HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Pittsburgh Penguins
Notices

Pre Game Talk: Penguins @ Flyers | 1/19/2013 | 3:00 PM ET

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 06:02 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterSurge View Post
Uh, huh...
Bobby Farnham's playing style is similar to Ryan Hollweg, I'm also very disappointed that we didn't claim Brandon Mashinter. He would have filled a need for this team. Perhaps we could claim Nick Palmieri if Brian Strait leaves.

Last edited by MichiganWolverines: 01-17-2013 at 06:08 PM. Reason: Terrible grammar.
Old
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspeirs87 View Post
Went over to read the Flyers threads... Don't even want to get started on what they're saying... but noticed a lot of them think if will be a blood bath and a remake of last years playoffs. I think (and hope) that the Pens will play a completely different game. I'm sure they realized all that extra garbage in between whistle didn't help them win any games and I expect to see a disciplined team come Saturday.

I have a lot of respect for the Philadelphia Flyers organization, but I can't say the same for their fan-base.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:05 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichiganWolverines;57755539[B
]Bobby Farnham playing style is similar to Ryan Hollweg,[/B] I'm also very disappointed that we didn't claim Brandon Mashinter. He would have filled a need for this team. Perhaps we could claim Nick Palmieri if Brian Strait leaves.
He's a better skater than Hollweg, though and not nearly as dirty.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Flat Stanley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chancellor Vitale View Post
The level of Neal-hate is epic.

He might take Sid's place as the most hated player. All he has to do is score a couple goals and hit someone a couple times and they'll label him the anti-christ.

I love how 20 posts in no one had figured out that Asham is no longer a Penguin. Then someone tells them and it was "oh we knew that...".

Then why bring it up until the first game against Asham? Philly quality... unmatched.

Best of all they name the thread Retribution, even though they won the series. It's like the fact that they won was overshadowed by the fact that there was rough stuff between the teams and cheap shots going around in one of the ugliest, most cluster-****ed series I've ever seen. Like there was any innocence on either bench. The whole thing was out of control.
That's the argument, they think the Flyers did nothing last season. The Schenn crosscheck, 5 players going after Vitale after a clean hit, etc. Their team shows class while the cheap, dirty Penguins show their true colors.

By the way, they were talking about wanting Neal clobbered because of his actions, I was reasonable with them and agreed it was a dumb move by Neal and cowardly to run to the bench during scrums, I'm not a homer. But I also mentioned Giroux's headshot in the 2nd round against Zubrus and one Flyers fan said it was clean because Zubrus is tall and had his head down.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:14 PM
Shrimper
Trick or ruddy treat

vCash: 50
Please just win. That's all that matters.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:17 PM
Wes C Addle
Mookie Blaylock

Anybody got a guess on what Phillys lines/pairings will be for saturday? Curious to see who plays with Giroux now that Jagr is gone.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:20 PM
TheRollingPuck
Free fallin'

Penguins should just forfeit this game. Crosby and Malkin are no match for 10x Selke winner - Sean Couturier.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes C Addle View Post
Anybody got a guess on what Phillys lines/pairings will be for saturday? Curious to see who plays with Giroux now that Jagr is gone.
I'd imagine Voracek will fill the role left by Jagr, playing with Giroux and Hartnell. As for the rest, no idea. I've read that Scott Laughton might be starting the season with the team.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:25 PM
SidGenoMario

vCash: 511
One thing I didn't miss about hockey was the stupid message board rivalries and hatred. I think I'm getting too old for that nonsense..

Old
01-17-2013, 06:44 PM
Jag68Sid87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
He's a big time pest.

He plays a very physical game and has a motor that never stops, something happens every time he's on the ice and he's always noticeable. He takes a lot of penalties, but he usually takes someone with him.

His skating really sets him apart from other guys in the AHL with the same playing style, and he uses his speed to forecheck and win lots of icing races.

I said it earlier, but I do believe he'll be an NHLer.
If he can't fight, or refuses to, that spells trouble for a team with superstars. No thanks. We don't want guys stirring *&^% up who can't back it up. I want someone who will go. I'm starting to get behind the Ryane Clowe camp. Let's get a legit fighter who can actually play in our top six. That would be major.

Maybe if we get rid of Martin, Cooke, Dupuis and Kennedy, we could afford both a scorer and Clowe. Dare to dream.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:57 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidGenoMario View Post
One thing I didn't miss about hockey was the stupid message board rivalries and hatred. I think I'm getting too old for that nonsense..
You should see Boston and Montreal fans on Hockeyfights.com. It's absolutely hilarious!

