HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Los Angeles Kings
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

TSN Preview

Old
01-17-2013, 10:02 PM
Shootmaster_44

vCash: 500
TSN Preview

TSN just had their season preview show and they expect a Kings/Pittsburgh Finals with the Pens winning. However, it was the consensus but a couple of the panelists expect the Kings to repeat. It is nice the Kings are getting respect from the media.

Shootmaster_44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

All we have to do now is get that lease deal done in Sacramento and re-sign Doty and Kopidor.

Rorschach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:23 PM
deeshamrock

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
TSN just had their season preview show and they expect a Kings/Pittsburgh Finals with the Pens winning. However, it was the consensus but a couple of the panelists expect the Kings to repeat. It is nice the Kings are getting respect from the media.
It's nice somebody recognizes how good they are. Tonight the NHL Network did their Pacifc Division review and out of 5 of them, only Kevin Weeks said the kings would go back to the finals. Barry Melrose (whose voice alone irritates my bowels) said 'no way' the Kings get back, and repeated it thruout the show. So did the others. If they said one more time that the Kings can't score goals, were '29th'....arrghhh, that was Terry Murray's team, not Sutters. How about doing some actual analyzing? That after Carter and from Mar 1 on, the 2nd highest scoring team in the league after Pitts..over 3 goals a game.

Some dolt with the Toronto Star picked the Kings 7th in the Western Conference...

And as much as the Pens put up a lo0t of goals, they are weak defensively and Fluery needs to regain his composure. I can't see them getting past the Bruins or the Rangers.

deeshamrock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:27 PM
Flour Child
Unleavened User

vCash: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach View Post
All we have to do now is get that lease deal done in Sacramento and re-sign Doty and Kopidor.
Brilliant!

Flour Child is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:34 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dingo View Post
Brilliant!

Us Kings fans are all about respect but now that we have a little, I'm now re-enjoying being an underdog again. Is there something wrong with me (us)?

Old
01-17-2013, 10:36 PM
Shootmaster_44

Quote:
Yeah we definitely need a new corporate sponsor on the arena. I hate playing out of the Sleep Train Arena.

As for the Toronto Star, I have no problem being in 7th, it isn't like the Kings can't win a Cup from a low playoff spot. They proved last year all you have to do is make it in.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:45 PM
kingsfan28
Viva Los Cucarachas!

Some still wont get off the Sharks bandwagon, still picking them first in the west and contenting for a title. I guess they missed how bad their pk was and the goalies haven't lived up to their expectation. As for a Kings/Pens final, it would be nice but unless Fleury can figure out his playoff game again, it wont be them, even with Crosby and Malkin.

If there ever was a year to repeat, this will be it and I cant wait for the title defense to begin.

kingsfan28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:50 PM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Hmmm would make an interesting thread...who's a$$ do you want to beat down more in the playoffs this year?

Old
01-17-2013, 10:56 PM
Whiskeypete

i like the underdog role also, to me it's an advantage.

my picks that i gave my dad, for vegas

EAST - NYR and PIT (darkhorse - BOS)

NYR - best overall team and depth. scoring will likely improve this season. very good team D and the #2 goalie in the league.

PIT- close behind, but (and this is a big but) is Crosby. if he goes down can Malkin carry the team again? no Stall to fall back on down the middle if 87 is out. there D corp is not even close to NYR. i also can't forget the series against PHI last year. they were horrible and Fleury couldn't stop anything.

BOS - if either trips then BOS

comes down to a NYR and BOS series, with NYR advancing. PIT goes down after losing either 71 or 87 and their porous D we saw last year returns.

WEST - LA and STL (darkhorse - VAN)

LA - have a lot to prove. can they repeat? can they show doubters and the league they aren't a fluke. big ? marks are Kopi's and Willie's knee and Quick's back. will they come back fast and with no complications? i think they find a great balance of scoring finally, coupled with strong D and the #1 keeper make them deadly.

STL - to me they are LA in a different uniform. they play similar styles and the team build is similar, just a bit smaller. they had the best goalie tandem last season, but not in the playoffs where it counts. this combined with being over matched against LA's size made the difference.

VAN - they keep sniffing around, but can't win the big one (fine by me as i hate Vancrapper). dumping Roberta Lu will help their cause. beyond that i honestly don't know if they can win the big one. some teams just never can make it.

the west is won by LA or STL, which ever team is healthy. both teams play so physically that which ever team has their roster intact advances to the SC. the two teams are so close i can't call it.

SC is NYR - LA or STL

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 10:59 PM
damacles1156

Quote:
Hmmm would make an interesting thread...who's a$$ do you want to beat down more in the playoffs this year?
The Blues, for all the hype they got last year the Kings Hammered them.

It was a lopsided affair after game 1. I am also interested to see how Pietrangelo performs this year, now that the league knows the Blues Offense starts and ends with him.

