HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Keaton Ellerby to Winnipeg

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 04:38 PM
  #1
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Keaton Ellerby to Winnipeg

What would it take to get Keaton Ellerby to Winnipeg?

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:43 PM
  #2
Sweech
COYS!
 
Sweech's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Hamilton, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 8,619
vCash: 2252
Excuse me if I'm wrong (I could be mixing him up with Weaver), but didn't Ellerby look fairly useless on the Panthers' blueline last year?

Why would the Jets be interested? The Jets already have a plethora of 5th/6th d-men already.

Sweech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:46 PM
  #3
Coolburn
Registered User
 
Coolburn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: South Florida
Country: Hungary
Posts: 7,901
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Coolburn Send a message via MSN to Coolburn Send a message via Yahoo to Coolburn
With the injury currently to Gudbranson (shoulder, expected to be out another few weeks) and Jovo is up there in age (needs nights off now), Ellerby is probably more valuable to the Panthers than in trade. Just IMHO.

Coolburn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 04:48 PM
  #4
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweech View Post
Excuse me if I'm wrong (I could be mixing him up with Weaver), but didn't Ellerby look fairly useless on the Panthers' blueline last year?

Why would the Jets be interested? The Jets already have a plethora of 5th/6th d-men already.

I don't know who you are thinking but Ellerby is pretty ok. The kid is 6 foot 5 and is ypung. He was picked 10th overall in 2007. If the Jets can get him for a late pick he might be good pick up. He is defensive d man and Jets can use him. I think his career just got wasted in Florida.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 01-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.
viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:14 PM
  #5
Beezeral
Registered User
 
Beezeral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Country: United States
Posts: 2,208
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
I don't know who you are thinking but Ellerby is pretty ok. The kid is 6 foot 5 and is ypung. He was picked 10th overall in 2007. If the Jets can get him for a late pick he might be good pick up. He is defensive d man and Jets can use him. I think his career just got wasted in Florida.
Almost none of this post is correct


Last edited by JeffMangum: 01-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.
Beezeral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:19 PM
  #6
AaronEkbald
Nothing to see here
 
AaronEkbald's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: West Palm Beach, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
I don't know who you are thinking but Ellerby is pretty ok. The kid is 6 foot 5 and is ypung. He was picked 10th overall in 2007. If the Jets can get him for a late pick he might be good pick up. He is defensive d man and Jets can use him. I think his career just got wasted in Florida.
They sure could.


Last edited by JeffMangum: 01-17-2013 at 08:08 PM.
AaronEkbald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:20 PM
  #7
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
What an arrogant thing to say, you won't be able to get him for a late round pick either.


No it is not an arrogant thing to say, look at their history and you will see. When I said that I looked back that their history. Rob Niedermayer, Bouwmeester, Loungo, Olli Jokinen, Ed Jovanovski(is back at the end of his career), Nathan Horton. Most the players on the list were drafted in the top 5 and the others were going to be stars. But they could not get anything going.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
  #8
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
No it is not an arrogant thing to say, look at their history and you will see. When I said that I looked back that their history. Rob Niedermayer, Bouwmeester, Loungo, Olli Jokinen, Ed Jovanovski(is back at the end of his career), Nathan Horton. Most the players on the list were drafted in the top 5 and the others were going to be stars. But they could not get anything going.
What's your point? And the guy you quoted is a Panther fan, he knows the history, MUCH better than you.

__________________
So you're saying there's a chance!
Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:26 PM
  #9
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezeral View Post
Almost none of this post is correct



Almost what? He was drafted in 2007 with 10th overall pick. He is 6' 5" and he is more of a defensive defenseman. The only thing is maybe it takes more than late rounder to get but you said "Almost none of this post is correct" and that is not almost. Did you even read the post.


Last edited by viper0220: 01-17-2013 at 05:32 PM.
viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:30 PM
  #10
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Rypien Farts View Post
They sure could.

Yep, Zach Bogosian is injured.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:33 PM
  #11
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,174
vCash: 500
Different owner, patience with the GM and coach, not screwing players...and of great importance they're being patient their development. What was, no longer is. Ellerby has been given chances by the new regime and he'll stay with all the injuries.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
  #12
Laus723
Future Now
 
Laus723's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boca Raton, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 27,174
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
Lol what? uhmmmmm...no.? Everything else about him is correct, he maybe worth more than a late rounder. With so many defence men signed, didn't think the Pants had a need for him.
Pants? Yeah, definitely no. Injuries galore and there's hope he brings offense with his shot.

