HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Detroit Red Wings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Grand Rapids Griffins 2012-13 ‎- Part 2

Closed Thread

Old
01-14-2013, 03:56 PM
RedWingsNow*

vCash: 500
I think we should be careful about thinking Ouellet won't be a third pairing guy. He might be the ultimate third pairing guy who can play well at both ends of the ice, but not spectacularly in either.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:01 PM
Jurky
Rotting in purgatory

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Bob View Post
I think we should be careful about thinking Ouellet won't be a third pairing guy. He might be the ultimate third pairing guy who can play well at both ends of the ice, but not spectacularly in either.
I'm curious to know why you think Ouellet won't develop into a top 4 role.

Old
01-14-2013, 04:49 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimuspaul View Post
I'm curious to know why you think Ouellet won't develop into a top 4 role.
I think it's really hard to tell in junior how good someone will be -- especially on defense.
Not saying he won't win a top 4 role eventually. Just saying it's far from a sure thing.

Old
01-14-2013, 05:06 PM
WesNichols14

another edition of behind the bench's
http://vimeo.com/57403858#

Old
01-14-2013, 05:56 PM
newfy

Quote:
Aren't you the guy who thinks every prospect is a future NHLer?
At the same time, you denegrate the valuable contributions of the only NHL defenseman we had who plays with any heart.

The Red Wings are the same team that takes 5 years before they give Brendan Smith a shot. Unless Lashoff finds a level I haven't seen from him yet, I don't see him getting a real shot.
Nope I'm the guy who you say that about because I actually watch these guys play and you form your opinion off stat sheets. You take me thinking a guy like Quine should at least get a shot in the ECHL next season as me thinking every wing prospect will play in the NHL lol while you talk up guys like Nestrasil who cant skate or establish himself in the AHL. Youre the guy who thinks Marchenko is playing a very significant role in a pro league by getting 11 mins a night. Me saying a guy should get a contract and a chance to prove himself over bums like Nestrasil is different then thinking theyre going to the NHL, one of these days thatll get through your head.

I'll trust myself actually watching these guys over the guy who talks about Nestrasils upside and how significant Marchenkos role is on a pro team. One of us watches almost every griffins game and the other has admitted he cant even get the website to work.

And Stuart played with his heart in California last year, he was the 5th best dman on the team, especially by playoffs.

Old
01-14-2013, 06:49 PM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Wow, that seems like a silly rule. You'd think it'd only apply to players who'd actually played in the NHL for a certain number of games the season prior or something.
Well it's kinda fair I guess for the players who spend year in and year out on the minors, in case someone else want to give them a shot.

Old
01-14-2013, 09:29 PM
RedWingsNow*

Quote:
Originally Posted by newfy View Post
Nope I'm the guy who you say that about because I actually watch these guys play and you form your opinion off stat sheets. You take me thinking a guy like Quine should at least get a shot in the ECHL next season as me thinking every wing prospect will play in the NHL lol while you talk up guys like Nestrasil who cant skate or establish himself in the AHL. Youre the guy who thinks Marchenko is playing a very significant role in a pro league by getting 11 mins a night. Me saying a guy should get a contract and a chance to prove himself over bums like Nestrasil is different then thinking theyre going to the NHL, one of these days thatll get through your head.

I'll trust myself actually watching these guys over the guy who talks about Nestrasils upside and how significant Marchenkos role is on a pro team. One of us watches almost every griffins game and the other has admitted he cant even get the website to work.

And Stuart played with his heart in California last year, he was the 5th best dman on the team, especially by playoffs.
I've watched 8 or 9 games plus a couple games last year.
I've seen enough Lashoff to know he's nothing special. AT ALL.
I've seen enough Griffs games to also know that Brendan Smith is going to have serious issues in the defensive end as an NHLer for a couple years at least.

Nestrasil, at 21, is about to get a shot with the Griffs. I'm far from certain he'll make it to the Red Wings one day.

But I'm quite confident that he's not the "bum" you say he is.

Stuart was better than Lidstrom last year. And without Stuart, Kronwall might have been -10

Old
01-14-2013, 09:39 PM
Frk It
Crap Space

Quote:

Stuart was better than Lidstrom last year.
Did you watch Stuart last year? Pre-injury they weren't even close. Ericsson was better than Stuart most of last year. Stuart might have been our worst defenseman in the playoffs last year.

I know he plays the style of hockey you like, but c'mon man.

Old
01-15-2013, 08:13 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe89 View Post
Well it's kinda fair I guess for the players who spend year in and year out on the minors, in case someone else want to give them a shot.
Then they should trade for them... heh.

As long as the important pieces clear (Pare in this case), it doesn't really matter.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:04 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by FabricDetails View Post
Pretty much.

It's got to be a little funny to those who've read this thread and also noticed Lashoff's number.
I definitely giggled a bit when I realized what number he was wearing last night.

