HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Prospects-Major Junior (CHL), NCAA, Europe

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-10-2013, 01:41 PM
  #926
mouser
Global Moderator
Business of Hockey
 
mouser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: South Mountain
Posts: 12,163
vCash: 500
Bad news for Murphy:

https://twitter.com/StingHockey/stat...33938475249664

Quote:
The Sarnia Sting have announced that defenceman Connor Murphy will require season ending knee surgery to repair a lateral meniscus tear.

mouser is online now  
Old
01-10-2013, 02:03 PM
  #927
Rutkowski
Registered User
 
Rutkowski's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Uppsala, Sweden
Country: Sweden
Posts: 542
vCash: 500
Jesus Christ. He is a talent but he is more injury-prone than Lindros ever was.

Rutkowski is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 02:19 PM
  #928
mitch27
Registered User
 
mitch27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Windsor, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,360
vCash: 500
This is beyond absurd. After showing so much promise I'm right back to the mindset that this was a terrible draft pick.

mitch27 is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
  #929
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,853
vCash: 500
Give it time. He's 19, still growing a bit. Not really surprised a guy that size is injury prone at this point.

XX is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 02:40 PM
  #930
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,694
vCash: 500
At least now there is no point in trading him. He has no more value than a throw in. We can let him develop for eternity and maybe eventually by some miracle he'll actually stay healthy and become a hockey player. He's obviously going to need another year in junior now. Then we can let him go to the AHL and practice staying healthy for two or three years. He's only nineteen years old. It might sort itself out eventually. more likely it won't. He's so inexperienced. He's played so few games. He's like a highly touted fifteen or sixteen year old at this point. Crapshoot.

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.
rt is offline  
Old
01-10-2013, 08:04 PM
  #931
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
So Team USA allowed him to play with that injury? I'd be furious if I was Maloney.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-11-2013, 12:19 AM
  #932
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,694
vCash: 500
Fifth consecutive season with injury. Averaging 31gp the last four seasons.


rt is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 02:28 PM
  #933
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Caught the Saskatoon Blades/Oil Kings live yesterday.

Focused much of the evening on a handful of players including Samuellson.

He didn't get a point and didn't register as a star but I can clearly state that Samuellson was the best skater yesterday for either side. His offensive creativity is better than I expected. He routinely was setting up plays and played a very strong two way game. Was robbed by Makarov early in the first. Liked his first two periods more than I liked his third as it felt like the Oil Kings were okay with holding the lead rather than putting the Blades away.

rt, before you ask about Lazar I have to say it's like I'm watching a different player than the one I was watching in October. In October he looked like a sure fire first or second line center. Now, I'm wondering if his role is as a energy player. Of course I wasn't impressed with Getzlaf years ago when I was drooling about the skill set of Sjostrom so take my opinion for what it's worth.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:43 PM
  #934
Gwyddbwyll
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Country: United Kingdom
Posts: 10,556
vCash: 500
Samuelsson has exceeded my expectations which were pretty low. But he's looking like a late first round pick that might actually work out for the Coyotes, either as a good 2nd liner or a valuable 3rd liner. Our experience with the likes of Tikhonov, Nick Ross etc hasnt left me very optimistic especially when Samuelsson struggled in the SEL.

Gwyddbwyll is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 06:47 PM
  #935
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwyddbwyll View Post
Samuelsson has exceeded my expectations which were pretty low. But he's looking like a late first round pick that might actually work out for the Coyotes, either as a good 2nd liner or a valuable 3rd liner. Our experience with the likes of Tikhonov, Nick Ross etc hasnt left me very optimistic especially when Samuelsson struggled in the SEL.
If draft was held today there's no doubt in my mind that he would be selected at least 10 spots ahead of where we grabbed him.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-13-2013, 10:19 PM
  #936
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Caught the Saskatoon Blades/Oil Kings live yesterday.

Focused much of the evening on a handful of players including Samuellson.

