HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Atlantic Division > Boston Bruins
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Official 2013 ticket thread Part 5 (ALL ticket talk HERE)(RULES IN FIRST POST)

Closed Thread

Old
01-17-2013, 09:36 PM
Sec311Row6

vCash: 500
Delete

Last edited by Sec311Row6: 01-18-2013 at 09:44 AM. Reason: DELETE
Old
01-17-2013, 09:38 PM
BruinsGirl79

I'm looking for any Saturday or Sunday game.
Especially looking for Thursday February 28, Saturday March 2, Sunday March 3. On vacay and would like to catch a game at a reasonable price.

When you suggest to go up right before a game, suggesting anywhere in particular? Scalpers or do you mean something like higs across the street? Thinking about going that route while on vacation.

Also any tips of cheap websites (thanks for those already mentioned) are appreciated.

Cheers.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:42 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by dafoomie View Post
They went on sale already? God damn it! I swear every year that I'll buy them the minute they go on sale but they manage to hide exactly when they go on sale every time.

They'll only get more expensive from here.
Me too. They haven't really gone on sale yet, they released the tickets that weren't reserved for the school, which (from what they told me) is a very limited amount of tickets. Last year, day of they had them for $12. A month before, they were upwards of $100. So I was trying to get a read on whether the lockout/the return of the nhl would impact the demand for tickets.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:44 PM
kman22

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruinsGirl79 View Post
I'm looking for any Saturday or Sunday game.
Especially looking for Thursday February 28, Saturday March 2, Sunday March 3. On vacay and would like to catch a game at a reasonable price.

When you suggest to go up right before a game, suggesting anywhere in particular? Scalpers or do you mean something like higs across the street? Thinking about going that route while on vacation.

Also any tips of cheap websites (thanks for those already mentioned) are appreciated.

Cheers.
No guarantee, but there is a stubhub location "across" from the Garden. Shortly before the game, day of that is, they are a little bit more desperate to move the remaining tickets. I'd say go for that, if you can't find tickets in your price range in advance.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:29 PM
PatriceBergeronFan
U.S. Army Hooah!

I personally never scalped tickets yet I just sell them to friends or family at face value. One idea does intrigue me: What's to stop me from buying all of the cheapest seats on StubHub and then immediately re-listing them for a higher price and (likely) making easy profit?

Old
01-17-2013, 10:43 PM
jchogan88

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
I personally never scalped tickets yet I just sell them to friends or family at face value. One idea does intrigue me: What's to stop me from buying all of the cheapest seats on StubHub and then immediately re-listing them for a higher price and (likely) making easy profit?
Sometimes that might work even better if you get a good deal and then put them up on eBay. I've gotten some great deals for tickets on eBay and I've also seen tickets go for way over face value. It all depends how far away the game is, what day the game is and who the opponent is of course.

Old
01-18-2013, 01:05 AM
fighterfoo
We do it big...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NathanHortonFan View Post
Because there are other places to get tickets other than Stubhub.
Because you pay a buyer's fee on the first transaction, and a seller's fee on the sale.

Now, if you live in or around Boston, cruising Craiglist for someone looking to dump tickets, and then listing those on StubHub, that's an idea. Buying severely undervalued tickets from eBay or Stubhub and relisting them, that's an idea.

Old
01-18-2013, 08:55 AM
NASCL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec311Row6 View Post
my best friend bought 3 tickets last week on stubhub for $553 off stubhub for opening (loge 20, row 22). is he technically allowed to sell on here or no bc thats a "markup"?

feel free to delete if needed, just didn't know the protocol. He will forward along the receipt from stubhub.
I'm not a mod, but I'm pretty sure face is face when it comes to this thread.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:03 AM
MarshmontMcSlewfoot

I feel bad for fans who used to go to multiple games a year for 20 bucks and now see tickets cost 200. That stinks. I remember the feeling when Sox fever hit of knowing I wasn't going to be able to go to 1 single game that year due to price when I'd have gone to about 10 if they didn't get stupid popular circa 04-06.

2 quick tips.

1- Try and go to playoff games AFTER losses. These are always the cheapest playoff games even into later rounds (maybe not finals.) Also have the best fans since the prices usually dip and more hardcore people decide to go. All the best playoff atmosphere's are actually when we lost the prior game. And since there is less time between games in the playoffs you might see a big dip if we lose.

2- If you need to spend as little as possible I'd buy the 50 dollar tickets now. You can't go too wrong the cheapest Sts are 35 I think so its not a huge markup. And those are actually the best games its not basketball where you have to see the Bobcats. Ottawa is cheap and the only good team in our division and Carolina is usually cheap too and those games always have tons of fights.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:36 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sec311Row6 View Post
my best friend bought 3 tickets last week on stubhub for $553 off stubhub for opening (loge 20, row 22). is he technically allowed to sell on here or no bc thats a "markup"?

feel free to delete if needed, just didn't know the protocol. He will forward along the receipt from stubhub.
Has to be face value.

From OP:

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.

