
Registered User
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
What are you looking for?

Preferably any forward position However I will look at any offer for any position and or prospects or draft picks.I don't have any one position in mind
Have Placed Benn on the trading Block in Yahoo. I'm also willing to do a multiplayer deal.


Last edited by Feel The Heat: 01-15-2013 at 10:24 PM.
Feel The Heat is offline  
Old
01-15-2013, 11:42 PM
  #784
KiwiFlamesFan
Registered User
 
KiwiFlamesFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New Zealand
Country: New Zealand
Posts: 2,067
vCash: 500
Have put Vrbata (RW) and Mike Smith (G) on the trading block. I'm looking to upgrade C, D and G positions. Feel free to propose trades on here or Yahoo if interested. Cheers, Kiwi.

KiwiFlamesFan is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 12:00 AM
  #785
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
So this may be a stupid question but how do we access our teams?

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:16 AM
  #786
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
Can someone remind me what the keeper numbers are going to be? Howmany do we keep end season?

tfong is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 01:47 AM
  #787
Signature
Robin Williams RIP
 
Signature's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Country: Hong Kong
Posts: 4,699
vCash: 50
9 if you lose, 10 if you win.

Feeling bad for whomever picked up Visnovsky, Ryan O'Reilly, and any "KHL Deserters" not that there are many but what can you do about it??/

EDIT: A quick reminder to all that you should technically only be trading picks in the 10-23 range as the first 9 are undoubtedly keepers. Posting this to remind myself, too. So therefore:

1st round = 10th round
2nd round = 11th
3rd round = 12th
4th round = 13th
5th round = 14th
6th round = 15th
7th round = 16th
8th round = 17th
9th round = 18th
10th round = 19th
11th round = 20th
12th round = 21st
13th round = 22nd
14th round = 23rd round

You COULD trade within 1-10, because you up how many keepers you've drafted ahead of everyone but this seems unfair that someone should get first shot at non-keepers because they have 3+ picks within the 'keeper' range. To keep it fair IMO you should only trade picks between 10-23.


Last edited by Signature: 01-16-2013 at 01:52 AM.
Signature is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 06:21 AM
  #788
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
So this may be a stupid question but how do we access our teams?
Log into your account, then go into the fantasy hockey league, and you should be able to access your team.


Also, it looks like Hoshiblitz cannot play, as he informed me.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 09:10 AM
  #789
tfong
Registered User
 
tfong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,120
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Log into your account, then go into the fantasy hockey league, and you should be able to access your team.


Also, it looks like Hoshiblitz cannot play, as he informed me.
So who is the lucky guy to receive his team?

tfong is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 02:54 PM
  #790
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Log into your account, then go into the fantasy hockey league, and you should be able to access your team.


Also, it looks like Hoshiblitz cannot play, as he informed me.
I forgot my account

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
01-16-2013, 03:19 PM
  #791
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
I forgot my account
Do you remember your username?


@tfong. Spacecorn contacted me, and asked if he could be back in the league. He told me he'd be active and would contribute to the thread and whatnot, so as of now, he'll be the replacement.

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 07:06 PM
  #792
Spacecorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The moon
Country: Canada
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
Hello fellow fantasy poolers, I've been given back the team I originally drafted. With that being said I will be active and prepared to play. Good luck to everyone in the game.

I would also like to introduce my team. The Space Penguins.

Spacecorn is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 08:46 PM
  #793
Ynnek
Registered User
 
Ynnek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: New Brunswick
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,182
vCash: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecorn View Post
Hello fellow fantasy poolers, I've been given back the team I originally drafted. With that being said I will be active and prepared to play. Good luck to everyone in the game.

I would also like to introduce my team. The Space Penguins.
Welcome back I look forward to destoying some Space Penguins.

Ynnek is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 08:51 PM
  #794
TheHudlinator
Registered User
 
TheHudlinator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Victoria,BC
Country: Canada
Posts: 19,837
vCash: 354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamesrule View Post
Do you remember your username?


@tfong. Spacecorn contacted me, and asked if he could be back in the league. He told me he'd be active and would contribute to the thread and whatnot, so as of now, he'll be the replacement.
Yes but yahoo keeps telling me they have sent me an activation code but there is no code Is there anyway you can boot the old account and allow me to join in under a new account.

TheHudlinator is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 10:10 PM
  #795
Feel The Heat
Registered User
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 50
Only 8 managers have been active this month in Yahoo.

Make sure you have your rosters set by tomorrows end. I hate to see everyone make excuse's as to why I kicked your ***** on my way to the championship.

Feel The Heat is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:48 PM
  #796
Devilspuppet666
Registered User
 
Devilspuppet666's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,542
vCash: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feel The Heat View Post
Only 8 managers have been active this month in Yahoo.

Make sure you have your rosters set by tomorrows end. I hate to see everyone make excuse's as to why I kicked your ***** on my way to the championship.
i cant remeber

1 the site
2 my account lol

Devilspuppet666 is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
  #797
Spacecorn
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: The moon
Country: Canada
Posts: 438
vCash: 500
OTB:
N.Yakupov
R.Murray
Z.Kassian
I.Cole

PM me offers on this site.

Looking for Veteran players.

Spacecorn is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:32 AM
  #798
nogger
#wemissyoubutler
 
nogger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Edmonton
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,324
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spacecorn View Post
OTB:
N.Yakupov
R.Murray
Z.Kassian
I.Cole

PM me offers on this site.

Looking for Veteran players.
Yakupov for Visnovsky?

nogger is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:18 AM
  #799
Feel The Heat
Registered User
 
Feel The Heat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,407
vCash: 50
http://sports.yahoo.com/fantasy

Would like to announce a trade between Rocky Mtn Heat
and Jammin Jellies

Going to Jammin Jellies Jamie Benn & a 11th pick in 2013

Going To Rocky Mtn Heat Rick Nash & a 10th Pick in 2013

Feel The Heat is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:15 AM
  #800
TherapyforGlencross
I'm the Man
 
TherapyforGlencross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Country: Canada
Posts: 6,887
vCash: 50
^Good trade!

Also here are the matchups for this week:

Flaming HorseHeads
Hamilton Slackberry

Jammin' Jellies
Lethargic Sloths

Urine Trouble
Don't Toews Me Bro

FluffyPinkPonies
Seattle Falcons

The Black Knights
Flying FlameKowski's

Gangnam Style!
Space Penguins

Rocky Mtn Heat
Flaming Wings

The Terrors
Generic Team Name

ALi
The Pink Panthers

TherapyforGlencross is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.