HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Was - Ana, Was - Dal, Was - Col

Old
01-17-2013, 01:34 PM
Halpysback

vCash: 500
Was - Ana, Was - Dal, Was - Col

To Dallas: Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, 1st 2015
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Anaheim: Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, 2nd 2013, 2nd 2014, 1st 2014
To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

To Colorado, Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, 1st 2013
To Washington: O'Reilly, Giguere

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.

Halpysback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:39 PM
Leafs87
Mr. Steal Your Job

With kuznetsov most likely not coming to NA any time soon and perry/getzlaf as ufas in the summer I don't see what Anaheim gets out of that.

Leafs87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:40 PM
Frozen Failure
Best Threadkiller

Send a message via AIM to Frozen Failure Send a message via Yahoo to Frozen Failure
No. Washington is literally destroyed as a franchise after this. This ain't the CHL, bro.

Frozen Failure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Gliff
Wild Bill

I'll pass. Alot of reasons.

Gliff is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:42 PM
Carlzner

This is not NHL13.

Carlzner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:44 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halpysback View Post
To Washington: Benn, Morrow (2 mil salary held back). I'm assuming if Niewendyk is exploring what he can get for Benn, this would catch his eye.

To Washington: Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik (salary held back to make it work, additional 3rd and later rounders as needed for salary held back). Anaheim gets solid utility winger in Laich, star prospect in Kuznetsov, good PF in Brouwer, bunch of futures. If they resign Getzlaf and possibly Perry they'd be in a very good position.

Everyone will probably hate me on all sides but I tried to make sure there's at least some quality in all the quantity.

Caps nuke their prospects completely for the next 3 years but finally there are no holes on D and the offense may be most complete in the league in every aspect.

Have at it.
You're proposal for Jamie Benn is really iffy. Its not god awful or anything, but I also don't think their is enough quality there to compensate losing Benn and Morrow. Not to mention the 1st in 2015 is wayy too far in the future to consider it a main piece. Maybe something more like Johannson, Forsberg and a 2013 1st for Benn, but even then I don't think its enough to entice Dallas.

You're proposal for Anaheim wouldn't work for Washington. They sacrifice 3 of their top 6 wingers (IIRC) and their next two seasons worth of top draft picks minus this years first for Ryan and Beauch who is not getting any younger. I would think Washington stays away from this.

You're third one is alright value wise (in a vaccum) except that Colorado doesn't need Neuvirth what with them having Varlamov and all and they don't need to take up two extra roster spots for players that they don't really need.

Essentially, it is alot of quantity (with some quality although) for high level quality players. I think these deals have wayy too much going on with them to really consider them sound offers. Caps shouldn't be blowing up their franchise to get these players. Too much roster shuffling this close to a very short season.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:46 PM
DL44

vCash: 139
Quote:

Have at it.
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik, additional 3rd rounder.

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds.

All i gotta say is... thank god that 3rd is in there to balance it out.

DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 01:50 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik, additional 3rd rounder.

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds.

Ducks say hell no

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
IWantSakicAsMyGM

Quote:

Have at it.
No from the Avs.

The Avs don't need young, unproven forwards and picks. They need a first pairing LHD. No reason go give up the rights for O'Reilly unless this is coming back. And Giguere is not getting traded.

Neuvirth only adds more competition to an already crowded G depth chart. Giguere might not be the G of the future, but he's playing the dual role of backup and mentor/goalie coach for Varlamov.

Erskine is another big bottom pairing D. The Avs have 6 of them already. Need someone to play with EJ, not more depth.

IWantSakicAsMyGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by I3ig13ig View Post
You're proposal for Jamie Benn is really iffy. Its not god awful or anything, but I also don't think their is enough quality there to compensate losing Benn and Morrow. Not to mention the 1st in 2015 is wayy too far in the future to consider it a main piece. Maybe something more like Johannson, Forsberg and a 2013 1st for Benn, but even then I don't think its enough to entice Dallas.

You're proposal for Anaheim wouldn't work for Washington. They sacrifice 3 of their top 6 wingers (IIRC) and their next two seasons worth of top draft picks minus this years first for Ryan and Beauch who is not getting any younger. I would think Washington stays away from this.

You're third one is alright value wise (in a vaccum) except that Colorado doesn't need Neuvirth what with them having Varlamov and all and they don't need to take up two extra roster spots for players that they don't really need.

