Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Winnipeg Jets 2013 Draft Talk

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 03:13 PM
Huffer

vCash: 50
Anyone catch the CHL prospects game last night?

I only saw a bit, and thought the Petan line looked pretty good.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:46 PM
ps241
The Danish Dash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying High View Post
If you want to make the Russian team, its a disadvantage playing in the CHL. They seem to like guys that stay home. I likd Zadorov. Even if he doesn't come along offensively, defensively he'd look good beside Bogosian or Trouba in a few years. I like big dmen that actually use their size.
In the TSN highlight package from the prospects game they showed Zaradov throwing a very stiff open ice hit on MacKinnon (at least that's who I think the 2 guys were). Pretty heavy hit that makes you hold your breath a bit. Kid seems like a beast!

Old
01-17-2013, 03:54 PM
surixon

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
In the TSN highlight package from the prospects game they showed Zaradov throwing a very stiff open ice hit on MacKinnon (at least that's who I think the 2 guys were). Pretty heavy hit that makes you hold your breath a bit. Kid seems like a beast!
I would be quite happy with Zaradov as well. He's a very good two-way guy.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:00 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by ps241 View Post
Ya, it was Zaradov on MacKinnon. Nice hip check. He had a couple of nice hits. Big dude. Stood people up at blueline too, which I like. Nurse did that a couple of times too. He showed a good defensive game too.

Not sure if its just me, but I found MacKinnon and Drouin would show flashes of speed and skill, but didn't really get much done. Mantha seemed to be in the play a fair bit, and Domi too.

I think its fair to say Jones looks like the most developed prospect, in that game. I see him going 1st, especially if a team like the Islanders are picking 1st overall.

Old
01-17-2013, 04:59 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob E View Post
Ya, it was Zaradov on MacKinnon. Nice hip check. He had a couple of nice hits. Big dude. Stood people up at blueline too, which I like. Nurse did that a couple of timets too. He showed a good defensive game too.

Not sure if its just me, but I found MacKinnon and Drouin would show flashes of speed and skill, but didn't really get much done. Mantha seemed to be in the play a fair bit, and Domi too.

I think its fair to say Jones looks like the most developed prospect, in that game. I see him going 1st, especially if a team like the Islanders are picking 1st overall.
I wonder if the CBJ are crazy / stupid enough to take another defender. Tim Erixon would probably make our team, but they have no room fir him and that is with Murray sidelined.

Old
01-17-2013, 07:16 PM
jetkarma

CBJ have three first round picks this year and I suppose that is how it should be. Giving a perennial bottom dweller a chance to build into a playoff team.

If they finish last I would be surprised if they did not take Jones ( at this point ) they have 2 more picks to go offense.If he is their top rated player , they take him and feel very very very good imo.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:06 PM
JetsHomer

I liked Hartman last night. I saw him throw 3 big hits in the first seven minutes.

Physical American player? Sounds like our type of guy. If we get a 20ish pick I could see us taking him.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:04 PM
untouchable21
You've been TROUBA'D

Quote:
I liked Hartman last night. I saw him throw 3 big hits in the first seven minutes.

Physical American player? Sounds like our type of guy. If we get a 20ish pick I could see us taking him.
Yeah, I can see him being up there on Chevy's list especially if we're picking in that range. Reminds me a little of Callahan.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:28 PM
lanky

Quote:

Speaking of physical American forwards, I like Erne even more. He's bigger, faster and probably a better scorer. He might not be as nasty as Hartman but he's got no shortage of grit.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:33 PM
mondo3

vCash: 571
TSN's Season Preview Show has us finishing 14th in East, so we'd have top 4 pick. but lets hope they're way off

Old
01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
TroubaFan1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
TSN's Season Preview Show has us finishing 14th in East, so we'd have top 4 pick. but lets hope they're way off
Lets hope they are off, but 14th could very well be possible.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:51 PM
wpgsilver
HFBoards Sponsor

vCash: 942
Sportsnet has us finishing 14th as well.
Hmm...

Old
01-17-2013, 10:58 PM
tbcwpg

I could see it. It'll be a tough year.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Bob E

Not sure about finishing 14th. I think the Isles, Leafs and likely Florida will finish lower than the Jets, imo.

After that, i think there will be as many as 5 teams that might only be separated by 3 or 4 points. We likely will be in that mix, where if you get lucky and stay healthy, you might be okay.

But one key injury (Pavy, Buff, Wheels, etc.) and Jets might be battling the Isles for 14th.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:11 PM
truck
HFB Partner

vCash: 495
Quote:
Not sure about finishing 14th. I think the Isles, Leafs and likely Florida will finish lower than the Jets, imo.

After that, i think there will be as many as 5 teams that might only be separated by 3 or 4 points. We likely will be in that mix, where if you get lucky and stay healthy, you might be okay.

