HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > Philadelphia Flyers
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

The All Purpose Leighton Thread #1

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 09:08 AM
  #1
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
The All Purpose Leighton Thread #1

Might as well ....let the fireworks begin



Quote:
Leighton credits Cup loss for making him stronger

“It made me stronger as a person,” Leighton said. “It made my drive a little harder. My goal in life now is to win the Stanley Cup, and I’ll do everything I can to do that.”

http://www.csnphilly.com/hockey-phil...565&feedID=704

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:11 AM
  #2
RussianRocket10
Registered User
 
RussianRocket10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Pennsylvania
Country: Brazil
Posts: 3,875
vCash: 500
Shouldn't that have been his goal the whole time he's been in the NHL?

RussianRocket10 is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:13 AM
  #3
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,503
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
I think this may be the only thread on HF boards dedicated solely to the backup goalie. I love being a Flyers fan!

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:20 AM
  #4
JDinkalage Morgoone
U of South Flurrida
 
JDinkalage Morgoone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: 308 Negra Arroyo Ln.
Country: Uzbekistan
Posts: 11,918
vCash: 50
Went to the open practice last night, from what I saw Leighton let nearly everything that came his way in. Bryz looked solid. Granted it's only practice, but it's something.

__________________
"Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death."
JDinkalage Morgoone is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:34 AM
  #5
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RussianRocket10 View Post
Shouldn't that have been his goal the whole time he's been in the NHL?
Yeah kind of curious that is his goal NOW ....after botching badly a once in a lifetime chance at it already. Some actually never even get a chance. Go figure...

BTW..he has been in the AHL most of the time where he belongs so I guess it makes sense that it wasn't always his goal since the primary goal was prolly to get back to the NHL like he's had to do his whole life and there is a reason for it...


Last edited by FreshPerspective: 01-18-2013 at 09:40 AM.
FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:42 AM
  #6
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Went to the open practice last night, from what I saw Leighton let nearly everything that came his way in. Bryz looked solid. Granted it's only practice, but it's something.
Not according to Iverson

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:02 AM
  #7
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,051
vCash: 500
LOL, this thread is already Epic..

doesnt matter what he does/says/performs like..

its all BAD, all the time here..


Hahah..

Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:03 AM
  #8
RJ8812
Gunner Stahl #9
 
RJ8812's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Sudbury
Country: Canada
Posts: 24,894
vCash: 769
seriously? a Leighton thread?

this hack doesnt deserve his own thread

RJ8812 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:06 AM
  #9
CS
Bryzgalov's Blueline
 
CS's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lumberton, NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 13,998
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ8812 View Post
seriously? a Leighton thread?

this hack doesnt deserve his own thread
It's all fun and games until Bryzgalov plays his first 5 goal / 24 save game, and this thread goes from laughtrack to reoccurring nightmare.

CS is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:10 AM
  #10
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's all fun and games until Bryzgalov plays his first 5 goal / 24 save game, and this thread goes from laughtrack to reoccurring nightmare.
Yup...he's a backup (albeit a career AHL backup) until he becomes an NHL starter b/c of injury or some Bryz AWOL reason such as him stinking which I hope he doesn't

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  #11
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
LOL, this thread is already Epic..

doesnt matter what he does/says/performs like..
its all BAD, all the time here..


Hahah..
don't really get what's so funny about having a crappy back up goaltender. sure he had a few decent games but overall he's not very good and after that horrendous goal, no one wants to see him wearing a flyers jersey. or i should say most flyers fans don't like seeing him in one. and i especially don't want to hear about how it gave him a new goal in life or how he's a better person for it. all he had to say is that he learned from his mistakes and put it behind him not any of that other bs. i mean its not a big deal but when the fans don't like you already of course they're going to nick pick at everything you say/do.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:13 AM
  #12
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,503
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Yup...he's a backup (albeit a career AHL backup) until he becomes an NHL starter b/c of injury or some Bryz AWOL reason such as him stinking which I hope he doesn't
I know people hate him around here, but if you are going to bash him at least bash him for things that are true. He is not a career AHL backup. In fact he has played very well in the AHL as a starter (2.29 GAA, .918 SV% in over 350 games, playing in less than 20 games in only two seasons in the AHL). I don't want to get back into the argument of how he has fared in the NHL, but if you are going to take a shot at him, at least make it something based on fact.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:17 AM
  #13
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I know people hate him around here, but if you are going to bash him at least bash him for things that are true. He is not a career AHL backup. In fact he has played very well in the AHL as a starter (2.29 GAA, .918 SV% in over 350 games, playing in less than 20 games in only two seasons in the AHL). I don't want to get back into the argument of how he has fared in the NHL, but if you are going to take a shot at him, at least make it something based on fact.
I meant a career AHL player at the NHL level as backup meaning he is not NHL material even as a backup. Worded it incorrectly....so yeah my bad

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
  #14
flyersguy33*
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 20,708
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrinkFightFlyers View Post
I know people hate him around here, but if you are going to bash him at least bash him for things that are true. He is not a career AHL backup. In fact he has played very well in the AHL as a starter (2.29 GAA, .918 SV% in over 350 games, playing in less than 20 games in only two seasons in the AHL). I don't want to get back into the argument of how he has fared in the NHL, but if you are going to take a shot at him, at least make it something based on fact.

