HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > NHL Western Conference > Pacific Division > Arizona Coyotes
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
Notices

Ownership Cluster**** Thread: NHL and GJ, Put Up or Shut Up!

Closed Thread

Old
01-15-2013, 08:34 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
Speaking of Sunnucks, it's going around on Twitter that he reported today that the deal is on track to close on time.
http://m.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new...gn.html?r=full

Only doing that because people with sources called him on it.

Old
01-16-2013, 01:15 PM
TheLegend
Megathread Refugee

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by naurutger View Post
http://m.bizjournals.com/phoenix/new...gn.html?r=full

Only doing that because people with sources called him on it.
Wouldn't be the first time a reporter used his column to troll for info..... [enter David Shoalts]

Old
01-17-2013, 03:45 AM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
What's the latest with the Coyotes' ownership situation?

Sources continue to tell ESPN.com that a new owner will be in place by the end of January or the first week of February, but as with all things Glendale and the Coyotes, seeing is believing. Still, it's too big a market and too much has been invested by the NHL for it to fall apart at this point. Right? Right?
Burnside

http://espn.go.com/nhl/preview2012/s...ason-questions

More than we ever heard about Hulsizer. Still nervous.

Old
01-17-2013, 09:40 AM
0point1
Sharks=cup Yotes=McD

vCash: 1387
Official 2 weeks now.

Old
01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
MIG
Undocumented User

"it's too big a market and too much has been invested by the NHL for it to fall apart at this point."

So the Coyotes are now being compared to the banks, too big to fail!

Old
01-17-2013, 12:03 PM
goyotes

Interesting....first week of February. Not going to happen. If this deal isn't done by the end of January, GJ and his attempt to buy the team is dead in the water. As much as I want to hold out hope, this article is not offering much. In fact, it implies GJ will not meet the CoG deadline....

Old
01-17-2013, 03:12 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by goyotes View Post
Interesting....first week of February. Not going to happen. If this deal isn't done by the end of January, GJ and his attempt to buy the team is dead in the water. As much as I want to hold out hope, this article is not offering much. In fact, it implies GJ will not meet the CoG deadline....
I've thought this for a few weeks now. He knows full well that the 31st is a drop dead deadline.
This is the statement I anticipate:
Dateline February 5, 2013
"On February 1, I requested an extension from the city council of only one week. I only needed a couple of days to finishing assembling my purchasing group but the City of Glendale was not willing to grant this extension. Although this is very disappointing, I respect their decision. I know that the Valley is a viable hockey market and I would have had a team assembled to make this work if only time didn't run out. I would like to thank the fans of Arizona for being so supportive of my team and me. I wish them well."

This will give him his out. He can simply continue the charade without anyone knowing the truth.

As the deadline draws closer, I am more convinced than ever that what we have here is a Walter Mitty of Hulzinger proportions. It's unfathomable that somehow this team has consistently attracted the same personality disorder over and over again. If reports are true that he was at the scrimmage last night playing the owner, I think that trumps taking the team out to dinner and therefore crowns him King Delusion.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:26 PM
goyotes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssmatik View Post
As the deadline draws closer, I am more convinced than ever that what we have here is a Walter Mitty of Hulzinger proportions. It's unfathomable that somehow this team has consistently attracted the same personality disorder over and over again. If reports are true that he was at the scrimmage last night playing the owner, I think that trumps taking the team out to dinner and therefore crowns him King Delusion.
One must ask why someone would purchase a car who's blue book value is $2,500, yet they agree to pay $5,000, while seeing an oil leak spot on the garage floor. The single problem with closing a sale with the Coyotes is the sales price. I do not believe GJ or the NHL when they say the price is not the issue. Price is always the issue in a sale....

Last edited by goyotes: 01-17-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: .
Old
01-17-2013, 03:30 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
I've thought this for a few weeks now. He knows full well that the 31st is a drop dead deadline.
"On February 1, I requested an extension from the city council of only one week. I only needed a couple of days to finishing assembling my purchasing group but the City of Glendale was not willing to grant this extension. Although this is very disappointing, I respect their decision. I know that the Valley is a viable hockey market and I would have had a team assembled to make this work if only time didn't run out. I would like to thank the fans of Arizona for being so supportive of my team and me. I wish them well."

This will give him his out. He can simply continue the charade without anyone knowing the truth.