Essentially, it is alot of quantity (with some quality although) for high level quality players. I think these deals have wayy too much going on with them to really consider them sound offers. Too much roster shuffling this close to a very short season.
If all 3 go through lineup would be

Benn Backstrom Ovechkin
Morrow Ribeiro Ryan
Chimera O'Reilly Winnik
Hendricks Beagle Crabb

Alzner Carlson
Beauchemin Green
Hamrlik Orlov
Poti

Holtby
Giguere

I'd say the holes on offense from losing Laich, Brouwer, etc have been more than filled. Kings are doing fine with basically having no top prospects at this point. Philly and have been doing pretty well. Beauchemin would give 3 solid years, O'Reilly and Benn probably over 5 each depending on contracts. That's 3 years of pretty much not needing anyone else from the farm to step up. I think we just sign AHL vets capable of NHL spot duty like Aucoin or Rosehill and reclamation projects like Wolski for the next 3 years we could withstand injuries for the most part.

I can see flipping the 1sts going to Dallas and Anaheim if that makes it closer.

Old
01-17-2013, 01:52 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Washington gets :

For-

You misunderstand. Washington is adding 3rds and other crap as needed to convince teams to retain salary for this year to make this entire thing work.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:22 PM
DL44

Quote:
You misunderstand. Washington is adding 3rds and other crap as needed to convince teams to retain salary for this year to make this entire thing work.
ah.. of course.

So summary:
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik,

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds + additional 3rd rounders and other crap.

So a lineup resulting in:

Ryan - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Riberio - Benn - Wolski
Chimera - O'Reilly - Morrow
Crabb - Winnick - Fehr /Hendricks, Beagle

Carlson - Alzner
Green - Hamrlik
Beauchemin - Poti

Holtby - Giguere

Old
01-17-2013, 03:35 PM
fedfed
@FedFedRMNB

I would consider the Dallas deal, nah to two others.

fedfed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:40 PM
CanuckCity

This could work...in NHL 13

CanuckCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:41 PM
StarsFan74

Quote:
Sorry, but I will pass. Johansson and Ward are the only tenured NHLers, and the latter has been a major disappointment since he hit pay-dirt. He's your problem...not ours.

I like Johansson, but not enough to lose the physicality and strong two-way play (incl. a SH scoring threat) that Benn brings.

Forsberg and Galiev, whilst being good prospects, simply add to our current glut of prospects at the wings. Center prospects are better preferred.

The 1st in 2015, as someone pointed out, is too far away to entice us.

BTW, why do you want $2m of Morrow's salary held back? He's UFA this off-season, y'know and if we're to pay him $2m, you basically end up paying him close-to-nothing considering his pro-rated salary for 48 games is $2.4m.

StarsFan74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:47 PM
Ducksgo*
#EtemUp

Send a message via AIM to Ducksgo*
Quote:
ah.. of course.

So summary:
Washington gets :
-Benn, Morrow, O'Reilly, Giguere, Ryan, Beauchemin, Winnik,

For-
Wilson, Neuvirth, Perreault, Erskine, Forsberg, Johansson, Ward, Galiev, Laich, Kuznetsov, Brouwer, Schultz, THREE 1st round picks, TWO seconds + additional 3rd rounders and other crap.

So a lineup resulting in:

Ryan - Backstrom - Ovechkin
Riberio - Benn - Wolski
Chimera - O'Reilly - Morrow
Crabb - Winnick - Fehr /Hendricks, Beagle

Carlson - Alzner
Green - Hamrlik
Beauchemin - Poti

Holtby - Giguere
So amazing that you Think! Anaheim would do this. And yet
You still include Beuch and Ryan in your deals.

Ducksgo* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:01 PM
DL44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
I don't think anything one way or the other... I was just summarizing his trades.

Old
01-17-2013, 05:07 PM
I3ig13ig

Quote:
If all 3 go through lineup would be

Benn Backstrom Ovechkin
Morrow Ribeiro Ryan
Chimera O'Reilly Winnik
Hendricks Beagle Crabb

Alzner Carlson
Beauchemin Green
Hamrlik Orlov
Poti

Holtby
Giguere

I'd say the holes on offense from losing Laich, Brouwer, etc have been more than filled. Kings are doing fine with basically having no top prospects at this point. Philly and have been doing pretty well. Beauchemin would give 3 solid years, O'Reilly and Benn probably over 5 each depending on contracts. That's 3 years of pretty much not needing anyone else from the farm to step up. I think we just sign AHL vets capable of NHL spot duty like Aucoin or Rosehill and reclamation projects like Wolski for the next 3 years we could withstand injuries for the most part.

I can see flipping the 1sts going to Dallas and Anaheim if that makes it closer.
The likelyhood that one of these goes through is miniscule, nevermind getting all three. At least one team says absolelutely not in each of these deals, Washington included.

NHL13 trades don't work very well in the real league. I think these ones should be left alone.

