HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 07:57 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
How are you going to make it work with Benn/Stastny/Duchene down the middle with ice time and defensive assignments? Are you going to pay Benn close to $6M a year and ask him to play shutdown defense?

This isn't NHL13. In reality no team will ever run with three centers like that.
Can't believe no one has mentioned that Duchene played as much on the wing last year or more than at Center. Same vein as Richards/Carter post earlier. Not a far stretch to think that if another 1 - 2 line center were brought in that someone may be moved to wing, especially since the coaching staff has moved Duchene there before.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:00 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Subban for Oreilly swap some time next week if both are still unsigned?
id do it in a second.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned that Duchene played as much on the wing last year or more than at Center
Can't believe people are still talking about Duchene playing wing. It worked terribly and he doesn't like it.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:01 PM
Nihiliste
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 542
Montreal fans would be outraged

Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
Can't believe people are still talking about Duchene playing wing. It worked terribly and he doesn't like it.
Well, if he didn't like it then I guess there isn't anything else to say about it. Center forever.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:03 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Subban for Oreilly swap some time next week if both are still unsigned?

It would get a lot of mixed opinions from the Avs, but in my honest opinion I think Subban will be a real good Dman in a couple years. Some of you don't like his ego and what not which is understandable, but I personally think its been blown out of proportion a little because of the MTL media.
That would be really, really horrible. Unless you want this guy to come in and completely **** up our dressing room and we finish last and get a great pick?

Seriously, this guy is so great, he's missing/late for meetings...Bravo Pernell-Karl.

After 38 and 36 point seasons, he wants $6M per year not to mention basically leading the league in 2 minute minor penalties ?

Absolutely STEER CLEAR of this player.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:04 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
Can't believe no one has mentioned that Duchene played as much on the wing last year or more than at Center. Same vein as Richards/Carter post earlier. Not a far stretch to think that if another 1 - 2 line center were brought in that someone may be moved to wing, especially since the coaching staff has moved Duchene there before.
Duchene
Landeskog
Parenteau
Jones
Downie
Hejduk
McGinn

Most scoring line wingers win?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Duchene is not a winger. That experiment failed last year and it'll fail again. But none of that really matters, Avs aren't getting Benn.

**** Meehan and Guy

Old
01-17-2013, 08:07 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

BTW, wasn't Duchene moved to wing due to underperformance? at center? Seems like the move was to derail the disaster that was occurring at the center position. Point was, it had been considered, it had been done, and it may be considered again if another top center were brought in. Maybe Benn could play on Duchene's wing. A wealth of centers is never a bad thing.

Ed: also, maybe it was Duchene who was failing, not the experiment at what position he played???????

Old
01-17-2013, 08:08 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba Thudd View Post
Not likely to be a 1st line Center this year, though. Nor in the foreseeable future (at least not with the Avs). Shouldn't get paid for a position he won't be playing...
Which is probably what he's holding out for. He wants to be unreasonable with the Avalanche so that they'll trade him to a team that will put him on the 1st or 2nd line.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:11 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mant View Post
Which is probably what he's holding out for. He wants to be unreasonable with the Avalanche so that they'll trade him to a team that will put him on the 1st or 2nd line.
Then he can be ready to wait a looooooooooong time. Avs have all the time in the world to wait for a good enough deal. If he is trying to force a trade, Avs have zero reason to try to do him a favor.

If his agent has any ounce of sense, he is telling O'Reilly that path won't be one he would want to embark on.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:16 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
That would be really, really horrible. Unless you want this guy to come in and completely **** up our dressing room and we finish last and get a great pick?

Seriously, this guy is so great, he's missing/late for meetings...Bravo Pernell-Karl.

After 38 and 36 point seasons, he wants $6M per year not to mention basically leading the league in 2 minute minor penalties ?

Absolutely STEER CLEAR of this player.
Like I said, his off the ice stuff has been blown way out of proportion because of the MTL media. He's not nearly as bad as you think, but 1 or 2 small things and it gets scrutinized under a microscope because its MTL.

Sensing a huge Bias in your post, so I feel theres no point to reason or debate it, your opinion wont change, but he's not a cancer like you think.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:17 PM
Mant*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
Then he can be ready to wait a looooooooooong time. Avs have all the time in the world to wait for a good enough deal. If he is trying to force a trade, Avs have zero reason to try to do him a favor.

