HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Eastern Conference > Metropolitan Division > New York Islanders
Notices

Visnovsky Drama Part III (Mod Warning Post #575)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 11:00 AM
  #301
82isles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 78
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Via the NYI twitter:
Good!!! Now he can't play anywhere.

82isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:01 AM
  #302
Hyphistos
Registered User
 
Hyphistos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 324
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightfighter View Post
Via the NYI twitter:
Sorry for asking, but does that actually mean anything? Like, is there a deeper message or serious consequence in doing so, or is it just the normal thing to do? (especially considering that they also suspended Bailey for just being injured)

Hyphistos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:03 AM
  #303
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyphistos View Post
Sorry for asking, but does that actually mean anything? Like, is there a deeper message or serious consequence in doing so, or is it just the normal thing to do? (especially considering that they also suspended Bailey for just being injured)
Normally, I would say it's just a procedural type of thing just like Bailey and Joensuu. It's Visnovsky so you never know.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
  #304
tobu
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bratislava, Slovakia
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 135
vCash: 500
Not sure what a suspension by the Isles means, but Visnovsky in a chat interview 1 hour ago said he will play for Islanders after he solves his family issues back home.

edit "I have a feeling the suspension is just a procedural formality, since he is not in for the beginning of the season, a suspension means NYI won't have to pay anything to Visnovsky until he shows up for his first game."

tobu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:13 AM
  #305
Bunk Moreland
Moderator
 
Bunk Moreland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 12,814
vCash: 234
They suspended him to clear a spot on the roster.. It will get lifted if/when he returns.

Bunk Moreland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 11:14 AM
  #306
xECK29x
Moderator
 
xECK29x's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Coram, NY
Country: United States
Posts: 4,823
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by PWJunior View Post
Normally, I would say it's just a procedural type of thing just like Bailey and Joensuu. It's Visnovsky so you never know.
This, allows us to free up a roster space (probably why we claimed Strait).

xECK29x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-18-2013, 12:07 PM
  #307
hunter7isles
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 256
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Could have been a win-win for all, if the Isles let Lubo finish his KHL season with Slovan first. I'm sure that would have pumped him with enough energy and enthusiasm for the remainder of the season with the Isles.

But no, why should we be reasonable, if we can be vindictive instead? And so, it's a loss-loss all-around.
They have him under contract for the next 48 games only and you are saying to let him finish his season with Slovan and play how many games for the Islanders? That isn't win-win for all. That is win-win-lose big for the Lubo-Slovan-Isles. There is nothing vindictive about holding a man to a contract. If you think otherwise, you must be a real trustworthy guy

hunter7isles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:20 AM
  #308
slovakfan*
 
slovakfan*'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Kosice
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,698
vCash: 500
I can feel waste of money, waste of effort, waste of emotions....

slovakfan* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 02:33 AM
  #309
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

Meanwhile, Slovan lost the first game on the Siberia road-trip 1-3 last night, which included an empty-netter. Višňovský could very well have made the difference in that game. The 9th-ranked team in the Western Conference is now only 8 points behind 6th-ranked Slovan, you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL, and next up, Slovan visits the arena of the Eastern Conference leader, Omsk. Slovan's run for a play-off spot could very well collapse on the final stretch.

Thanks again, Isles.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:10 AM
  #310
War Admiral
Registered User
 
War Admiral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Long Island
Country: United States
Posts: 735
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

Meanwhile, Slovan lost the first game on the Siberia road-trip 1-3 last night, which included an empty-netter. Višňovský could very well have made the difference in that game. The 9th-ranked team in the Western Conference is now only 8 points behind 6th-ranked Slovan, you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL, and next up, Slovan visits the arena of the Eastern Conference leader, Omsk. Slovan's run for a play-off spot could very well collapse on the final stretch.

Thanks again, Isles.
You're welcome. I hope they don't win another game.

War Admiral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 04:40 AM
  #311
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
I hope they don't win another game.
That kind of ill-will is rarely beneficial for either side in a conflict.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:22 AM
  #312
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

:

He still doesn't understand, that the isles won't risk his health in a KHL game, that they need Vis healthy and putting up pts on the Isles own blueline.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:22 AM
  #313
lazycop
F Theo Fleury
 
lazycop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Country: United States
Posts: 698
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Admiral View Post
You're welcome. I hope they don't win another game.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
That kind of ill-will is rarely beneficial for either side in a conflict.
Visnovsky, his team, and the KHL deserve nothing but ill-will for the way they've handled this. I doubt there are any Isles fans and especially posters on this board(for the most part) who care one bit how his team does in the playoffs.

lazycop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 AM
  #314
Pnut
Registered User
 
Pnut's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: w. suckic
Country: United States
Posts: 7,013
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

Meanwhile, Slovan lost the first game on the Siberia road-trip 1-3 last night, which included an empty-netter. Višňovský could very well have made the difference in that game. The 9th-ranked team in the Western Conference is now only 8 points behind 6th-ranked Slovan, you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL, and next up, Slovan visits the arena of the Eastern Conference leader, Omsk. Slovan's run for a play-off spot could very well collapse on the final stretch.