He didn't get a point and didn't register as a star but I can clearly state that Samuellson was the best skater yesterday for either side. His offensive creativity is better than I expected. He routinely was setting up plays and played a very strong two way game. Was robbed by Makarov early in the first. Liked his first two periods more than I liked his third as it felt like the Oil Kings were okay with holding the lead rather than putting the Blades away.

rt, before you ask about Lazar I have to say it's like I'm watching a different player than the one I was watching in October. In October he looked like a sure fire first or second line center. Now, I'm wondering if his role is as a energy player. Of course I wasn't impressed with Getzlaf years ago when I was drooling about the skill set of Sjostrom so take my opinion for what it's worth.
All Lazar needed was for me to trash talk him. Hat trick for him tonight. Samuelsson with two helpers.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 08:12 PM
  #937
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,161
vCash: 500
Alexander Ruuttu moved from Helsinki Jokerit to Tampere Ilves for the rest of this season + 2 years.

Jussi is online now  
Old
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
  #938
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Alexander Ruuttu moved from Helsinki Jokerit to Tampere Ilves for the rest of this season + 2 years.
Still in the minors? Also, did we fire his dad? I always want to toss this kid into trade proposals but I always forget his name.

rt is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 09:00 PM
  #939
Kimahri
Registered User
 
Kimahri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Country: United States
Posts: 1,555
vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to Kimahri
Does anyone know of any streams for WHL games?

Kimahri is offline  
Old
01-17-2013, 09:09 PM
  #940
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimahri View Post
Does anyone know of any streams for WHL games?
It's $6 a game on WHL.ca

hbk is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 12:02 AM
  #941
Jussi
No strings on me
 
Jussi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Finland
Posts: 45,161
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Still in the minors? Also, did we fire his dad? I always want to toss this kid into trade proposals but I always forget his name.
Yes, he's played the whole season with Kiekko-Vantaa in Mestis (Tier 2 league) and has been one of their best players. The Jokerit fans who've seen him play, thought that despite promising performances, he wasn't ready for Sm-Liiga pace nor physicality. Turns out that he won't make his debut for Ilves until next week because in his last game for Ki-Va on Wednesday he was penalized for a check to the head and was suspended for two games. This suspension carries over to SM-Liiga. Thanks to the new CBA allowing teams to hold on to their prospects right for 4 years, there's no rush to sign him.

Oh, his dad Christian left on his own decision and now works for the Kings. Reportedly(or rumored) he wasn't happy that the Coyotes picked his son in the first place.

Jussi is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:17 AM
  #942
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jussi View Post
Oh, his dad Christian left on his own decision and now works for the Kings. Reportedly(or rumored) he wasn't happy that the Coyotes picked his son in the first place.
Ruutu was 2011. That was Keith Gretzky's last draft right? Glad he was fired. Taking Jared Staal and trading up for Tikhonov.

XX is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:37 AM
  #943
Bills09
Registered User
 
Bills09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Pickering, Ontario
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,649
vCash: 500
any word on the status of Lessio?

Bills09 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:44 AM
  #944
OOEEL
Registered User
 
OOEEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Country: United States
Posts: 413
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bills09 View Post
any word on the status of Lessio?
Coming back next week according to a quick twitter search. Fortunately.


OOEEL is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:54 PM
  #945
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Lessio back with an assist tonight.

Ws at the Oil Kings game tonight. Samuellson was the best forward again. Goal and a helper. Created offensive and a key player in all three zones. He has sneaky puck skills and is going to be a 100 point player next season in the WHL.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:56 PM
  #946
XX
Lots of Try
 
XX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Executionville
Country: United States
Posts: 28,853
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
Samuellson was the best forward again.
What is his absolute ceiling? Jordan Staal?

XX is offline  
Old
01-23-2013, 11:57 PM
  #947
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
What is his absolute ceiling? Jordan Staal?
60 points. 30 G 30 A. Daymond Langkow in his prime type numbers.

hbk is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:24 PM
  #948
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
samuelsson with 4 points so far tonight puts him 11th in whl scoring

hbk is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 08:43 PM
  #949
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,694
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk View Post
samuelsson with 4 points so far tonight puts him 11th in whl scoring
Had three points the other night, too. Lazar had a couple of goals, too. How's he doing? I must admit that I didn't mind him struggling because I want him so bad.

rt is offline  
Old
01-27-2013, 09:08 PM
  #950
hbk
Registered User
 
hbk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Country: Canada
Posts: 9,999
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Had three points the other night, too. Lazar had a couple of goals, too. How's he doing? I must admit that I didn't mind him struggling because I want him so bad.
one game he looks like he's just going to be an energy player and the next he's piling up points.

hbk is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:37 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.