AHL starter or backup. who gives a ****. fact is he still sucks and shouldn't be in the nhl.

flyersguy33* is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:19 AM
  #15
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDinklage Morgoone View Post
Went to the open practice last night, from what I saw Leighton let nearly everything that came his way in. Bryz looked solid. Granted it's only practice, but it's something.
i noticed this too. and some were pretty bad too but it was only practice. i just sincerely hope we only have to watch him play a few games this year.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:20 AM
  #16
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
got this ready:


Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:21 AM
  #17
DrinkFightFlyers
Grave Before Shave
 
DrinkFightFlyers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: NJ
Country: United States
Posts: 12,503
vCash: 155
Send a message via AIM to DrinkFightFlyers
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
I meant a career AHL player at the NHL level as backup meaning he is not NHL material even as a backup. Worded it incorrectly....so yeah my bad
Fair enough.

DrinkFightFlyers is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:23 AM
  #18
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
got this ready:



this pic reminds me of this video so much

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:26 AM
  #19
FreshPerspective
We don't need one!
 
FreshPerspective's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: Italy
Posts: 10,410
vCash: 500
Honestly I wouldn't be as worried about Leighton as a backup if it wasn't for not knowing what Bryz we'll see. Hopefully, it will be a moot point.

As far as Leighton's performance in the practice...sounds like it wasn't much of a practice. More like a spectacle for the fans but not good if Leighton made a spectacle of himself. I can't judge since didn't see him....I heard they did breakaways which is def not his forte. He can be decent if he makes the first save and is under control and the D can clear it out. If he is wobbly on first save attempts like Bryz was a lot last year well yeah we'll have problems.

FreshPerspective is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
  #20
FlyersFan61290
Registered User
 
FlyersFan61290's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Philadelphia
Country: United States
Posts: 8,491
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OccupySouthBroadSt View Post
Honestly I wouldn't be as worried about Leighton as a backup if it wasn't for not knowing what Bryz we'll see. Hopefully, it will be a moot point.

As far as Leighton's performance in the practice...sounds like it wasn't much of a practice. More like a spectacle for the fans but not good if Leighton made a spectacle of himself. I can't judge since didn't see him....I heard they did breakaways which is def not his forte. He can be decent if he makes the first save and is under control and the D can clear it out. If he is wobbly on first save attempts like Bryz was a lot last year well yeah we'll have problems.
not on the shoot out portion of practice. i was primarily talking about the rushes. 3 on 2 or 2 on 1s. they would just take whatever shot they had on and rush and bulk of what i say were going in five-hole, under his arm, you name it. again it was practice.

FlyersFan61290 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:48 AM
  #21
Flyerfan4life
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Richmond BC, Canada
Country: England
Posts: 12,051
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Parent 1974 View Post
got this ready:

Kettle meet pot..


Flyerfan4life is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 10:59 AM
  #22
DeflatedFootball7
Registered User
 
DeflatedFootball7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Belleville
Country: Canada
Posts: 2,946
vCash: 500
I wish we would get a veteran backup who can play. Ducks went out and got Fasth, I wish we had gone after Vehanen or similar instead of Leighton.

DeflatedFootball7 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:12 AM
  #23
Bernie Parent 1974
Registered User
 
Bernie Parent 1974's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Country: United States
Posts: 3,192
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyerfan4life View Post
Kettle meet pot..
oh, no .... that's nothing i would use.

Bernie Parent 1974 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:17 AM
  #24
Victory5
Registered User
 
Victory5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Country: United States
Posts: 818
vCash: 500
I will never forgive him for that cup loss, until he wins us another cup.....which will never happen.


Bring back boosh

Victory5 is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
  #25
GoneFullHextall
adios Holmgren
 
GoneFullHextall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Somewhere in NH
Country: United States
Posts: 31,388
vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post
It's all fun and games until Bryzgalov plays his first 5 goal / 24 save game, and this thread goes from laughtrack to reoccurring nightmare.
nope
2 goals will be blamed on the system
1 goal will be blamed on Schenn
1 goal will be blamed on Coburn
and 1 goal will be blamed on Briere on backchecking.

GoneFullHextall is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.