HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Vancouver Canucks
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Canucks Injury Thread - Feb 27 - Bieksa (groin), Kesler (air cast, TBU)

Closed Thread

Old
01-16-2013, 01:33 PM
Lonny Bohonos
Kassian = P.A.G.A.N

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-rock View Post
Reading that also confirms to me that Botchford is is a moron, yet again.
Yeah but i dont think another article on botch was needed to show hes a knob-end.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:36 PM
PRNuck
Retain Kevin Lowe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonny Bohonos View Post
Yeah but i dont think another article on botch was needed to show hes a knob-end.
Hahaha my favourite part was when PITB asked him if he was trying to imply that Booth had visited the groin pullingest states.

Old
01-16-2013, 05:20 PM
vanuck
Griffiths Way Goons

Yeah, our media in this city are a bunch of real idiots. Incompetent and lazy... worst combo ever.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:44 PM
John Bender*

I want the Canucks to get rid of Booth. I like him as a player, but he is always injured. Injuries have plagued him since his arrival in Vancouver and prior to his time here. He is just like Tim Connolly - a good player but can't stay in the lineup.

You can't win in this league without a good top 6 and while he is a good top 6 player he is simply not available enough.

I hope Gillis looks to add another top 6 player somehow and gets rid of DB.

Old
01-16-2013, 06:47 PM
PG Canuck

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by StanGrossman View Post
I want the Canucks to get rid of Booth. I like him as a player, but he is always injured. Injuries have plagued him since his arrival in Vancouver and prior to his time here. He is just like Tim Connolly - a good player but can't stay in the lineup.

You can't win in this league without a good top 6 and while he is a good top 6 player he is simply not available enough.

I hope Gillis looks to add another top 6 player somehow and gets rid of DB.
I suppose you feel the same about Kesler?

Old
01-16-2013, 07:01 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I suppose you feel the same about Kesler?
He's too good to let go, even though he could now probably be described as injury prone. Booth is not as good as Kesler and seems even more injury prone.

Kesler propensity for injuries are outweighed by his overall value to the team.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:02 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

I know it was talked in the article about his schedule of waking up at 4 am training, hunting, eating then hunting again then go to sleep... I just wish he spent half the time training as he did hunting. For me its not even an issue about him hunting (I could care less if he hunts or not) & more so him focussing on that instead of his job.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:04 PM
Tiranis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imagine17 View Post
I know it was talked in the article about his schedule of waking up at 4 am training, hunting, eating then hunting again then go to sleep... I just wish he spent half the time training as he did hunting. For me its not even an issue about him hunting (I could care less if he hunts or not) & more so him focussing on that instead of his job.
Booth is one of the hardest training athletes in the NHL. Hell, he just got injured because according to AV he overtrained during the lockout.

When he got to Canucks last season he was told to train less because he was overdoing it.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:10 PM
John Bender*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post
Booth is one of the hardest training athletes in the NHL. Hell, he just got injured because according to AV he overtrained during the lockout.

When he got to Canucks last season he was told to train less because he was overdoing it.
If anything, perhaps Booth needs to train less. There are lots of facits of Booth's game you could critique - but fitness is not one of them.

Old
01-16-2013, 07:14 PM
Scottrockztheworld*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiranis View Post

Know most of this. I guess I should of been more specific: I wish he would have spent more time on the ice instead of doing his favorite past time.

I wonder if the bold is true or if its just AV misguiding?

Old
01-16-2013, 08:06 PM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Overtraining = too much weight training?

Old
01-16-2013, 10:46 PM
LolClarkson*
Canucks 4 the cup

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiCanucks View Post
Pure speculation but that might be the cause of his injury. Sometimes when someone is so used to being fit, when they are out of shape they forget they cannot do things they usually can.
double post

Last edited by LolClarkson*: 01-17-2013 at 01:05 AM.
Old
01-17-2013, 01:41 PM
Lindt

Quote:
Originally Posted by vector209 View Post
You can't blame fans for being down on players that don't contribute to winning in any way. Nothing NugentHopkins said is false. Booth got the benefit of the doubt last year after his injury, where fans kept saying 'wait till he comes back, give him a chance'. He got a chance all right: he got a chance to further drag down that second line.

I know being a Canucks fan is hard, where one has to constantly ignore the past because it's just mired with misery, but sometimes you need to study the past to avoid making the same mistakes in the future. This guy just isn't a good player anymore, and this was made evident last year more times than not.