If his agent has any ounce of sense, he is telling O'Reilly that path won't be one he would want to embark on.
If his agent told him to turn down 5 years at 17 million, then I don't think his agent has that ounce of sense you're talkin about.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:23 PM
TheStranger

Kulikov signed. Guess O'Greedy will be hanging on til the last dog is hung.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

vCash: 645
Turning down 5 yrs, $17M was probably a good decision. I think he's already worth more than $3.4M/yr and it'll be even more obvious as he continues to get better.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:24 PM
Bubba Thudd
#AvsNewAge

I don't think he's hurting his value in the KHL right now, either. Isn't he on a PPG pace? Avs management have to believe they can wait for the right deal if, in fact, they feel they need to trade him.

It hurts the team short-term, because we don't have his services, nor the services of whomever he gets traded for. But in the long term view, Avs are better off waiting for the right deal.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
bohlmeister
$$ For Sale $$

vCash: 400
I don't see the Avs as being the type of team that will bring him back mid season. They will start negotiating again in the off-season.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:26 PM
chewey
dmitri

vCash: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheStranger View Post
Kulikov signed. Guess O'Greedy will be hanging on til the last dog is hung.
I actually like RoR more and more. Especially after this. Gotta give props to a bro thats trying to get every penny.

And for those of you who say this will hurt his career. I'd be VERY surprised.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:29 PM
Steve Varmalov
And Then....

From the main board
Quote:
Krejci, 1st and Knight for O'Reilly
What do you guys think?

Old
01-17-2013, 08:30 PM
Freudian
Patty likes beef

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmitri View Post
I actually like RoR more and more. Especially after this. Gotta give props to a bro thats trying to get every kopek.

And for those of you who say this will hurt his career. I'd be VERY surprised.
Fixed your post.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:31 PM
Pierce Hawthorne
Formerly Avsare1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohlmeister View Post
I don't see the Avs as being the type of team that will bring him back mid season. They will start negotiating again in the off-season.
Agreed, but I don't think they'll be the ones doing the negotiating in the offseason if it comes to that.

IMO if Oreilly isn't signed by around the 6-10 game mark of the season, he wont play another game in an Avs jersey. Theres gonna come a point when management will say enough is enough, they'll give him one final offer to either take it or leave it, and if he doesn't take it he'll be shipped out pretty quickly.

And honestly, I'm ok with that scenario, It'll force something to happen, and if we trade Oreilly it will more then likely fill a big hole on Defense, while creating a much smaller hole in the 3C position, which is a lot easier to fill then a Top pairing Dman.

So either way I'm ok with whatever happens, but it needs to happen sooner rather then later, when were out of the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
From the main board

What do you guys think?
I'd take it.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:36 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

vCash: 7658
Quote:
Like I said, his off the ice stuff has been blown way out of proportion because of the MTL media. He's not nearly as bad as you think, but 1 or 2 small things and it gets scrutinized under a microscope because its MTL.

Sensing a huge Bias in your post, so I feel theres no point to reason or debate it, your opinion wont change, but he's not a cancer like you think.
I won't say I'm NOT bias because I am, I don't like the player or his attitude (as a person, he seems like a good guy though, from what I've seen in interviews) and you're right, everything here does get blown out of proportion. However, this player has always thought he was WAYYY better than he actually is...(his current insane demands are also proof of this) and he also has a tendency to rub teammates the wrong way.

Ask yourself this question, do I have this kind of attitude towards any other habs? No, I really don't care much about the Habs at all. This is about this particular player's attitude towards the game and how he conducts himself on the ice. He could be on the Winnipeg Jets and I'd feel the same way.

In essense, he is the anti-Landeskog.

I just watched the 'My Season' NHL network special featuring Landeskog yesterday. When he came into the league, he was asking veterans for advice and knew his place and was very humbled to be there.

When Subban came into the league, it was like "your savior has arrived, I AM here now". There is a huge difference between confidence and a little cockiness and being an outright egotistical jerk in the dressing room. And regardless what you think about how it's been 'blown up' in the Montreal media, the fact is that it HAS been a problem in the montreal dressing room and he's been in quite a few fights with his own teammates at practice.

He's more of a headache than he's worth, in my opinion. PLUS, in my opinion, he's still got some work to do on his game defensively and there is still the issue of staying out of the box.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

Has led the league in minor penalties for the past 2 years since coming into the league.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:37 PM
henchman24
#ImagineAvs

Quote:
From the main board

What do you guys think?
Done!! But Boston wouldn't do that trade.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:41 PM
TheStranger

Quote:
From the main board

What do you guys think?
Boston would never do that deal. Not even with OUR first going the other way.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:47 PM
CoachBadkitten
Matt Hunwick

Quote:
From the main board

What do you guys think?
I'd do it.

Closed Thread