But one key injury (Pavy, Buff, Wheels, etc.) and Jets might be battling the Isles for 14th.
If Pav rebounds to 2010-11 form, that alone could push the Jets into the playoffs. If he actually proves himself as a top end goalie, then it won't be a matter of could.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:13 PM
Bob E

Quote:
Originally Posted by truck View Post
If Pav rebounds to 2010-11 form, that alone could push the Jets into the playoffs. If he actually proves himself as a top end goalie, then it won't be a matter of could.
Agreed. Though if they play defensively like they did last year, Quick may not have got the Jets into the playoffs.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:33 PM
jetkarma

Really , this year you can guess , but truly it would be that. Short season, injuries , iffy goaltending , bad luck / no luck , could mean a swing from 7th or 8th to 12th in the conference.

Playoffs would be FABULOUS , a top 6 pick would be pretty darn good though for the long term for this team.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:56 PM
garret9
AKA#VitoCorrelationi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondo3 View Post
14 is possible...

But I don't have much faith in predictions for a sports broadcast that can't even get what side the star D play...

I know it's minor but they listed Enstrom as RD and Byfuglien as LD... I get it that it's not a big deal for a casual or even maybe extreme fan to know, but when what's supposed to be the #1 source for hockey is announcing what they think the lines should be...

/rant lol

Quote:
Agreed. Though if they play defensively like they did last year, Quick may not have got the Jets into the playoffs.
Quick almost posted a .930... If you want to see what the Jets' look like with .930 look at December... That whole month was short 1 top4 Dman too for almost all of it.
0.915 and we would have been in the playoffs...
Kings were no doubt a better team, especially defensively, but I think he still would have been above the 0.915 threshold on the Jets last year

Old
01-18-2013, 01:28 AM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
Speaking of physical American forwards, I like Erne even more. He's bigger, faster and probably a better scorer. He might not be as nasty as Hartman but he's got no shortage of grit.
I really like Erne too.

I've been watching QMJHL stuff and there is such a shocking amount of talent in that league this year.

Erne and Gauthier are two of my favourite talents from the Q.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:12 PM
lanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
I really like Erne too.

I've been watching QMJHL stuff and there is such a shocking amount of talent in that league this year.

Erne and Gauthier are two of my favourite talents from the Q.
I think I like Gauthier a lot as a prospect too. Haven't seen him at all though other than a couple shifts on Wednesday. He sure is tall. Do you think his offense will grow to the point where he could be a second line centre in the NHL? Is Bjugstadt a decent comparable?

Old
01-18-2013, 09:18 PM
Sweech
COYS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanky View Post
I think I like Gauthier a lot as a prospect too. Haven't seen him at all though other than a couple shifts on Wednesday. He sure is tall. Do you think his offense will grow to the point where he could be a second line centre in the NHL? Is Bjugstadt a decent comparable?
Yeah, I believe he absolutely has 2nd line upside. In the mold of a two-way defensive center.

Just a smart player overall. One thing I can see is he understands how to use leverage on other players. Some players are big, but don't quite know how to use their size to their advantage. He knows.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:20 PM
lanky

I can't imagine the Jets faltering so much that they'd be picking top 6 in June. There will be enough teams that will sell off their veterans once the playoffs look unlikely. The Jets won't be one of them. Unfortunately, I think we'll finish around 10th in the East. The playoffs would be amazing and a top 6 pick would be a fantastic consolation, but I don't see us getting either.

Old
01-31-2013, 09:35 AM
Huffer

Thoughts from some of our more connected junior hockey posters in regards to the updated TSN List?

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

Would really like to hear thoughts on the 7-15 area (guessing we might be in there), as well as the 30-40 area for our 2nd round pick, and the 45-60+ area for our two other seconds.

Old
01-31-2013, 10:11 AM
Gm0ney

vCash: 1300
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huffer View Post
Thoughts from some of our more connected junior hockey posters in regards to the updated TSN List?

http://www.tsn.ca/draftcentre/feature/?id=9840

Would really like to hear thoughts on the 7-15 area (guessing we might be in there), as well as the 30-40 area for our 2nd round pick, and the 45-60+ area for our two other seconds.
My best guess is that the Jets' list would look similar to this - except eliminate anyone under 6' and reorder a bit by height/weight. Not sure where they'd slot European players - 2 straight drafts of North Americans and an organizational nonchalance about hanging on to seemingly promising Euro prospects (see: Kulda and Pettersson-Wentzel). You have to think Chevy likes the look of Zadorov, though...

Old
01-31-2013, 12:17 PM
JetsHomer

Knowing their track record I think TN will be interested in Gauthier, Erne, Zadorov and Hartman

Closed Thread