HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Rangers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2012-2013 Individual Game Tickets For Sale

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-17-2013, 09:19 PM
  #426
ban
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 94
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadwayblue View Post
So $284 max? lol
He said "In Penn", so I think your increase might be high. Could at least offer to buy beer in MSG if seller is also going to game

ban is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:13 AM
  #427
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Rangers ticketsNow Is up..... Seats very reasonable for home opener...

Traderalways is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:28 AM
  #428
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Wow, 18.5% service fee and 4.95 to email the tickets. On top of that, 10% to the seller? What a flippin racket.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:36 AM
  #429
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Traderalways View Post
Rangers ticketsNow Is up..... Seats very reasonable for home opener...
The cheapest pair is $142 each for 400s. Plus a $52.54 service charge and 4.95 email fee. I would hardly call that reasonable.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:41 AM
  #430
ZacUSNYR
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Upstate, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 741
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The cheapest pair is $142 each for 400s. Plus a $52.54 service charge and 4.95 email fee. I would hardly call that reasonable.
Wow. Agreed. Don't those tickets have a $60 face value?

ZacUSNYR is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:44 AM
  #431
twistedwrister
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 48
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
Wow. Agreed. Don't those tickets have a $60 face value?
STH cost for the 400's is only $47

twistedwrister is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:52 AM
  #432
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
Wow, 18.5% service fee and 4.95 to email the tickets. On top of that, 10% to the seller? What a flippin racket.
15% to the seller. So now, it really makes no difference whether I sell here or StubHub.

Dangleberry is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 07:56 AM
  #433
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
15% to the seller. So now, it really makes no difference whether I sell here or StubHub.
I think it's 10% to the seller on TN.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:02 AM
  #434
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
The cheapest pair is $142 each for 400s. Plus a $52.54 service charge and 4.95 email fee. I would hardly call that reasonable.
Wow.. I didn't realize the fees... Maybe not so reasonable... Lol

Traderalways is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:05 AM
  #435
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
I just saw a pair listed in the 200's for 110 a ticket...

Traderalways is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:08 AM
  #436
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
I understand supply and demand, but they clearly have no concept of quantity demand vs quantity supplied. They have killed the quantity demanded for the lower bowl with the pricing. They are on the way to doing the same for the upper bowl. Make the fees to high, and sellers can't make a profit. You will drive out those who buy just to sell and those who buy with the intention of selling some games at a profit to off-set their costs. Make it unprofitable for them, and they leave. That happens, quantity demanded goes down, quantity supplied goes up, prices go down. See: Jets, Mets, Yankees.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:11 AM
  #437
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
15% to the seller. So now, it really makes no difference whether I sell here or StubHub.
I haven't used ticketsnow, and dont plan to this year, but did go through the motion of pretending to list to see the process. Only difference I see is 1) you do not have to go to Fed Ex to ship the tickets. Not really an issue for me, as I pass a fed ex-kinkos everyday on my way to and from work. 2) you can get your money sent directly to your checking account or get a credit on your rangers account. I know you can get direct deposit on stubhub, butI would think it is faster on ticketsnow. The latter is good to help lower the amount you have to lay-out come play-off time.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:18 AM
  #438
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
I think it's 10% to the seller on TN.
It's 15%. I just posted tickets to the Leafs 1/26 game.



See the highlighted box in red.


Last edited by Dangleberry: 01-18-2013 at 08:30 AM.
Dangleberry is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:30 AM
  #439
Cliffy1814
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 627
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by patnyrnyg View Post
I understand supply and demand, but they clearly have no concept of quantity demand vs quantity supplied. They have killed the quantity demanded for the lower bowl with the pricing. They are on the way to doing the same for the upper bowl. Make the fees to high, and sellers can't make a profit. You will drive out those who buy just to sell and those who buy with the intention of selling some games at a profit to off-set their costs. Make it unprofitable for them, and they leave. That happens, quantity demanded goes down, quantity supplied goes up, prices go down. See: Jets, Mets, Yankees.
You are right on the mark with this. If they raise fees and devise other ways to get what they deem is their fair share of the secondary ticket market they will drive away STH. I think teams underestimate how high a percentage of their season ticket base exists because of the ability to re-sell on the secondary market. This is why you can call up today and get seasons tickets in the 100's.

Their financial guys look at the current situation and surely understand that the FMV for opening night, premium games, playoff games is far in excess of what they charge STH for the 200's and 400's. Instead of allowing STH to make a profit on those games, they are trying to squeeze their way in with exorbinant fees to get their piece of that pie.


.