I'm sick and tired of fans who bash fans--that bash the players--due to some misguided notion that you should support any Canuck unconditionally. I support the team, first and foremost, not a name on the back of the jersey. If player x isn't producing, then he's hurting the team, and he needs to go.

This team can't score. Booth was brought in to do that, but he doesn't even do that very well because he's either injured or completely useless out there. How many more playoff losses where the team is exposed as being offensively anemic do people need to endure before they change their tune?
Exactly. The problem lies in our lack of playmakers. Everything is tighter in the playoffs and if you can't dish the puck and find the open man you're useless. What forward not named Sedin has the ability to pass and make plays involving other line mates? The rest of the forward lineup are a bunch of individuals who try to do everything themselves and fail in the playoffs when it just doesn't work.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:25 PM
FAMOUSfin

Quote:
Ryan Kesler ‏@Ryan_Kesler

It’s time to play. #OwnTheMoment pic.twitter.com/8d69bRQK
Don't get my hopes up like that Kes!!!

edit

Kesler's set up ability is being criminally undervalued. Just sucks seeing him pass it off to Booth on a rush and Booth only being able to try a backhander because he's on his off wing. Put a RHS on that side Hansen/Kassian.

Last edited by FAMOUSfin: 01-17-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old
01-17-2013, 07:37 PM
StringerBell

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post

edit

Kesler's set up ability is being criminally undervalued. Just sucks seeing him pass it off to Booth on a rush and Booth only being able to try a backhander because he's on his off wing. Put a RHS on that side Hansen/Kassian.
Booth looked pretty good playing RW at times last season, just like he looked pretty bad on the LW at times last season. Remember this goal?

Old
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
monster_bertuzzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by StringerBell View Post
Booth looked pretty good playing RW at times last season, just like he looked pretty bad on the LW at times last season. Remember this goal?

Is that a Rome-Alberts pair on defence I see?

Old
01-18-2013, 12:13 AM
Lindt

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAMOUSfin View Post

edit

You saw him pass?! You should buy a lottery ticket.

Ever since his big year he's acted like he's the only one on the ice, the only one who should have the puck and the only one who should take shots. Also, every shot is a wrister at the top of the circles while rushing into the zone, 3/4 of which are now blocked because it is entirely predictable.

I know he has it in him and would love to see him act like more of a playmaker again but I haven't seen it for a long time.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:17 AM
pahlsson

yeah kesler is a very capable passer/playmaker, he just doesn't do it anymore

Old
01-18-2013, 12:29 AM
Reverend Mayhem

Send a message via Skype™ to Reverend Mayhem
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanuck View Post
Best quote of the article, and why the Booth situation really rustles my jimmies.

Quote:
Moreover, his conservative Christianity and tendency to express that conservative Christianity publicly were intolerable to those who preach tolerance.
Also not giving any of my attention to Botchford ever again. **** that guy.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:00 AM
Taelin
Resident Hipster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend Mayhem View Post
Best quote of the article, and why the Booth situation really rustles my jimmies.

Also not giving any of my attention to Botchford ever again. **** that guy.
I could just taste the irony in that quote.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:49 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
yeah kesler is a very capable passer/playmaker, he just doesn't do it anymore
I'd be reluctant to pass a lot if I had his linemates too.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:57 AM
Outside99*
Sedins off Kas

Booth can tweet whatever the heck he wants within reason as long as he scores goals, stays healthy, hits on a regular basis (ex. Richards), battles for pucks, learns to throw something else than his "drive to the net" fastball, backchecks and generally is not a liability for Kes.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:58 AM
pahlsson

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG Canuck View Post
I'd be reluctant to pass a lot if I had his linemates too.
good to know

Old
01-18-2013, 02:00 AM
PG Canuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by pahlsson View Post
good to know
I thought so too.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:03 AM
BoHorvatFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outside99 View Post
Booth can tweet whatever the heck he wants within reason as long as he scores goals, stays healthy, hits on a regular basis (ex. Richards), battles for pucks, learns to throw something else than his "drive to the net" fastball, backchecks and generally is not a liability for Kes.
Yeah those things aren't going to change. You just summed up a horrible hockey player, easily one of the most clueless I have ever seen. He's lucky he has enough natural ability and speed to be somewhat effective because he has the worst hockey sense.

Closed Thread