HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Rink
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Rink For the not so ready for prime-time players, coaches, referees, and the people that have to live with them. Discuss experiences in local leagues, coaching tips, equipment, and training.

I think I broke my ass, need suggestions ***Update in original post***

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 02:10 AM
  #26
izzy3
Registered User
 
izzy3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 291
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homersimpson View Post
I was thinking that there was not much that a Dr can do about a broken tail bone. I did this injury right at the beginning of my busy season so I really did not have time to see a Dr until after April 15th. Now I waited a whole year and I am back into my busy season, I guess i made a bad choice in waiting. At least I have my wife to remind me every day about everything that I have done wrong in my life. So I have that going for me.

If it is still bothering me in a few months I will make an appointment.

It also hurts when I push out a nice trouser cough.
You sure you ain't just testing your stand-up material on us? Well if yes, hell it's good.

izzy3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 07:36 AM
  #27
Chrisinroch
Registered User
 
Chrisinroch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vouvray
Country: United States
Posts: 331
vCash: 500
tough it out. don't let those wimps tell you that you need a doctor. just lean forward whenever you sit down, and drink a bleepload of alcohol to self medicate. in fact you probably should start drinking at work.

Chrisinroch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:46 AM
  #28
shoeshine boy
Registered User
 
shoeshine boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
as someone who has had this injury let me say, go see a doctor!!!! most likely he/she will tell you, "yep, you broke your coccyx and there's not a damn thing I can do for you other than maybe give you some meds." but at least you'll have ruled out anything that's spinal related.
next go visit your local medical supply store and buy one of these:


plan on taking it everywhere you go, especially the movies. it will make sitting, and therefore getting up a lot less painful. anyone who laughs at this injury has clearly not had it.
I had the exact same injury 7 years ago after getting slew-footed. it was a good 18 months before I could sit (and get up) without pain.


Last edited by shoeshine boy: 01-18-2013 at 10:33 AM.
shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:50 AM
  #29
Jarick
Moderator
Doing Nothing
 
Jarick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: St Paul, MN
Country: United States
Posts: 23,647
vCash: 500
Damn. Can't wait until I lose about five more pounds and can fit back into my Tacklas. You guys are making me nervous.

Jarick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 08:54 AM
  #30
Stats01
Registered User
 
Stats01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Toronto
Country: Canada
Posts: 14,374
vCash: 500
To the OP sorry man but your thread title is hilarious!

In all seriousness though you should go see a doctor

Stats01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
  #31
96
Esq.
 
96's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 4,884
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homersimpson View Post
I was thinking that there was not much that a Dr can do about a broken tail bone. I did this injury right at the beginning of my busy season so I really did not have time to see a Dr until after April 15th. Now I waited a whole year and I am back into my busy season, I guess i made a bad choice in waiting. At least I have my wife to remind me every day about everything that I have done wrong in my life. So I have that going for me.

If it is still bothering me in a few months I will make an appointment.

It also hurts when I push out a nice trouser cough.
1. Well you certainly aren't going to find out what a doctor could do to help by...you know...not seeing the doctor...

2. Why would you keep waiting and waiting? Broken bones eventually heal themselves. But if your tailbone was displaced by the injury and it has now healed in a bad position, then waiting is only going to make things worse. You are really making some bad decisions here, my friend.

Don't be stupid. Go see a doctor - ortho would be best.

96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
  #32
The Tikkanen
Pest
 
The Tikkanen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Yorba Linda
Country: United States
Posts: 6,409
vCash: 50
Send a message via AIM to The Tikkanen
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 View Post
1. Well you certainly aren't going to find out what a doctor could do to help by...you know...not seeing the doctor...

2. Why would you keep waiting and waiting? Broken bones eventually heal themselves. But if your tailbone was displaced by the injury and it has now healed in a bad position, then waiting is only going to make things worse. You are really making some bad decisions here, my friend.

Don't be stupid. Go see a doctor - ortho would be best.
The irony is if that's the case they might have to re-break it to set it properly. My man rule of thumb with injuries or illness is I'll give them about a week if I don't think it's broken or needs stitches. To go months in pain is just idiotic with the health care we have available to us. I went about 6 days with what I though might be strep, waited, didnt get better or worse, went to Urgent Care yesterday, took 2 pills and it's gone. Will i get hit with a bill for going to Urgent Care? Possibly. Is it worth not feeling like you have a piece of glass in your throat? Absolutely.

The Tikkanen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM
  #33
shoeshine boy
Registered User
 
shoeshine boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarick View Post
Damn. Can't wait until I lose about five more pounds and can fit back into my Tacklas. You guys are making me nervous.
it's one of the worst. right up there with a severe concussion. there's just not much you can do to heal it other than time. the worst is when you get up from the sitting position. it's like the pressure releases and it hurts like Hell!
even though I probably shouldn't have I was able to keep playing. I just had to hop over the boards a different way and when I fell do everything I could to not land on it.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:38 AM
  #34
homersimpson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisinroch View Post
tough it out. don't let those wimps tell you that you need a doctor. just lean forward whenever you sit down, and drink a bleepload of alcohol to self medicate. in fact you probably should start drinking at work.
Well, today happens to be Beer Friday so I will get started at 4:00.

homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:39 AM
  #35
homersimpson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
it's one of the worst. right up there with a severe concussion. there's just not much you can do to heal it other than time. the worst is when you get up from the sitting position. it's like the pressure releases and it hurts like Hell!
even though I probably shouldn't have I was able to keep playing. I just had to hop over the boards a different way and when I fell do everything I could to not land on it.
You nailed it exactly.

Last week I fell onto my ass, luckily it was not onto my vistigial tail.

homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
  #36
homersimpson
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 318
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by shoeshine boy View Post
as someone who has had this injury let me say, go see a doctor!!!! most likely he/she will tell you, "yep, you broke your coccyx and there's not a damn thing I can do for you other than maybe give you some meds." but at least you'll have ruled out anything that's spinal related.
next go visit your local medical supply store and buy one of these:


plan on taking it everywhere you go, especially the movies. it will make sitting, and therefore getting up a lot less painful. anyone who laughs at this injury has clearly not had it.
I had the exact same injury 7 years ago after getting slew-footed. it was a good 18 months before I could sit (and get up) without pain.
My wife and I are mostly only going to the hoytie toytie movie theaters that have recliners because the chairs in the other theaters sucks.

If it took 18 months to heal, I am almost there.

homersimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:51 AM
  #37
shoeshine boy
Registered User
 
shoeshine boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 321
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by homersimpson View Post
My wife and I are mostly only going to the hoytie toytie movie theaters that have recliners because the chairs in the other theaters sucks.

If it took 18 months to heal, I am almost there.
oddly for me the softer surfaces hurt more than say, a wooden bench.
and remember, 18 months was my healing time. yours could be more.

shoeshine boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 10:53 AM
  #38
Islanderfan17
Registered User
 
Islanderfan17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,657
vCash: 500
That sounds like a brutal injury, don't even want to imagine having it.

The title of this thread made me laugh my ass off for at least a good 2 minutes straight by the way

Islanderfan17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
  #39
Creeping Death
Registered User
 
Creeping Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 181
vCash: 500
Ice cubes... About 3 or 4 of them... They will help.

Creeping Death is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:48 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.