Not to sound like a dick here, but where did Jamison ask the city for an extension? If he were to do that then I'm sure more and more people would be willing to call him out on his BS. Still plenty of time left to complete this sale.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:32 PM
XX
Lots of Try

http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/az...2013192234.mp3

Nealy is under the impression it absolutely will be done. Take that for what it's worth. He was never this definitive with Hulsizer.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:34 PM
Naurutger
Free Max!

vCash: 1025
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
Not to sound like a dick here, but where did Jamison ask the city for an extension? If he were to do that then I'm sure more and more people would be willing to call him out on his BS. Still plenty of time left to complete this sale.
Its going off the report yesterday that Jamison will complete the deal but in the report it said early Feb so people are getting worried. Jamison knows the deal and even if it is formally completed later, the NHL can still announce the sale...but perhaps receive that actual cash later.

The arena deal plus the good direction the Coyotes are heading makes this a sweet team to own IMHO.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:36 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
The arena deal plus the good direction the Coyotes are heading makes this a sweet team to own IMHO.
Jamison is getting paid nearly twice the value of the team in guaranteed money from Glendale. That's an amazing deal. He just needs to close. They can absolutely introduce him as the new owner at a home game without the actual draft work being 100% finished. He still needs BOG approval as far as I know.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:37 PM
ssmatik

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP View Post
He hasn't asked. That's me being a dick and predicting the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by XX View Post
http://icestream.bonnint.net:8000/az...2013192234.mp3

Nealy is under the impression it absolutely will be done. Take that for what it's worth. He was never this definitive with Hulsizer.
I just hate these reports. Why do I keep trusting Lucy to hold the ball?
Damn wishful thinking.

Old
01-17-2013, 03:38 PM
Colt45Blast
Tippett's Tool

Quote:
Its going off the report yesterday that Jamison will complete the deal but in the report it said early Feb so people are getting worried. Jamison knows the deal and even if it is formally completed later, the NHL can still announce the sale...but perhaps receive that actual cash later.

Thank you! This makes more sense now.

Old
01-17-2013, 08:09 PM
Art.Vandelay
@kash2112

Quote:

I think a more likely scenario is that he claims he could not get a deal done with COG and starts negotiations with Seattle.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:06 AM
Sinurgy
Embrace Passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art.Vandelay View Post
I think a more likely scenario is that he claims he could not get a deal done with COG and starts negotiations with Seattle.
If that happens he should be forced to sit in a room alone with Doan and tell him the news.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:25 PM
knowsthegame

So if I understand correctly:

no news = no deal??

or is it:

no news = good news!!

Old
01-18-2013, 12:27 PM
awfulwaffle

Quote:
Originally Posted by knowsthegame View Post
So if I understand correctly:

no news = no deal??

or is it:

no news = good news!!
Coyotes Fan = most likely staying

Not coyotes fan = moving to any other city

This board is a joke.

Old
01-18-2013, 12:30 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

COUNTDOWN: 13 days.

Old
01-18-2013, 04:56 PM
yotesreign

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfulwaffle View Post
Coyotes Fan = most likely staying

Not coyotes fan = moving to any other city

This board is a joke.
I don't think it's that so much...

I look at it like legislation. Sometimes news is good, sometimes news is bad, but no new news is always good news until it becomes new news and then sometimes it changes to bad news.

Old
01-18-2013, 05:07 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Secretly holding out hope he is paraded out onto the ice during the banner raising, with Bettman by his side, to announce that they have completed the sale in principle. He then howls awkwardly, but it doesn't matter. The arena explodes with cathartic cheers and tears.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:13 PM
pfp

Quote:
Secretly holding out hope he is paraded out onto the ice during the banner raising, with Bettman by his side, to announce that they have completed the sale in principle. He then howls awkwardly, but it doesn't matter. The arena explodes with cathartic cheers and tears.
same here.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Rabbit
Captain Cook

Quote:
The HF half of the arena does, the other half is still trying to figure out where home plate is.

Old
01-18-2013, 06:37 PM
rt
Usually Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by rabbit3119 View Post
The HF half of the arena does, the other half is still trying to figure out where home plate is.
You'd be surprised, man. If you were there for the Doan hatty or Wizard's one grand, you'd understand that the vast majority of those crowds knew what was happening and were overjoyed by it. It was bedlam in the arena at those moments. Those were not casual fan celebrations.

01-18-2013, 06:55 PM
XX
Lots of Try

Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
You'd be surprised, man. If you were there for the Doan hatty or Wizard's one grand, you'd understand that the vast majority of those crowds knew what was happening and were overjoyed by it. It was bedlam in the arena at those moments. Those were not casual fan celebrations.

Closed Thread