No need to tag the team, just make the ****ing proposal.

Laus723 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 05:46 PM
  #13
MillarWithASave
HUBY DOOBY SHUTUP
 
MillarWithASave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Melbourne, FL
Country: United States
Posts: 4,300
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
No it is not an arrogant thing to say, look at their history and you will see. When I said that I looked back that their history. Rob Niedermayer, Bouwmeester, Loungo, Olli Jokinen, Ed Jovanovski(is back at the end of his career), Nathan Horton. Most the players on the list were drafted in the top 5 and the others were going to be stars. But they could not get anything going.
All of the players you listed have gone on to have great careers and are players that still strive in the NHL today as top line players. Bouwmeester, Luongo, Jokinen, Jovanovski, and Hornton are all still playing in the NHL. Bouwmeester plays as a top-4 d-man with Calgary and is a consistent point scorer and can play good defensively with his lanky body, he also not missed a single game since the 2003-2004 season, he is fast as hell and has won many medals, and been on the all-star team. Luongo is a top ten goalie in the league no matter who you ask, he puts up great numbers and has also had a great career, he has been nominated for Vezina 3 times, has one gold in the Olympics, has been to the all-star game 4 times, has won the William Jennings award, has an abundance of records with the Canucks and Panthers, and has brought his team to the Stanley Cup finals. Olli Jokinen has had a long career and has made an effect on the team he has been on every year, he has hit 90 points in one season, and 89 in another with the Florida Panthers, was the captain for the Panthers, has the most points and goals for the Panthers, and has won many international medals. Ed Jovanovski, has been a solid defenseman for almost 17-18 years now, and still has been able to put up good numbers and hold a top-4 spot with the Florida Panthers at 36 years old, won gold at the olympics, has been at the all-star game many times, he led the Coyotes in defensive scoring for a couple of seasons, and also was the captain for a short tenure with the Coyotes, he has put up many 40 point seasons including 1 50 point season, he is a good leader and good veteran defenseman to lead young players into having a good career. Nathan Horton is one of the most underrated wings in the game, he may not be as healthy as everyone has hoped he could be, but for the most part has been very consistent in his career, putting up 60 point seasons with the Panthers, won the Stanley Cup with Boston, he actually led the Bruins to cup by scoring the goal to go onto the Finals, he was a great fighter for Florida when we needed him, aggressive two-way player. Rob Niedermayer was a little bit before my time of when I started to watch, but I know a lot about him, what can you say? He and his brother are almost iconic in the hockey world, they were great players and always were strong bodies on the ice, Rob might not have been a superstar but he contributed to the offense and during his tenure with the Panthers made a name for himself, he won a cup with Anaheim, and went on to have a great career as a leader and a teammate.

I hope that you realize that not every player to enter the Florida Panthers system was a bust, Florida has always had underrated talent that no one can appreciate, while a lot of our players never became superstars like Sidney Crosby or Wayne Gretzky, we developed players to become great leaders and teammates that make an impact on the team they are with no matter what, and now with Tallon managing our team, we have prospects that will probably develop into elite talent, and maybe some respect will come our way, as a Jets fan I am surprised you have the nerve to say anything bad about the Panthers when you haven't even had a team for 15 years.

MillarWithASave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 06:03 PM
  #14
viper0220
Go Jets Go
 
viper0220's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,602
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillarWithASave View Post
All of the players you listed have gone on to have great careers and are players that still strive in the NHL today as top line players. Bouwmeester, Luongo, Jokinen, Jovanovski, and Hornton are all still playing in the NHL. Bouwmeester plays as a top-4 d-man with Calgary and is a consistent point scorer and can play good defensively with his lanky body, he also not missed a single game since the 2003-2004 season, he is fast as hell and has won many medals, and been on the all-star team. Luongo is a top ten goalie in the league no matter who you ask, he puts up great numbers and has also had a great career, he has been nominated for Vezina 3 times, has one gold in the Olympics, has been to the all-star game 4 times, has won the William Jennings award, has an abundance of records with the Canucks and Panthers, and has brought his team to the Stanley Cup finals. Olli Jokinen has had a long career and has made an effect on the team he has been on every year, he has hit 90 points in one season, and 89 in another with the Florida Panthers, was the captain for the Panthers, has the most points and goals for the Panthers, and has won many international medals. Ed Jovanovski, has been a solid defenseman for almost 17-18 years now, and still has been able to put up good numbers and hold a top-4 spot with the Florida Panthers at 36 years old, won gold at the olympics, has been at the all-star game many times, he led the Coyotes in defensive scoring for a couple of seasons, and also was the captain for a short tenure with the Coyotes, he has put up many 40 point seasons including 1 50 point season, he is a good leader and good veteran defenseman to lead young players into having a good career. Nathan Horton is one of the most underrated wings in the game, he may not be as healthy as everyone has hoped he could be, but for the most part has been very consistent in his career, putting up 60 point seasons with the Panthers, won the Stanley Cup with Boston, he actually led the Bruins to cup by scoring the goal to go onto the Finals, he was a great fighter for Florida when we needed him, aggressive two-way player. Rob Niedermayer was a little bit before my time of when I started to watch, but I know a lot about him, what can you say? He and his brother are almost iconic in the hockey world, they were great players and always were strong bodies on the ice, Rob might not have been a superstar but he contributed to the offense and during his tenure with the Panthers made a name for himself, he won a cup with Anaheim, and went on to have a great career as a leader and a teammate.