Thanks again, Isles.
Guess what...if this team (Slovan) needed one player to be good (make it to the playoffs) and taking him away makes gives horrible results? Well guess what that team wasn't good enough in the first place. Period. There is no reason for this. You are not a victim, your team is not a victim. You got a little time with your hometown hero. Probably next season you will have him full time. Life is not perfect, nor do you get to take and take because you feel like you've been wronged. You haven't. Deal.

I see this kind of faux-victimization a lot in US. People wine and complain passive aggressively like:
Quote:
Thanks again, Isles.
Its not right here in the States and its not right in Slovakia.

Just so you know, my last name is Slovak and my ancestors came from what is now the Slovak Republic.....although there is a couple of towns in the Czech Republic that have my last name (or a close variation of it) as their towns name. So you know I am not biased....but you are wrong.

Pnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:38 AM
  #315
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post
He still doesn't understand, that the isles won't risk his health in a KHL game, that they need Vis healthy and putting up pts on the Isles own blueline.
What's the difference between allowing someone to play 32 games for a different team in a season, and allowing him to play (say) 35 or 36 games? I'd say, next to no difference. Yes, injuries are always possible, but no one will get injured on purpose, least of all Višňovský who wants to help Slovan as much as he can. Forcing Višňovský to sit out even while you realize he can't play any games for the Islanders for the time being, amounts to pure egotism. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you hear what the Washington Capitals owner said the other day? That he would allow Ovechkin to play in Sochi, no matter if the NHL officially permits it or not. That's putting the player's interest first, and one's own egotism second. Ovechkin would not only miss all of the Caps games, but he might get injured in Sochi, too. Does Leonsis forbid him to play for Russia because of that? Nope.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:43 AM
  #316
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
Guess what...if this team (Slovan) needed one player to be good (make it to the playoffs) and taking him away makes gives horrible results? Well guess what that team wasn't good enough in the first place. Period.
You can say the exact same thing about the Islanders. So, what now?

Besides, losing 1-3 with an empty-netter in the final minute is not a "horrible result". I'm saying if Višňovský had played in that very close game, Slovan might have got a point out of it, or more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnut View Post
So you know I am not biased
No problem. We just have a different opinion.


Last edited by Faterson: 01-19-2013 at 05:48 AM.
Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:50 AM
  #317
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
What's the difference between allowing someone to play 32 games for a different team in a season, and allowing him to play (say) 35 or 36 games? I'd say, next to no difference. Yes, injuries are always possible, but no one will get injured on purpose, least of all Višňovský who wants to help Slovan as much as he can. Forcing Višňovský to sit out even while you realize he can't play any games for the Islanders for the time being, amounts to pure egotism. Nothing more, nothing less.

Did you hear what the Washington Capitals owner said the other day? That he would allow Ovechkin to play in Sochi, no matter if the NHL officially permits it or not. That's putting the player's interest first, and one's own egotism second. Ovechkin would not only miss all of the Caps games, but he might get injured in Sochi, too. Does Leonsis forbid him to play for Russia because of that? Nope.

Bailey was penciled into the 2nd line lw spot and counted on for pk work. He got hurt near the end of the lockout in Germany, just had his knee scoped. He'll miss 2-4 weeks and will need to shake off the rust.

Joensuu would be playing a bottom 6 role, if he hadn't hurt his groin playing in Europe, during the lockout. He's also expected to miss 2-4 weeks.

Isles aren't risking Vis health, in a game that is meaningless to the NYI playoff hopes.


Also, despite what the Caps owner says, he is not going against Bettman and the majority of owners.

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 05:57 AM
  #318
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I assure you Slovan has even more injuries than the Islanders right now, which makes the need for Višňovský all the more urgent. Both the captain and assistant captain are out. So is our highest-scoring forward, for the time being. And there's the long-term injury of our #3 defenceman (behind Višňovský and Sekera, who can no longer play). I could go on...

And this is not irrelevant. It helps explain Višňovský's desire to play as many games for Slovan as possible. It would be tremendously sad if a team that was holding on to a play-off position for almost the entire season (its own expansion season, too), lost the play-off spot in the final few weeks of the campaign. It would mean that the season-long effort -- on Višňovský's part, too -- would have been wasted.

Anyone not totally blinded by egotism should be able to appreciate those facts, and seek a compromise solution, instead of promoting a hard-line attitude.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:14 AM
  #319
IslesNorway
Registered User
 
IslesNorway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Country: Norway
Posts: 2,780
vCash: 500
In a sense it's interesting but in reality it is just more of the same from the guy. Of course he wants to play for Slovan, that is where he wants to be, and not the Islanders but until next season he has no choice.

IslesNorway is online now   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 07:54 AM
  #320
A Pointed Stick
Spend? Of Course!
 
A Pointed Stick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 6,642
vCash: 500


So now Vis is staying there to help Brats' defense because of injuries? I thought it was because his son had chicken pox. What's next, he has a headache and gets a doctor's note saying it would be cruel and unusual punishment to make him fly overseas? I bet that boat trip takes at least another month or more to get to the states.