Old
01-17-2013, 06:58 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post
If he can't fight, or refuses to, that spells trouble for a team with superstars. No thanks. We don't want guys stirring *&^% up who can't back it up. I want someone who will go. I'm starting to get behind the Ryane Clowe camp. Let's get a legit fighter who can actually play in our top six. That would be major.

Maybe if we get rid of Martin, Cooke, Dupuis and Kennedy, we could afford both a scorer and Clowe. Dare to dream.
Bobby Farnham has like 17 fights this year...Lol.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jag68Sid87 View Post

He'll fight just about anyone (12 fights in 27 games), he's just not a good fighter. It's not surprising though, he came out of college hockey and doesn't have much experience in that regard.

I don't see what the problem is, he plays on the edge, but he answers the bell when needed. He's not there to be an enforcer.

Old
01-17-2013, 06:59 PM
MichiganWolverines
Big Mac Attack

Quote:
You should see Boston and Montreal fans on Hockeyfights.com. It's absolutely hilarious!
Or Bruins/Canucks fans on youtube, LOL.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:31 PM
MonsterSurge

I do agree that Neal should fight someone. He should go off the opening face off like Cooke/Richards did a few years ago.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:33 PM
Gert B Frobe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
They'd have to sign him to an NHL contract first. I think Farnham is going to make it, and it's going to be awesome when he does. He's a future mainboard darling, for sure.

As for the physical stuff, I honestly hope the Pens just play as gratingly as possible. I hope Neal fake glove drops anyone who challenges him.
shame on you guys for not calling attention to this post

All hockey players hate this move because it's a punk/***** move. It's a Max Lapierre move. I'm not saying he has to go with Shelley - that would be dumb. He doesn't have to fight anybody but if challenged he should drop the gloves. The best thing would be for him to fight Couturier - sure he's only 20 but he's 6'3 200lbs. and fought a little in junior. Schenn should fight somebody too - same rules.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:35 PM
Dangles78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gert B Frobe View Post
You're not a homer but you're comparing those two hits? Giroux's hit was dirty but not comparable to Neal's.

Anyway - the posters on the Flyers board who hope for injuries are idiots. I think the level headed fans just want Neal to man-up and fight somebody and lose of course. My worry is that he does the fake drop the gloves move - which is ultra-gay. Or that he passes on Simmonds, Hartnell, Schenn(s), Rinaldo and ends up going with somebody smaller or a complete non-fighter type.

EDIT: Didn't see the first post

Still, Neal will answer the call if he needs to. In a perfect world let Neal and Simmonds go and then move on.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:36 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:

All hockey players hate this move because it's a punk/***** move. It's a Max Lapierre move. I'm not saying he has to go with Shelley - that would be dumb. He doesn't have to fight anybody but if challenged he should drop the gloves. The best thing would be for him to fight Couturier - sure he's only 20 but he's 6'3 200lbs. and fought a little in junior. Schenn should fight somebody too - same rules.
^ We should automatically hate this guy because he's a Philly fan, but he's right. Cooke stepped up and fought Thornton...There's no reason Neal can't fight Schenn or Hartnell.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:42 PM
eXile59
Shirts on.

Flyer fans have to act like beating us is equal to winning a Stanley Cup because they haven't seen one in over 30 years.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:44 PM
Zen Arcade
eat the record cover

Quote:

I hope he fake glove drops everyone on the Flyers, including the coaching staff, and then the ushers, the zamboni driver, etc.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:55 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cspeirs4 View Post
Went over to read the Flyers threads... Don't even want to get started on what they're saying... but noticed a lot of them think if will be a blood bath and a remake of last years playoffs. I think (and hope) that the Pens will play a completely different game. I'm sure they realized all that extra garbage in between whistle didn't help them win any games and I expect to see a disciplined team come Saturday.
Winning would be a start

Old
01-17-2013, 07:56 PM
MonsterSurge

Neal isn't a stranger to owning up to hits.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

What's the hit Neal needs to own up to? I've blocked the playoffs from my mind.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:04 PM
MonsterSurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marns View Post
What's the hit Neal needs to own up to? I've blocked the playoffs from my mind.
Couturier and Giroux. They were cheap shots.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:05 PM
Sivek

I'm going to have a relapse when I see Adams out there trying to kill a penalty.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
Marns
@SH_Hockey

Quote:
Couturier and Giroux. They were cheap shots.
Heh, that? That's very cute. He doesn't need to answer for that.

Closed Thread