Teams are not going to allow Pie ice to skate at all. Drew went through the same thing.

Also everyone knows Hitch's message gets stale after a bit, he has proven to have a shelf life.

damacles1156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:03 PM
Shootmaster_44

I want to see the Kings beat down either Pittsburgh or Washington. Anze Kopitar is a star, yet he doesn't get anywhere near the press that Crosby, Malkin or Ovechkin get. It would be nice for him to dominate them in the playoffs and prove to the doubters who truly is a star. I'd want Anze to have about 10 goals and like 5 assists in that series.

I'd also like to see the Kings run through all the Canadian teams. I live in Oil Country and would love to see the Kings kick the Oilers in the playoffs. It would be fantastic to be at Rexall in person to see that. Flames fans aren't as smug as Oilers fans, but it would be nice to run through them too. Its also always nice to kick the Canucks.

Old
01-17-2013, 11:06 PM
Whiskeypete

Quote:
Originally Posted by damacles1156 View Post

It was a lopsided affair after game 1. I am also interested to see how Pietrangelo performs this year, now that the league knows the Blues Offense starts and ends with him.

Teams are not going to allow Pie ice to skate at all. Drew went through the same thing.

Also everyone knows Hitch's message gets stale after a bit, he has proven to have a shelf life.
STL went into melt down mode mentally. LA's size and forecheck brought that out. LA took advantage. STL's tenders that also carried them went to crap at an opportune time for us. LA has more depth imo at F and D. that depth imo is also more talented when you compare on paper and more importantly on the ice. LA steamrolled them, but the Blues have a damn good team imo

Whiskeypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 11:20 PM
SCARFACE909

Quote:

We'll find out if they're the Oilers who learned from the Islanders in the playoffs, or the Flyers who learned nothing from being swept by Detroit in '97.

SCARFACE909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:21 AM
cyclones22

Quote:

The Blues got a clown suit put on them by the Kings. You'll hear some Blues fans spin on it. I think one of them on the main board pointed out the Blues outshot the Kings in 3 games or something. Never once felt threatened by those guys. Injuries, whatever. They couldn't even win a single game. Not mentally tough enough.

cyclones22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:44 AM
Herby
Culture Changer

I hate the Blues. I went to game 2 of the series last year and never have I seen such whining and excuses from a fanbase. Was so great when the Kings just beat the crap out of them that night.

Herby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

I want to beat down San Jose. We owe them one and I would love to sweep them and hopefully send them off to rebuild mode, hehe.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:47 AM
Ron
Bandwagon Since 1967

Milbury giving L.A. the love while doofus anchor excludes Kings as a "heavyweight" in the Western Conference.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...e-in-the-west/

01-18-2013, 01:58 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herby View Post
I hate the Blues. I went to game 2 of the series last year and never have I seen such whining and excuses from a fanbase. Was so great when the Kings just beat the crap out of them that night.
Man they had a new excuse every game.

Old
01-18-2013, 02:28 AM
Martyros

Quote:
one does not simply....re-sign Kopidor.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:32 AM
Martyros

Quote:
The Coyotes/Canucks. again.I just feel so good after.

Martyros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:23 AM
Inner Turbulence

Send a message via MSN to Inner Turbulence
Quote:
I want to beat down San Jose. We owe them one and I would love to sweep them and hopefully send them off to rebuild mode, hehe.
I'm with you on that one. Would be nice to get them back for the 2011 playoff debacle. Would also help the Kings stake a stronger claim as "top dog" in the Pacific Division in the eyes of the "experts" as well as the division rivals.

Inner Turbulence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 04:40 AM
Rorschach
Fearful Symmetry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martyros View Post
one does not simply....re-sign Kopidor.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
KingsFan7824

I'm not expecting a repeat. I will not turn it down should it happen though.

Quote:
Phoenix - beating Smith again would be glorious
Vancouver - because why the hell not
St.Louis - it was fun the first time, and game 3 in 1998 will always stick in my craw
San Jose - they're still probably considered the big brother
Anaheim - get a real rivalry started
Edmonton - it seems Oiler fans really dislike Lombardi, so that would be entertaining
Minnesota - just because I'm sick of the hype

KingsFan7824 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
Kings4thecup

Quote:
I would also love to beat down San Jose, but as long as it's not the first round. Up here in NoCal I would get stuck listening to Drew Remenda every game, ughh, worst homer ever. He still think Ryan Clowe did nothing wrong knocking the puck off Stoll's stick from the bench.

The best way to push them into full rebuild mode would be to sweep them in the regular season, though, and have them miss the playoffs by about 10 points.

Kings4thecup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Axl Rhoadz*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shootmaster_44 View Post
Can you post a link for this?

Axl Rhoadz* is offline   Reply With Quote