Oh, and shame on you Crew. It is YOUR EGO, not Vis' UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR, that is making him not honor his contract.

This is what you all get for arguing with a troll who is going to spin this any way he can to Vis' advantage, even if it means making statements that paint him in a very unflattering light.

A Pointed Stick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:02 AM
  #321
luki here
Registered User
 
luki here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Vienna
Country: Austria
Posts: 2,249
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
I assure you Slovan has even more injuries than the Islanders right now, which makes the need for Višňovský all the more urgent. Both the captain and assistant captain are out. So is our highest-scoring forward, for the time being. And there's the long-term injury of our #3 defenceman (behind Višňovský and Sekera, who can no longer play). I could go on...

And this is not irrelevant. It helps explain Višňovský's desire to play as many games for Slovan as possible. It would be tremendously sad if a team that was holding on to a play-off position for almost the entire season (its own expansion season, too), lost the play-off spot in the final few weeks of the campaign. It would mean that the season-long effort -- on Višňovský's part, too -- would have been wasted.

Anyone not totally blinded by egotism should be able to appreciate those facts, and seek a compromise solution, instead of promoting a hard-line attitude.
i dont care about slovan! pls stop refering to them like if anyone here does. Unless someone gives a ****? having said that i respect that you havent gotten aggressive once, even through all the anger directed at you because of your potbrain opinions. Shows very positive argumentation culture on your side.

luki here is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:21 AM
  #322
Faterson
Registered User
 
Faterson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Bratislava
Country: Slovakia
Posts: 1,436
vCash: 500
I'm not referring to Slovan because I assume anyone here would care, but because it definitely helps understand Višňovský's motivation for his conduct. His current situation is a combination of several factors. 3 of them stand out, and none of them should be underestimated:
  • his family issues (son's illness, etc.)
  • his passion to play for Slovan
  • his grudge against the NHL as such (not against the Isles!), due to never being allowed to make use of the no-trade clause he had signed
PS: I'm afraid I may have got inelegant in a few of my own replies, but the moderators were so good as to remove them.

Faterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
  #323
CREW99AW
Registered User
 
CREW99AW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Posts: 28,391
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Pointed Stick View Post


So now Vis is staying there to help Brats' defense because of injuries? I thought it was because his son had chicken pox. What's next, he has a headache and gets a doctor's note saying it would be cruel and unusual punishment to make him fly overseas? I bet that boat trip takes at least another month or more to get to the states.

Oh, and shame on you Crew. It is YOUR EGO, not Vis' UNPROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR, that is making him not honor his contract.

This is what you all get for arguing with a troll who is going to spin this any way he can to Vis' advantage, even if it means making statements that paint him in a very unflattering light.


I'm so glad the NHL season is starting.
In 2 weeks, Vis either joins the isles or gets tolled. We bring an end to this mess and can concentrate on what's happening on the ice..

CREW99AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 08:53 AM
  #324
PWJunior
Moderator
Beware the POOP!
 
PWJunior's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Watertown, MA
Country: United States
Posts: 13,355
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW99AW View Post


I'm so glad the NHL season is starting.
In 2 weeks, Vis either joins the isles or gets tolled. We bring an end to this mess and can concentrate on what's happening on the ice..
Agreed, I'm sick of this whole Visnovsky situation also. Everyone loses in these types of situations.

Looking forward to the season starting tonight.

PWJunior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old
01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
  #325
doublechili
Registered User
 
doublechili's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 5,381
vCash: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faterson View Post
Višňovský said in an online chat yesterday he would like to play at least one more game for Slovan after Slovan returns from the Siberia & Kazakhstan road trip. Višňovský still hopes that the Islanders will permit him to play the game(s) for Slovan. It would certainly be reasonable, because Višňovský can't fly to America next week anyway, for family-related reasons.

Meanwhile, Slovan lost the first game on the Siberia road-trip 1-3 last night, which included an empty-netter. Višňovský could very well have made the difference in that game. The 9th-ranked team in the Western Conference is now only 8 points behind 6th-ranked Slovan, you get 3 points for regulation wins in the KHL, and next up, Slovan visits the arena of the Eastern Conference leader, Omsk. Slovan's run for a play-off spot could very well collapse on the final stretch.

Thanks again, Isles.
Vis (and you) just don't seem to understand. He is under contract to play in the NHL for the Isles. The Isles' season is now underway, so he should be in NY. The NHL and KHL (where Slovan plays) agree that the NHL contract should be honored and Vis cannot play in the KHL. He CAN'T play in the KHL. Period. Why is he even asking? By remaining at home he is either in violation of his NHL contract, or the Isles are allowing him to stay there because of the supposed family situation. THAT'S the accomodation. He can't then say, "well, since I'm here anyway, howsabout I play some games for the home team?"

The whole thing is absurd. It reeks of entitlement on Vis' part, which is even less appealing in someone making millions than it is in a regular person (although it's never appealing). And the arguments here making it sound like Vis is being reasonable and the Isles are being unreasonable are frustrating at best, when in fact it is Vis who is being unreasonable. He'll end up making over $30 million on his contract, and he has to honor it.

doublechili is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:43 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.