HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Central Division > Colorado Avalanche
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

In Soviet Russia, Ryan O'Reilly signs you.

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 09:48 PM
S E P H
@Krzysztof_WHL

vCash: 500
terrible trade for Boston.

Also I don't know how anybody could hate ROR for a business negotiating. If there is a man to hate in all of this, it is his agent who is probably telling him what the best is for him.

I'm actually not surprised there is zero improvement currently. ROR's agent sent them what they want, Avs said no and countered with the current deal on the table. I don't know if ROR's agent responded to that, but I think the Avs are playing the waiting game on him because yes he is an important part to our team, losing him for a week or two isn't a big loss.

Last edited by S E P H: 01-17-2013 at 10:37 PM.
Old
01-17-2013, 09:50 PM
The Kingslayer

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
From the main board

What do you guys think?
hahaha who ever proposed that must hate Boston and love the Avs. If that gets offered to Sherman he takes it in a heart beat

Old
01-17-2013, 09:52 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

vCash: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I won't say I'm NOT bias because I am, I don't like the player or his attitude (as a person, he seems like a good guy though, from what I've seen in interviews) and you're right, everything here does get blown out of proportion. However, this player has always thought he was WAYYY better than he actually is...(his current insane demands are also proof of this) and he also has a tendency to rub teammates the wrong way.

Ask yourself this question, do I have this kind of attitude towards any other habs? No, I really don't care much about the Habs at all. This is about this particular player's attitude towards the game and how he conducts himself on the ice. He could be on the Winnipeg Jets and I'd feel the same way.

In essense, he is the anti-Landeskog.

I just watched the 'My Season' NHL network special featuring Landeskog yesterday. When he came into the league, he was asking veterans for advice and knew his place and was very humbled to be there.

When Subban came into the league, it was like "your savior has arrived, I AM here now". There is a huge difference between confidence and a little cockiness and being an outright egotistical jerk in the dressing room. And regardless what you think about how it's been 'blown up' in the Montreal media, the fact is that it HAS been a problem in the montreal dressing room and he's been in quite a few fights with his own teammates at practice.

He's more of a headache than he's worth, in my opinion. PLUS, in my opinion, he's still got some work to do on his game defensively and there is still the issue of staying out of the box.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

http://www.nhl.com/ice/playerstats.h...=nav-sts-indiv

Has led the league in minor penalties for the past 2 years since coming into the league.
how many fights did Subban had with his teammates in practice ?? at least couple, right ?? i remember one with David Deharnais.

Remember Hall Gill , who was suppose to be his mentor , when he goes to the media and said something like : *** him there's nothing i can do to help him anymore , i quit ... something like that .

oh and the arguments that PK had with Randy ladouceur .

Old
01-17-2013, 09:55 PM
Freudian
Classless IMO

If it's not done when the season starts, I'll just treat it as O'Reilly having a concussion (which isn't that far from the truth) and we all know there isn't a time table for that to heal.

I'll just focus on Avs and the players that want to be there. Hockey is back.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avsare1 View Post
Agreed, but I don't think they'll be the ones doing the negotiating in the offseason if it comes to that.

IMO if Oreilly isn't signed by around the 6-10 game mark of the season, he wont play another game in an Avs jersey. Theres gonna come a point when management will say enough is enough, they'll give him one final offer to either take it or leave it, and if he doesn't take it he'll be shipped out pretty quickly.

And honestly, I'm ok with that scenario, It'll force something to happen, and if we trade Oreilly it will more then likely fill a big hole on Defense, while creating a much smaller hole in the 3C position, which is a lot easier to fill then a Top pairing Dman.

So either way I'm ok with whatever happens, but it needs to happen sooner rather then later, when were out of the playoffs.
I agree with that but depending on our start, I think without RoR and the fact that our team was already a playoff bubble team to begin with, I'd imagine they'd deal him at the draft and let him play out the season in the KHL.

We also have Sacco as coach to consider...at some point, that's just too many negatives to deal with.

I really hope the Avs sign him, I don't really care for how much, in reality. Almost every team in the league is paying some guy too much (Horcoff, Kaberle, Komisarek, etc, etc, etc) and if we're doing that with our hardest working player, I'm fine with it.

I was SO looking forward to rolling 3 offensive lines and seeing how other teams would try to defend that and now this contract dispute has put a whole damper on the season.

Instead of giving away little things here and there to the fans, the Avs should just sign O'Reilly.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freudian View Post
If it's not done when the season starts, I'll just treat it as O'Reilly having a concussion (which isn't that far from the truth) and we all know there isn't a time table for that too heal.

