HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must use the RUMOR prefix in thread title. Proposals must contain the PROPOSAL prefix in the thread title.

Calgary needs to move defenseman

Old
01-17-2013, 11:59 PM
Lord Flacko*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Those aren't the kinds of contracts Calgary likes. You'd need add Ballard to make them feel more comfortable.
Raymond, Ballard, 3rd???

Lord Flacko* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:04 AM
gdsmack267

Wouldnt mind the pens targeting Sarich if the price was low. Could use another depth stay at home type defender

gdsmack267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:35 AM
TheHudlinator

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by LickTheEnvelope View Post
I actually like Smith and Brodie a lot more than Butler.
Smith is a better skater and it makes him more noticeable but like alot of defensive players Butler goes unnoticed he isn't flashy and isn't a threat offensively but he is vastly better than Smith at defense and when our other top 3 defenseman are Gio,Jbo,Wideman someone has to play defense.

TheHudlinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:59 AM
Paper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGleninator View Post
Smith is a better skater and it makes him more noticeable but like alot of defensive players Butler goes unnoticed he isn't flashy and isn't a threat offensively but he is vastly better than Smith at defense and when our other top 3 defenseman are Gio,Jbo,Wideman someone has to play defense.
Oh, I wish I didn't notice Butler. He's was the most noticable defenseman the Flames had last year, and for all the wrong reasons. Just cause he isn't scoring doesn't mean he's playing defensively. His asset has always been his puck moving and yet he failed that far too often and probably made the most defensive gaffs out of all the defensemen the Flames had.

I will give him some benefit as he was placed into a top 2 role he had no business being in and that wasn't his fault. Maybe now that he can play a reduced role and have some shelter against the best players he will become less noticable.

I'd argue all 3 of the players you listed can play far greater defensively than Butler, and that's saying something when one of them is Wideman.

Paper is offline   Reply With Quote