I3ig13ig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:12 PM
n3ss

Might want to turn injuries off, just in case.

n3ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:18 PM
Ronk

Its safe to assume 2 things when I open a 3 pronged trade offer.

A) The team that is in all 3 trades will almost ALWAYS get the better end

B) Ill have to see the same NHL 10/11/12/13 blasts over and over.

Ronk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:57 PM
DisneyDucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3ss View Post
Might want to turn injuries off, just in case.
Loool

DisneyDucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:03 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarsFan74 View Post
Sorry, but I will pass. Johansson and Ward are the only tenured NHLers, and the latter has been a major disappointment since he hit pay-dirt. He's your problem...not ours.

I like Johansson, but not enough to lose the physicality and strong two-way play (incl. a SH scoring threat) that Benn brings.

Forsberg and Galiev, whilst being good prospects, simply add to our current glut of prospects at the wings. Center prospects are better preferred.

The 1st in 2015, as someone pointed out, is too far away to entice us.

BTW, why do you want $2m of Morrow's salary held back? He's UFA this off-season, y'know and if we're to pay him $2m, you basically end up paying him close-to-nothing considering his pro-rated salary for 48 games is $2.4m.
I'm guessing it may be needed for the cap to work.

I was trying to include at least 2 A class pieces going to each team so it didn't look like those typical Bozak+MacArthur for your everything trades. Johansson is a downgrade on Benn, yes, but he is already a 50 point center with good hockey sense and elite wheels, 2 years younger than Benn as well. Forsberg was by many considered a top 5 prospect for this draft, people were even more shocked by his fall than Grigorienko's. If Niewendyk had decided that he couldn't come to terms with Benn he'd be getting back 2 prospects/young players with A class pedigree and that 1st could turn into something. You never want 1st rounders until the draft, then you can't get enough of them since ZOMG TERAVAINEN IS STILL THERE AT 18. If these went through I anticipate us losing on all 3 long term, but that's the price for having all those players on your team at the same time.

Ward is there for salary but he hasn't been as bad as people think. Nystrom-Fiddler-Ward would be an extremely good 3rd line.

Obviously now that Benn is signed it doesn't matter.

Last edited by Halpysback: 01-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old
01-17-2013, 09:06 PM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducksgo View Post
How is it that far off?

Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world and projects as a top line winger.

Laich is a versatile 20g 50p player who can play any position, including opposite Getzlaf and Perry. Could be good for bringing along Holland, Etem, Palmieri as well.

Brouwer is a 20g 40-50p player who is consistently near the top of the league in hits, plays good defense and took another step last season. I'm only including him since we'd need the savings between him and Winnik.

a 1st and 2 2nds are also valuable.

I can see it not being enough, perhaps another 1st or good prospect away but there's plenty of value there.

Last edited by Halpysback: 01-17-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old
01-17-2013, 09:30 PM
Exit Dose

Quote:
How is it that far off?

Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world and projects as a top line winger.

Laich is a versatile 20g 50p player who can play any position, including opposite Getzlaf and Perry. Could be good for bringing along Holland, Etem, Palmieri as well.

Brouwer is a 20g 40-50p player who is consistently near the top of the league in hits, plays good defense and took another step last season. I'm only including him since we'd need the savings between him and Winnik.

a 1st and 2 2nds are also valuable.

I can see it not being enough, perhaps another 1st or good prospect away but there's plenty of value there.
There's your first mistake. The second is assuming Ryan is playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Palmieri is our first line LW for the moment. We're currently trying to figure out which of Holland or Rakell plays on our 4th line.

It doesn't matter if the value is right if it doesn't directly address our needs.

Exit Dose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:12 AM
Halpysback

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit Dose View Post
There's your first mistake. The second is assuming Ryan is playing with Getzlaf and Perry. Palmieri is our first line LW for the moment. We're currently trying to figure out which of Holland or Rakell plays on our 4th line.

It doesn't matter if the value is right if it doesn't directly address our needs.
What do you disagree with? That Kuznetsov is one of the best prospects in the world? Or that he's still a prospect. He's a 2010 and not in the NHL. If Gormley and Etem can still be considered prospects so can Kuznetsov. As far as his skillset I'm not sure how that's deniable. It's very possibly higher than Ryans, though Ryan is obviously more valuable at this time.

Also, where exactly did you get that I think Ryan plays with Getzlaf and Perry? I'm like the one non ducks fan who knows that's not the case. All I stated is that Laich (or Brouwer for that matter) would make a good complementary winger to Getzlaf and Perry, something that has been largely a third wheel position since Penner left aside from Ryan being there when Anaheim tries to stack the deck or Morrow in the 2010 Olympics.