Cliffy1814 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:38 AM
  #440
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
It's 15%. I just posted tickets to the Leafs 1/26 game.



See the highlighted box in red.
Thx..can you double check the next page when it shows the net price you get? I really thought that came out to 10%.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:47 AM
  #441
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedwrister View Post
STH cost for the 400's is only $47
back 2 rows are $29/ticket face


GordonGecko is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:53 AM
  #442
Dangleberry
Registered User
 
Dangleberry's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Queens, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 1,138
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
Thx..can you double check the next page when it shows the net price you get? I really thought that came out to 10%.
Assuming I sell for $120, they make an $18 rip which is 15%. Screenshot below.



Last edited by Dangleberry: 01-18-2013 at 08:59 AM.
Dangleberry is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:59 AM
  #443
MessierIsGod
Registered User
 
MessierIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 466
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TooLinePass View Post
Assuming I sell for $120, they make an $18 rip which is 15%. Screenshot below.
This is really weird. i have Gallery seats and I just posted a couple of games on TN and my commission was 10%. I can't do a screenshot. I have knicks tickets and they are 10% as well.

MessierIsGod is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:59 AM
  #444
patnyrnyg
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Posts: 4,673
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy1814 View Post
You are right on the mark with this. If they raise fees and devise other ways to get what they deem is their fair share of the secondary ticket market they will drive away STH. I think teams underestimate how high a percentage of their season ticket base exists because of the ability to re-sell on the secondary market. This is why you can call up today and get seasons tickets in the 100's.

Their financial guys look at the current situation and surely understand that the FMV for opening night, premium games, playoff games is far in excess of what they charge STH for the 200's and 400's. Instead of allowing STH to make a profit on those games, they are trying to squeeze their way in with exorbinant fees to get their piece of that pie.


.
Just did the arithmetic. I pay $50 per ticket. JUST to get my $50 back, I have to sell for 58.83. Add the 18.5% for the buyer makes it 69.70 each. Add the 4.95 email fee (for the whole order, not per ticket) and that pair is now $144.36. So, the buyer plays $77.18 per ticket, just for me to break even.

patnyrnyg is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:07 AM
  #445
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by MessierIsGod View Post
This is really weird. i have Gallery seats and I just posted a couple of games on TN and my commission was 10%. I can't do a screenshot. I have knicks tickets and they are 10% as well.
Yeah, I was under the impression our fees (as sellers) were going up from 5% to 10% this year. Really hope they didn't triple it.

broadwayblue is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
  #446
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
It's 10% for me




Last edited by GordonGecko: 01-18-2013 at 09:15 AM.
GordonGecko is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:12 AM
  #447
Traderalways
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 230
vCash: 500
Just by judging ticketsNow... My guess is by 12noon Sunday you will be able to get tickets for FACE VALUE for the opener.

Traderalways is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:30 AM
  #448
bubba5
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 2,013
vCash: 500
I was about to buy tickets on TicketsNow and when I saw the service fee I could not believe it. I canceled my order, no way I am paying that! So whoever was going to have their tickets sold to me can thank TicketsNow for me not buying them.

bubba5 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:36 AM
  #449
GordonGecko
Stanley Cup 2015
 
GordonGecko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: New York City
Country: United States
Posts: 3,794
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba5 View Post
I was about to buy tickets on TicketsNow and when I saw the service fee I could not believe it. I canceled my order, no way I am paying that! So whoever was going to have their tickets sold to me can thank TicketsNow for me not buying them.
those people probably have them up on stubhub too so you can probably save 3.5% there. It's better to transact one on one with a season ticket holder. But I gotta tell you, even if I lower my stubhub price by 15-20% on craigslist, I still only get maybe 1 in 8 sales from there. People would rather pay more to buy from a site like SH than a person from a classified ad

GordonGecko is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:40 AM
  #450
broadwayblue
Registered User
 
broadwayblue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: NYC
Country: United States
Posts: 15,662
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonGecko View Post
those people probably have them up on stubhub too so you can probably save 3.5% there. It's better to transact one on one with a season ticket holder. But I gotta tell you, even if I lower my stubhub price by 15-20% on craigslist, I still only get maybe 1 in 8 sales from there. People would rather pay more to buy from a site like SH than a person from a classified ad
I'm not sure. Personally I rarely advertise or sell my tickets on the pay sites. My seats have been selling quite well elsewhere, so I don't see the need to get better exposure at the expense of a 10% hit to myself and a 15% hit to the buyer. The only time I really have used TE was during the playoffs last year...got some crazy prices so I wasn't upset about the 5% hit.

broadwayblue is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 PM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.