HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk Trade rumors, transactions, and free agent talk. Rumors must contain the word RUMOR in post title. Proposals must contain the word PROPOSAL in post title.

Adam Pardy

Old
01-17-2013, 07:27 PM
blankall

vCash: 500
Thought he was great in Calgary as a league minimum type of player to file in on your bottom pairing as needed. Was absolutely shocked when he landed that 2 mil contract though. Especially as the NHL seems to be moving away from pure shut down/physical defencemen.

blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 07:54 PM
Thee GM
IGotTheMovesLikeJagr

Adam Pardy is a solid No. 6 D-Man at best. Despite this I am not shocked that he is being waived, due to their youth at D (with Suzler and McNabb). There had also been rumors lately of Buffalo trying to make some room on D.

Thee GM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-17-2013, 09:58 PM
Djp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee GM View Post
Adam Pardy is a solid No. 6 D-Man at best. Despite this I am not shocked that he is being waived, due to their youth at D (with Suzler and McNabb). There had also been rumors lately of Buffalo trying to make some room on D.

they need to......in camp they had 10 D men at least who would have to clear waivers to go down to the minors. They lost one already on a claim by the islanders and they may lose Pardy. Now they have 8 on the roster.

1. Jordan Leopold is in his walk year....likely traded during the season. Because of below he will not be resigned.

2. Robyn Regehr is also in his final contract year , though I see him being resigned to a 2-3 yr extension. Believed to have a NTC in the contract but may waive it at the deadline if Buffalo feels they cant resign him.

3. TJ Brennen will play some and also be trade bait. He is out of AHL options and likely get claimed so they would trade him away for assets.

4. Andrei Sekera.....he has a very cap friendly contract for a top 4 d-man on many teams. He could be dealt but it would be for a top 6 forward.

they also have Ehrhoff, Myers, Weber, and Sulzer. I think Sulzer is also a free agent after this year. He plated really well after the trade...possibly because of playing with fellow germans in Ehrhoff and Hecht. Weber...he considers Steve Ott his brother. Ott's parents "homed" him when he played in the OHL as a teenager. Having Ott may make him a better player.

Buffalo has in the AHL/college/JRs a few other D-men who are NHL ready next year or the next.

5. Because of the glut at Defense Braydon McNabb likely stays in the AHL this year unless there is injury or they trade 2 D-men. I expect him on the NHL roster as a top 6 D-man next year.

6. Jake McCabe who was captain of team USA world juniors team that won gold this year is expected to compete for a roster spot on D next year. Could see him instead of McNabb playing in April if there is a need.

7. There are about 3 other defenseman they have in their system that they can use as trade bait or should see NHL play either next year or the year after. They can easily be called up now if needed.

Theyt have a ton of D-men.

Djp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 02:01 AM
Pohlow

Can't believe we got an amazing 2nd line center in Derek Roy for Steve Ott, who honestly is likeable on your team, but he can't handle **** offensively, and Adam fkn Pardy. I was very impressed with GMJN on this one.

Pohlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 05:54 AM
Trobes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pohlow View Post
Can't believe we got an amazing 2nd line center in Derek Roy for Steve Ott,
Amazing?

Trobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 06:00 AM
HiddenInLight

Quote:
Can't believe we got an amazing 2nd line center in Derek Roy for Steve Ott, who honestly is likeable on your team, but he can't handle **** offensively, and Adam fkn Pardy. I was very impressed with GMJN on this one.
The problem with Roy is the off the ice issues. Honestly I was never one to hate on Roy, and hope he does well there. That being said, it may get worse with dallas being a bigger city. The writing was on the wall for a dump off trade when he blatantly spoke out against the coach to the media. IMHO it was Roy or Ruff at that point, and everyone knew it, which prevented us from getting a better deal.

HiddenInLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
thelos
Bunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiddenInLight View Post
The problem with Roy is the off the ice issues. Honestly I was never one to hate on Roy, and hope he does well there. That being said, it may get worse with dallas being a bigger city. The writing was on the wall for a dump off trade when he blatantly spoke out against the coach to the media. IMHO it was Roy or Ruff at that point, and everyone knew it, which prevented us from getting a better deal.
I dont think Ott for Roy is too bad value wise considering Roy was injured and Ott is a pretty versatile 3rd liner that can plug a lot of holes

thelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
sabres_phan

vCash: 672
Quote:
Lol, Derek Roy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b3tmNX192c

sabres_phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
Mit Yarrum
HoF Turd Shiner

vCash: 1663
Quote:
Roy is a solid second line center, but let's not get crazy. Roy is coming off a major injury and just had sugery for another, and has one year left on his deal. I consider the deal fair looking at just the Roy/Ott aspect of it. Buffalo happens to have an owner who doesn't mind the money aspect of the deal, so taking Pardy is less of an issue for us as it might be for other teams.

Face value Dallas "wins" the trade, but dig a bit deeper and I think it's fair for both teams.

Either way, most Sabres fans love the deal so that probably tells you something about how much value Roy has around here.

Mit Yarrum is online now   Reply With Quote