HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Dave Bolland next contract

Old
01-17-2013, 12:51 PM
DL44

vCash: 133
Quote:
Originally Posted by HossTheBoss View Post
Lawl, this post was awful, you have no idea what you're talking about.

Bolland was never tried as the 2nd line centre last year. They've been reluctant to use him in that role, not because he's not good offensively, but because he is such a good shutdown centre. They've been trying to leave him in that role while trying other players in the 2nd line centre spot (Kane, Kruger, etc).
if you say so.

Edit: Advanced stats say he saw quite a bit of time with Hossa. 13% of his 5on5 time if i'm reading it correctly..
Maybe it was just Hossa on the 3rd line... my bad. Good thing you watch your own team so closely to know it never happened tho.

Last edited by DL44: 01-17-2013 at 02:59 PM.
DL44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:10 PM
Hawkaholic

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
if you say so.
Yup, his most regular line mates were Bickell (24pts), and Frolik (15pts).

Give him a full season with Sharp and Kane, and he should post career numbers (pro rated obviously)

Hawkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 02:47 PM
TorstenFrings
wieder zuhause!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarava View Post
Yeah I agree there. Bolland spends more time in Chicago over the summer than any other player. The guy loves this town. As long as the Hawks want him...he will stay here. I'm not sure I ewould quite put Toews in that category. He bails town as soon as the season ends.
He may not enjoy the city or every last person in the organisation, but he is the captain and seems just the type of player to be very concerned with his legacy, so FWIW I haved him marked as a carreer Hawk too.

TorstenFrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 03:46 PM
Bubba88
Toews = Savior

this year, they will finally try him as #2 Center. If he puts up good numbers, he will get 4-5 million. If not, not much of a raise. Bolland loves playing for the Hawks

Bubba88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:18 PM
Retail1LO

Send a message via ICQ to Retail1LO Send a message via AIM to Retail1LO Send a message via MSN to Retail1LO
Bolland's the 3rd line center for a few reason.

Last year, he was an even 0 in the +/- category. That means his line scored as many goals as the other teams top line. That means either they held the other side's top line to a low total, or they lit the 1st line up. Either way...good by me. If you move Bolland to the 2nd line, what's that do? You're expected to produce points from that spot....on the + side of the +/-. On top of that, you now have to task some other guy with producing the even +/- Bolland proudced on the third line...and looking at OUR roster..good luck with THAT.

Dave Bolland and Jordan Staal are two guys that were tailor GD made for the 3rd line. Great at shutting down 1st lines, and it puts them in a position to go up against a line that's not adept at shutting THEM down. I would love to see Bolland go a couple of season fully healthy as our 3C...with even decent wings.

Retail1LO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:39 PM
xX Hot Fuss
HFBoards Sponsor

Canucks fandom nonsense aside, as long as he doesn't get Grabo $$$$ i'll be happy.

xX Hot Fuss is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:44 PM
Joe Sakic
Goodbye ROR

vCash: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by DL44 View Post
As Kevin Bieksa accurately put it, if it wasn't for the Sedins, no one would know who Bolland was.
I.e. overrated... Especially if he's garnering the title of best 3rd line center in the league by some.

I would predict a contract around his present value... Token raise to $3.5?
But I mean...only cause he owns the Sedins every time though.

Joe Sakic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:21 PM
Sevanston

Quote:
Originally Posted by kratzbuerste View Post
He may not enjoy the city or every last person in the organisation, but he is the captain and seems just the type of player to be very concerned with his legacy, so FWIW I haved him marked as a carreer Hawk too.
I'll be interested to see what he does when his contract here expires. I also have my doubts that he stays in Chicago.

Like you said, he seems like the kind of player who would be concerned about his legacy. And even though his legacy is excellent in Chicago, he would be the eternal franchise king of Winnipeg.

Sevanston is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
WTFetus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AvsFan20 View Post
But I mean...only cause he owns the Sedins every time though.
Seriously. I honestly don't get what Bieksa was trying to say in that comment. It makes it sound like Bolland is well-known because he completely nullifies the Sedins.

WTFetus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:00 PM
massivegoonery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevanston View Post
I'll be interested to see what he does when his contract here expires. I also have my doubts that he stays in Chicago.

Like you said, he seems like the kind of player who would be concerned about his legacy. And even though his legacy is excellent in Chicago, he would be the eternal franchise king of Winnipeg.
Seriously. He already won the cup here, if he goes to Winnipeg and brings them the cup he's ****ing Messier.

massivegoonery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:02 PM
Kershaw

vCash: 50
Bolland should rightfully demand 5-6m long term. He is one of the best, if not the best pure shutdown player in the league.

Kershaw is offline   Reply With Quote