HFBoards

Go Back   HFBoards > General Hockey Discussion > The Business of Hockey
Mobile Hockey's Future Become a Sponsor Site Rules Support Forum vBookie Page 2
The Business of Hockey Discuss the financial and business aspects of the NHL. Topics may include the CBA, work stoppages, broadcast contracts, franchise sales, and NHL revenues.

Ville de Québec Part VII: Si J'avais les ailes d'un ange

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools
Old
01-18-2013, 12:39 AM
  #401
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post

But this could be a good start:

[IMG]http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://content.****************/logos/34/860/full/f0ei9whw1ha4cae0naene6lsg.gif&imgrefurl=http://www.****************/logos/view/f0ei9whw1ha4cae0naene6lsg/Temple_Owls/1996/Alternate_Logo&usg=__9X2xUc2AXiI2PdbsVu7wIXXLKm8=& h=474&w=613&sz=39&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=ZIdvu fFIRHW_AM:&tbnh=138&tbnw=179&ei=WuH4UNWfM-eBiwLP_YDoAg&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=388&sig=10166 5398489683631770&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0 ,i:86&tx=70&ty=40[/IMG]

Anyone seeing a half Q in this?
Yeah, that'd be sweet. Have the wing tips almost touch to complete the O shape but have the talons and tail behind to make a full Q.

A bit like..
[IMG]eBiwLP_YDoAg&um=1&itbs=1&iact=rc&dur=388&sig=10166 5398489683631770&page=1&ndsp=20&ved=1t:429,r:0,s:0 ,i:86&tx=70&ty=40[/IMG]



Okay, too drunk. Anyway google "Temple Owls", you'll get my meaning...

__________________
This poster should not be taken seriously under any circumstances.

Last edited by rt: 01-18-2013 at 12:52 AM.
rt is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:50 AM
  #402
Alexdaman
Registered User
 
Alexdaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Pominville, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 4,898
vCash: 50
The building is going to be awesome it really strikes as being the most original architectural design in the NHL. It's really going to help Quebec city makes its mark in the 21st century.

http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/temp/a...hitectural.pdf

Alexdaman is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 08:26 AM
  #403
powerstuck
User Registered
 
powerstuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Quebec City
Country: Serbia
Posts: 2,520
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
... it's Thursday night!
Cams are 24/7

Btw, if you look at it this morning, don't fool yourselves, that blue and sunny sky is cold as hell it's -13F/-25C.

powerstuck is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 09:09 AM
  #404
DyerMaker66
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5,148
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Material Defender View Post
Thanks homes. An updated 72-73 jersey (with one more red stripe) would be awesome, imo. Maybe change the navy blue to light blue.

DyerMaker66 is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 12:58 PM
  #405
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by DyerMaker66 View Post
Thanks homes. An updated 72-73 jersey (with one more red stripe) would be awesome, imo. Maybe change the navy blue to light blue.
Nope. 94-95 was perfect. No need to tweak. It's done. They got it right already. Ain't broke, don't fix.

rt is online now  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:02 PM
  #406
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
Nope. 94-95 was perfect. No need to tweak. It's done. They got it right already. Ain't broke, don't fix.
Sounds like you are really stoked to see the Yotes relocate to QC. Awesome

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 01:25 PM
  #407
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
I'm sure most fans are in the same boat, as was the case in Winnipeg, but PKP, like TNSE, will be looking at the situation as a way of maximizing their profits. If they release a uniform that's similar to the old look, then they're practically leaving the door wide open for frugal fans to just say, "**** it, I'll keep my old/retro sweater I already have rather than buy a new one." Release an entirely new look, however, and you essentially create brand-new merchandise that every self-respecting fan would essentially be inclined to buy.
This comes up every few months, but didn't PKP state in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't change the Nordiques name or logo?

Ugmo is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 03:05 PM
  #408
GordonGraham
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,905
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
This comes up every few months, but didn't PKP state in no uncertain terms that he wouldn't change the Nordiques name or logo?
Name yes dont remember him talking about the logo

GordonGraham is offline  
Old
01-18-2013, 11:21 PM
  #409
DJ Omnimaga
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Québec City area
Posts: 206
vCash: 500
Even if he doesn't change the name/logo it doesn't mean he won't change the jersey design.

DJ Omnimaga is offline  
Old
01-19-2013, 01:47 AM
  #410
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 27,824
vCash: 50
Yeah, I only vaguely remember the name being the only thing he brought up.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 07:50 PM
  #411
Frenchy
Global Moderator
 
Frenchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Alma, QC.
Country: Canada
Posts: 16,458
vCash: 50
it's been really quiet in the news , lately .
i'm going nuts watching the live webcam, over and over , of the new colisée.

Frenchy is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 08:05 PM
  #412
No Fun Shogun
Global Moderator
34-38-61-10-13
 
No Fun Shogun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Shogunate of Nofunia
Country: Fiji
Posts: 27,824
vCash: 50
Seattle's been getting a lot of steam, so that probably plays a role in it, especially if the Yotes deal collapses.

No Fun Shogun is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:03 PM
  #413
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by No Fun Shogun View Post
Seattle's been getting a lot of steam, so that probably plays a role in it, especially if the Yotes deal collapses.
Doesn't Seattle now have the same problem they had last time they were being discussed: no place to play until they finish a new arena? You still have to think QC is in the pole position if the Yotes need to be moved toute de suite.