Yeah, I ****ing giggled.

As an aside, I'm going to the Griffins vs Checkers game tonight in Charlotte... man, I hope Mrazek starts.

Last edited by RedMenace: 01-16-2013 at 11:00 AM.
Old
01-16-2013, 11:51 AM
ChadS

Quote:
Dana Wakiji @FSDwakiji
#RedWings Holland said he heard G Petr Mrazek will be in #AHL All-Star Game.
Nice!

Old
01-16-2013, 11:54 AM
joe89

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadS View Post
Nice!
I wonder if they'll name Nyquist and Tatar with the overwhelming chance of NHL callups. The game is in 10 days.

Old
01-16-2013, 08:25 PM
joe89

Griffins really deserved to tie that game up. Still, they didn't pay the price in front of the net.

Old
01-16-2013, 10:49 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Hey fellow puck heads.

I am a season ticket holder with the Checkers, my seat gives me unique chances of running into different people.

Today I got to meet Chris Chelios and Chris Osgood who was at the game tonight.

Chris Chelios wasn't very personable, but Osgood was a great guy.

It was a good game tonight but the Checkers was able to keep the shots on goal where Peters didn't have to work hard.

Anyways, much respect to the Red Wings.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:11 AM
RedMenace
So Long, and Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misfit Semin View Post
Hey fellow puck heads.

I am a season ticket holder with the Checkers, my seat gives me unique chances of running into different people.

Today I got to meet Chris Chelios and Chris Osgood who was at the game tonight.

Chris Chelios wasn't very personable, but Osgood was a great guy.

It was a good game tonight but the Checkers was able to keep the shots on goal where Peters didn't have to work hard.

Anyways, much respect to the Red Wings.
Were they down around the player benches by any chance? I swore I saw a guy who looked like Chelios around section 106/107... I was in 105 a few rows back of the Griffins bench.

Man, that game was awful. I don't know if Mrazek had a fit of narcolepsy on that goal or what -- and after that he was the only thing keeping the Checkers from blowing it wide open -- but wow, that was a tough one to give up.

Fournier was brutal, and most everyone else was meh at best. The 1st line had a couple of good chances and the Griffins certainly picked it up about halfway through the 2nd period, but that was a pretty poor showing overall.

Too bad last night wasn't $1 beer night instead of tonight... might have made the game a little more bearable.

Last edited by RedMenace: 01-17-2013 at 01:00 PM.
Old
01-17-2013, 11:27 AM
Henkka

NY Islanders took Keith Aucoin from waivers.

Griffins say thank you, conference rival Toronto Marlies just became a lot weaker team.

Old
01-17-2013, 02:17 PM
MrMariusz

Rebound game for the Griffins today.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
Lethargic
Cthulhu 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace View Post
Were they down around the player benches by any chance? I swore I saw a guy who looked like Chelios around section 106/107... I was in 105 a few rows back of the Griffins bench.

Man, that game was awful. I don't know if Mrazek had a fit of narcolepsy on that goal or what -- and after that he was the only thing keeping the Checkers from blowing it wide open -- but wow, that was a tough one to give up.

Fournier was brutal, and most everyone else was meh at best. The 1st line had a couple of good chances and the Griffins certainly picked it up about halfway through the 2nd period, but that was a pretty poor showing overall.

Too bad last night wasn't $1 beer night instead of tonight... might have made the game a little more bearable.
Chelios and Osgood was sitting in box by 106, I sit in Royal Box 5. Its the box seat on the end behind the Checkers bench.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Nyquist, Billins, and Mrazek all AHL all-stars.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:10 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Pare and Andersson back tonight, McCollum in goal.

Sheahan has stayed with Nyquist and Tatar to start the game, so I like that. Will see if Andersson and Pare can get some chemistry going and create a good second line.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:18 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Pare stays hot upon his return a nice sign.

Comes after Andersson wins a board battle as Pare was allowed to walk down the middle and made no mistake.

McCollum lets in a stinker right after.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:27 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Callahan with a good scrap, taking on a guy while giving up a lot of size but sticking up for a teammate on a blown interference call. But a good time to go, I get on Mitch a lot about his decisions which have been better the last two months, but this was a good time and the right situation and score to go. Held his own, even managed to get inside the reach to land a couple.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:29 PM
MrMariusz

Jeez, at least they wont get shutout today heh.
Griffins really do need to play to their potential to win these kinds of games, they wont get any wins gifted. Probably went into this series underestimating this Checkers lineup, there's a lot of eager guys wanting to step up for Charlotte in the coming games.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
MrMariusz

Tie game!

Old
01-17-2013, 07:20 PM
The Zetterberg Era
RIP Octopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMariusz View Post
Tie game!
Ferraro gets that puck high in a hurry, love his release. Also Ferraro is now tied with Tatar for team lead in goals at 15. The way he is playing he is going to have more goals in early February than he did points all of last year.

Closed Thread