Same here. I won't be worrying too much about O'Reilly, I'll just be enjoying the fact that we can watch the Aves again.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:59 PM
Mifroid

He was a hero for the Avs fans weeks ago, and now everyone wants him gone

Old
01-17-2013, 10:00 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
Not this Avs fan.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Avs_19
Peter the Great

You might not care now but I think people will be worrying about O'Reilly if the Avs get off to a rough start.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:04 PM
The Shermanator
Tank Commander

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
Same here. I won't be worrying too much about O'Reilly, I'll just be enjoying the fact that we can watch the Aves again.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:05 PM
BrickAHL
WOATalanche

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Shermanator View Post
What's wrong with the Aves?

Old
01-17-2013, 10:09 PM
The Shermanator
Tank Commander

vCash: 137
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAHL View Post
What's wrong with the Aves?

Go back to New Deli!

Old
01-17-2013, 10:12 PM
Frenchy
Mod Supervisor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mifroid View Post
No one wants him gone , we would welcome him back with open arms.
We are just frustrated by this situation , that's all. It's not everyday that you see a RFA going to russia with two years deal and playing hardballs with his NHL team.

It's an unusual situation and i can understand the reaction of the fans.
But again as far as wanting him gone , i can assure you that it's not the case, if he decide to comaback to Denver all of us are willing to welcome him back ,put everything behind and start all over again and forget the past .

Old
01-17-2013, 10:13 PM
Nihiliste

Quote:
If it's not done when the season starts, I'll just treat it as O'Reilly having a concussion (which isn't that far from the truth) and we all know there isn't a time table for that to heal.

Agreed.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:15 PM
Mifroid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenchy View Post
We are just frustrated by this situation , that's all. It's not everyday that you see a RFA going to russia with two years deal and playing hardballs with his NHL team.

But again as far as wanting him gone , i can assure you that it's not the case, if he decide to comaback to Denver all of us are willing to welcome him back ,put everything behind and start all over again and forget the past .
I'd also love to see him back with the team. Was just pointing out how many fans here were saying they'd trade him only because of what he did. I loved our 3 scoring lines, and it's really sad Ryan isn't on the line-up saturday.

But if he doesn't want to play for us, we'll have to trade him.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:

Nothing against the guy, but I really really want a top pairing d-man.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:32 PM
Bender
TheHockeyProspector

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxOfChocolates View Post
Nothing against the guy, but I really really want a top pairing d-man.
I understand that but Zanon's beard should go a long way to fill some of that void, no?

Old
01-17-2013, 10:42 PM
danmcn12
#freeRedmond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Varmalov View Post
From the main board

What do you guys think?
Krejci is probably as good as good as Radar ever will be. That would never be done in Boston though. Krejci is a good, responsible two way center despite his size and stereotype. Still, I would hate losing Radar.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:51 PM
BoxOfChocolates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bender View Post
I understand that but Zanon's beard should go a long way to fill some of that void, no?
Look nobody's more optimistic about Zanon's beard then I am, but I still think it's just not quite long enough yet to play alongside EJ.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:12 PM
Freaky Styley

Quote:
Originally Posted by danmcn12 View Post
Krejci is probably as good as good as Radar ever will be. That would never be done in Boston though. Krejci is a good, responsible two way center despite his size and stereotype. Still, I would hate losing Radar.
Not to mention playoff performer

Old
01-17-2013, 11:21 PM
Mouse21*

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperTheGreat View Post
BTW, wasn't Duchene moved to wing due to underperformance? at center? Seems like the move was to derail the disaster that was occurring at the center position. Point was, it had been considered, it had been done, and it may be considered again if another top center were brought in. Maybe Benn could play on Duchene's wing. A wealth of centers is never a bad thing.

Ed: also, maybe it was Duchene who was failing, not the experiment at what position he played???????
it will not be considered again because it didn't work AT ALL and he dislikes playing on the wing. Doesn't matter what your point was.

Quote:
No one wants him gone
i do.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:55 PM
SuperTheGreat
Swim Instructor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post
it will not be considered again because it didn't work AT ALL and he dislikes playing on the wing. Doesn't matter what your point was.
Well, when you put it that way...I guess you're right. No one else need bother with a point or an opinion. Thanks for enlightening us all on how it didn't work, on Duchene's likes and dislikes, for the insight into future coaching staff decisions, and for discrediting other posters'/fans' points.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Freudian
Classless IMO

Good blog by Dater.

You have to hope there are some sane people around O'Reilly that can guide him in the right direction.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:09 AM
Duchene2MacKinnon
Personality

Quote:
Good blog by Dater.

You have to hope there are some sane people around O'Reilly that can guide him in the right direction.
Well if he's got the same guy as the one Turris has, I'd say Ryan will be just fine.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:10 AM
chewey
dmitri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouse21 View Post

i do.
You want a guy gone just because he wants money? I think people expect him to use that money to buy lambos and get the ladies. For all you know he could be penny pinching so he could give more to charity. Would that change your view on him?

Closed Thread