I hope that you realize that not every player to enter the Florida Panthers system was a bust, Florida has always had underrated talent that no one can appreciate, while a lot of our players never became superstars like Sidney Crosby or Wayne Gretzky, we developed players to become great leaders and teammates that make an impact on the team they are with no matter what, and now with Tallon managing our team, we have prospects that will probably develop into elite talent, and maybe some respect will come our way, as a Jets fan I am surprised you have the nerve to say anything bad about the Panthers when you haven't even had a team for 15 years.


I never said that any of them were a bust. I said that the Panthers could not do anything with them(never said they were a bust) by putting the pieces together and winning a stanley cup. I am a Jets but they never have been in Winnipeg as long as the Panthers. I think in 10 years we will see what Jets can do.

viper0220 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 08:10 PM
  #15
JeffMangum
Registered Ab-user
 
JeffMangum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Listening to music
Country: United States
Posts: 57,498
vCash: 500
Alright folks, let's get this back on track. This is about Ellerby, not the history of the Panthers.

__________________
Everything about you is bringing me misery.
JeffMangum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 01:53 AM
  #16
Lux Aurumque*
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: St. Albert, Alberta
Country: Norway
Posts: 15,653
vCash: 500
We have enough #6-7 defensemen.

Lux Aurumque* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:00 AM
  #17
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by viper0220 View Post
No it is not an arrogant thing to say, look at their history and you will see. When I said that I looked back that their history. Rob Niedermayer, Bouwmeester, Loungo, Olli Jokinen, Ed Jovanovski(is back at the end of his career), Nathan Horton. Most the players on the list were drafted in the top 5 and the others were going to be stars. But they could not get anything going.
What time machine are you in and what are you talking about in relation to this thread about Ellerby?

I'll go off topic now and say : Panthers division champs! Banner hanging this weekend FYI.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:03 AM
  #18
Vander Teemuchuk
Registered User
 
Vander Teemuchuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: John Labatt Centre
Country: Canada
Posts: 682
vCash: 500
I really don't know much about his development. He has gotten little playing time at NHL level so far. But his pedigree is there and he's still relatively young. If the guy can step in and give us some tough stay-at-home minutes... we need a D-man who can provide that now with Bogo out, but also for the next couple years when Hainsey's gone and 'til Trouba is ready. Is an asking price of solely picks out of the question? Is he hoped to provide top 4 minutes for Florida in the next year or two?

Vander Teemuchuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:09 AM
  #19
CanadianPantherFan
Registered User
 
CanadianPantherFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Calgary
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,623
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Teemuchuk View Post
I really don't know much about his development. He has gotten little playing time at NHL level so far. But his pedigree is there and he's still relatively young. If the guy can step in and give us some tough stay-at-home minutes... we need a D-man who can provide that now with Bogo out, but also for the next couple years when Hainsey's gone and 'til Trouba is ready. Is an asking price of solely picks out of the question? Is he hoped to provide top 4 minutes for Florida in the next year or two?
This short season is a make or break year for him with near ready prospects like Robak and Petrovic nipping on his heels so to speak. The Panthers need a dman or two like Weaver and Jovo to shelter those young guys (don't forget young guys like Kulikov and Guds too). In saying that, I agree with the above Panthers poster that this is Ellerby's time to step up to see if he can handle some Top 4 Dmen minutes with: Garrison gone, Gud's off season injury, Jovo's age & Kulikov just re-signing today. Day #1 of this short season.. eyes will already be on Ellerby to see what type of role he can handle.

CanadianPantherFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:09 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.