I am Boston Strong

Old
01-18-2013, 09:37 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharaTriedToEatMe View Post
I feel bad for fans who used to go to multiple games a year for 20 bucks and now see tickets cost 200. That stinks. I remember the feeling when Sox fever hit of knowing I wasn't going to be able to go to 1 single game that year due to price when I'd have gone to about 10 if they didn't get stupid popular circa 04-06.

2 quick tips.

1- Try and go to playoff games AFTER losses. These are always the cheapest playoff games even into later rounds (maybe not finals.) Also have the best fans since the prices usually dip and more hardcore people decide to go. All the best playoff atmosphere's are actually when we lost the prior game. And since there is less time between games in the playoffs you might see a big dip if we lose.

2- If you need to spend as little as possible I'd buy the 50 dollar tickets now. You can't go too wrong the cheapest Sts are 35 I think so its not a huge markup. And those are actually the best games its not basketball where you have to see the Bobcats. Ottawa is cheap and the only good team in our division and Carolina is usually cheap too and those games always have tons of fights.
It does suck but that is what happens when the team gets good. I bought season in 08-09.. i think it was 19 bucks a game back then. I don't know what year some other people bought season tickets. But i'd have to say that was damn good timing on me and my friends part. We obviously didn't see them going on a tear that year. I don't think we'll see those prices for another 5-10 years at least.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:39 AM
Kate08
HFBoards Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
It does suck but that is what happens when the team gets good. I bought season in 08-09.. i think it was 19 bucks a game back then. I don't know what year some other people bought season tickets. But i'd have to say that was damn good timing on me and my friends part. We obviously didn't see them going on a tear that year. I don't think we'll see those prices for another 5-10 years at least.
Me too. Literally couldn't have been a more perfect time to buy in. The team was starting to turn it around, I could (kind of) afford it having a few years working FT under my belt, and it was right before prices got totally ridiculous.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:41 AM
slegr_71
HFBoards Sponsor

Send a message via AIM to slegr_71 Send a message via Yahoo to slegr_71
Has anyone else had problems printing tickets today? I've tried from 2 different computers. I can access Account Manager and get all the way through downloading, then it kicks me out saying for security purposes I've been logged out after 30 min of inactivity (which is BS because I'd been active the whole 2 minutes I'd been on the site.) I also tried forwarding and it said "Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time." Awesome! That $15 is really money well spent for this "convenience"!!

Old
01-18-2013, 09:43 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kate08 View Post
Me too. Literally couldn't have been a more perfect time to buy in. The team was starting to turn it around, I could (kind of) afford it having a few years working FT under my belt, and it was right before prices got totally ridiculous.
Me and the kid who bought in with me went to game 3 against the habs the year before (we got tickets balcony for $55 which is just crazy to think about now haha) and we just had to get them the next season. You could just see they're were going to make a run in season or two. Didn't think it would be that quickly.

Old
01-18-2013, 09:44 AM
Sec311Row6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Has to be face value.

From OP:

Tickets can be bought/sold for personal use and cannot be sold at more than face value plus postage/UPS/FedEx charges.

*******Poster must post the ticket price.*******
HFBoards.com is not a forum you can use to sell tickets for profit.
thanks!

Old
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
DKH

Send a message via AIM to DKH
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackNgold 84 View Post
The Red Sox 5 years ago were so hot you needed sun screen, the Bruins were so unpopular WEEI would do satire Hockey Talk. Now it has almost flip flopped. You can get Red Sox tickets almost as easy as you could Bruins tickets back in 5 or 6 years ago.

Some day this will end, the Bruins will cool off. With just a tick more than 50% of the teams making the playoffs the Bruins will be missing their fair share. Who ever thought that talented young group of Red Sox that won in 2007 would not get back to the WS in 5 years and counting- and they have an advantage that the Bruins do not.

Enjoy this folks its not forever and tickets will be available for great value if you are a fan that is more than a front runner. I'd love to see 3 Cups in 15 years- they have one already and no reason why they can't get another in the next half dozen years with their talent.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:12 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hnidy Hnight View Post
Im totally on board with free trade, and capitalism. Your possessions are worth what people are willing to pay, regardless of what you paid. What's the actual face value of a Ted Williams baseball card? A nickel? Would anyone expect to only pay a nickel for one? Same with the annual hottest Christmas toys. Its ok for these to be flipped on eBay for profit, but tickets are criminal?
I was just on a ticket site that sells all sporting events and concerts for face value . I couldn't beleive it ! I thought I was dreaming

Old
01-18-2013, 10:14 AM
Alicat
Charge!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slegr_71 View Post
Has anyone else had problems printing tickets today? I've tried from 2 different computers. I can access Account Manager and get all the way through downloading, then it kicks me out saying for security purposes I've been logged out after 30 min of inactivity (which is BS because I'd been active the whole 2 minutes I'd been on the site.) I also tried forwarding and it said "Sorry, your request could not be completed at this time." Awesome! That $15 is really money well spent for this "convenience"!!
Same issues here. Calling fan relations as I type this.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:37 AM
Bruins Stooge
Spread Out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Looch View Post
This is the only problem I have with people who want to *****. They only want to see the yankees, rangers, heat, lakers etc. If you compare prices across the board for the entire season right now, they are cheaper than they were during this same time frame last year. Most by at least 25%. From December on last year there weren't many games you couldn't get any seat in the building for under $100. Lower level seats for a mid week game against an .500 team was running $150+.