Ugmo is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:10 PM
  #414
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugmo View Post
Doesn't Seattle now have the same problem they had last time they were being discussed: no place to play until they finish a new arena? You still have to think QC is in the pole position if the Yotes need to be moved toute de suite.
I agree, the NHL has hinted to many sources, including Renaud Lavoie that they would never play at Key arena.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:18 PM
  #415
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
How i see it is, Québec get the Yotes if they move, and they will keep Seattle and Toronto for expansion. To much questions marks remaining with the latter two. Expansion would give them time to get their ducks in a row.

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:41 PM
  #416
Cacciaguida
Registered User
 
Cacciaguida's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Ottawa
Country: Antarctica
Posts: 182
vCash: 500
I don't know why everyone is so high on Toronto getting a second team. I think the NHL would prefer Hamilton, especially if they promise to build an arena asap.

The territorial fees would be tremendous for a Toronto 2.0.
Hamilton would be pricey, but less so.

Cacciaguida is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 09:48 PM
  #417
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cacciaguida View Post
I don't know why everyone is so high on Toronto getting a second team. I think the NHL would prefer Hamilton, especially if they promise to build an arena asap.

The territorial fees would be tremendous for a Toronto 2.0.
Hamilton would be pricey, but less so.
Well, it will be either Hamilton or Toronto 2 (Markham). Btw how far is Toronto from Hamilton?

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:04 PM
  #418
Stanley Cup
Bettman's ice bucket
 
Stanley Cup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Quebec City
Country: Martinique
Posts: 1,681
vCash: 500
45 minutes away

Stanley Cup is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:18 PM
  #419
Undertakerqc
Registered User
 
Undertakerqc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,282
vCash: 500
Tell you what, if Seattle gets a team before us i will be really angry with the NHL. We built this arena without a guarantee from the NHL just in a hope to get the an NHL team and for the love of the game. Seattle arena plan was mainly for basketball and getting an NHL team was an aftertought.

The new NHL team in Quebec city would be king in town. In Seattle it would be the fifth team in importance.

You know Gary, you owe us one. Your legacy in Canada would be unblemished with a return of the NHL here.

Just Do It Gary!!!

Undertakerqc is offline  
Old
01-21-2013, 10:45 PM
  #420
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckschmuck View Post
Sounds like you are really stoked to see the Yotes relocate to QC. Awesome
No, actually I love hockey. I believe in the game. I want hockey mad markets like Quebec to no longer be left wanting, to no longer be underserved. They deserve their game there. Just like us folks in Phoenix. See, that's the difference between you and I. It's that bitterness and resentment. I love the idea of the NHL in Seattle too, but also a second franchise in the GTA. I don't suffer from elitism or entitlement.

rt is online now  
Old
01-21-2013, 11:40 PM
  #421
Pyro Kinesis
Cleveland for LIFE!
 
Pyro Kinesis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Youngstown, Ohio
Country: United States
Posts: 1,186
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexdaman View Post
The building is going to be awesome it really strikes as being the most original architectural design in the NHL. It's really going to help Quebec city makes its mark in the 21st century.

http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/temp/a...hitectural.pdf
Can someone post this in, like, non-PDF format? I hate PDFs and they take forever to load.

Pyro Kinesis is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 08:19 AM
  #422
Ugmo
Registered User
 
Ugmo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Country: Austria
Posts: 10,522
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyro Kinesis View Post
Can someone post this in, like, non-PDF format? I hate PDFs and they take forever to load.
It's a 40-page document - just let it load and enjoy.

Ugmo is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:39 AM
  #423
rt
Usually Incorrect
 
rt's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Rarely Sober
Country: United States
Posts: 43,218
vCash: 500
It is also in French. I wouldve just looked at the pictures anyhow. Haha.

rt is online now  
Old
01-22-2013, 09:45 AM
  #424
QcBlizzard
Regis-tered fan
 
QcBlizzard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Saguenay, Qc
Country: Canada
Posts: 1,794
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
It is also in French. I wouldve just looked at the pictures anyhow. Haha.
Pics and videos, plenty of stuff here http://www.ville.quebec.qc.ca/temp/a...os_videos.aspx

QcBlizzard is offline  
Old
01-22-2013, 10:58 AM
  #425
Puckschmuck*
Doan Shall Be Boo'ed
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Winnipeg
Country: Canada
Posts: 5,937
vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by rt View Post
No, actually I love hockey. I believe in the game. I want hockey mad markets like Quebec to no longer be left wanting, to no longer be underserved. They deserve their game there. Just like us folks in Phoenix. See, that's the difference between you and I. It's that bitterness and resentment. I love the idea of the NHL in Seattle too, but also a second franchise in the GTA. I don't suffer from elitism or entitlement.
Very glad to see you want more northern teams. This is where the lucrative markets are and where the league should concentrate on locating teams for financial stability.

Puckschmuck* is offline  
Closed Thread

Forum Jump


Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.

monitoring_string = "e4251c93e2ba248d29da988d93bf5144"
Contact Us - HFBoards - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Use - Advertise - Top - AdChoices

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.