Right now there are several options for seats around the $50 range. And lower level seats can be had for many games pretty damn close to season ticket price. Boston is a sports city. Always has been and always will be. I understand people hoping to be able to afford a reasonably priced game after a ridiculous lockout that never should have occurred. But to expect cheap tickets for OPENING NIGHT when it is on the weekend (isn't usually) and is one of the most sought after opponents on the entire schedule...it's never going to happen.

I was surprised the market for opening night wasn't higher demand right out of the gate. Where it is right now is what I expected. I know people who are still looking for Saturday night tickets don't want to hear it, but the prices right now are the same as prices were for the Saturday Rangers game in the second half of the year last season.

If you want to see a weekend game, go see the islanders on 1/25 or lightning on 2/9. If you want to see the Rangers, go see them on TUESDAY 2/12. If you want to go to a home opener, go next year vs the Panthers. If you want to ss the Rangers, on opening night, on the weekend...it will always be one of the most expensive tickets of the season.

I've seen several posts from people wondering if they should buy now for the rest of the season or buy later. They want to know if prices are going to rise. Anyone who tells you they know the right answer is full of it. It depends how the B's play, mostly.

I don't think anyone expected B's prices to get as high as they did last year. I certainly never did. But the Cup win combined with the early season win steak, sent prices through the roof...and they stayed there for the most part. The same thing could happen this year if they get on a hot streak. Then again, if they play below .500 hockey, prices may take a dip. If I had to guess they are more likely to rise. We seem to have a good young team. Chances are they are going to compete and being a contender...but nothing is certain.

Since I've now thoroughly pissed off everyone who is still looking for cheap tickets, I will offer this last bit of advise, if you do not care where you sit, and just want the cheapest lower level seats, or cheapest balcony seat, buy them last minute on day of game on Causeway. Yes, you have to deal with the scalpers. But if price is most important, this is almost always going to be your best price. And by almost always, I mean 90% of the time +. There are nice balconies that sold on the street for OPENING NIGHT last year for $100. Loges for $150. There was no opening night bigger than last year's in the history of the franchise.

One out of every 10-20 times you wait to buy on the street, you may pay a premium. But the other 90-95% of the time you are saving money, should more than make up for it. Happy buying...and selling!

signed,
The hated HFscalper
Well said Buddy. Like anything there's a strategy to buying secondary market tickets.

I'm going Saturday, but i'm gonna scalp tickets around 6:45. If you know how to scalp well, you can get a better deal then what's currently offered.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:46 AM
BlackNgold 84
Known Kellyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
Same issues here. Calling fan relations as I type this.
I printed tickets this morning at like 630-7.. This system is just getting ridiculous.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:47 AM
Lordstanley
Bandwagonaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKH View Post
The Red Sox 5 years ago were so hot you needed sun screen, the Bruins were so unpopular WEEI would do satire Hockey Talk. Now it has almost flip flopped. You can get Red Sox tickets almost as easy as you could Bruins tickets back in 5 or 6 years ago.

Some day this will end, the Bruins will cool off. With just a tick more than 50% of the teams making the playoffs the Bruins will be missing their fair share. Who ever thought that talented young group of Red Sox that won in 2007 would not get back to the WS in 5 years and counting- and they have an advantage that the Bruins do not.

Enjoy this folks its not forever and tickets will be available for great value if you are a fan that is more than a front runner. I'd love to see 3 Cups in 15 years- they have one already and no reason why they can't get another in the next half dozen years with their talent.
Very true DKH ! I look at it like the Buying and Selling of the Real Estate Market. Buy low ......Sell high ! 43 year diehard fan of this team . Lots of great memories and less of the worst. You're right about this team and future silver. I can see them winning a couple cups within 5-6 years. My only fear is the ?able goaltending.

Old
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Quote:
I'm getting the same error. Have you found a resolution to this?

Old
01-18-2013, 11:19 AM
Hawgood_38
Season Tix since '97

Just got this email from them:

We are currently having technical difficulties with Account Manager. As a result, your ability to print or forward your tickets during this time may be unavailable. We apologize for any inconveniences this is causing.

Please know that we are working tirelessly to resolve the issue and we will notify you via email as soon as this matter is resolved. We are regretful for the untimeliness of this issue.

Old
01-18-2013, 11:36 AM
5Minutes4Fighting
Killer B's!

Bunch of seats in Sec 320 on TM for opener NOW!!!!

Old
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
Ladyfan
Miss you Savvy !

vCash: 268
Quote:
I was able to print out but we will all be using many ink cartridges as the page has a lot of junk on it.

I want real tickets damn it